Metal Storm logo
Favorite Instrumental

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 19.07.2006 - 23:53
So, what is your favorite instrumental song? For those of you who don't know, and instrumental is a track without lyrics or vocal music.

My favorite has to be from a band I very recently discovered, called Shade Empire. Their track Ravine is one excellent instrumental. Cool piano intro especially.
06.07.2011 - 13:58
rduarte
I don't really listen to nightwish much these days, but i remember that i used to enjoy "Crimson Tide/Deep Blue Sea" quite a lot back in the day - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb4QLMfOJTg.
06.07.2011 - 14:05
Yavanna
I just love last of the wilds - nightwish, or the silent enigma - anathema I simply cannot choose only one
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
06.07.2011 - 17:27
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Metallica-Orion
Cliff Burton (R.I.P) is responsible for the ultimate bass work on this one.
12.10.2011 - 17:46
Gothroman
Account deleted
Hammerfall-In Memoriam
13.10.2011 - 01:51
Carcass - Genital Grinder
13.10.2011 - 04:26
king_matt
Metallica - The Call of Ktulu and Sepultura - Inquisition Symphony. The latter doesn't get much attention, but I love it.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
15.10.2011 - 03:16
Moonsorrow - Tyven
----
Heavy metal is the 666th element in the periodic table of mixology.
Heavy metal is the heaviest of the metals, even heavier than rock.
Here are the isotopes: Iron Maidenium - Panterium - King Diamondium - Hendrixium -
Megadethium - Sabbathium
15.10.2011 - 05:18
Mattybu
Binge and Grab (Instrumental version) by Buckethead, also my favourite song of all time.
16.10.2011 - 15:21
Vombatus
Potorro
It would probably be between Wigrid's Die Asche Eines Lebens, Emperor's The Wanderer, Hammerfall's In Memoriam or Drudkh's Glare of Autumn. Just love the sad feeling they have... too much great instrumentals out there, even without mentionning all the awesome intros (Tyven, Frost, Black Moon Overture...)
21.10.2011 - 00:24
Frost Beast
Account deleted
Agalloch - A Celebration For The Death Of Man
I know it's only a few chords repeated for 2 minutes, but it has a great feel to it. Also, I never get bored of playing it on guitar.
27.10.2011 - 21:01
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
"Into The Lungs Of Hell" by Megadeth
28.10.2011 - 21:12
Misfit74
Orion, Metallica
Thrash Attack, Destruction
----

[URL=http://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Misfit74/d.rp,aat,ts,al,o,g,v,r0.0-5.0,n100,oowun]My Music on RYM[/url]
Last.fm
30.10.2011 - 04:14
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Pelican. all of it, every single song.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.09.2012 - 01:23
Oaken
Hipster
Nargaroth's "Nargaroth":
The essence of black metal comes alive in this fiery-with-heathen-pride instrumental.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
21.09.2012 - 02:32
Fredd
Account deleted
Arcturus - Ad Astra. There are some lyrics near the end but it's basically an instrumental. And a masterpiece.

21.09.2012 - 22:41
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I can't really choose, so I'll just post my top ten (in no particular order):

1. Dyrad of the Woods - Pain of Salvation (It's a very lush and lovely acoustic number, one of my faves from Remedy Lane)

2. Altered Course - ISIS (Very repetitive song, but that's part of it's beauty. It's very hypnotic straight through to the end)

3. Odal - Agalloch (The guitar melodies in this song and the drum march near the end are spellbinding. I also love the piano ending a lot)

4. Genghis Khan - Iron Maiden (The galloping feel and the soaring twin guitar solo at the end really make this song amazing, a favorite of mine from Killers)

5. Inside the City of Glass - Katatonia (Ends my favorite album from them (Viva Emptiness) on a very doomy note, it's pretty haunting to say the least)

6. Epilogue - Opeth (Very soulful and Pink Floydian end to an album as brutal as My Arms, Your Hearse. This song is very emotionally powerful)

7. Nattestid IV - Taake (Starts off with your typical black metal blast beats, but goes into a strongly folk-like rhythm that really makes the song shine)

8. Not Saved - Ulver (I love the bells and the piano in this particular song, it's very experimental with some static noises and all that , yet still beautiful as well)

9. The First Snow - Drudkh (Another repetitive song, yet it's absolutely bone-chilling and haunting at the same time, the 9:12 fly by quickly)

10. A Walk Beyond Utter Darkness - Xasthur (Another very haunting song where the melodies are able to seep through all the distortion and chaos)
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
22.09.2012 - 01:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Added "Orion" by Metallica to the list of my favorites
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep