Metal Storm logo
Down vs Damageplan

Poll

Which one is the best Pantera offspring?

Down
Damageplan

Total votes: 29
09.12.2006 - 20:00
Troll
Account deleted
Down vs. Damageplan
Phil Anselmo & Rex vs. Dimebag Darrell & Vinnie Paul

Which one is the best Pantera offspring?

I voted for Down, cause I´m more of an old skool metal dude. I really like Damageplan thou.
10.12.2006 - 03:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
fuuuuuuuck dude, this is the question of the day for me. Hmmmm.....Down's Nola is really good, but I thought II sucked. Damageplan only released one album, and I'm kinda biased towards Dimebag, so I would have liked anything he made. uuuhhhh....I'll vote for Down just because of how good Nola is.
10.12.2006 - 04:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Well, lemme see... Nola was a great album, but II was SHIT, but then again Damageplan's album was just drivel, so that leaves Nola... hence I go with Down.
And I prefer that stoner sound to that clinical almost nu-sound of Damageplan. Plus all in all Down consists of better musicians than Damageplan.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.12.2006 - 13:29
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
So what if dime was in damageplan the band that tried to be what they werent/// eg they tried to continue like pantera whereas down was around at the same time vulgar came out and have pepper and dudes from crowbar plus "the kid" philip h anselmo... like damn how could think damage plan with bobzilla and mr i think im phil but im really not (the singer). Damageplan annoyed me to no end... but i love the sound of down alot its chilled but still metal. Thus down it is!
10.12.2006 - 14:25
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I voted Down, only for Nola though...Damageplan was shite through and through, sadly.
11.12.2006 - 01:47
Troll
Account deleted
Guys, you have to listen to II again! It´s not as catchy as NOLA but it´s a great album with tracks as "New Orleans is a dying whore" and Stained Glass Cross!
11.12.2006 - 14:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=427] on 11.12.2006 at 01:47

Guys, you have to listen to II again! It´s not as catchy as NOLA but it´s a great album with tracks as "New Orleans is a dying whore" and Stained Glass Cross!

Sorry, but I totally disagree with you. Down II is a pile of utter crappy shite. And IMO only gets praised because Anselmo is on it and also the other guys. But if any other band had released it it would have been burned to the ground.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.12.2006 - 22:58
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
II has some of the worst vocals that Phil has ever done. However, he does a fantastic job in NOLA.
15.12.2006 - 20:51
morbid_freak
Account deleted
Damage Plan.
18.12.2006 - 03:47
Troll
Account deleted
Written by [user id=18570] on 15.12.2006 at 20:51

Damage Plan.

Why?? I wanna know why you´re a bigger fan of Damageplan!
Read the fucking rules! Even I am playing after ´em now!
18.12.2006 - 06:10
morbid_freak
Account deleted
Written by [user id=427] on 18.12.2006 at 03:47

Written by [user id=18570] on 15.12.2006 at 20:51

Damage Plan.

Why?? I wanna know why you´re a bigger fan of Damageplan!
Read the fucking rules! Even I am playing after ´em now!

Oh sorry bout that. I perfer Damageplan cause I'm way too much of a Dimebag Darrell fan to choose anything else. And also i've listened to way more damageplan than I have Down.
20.03.2007 - 21:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Recently discovered Down, (why so fucking late dammit) and not really a fan of Damageplan, so simple question.

NOLA it is!

I shouldn't stone the crows, no
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.07.2007 - 21:19
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Damageplan. It has Dimebag Darrel. I've never been too fond of Phil Anselmo, while Dimebag seemed like a cool guy, hell, even mom liked him. Besides, you just can't beat Damageplan's cover. Probably the best cover I've ever seen:

----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
06.07.2007 - 09:46
AlGore
Account deleted
Down. Anselmo is phenomenal with whatever he does, and I liked II, "New Orleans is a Dying Whore", "Where I'm Going", "Learn From This Mistake", "Ghosts Along the Mississippi". Those are good songs if I'm comparing them to the rest of the album. Comparing Down to Damageplan though, I have to go with Down.
06.07.2007 - 16:11
Baz Anderson
Staff
I voted on this ages ago but obviously didn't comment..
I voted for Damageplan.. they just seemed the bst way forward.. their album is really quite good in my opinion.. still listen to the occasional song on it now..

there was news a long time ago now (still after the death) that there might be a second Damageplan album as most stuff had already been recorded, but I guess that isn't going to become a reality.. Vinnie has his new "all American" band now..
23.12.2008 - 15:04
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I'm gonna pick Down just for Nola. Its a great stoner/sludge album. And even though Phil Anselmo is a total prick. Damageplan only made one album and its fairly generic and the only way its really famous is because Dimebag put his name on it. I agree that down II is shit. Everytime I hear songs from it i cringe.

I'm just gonna say this to. Vinnie Paul needs to stop making side projects and "supergroups" and go be a retired average drummer somewhere and count his Pantera money
----
Coldgrits
03.04.2011 - 23:47
blacktooth85
DOWN