Metal Storm logo
Best Iron Maiden-vocalist

Poll

Who has been the best vocalist in Iron Maiden?

Bruce Dickinson
Paul Di'Anno
Blaze Bayley

Total votes: 131
19.12.2007 - 14:40
RhysTerk
In my opinion Paul Di'Anno is by far the best, but i know that Dickinson is very popular too, so im intrested in hearing what you think.
19.12.2007 - 16:47
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
well...imo it is Bruce 4ever and on
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.12.2007 - 17:03
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Never really liked Di'Anno so the battle is between Blaze and Bruce and Bruce is a sure winner there
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.12.2007 - 17:37
Warman
Erotic Stains
I won't vote. Of course Dickinson is THE Iron Maiden front man. A wonderful vocalist. But I also love Di'Anno, the very early days could be their best period IMO. And I adore Blaze too, very powerful and underestimated. I can't vote... because I don't know which one's my favourite.
----
19.12.2007 - 18:05
Abattoir
Staff
I vote for Bruce Dickinson. He was, is and will be the best Iron Maiden vocalist for me...
19.12.2007 - 18:25
Valentin B
Iconoclast
sorry but i think this is a worthless poll as BRUCE DICKINSON is miles ahead the best of those three, possibly one of the best vocalists and definetely one of the best frontmen in metal history. Di'Anno and Blaze are both good vocalists, with some shiny diamonds like "Phantom of the Opera" and "The Clansman", but they will never top Bruce. actually i think the only 2 better vocalists i can think of right now are Halford or Dio.
19.12.2007 - 20:41
RhysTerk
Well, i found him overrated so that's one of the reasons that i created this thread
19.12.2007 - 21:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
ehhhh Im bored but still all are good .... but Killers are weekes Im album
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.12.2007 - 22:26
Iceland_Norway
I Like Bruce Dickinson because is multitalented screamer.

Paul Dianno is the same voice in all two official albums Iron Maiden and Killers.

Blaze Bayley is Not the right person to sing Bruce Songs in Iron Maiden, but Something of Him is pretty with Pride.

The Sign of the Cross, The CLainsman, Virus, are the best masterpieces for him.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
20.12.2007 - 02:15
selken
Irreligious
Obvious winner: Bruce
Hey mom, i'm on TV a locked thread!!!!
----
20.12.2007 - 02:24
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't know if it'll be locked... we have other useless polls (*cough*Old vs New In Flames*cough*) with clear results. :
----
20.12.2007 - 02:46
Richard
Elite
@Warman: I think the thread can stay open for now, as there isn't necessary a clear winner (although admittedly Bruce has got the vast majority of votes so far!)

@RhysTerk - as the starter of this poll, however, could you offer more of an explanation regarding your own choice?

Personally, I think that Di'anno and Blaze had some great moments (I agree with Cursed's examples of Phantom of the Opera and The Clansman, respectively, which are suited to their vocal styles), but Bruce Dickinson is definitely my favourite Iron Maiden frontman. Iron Maiden are arguably the ultimate traditional Heavy Metal band, and Dickinson pretty much sums up traditional Heavy Metal vocals at their best - a strong sense of melody and control, and soaring high notes but without sounding too whiny, whereas many high pitched vocalists tend to lack power.

I think Blaze Bayley is generally very underrated, though, and the 2 albums he made with Maiden do contain some damn good songs. His own self-titled band has given us some strong offerings of no-frills British Heavy Metal which combine the traditional style with a modern touch.
----
20.12.2007 - 03:59
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
The others cannot hold a candle to Bruce Dickinson! He's just better, he has the 'definitive Iron Maiden voice' IMO

20.12.2007 - 13:04
duyhung
Account deleted
Bruce Dickinson, as clear as 1+1=2..., and i'm afraid i have nothing more to say about such an easy choice...
20.12.2007 - 15:06
Deadsoulman
Elite
Well, let me disagree with the majority of you Though I agree Dickinson technically has the best voice, I like DiAnno's punkish tones much better. He fitted so well in the first two Maiden albums (with Killers being an all-time favourite of mine) that I don't think Dickinson has ever topped his performance on songs like Wrathchild, Murders In The Rue Morgue or Phantom Of The Opera.

About Bailey, well, I like X Factor and Virtual XI, both are good, different albums in the Iron Maiden discography, but I was never too fond of his voice.
20.12.2007 - 16:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I love all songs from 'Iron Maiden' its my secend fav album of band but 'Killers' maybe 2 songs and one instrumental are good but Bruce he was and are good lyricist about historical thems even IM hasnt changed after 2000 but lyric themes are diferent nowdays more scientistic not hostorical amd mytical
I like also Blaze but hsi voice wa sweeker and song lyrics wanst so good anymore but not bad too... so I realy cant answer because I love all realy all and I will answer when Alexander be master of Asia
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.12.2007 - 17:37
Smurfophagist
Bruce Dickinson, without any doubt. But I really loved Di'Anno on Killers. Can't wait for Maiden to come to Split, I live for that day...
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
20.12.2007 - 18:51
Iceland_Norway
Bruce is Degreed (graduated) in History.

Now Songs have Politic meaning and History together.

He Is a Monster
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
26.12.2007 - 20:44
Ascalon
Dickinson it's amazing ..and also a good vocalist .. but the quality of Di Anno it's enormous ... really beeter voice than Dickinson .. who is more famous ... just listne to "Prowler" of the 1º album of Maiden
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
26.12.2007 - 20:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'd love to have all three of them as vocalists for the band.
----
26.12.2007 - 22:17
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
Bruce is the best of them. Paul was great too, but I wanna say that Blaze was great too. His songs & vocal quality gave good songs for Iron Maiden. Just think 'bout 2 a.m., Como Estáis Amigos, Futureal, When Two Worlds Collide...
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
27.12.2007 - 00:16
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
bruce dickinson for me, definately my favourite, and really gave iron maiden what they are today
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.12.2007 - 12:50
-Nowitzki-7
Account deleted
Well i like Bruce more than the others, i like Di Anno as well, but i Dickinson is better
27.12.2007 - 14:40
Syk
myspace/bonerama
My opinion is similar to Warman's and Richard's, though I'm not able to compare their live performances. Dickinson may come out on top if he does very well on my fav song "Remember Tomorrow" but I haven't yet heard him attempt it.
Damn, I've still got to check out Blaze's solo stuff... I think he's out of the competition for me, at least until I do that
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to [url=../bands/album.php?album_id=28982]wind up[/url] on Sundays
28.12.2007 - 08:11
panchowl
I voted for Bruce Dickinson without any doubt, he's THE voice of Iron Maiden... Paul Di'Anno and Blaze were good colaborators for Iron Maiden... nothing else
30.12.2007 - 02:50
Alex Smith
I voted for Bruce, but Blaze and Paul were good too... Anyway, Dickinson is the best.
30.12.2007 - 02:54
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Syk on 27.12.2007 at 14:40

My opinion is similar to Warman's and Richard's, though I'm not able to compare their live performances. Dickinson may come out on top if he does very well on my fav song "Remember Tomorrow" but I haven't yet heard him attempt it.
Damn, I've still got to check out Blaze's solo stuff... I think he's out of the competition for me, at least until I do that

They played Remember Tomorrow two years ago here in Sweden. He does a great job on it! Did you know that he got the job as the vocalist of Maiden when he sang it for the band?
And the Blaze Bayley albums are great IMO!
----
30.12.2007 - 19:44
Hyvaarin
Steve Harris is by far the best singer that has ever sung for Maiden. Every other singer is completely worthless and an embarrassment to metal.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
30.12.2007 - 21:37
Undoubtedly in my mind Bruce. Tremendous range, delivery and you KNOW when you hear Bruce's voice. The Human Air Raid siren indeed.
07.01.2008 - 08:00
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Blaze, he's one of my Favorite Frontmen! His style of voice is unique, nobody can beat him (Well, only Bruce Dickinson for what i see).