Metal Storm logo
SunnO)))

06.07.2006 - 07:30
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
So, here we are, with this crazy band. I infact love all of the two albums I own of this band (White 2 and Black 1). Black 1 almost feels to me to be a black drone album, but also white 2 is just epic, and HEAVY! Discuss!
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
06.07.2006 - 14:24
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
might as well start this thread with a controversial opinion. i don't like the last album as much as the white albums. it seemed more like an atempt to appeal to the modern black metal scene than an attempt to do what is truely best musically.

wasn't terrible though.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
06.07.2006 - 14:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I like them, heard some stuff. Don't have any albums though. It is really weird, but really nice.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.07.2006 - 19:27
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by -tom- on 06.07.2006 at 14:24

might as well start this thread with a controversial opinion. i don't like the last album as much as the white albums. it seemed more like an atempt to appeal to the modern black metal scene than an attempt to do what is truely best musically.

wasn't terrible though.

I agree to a degree. I prefer the two white albums to Black1. There are some good tracks later on the disc I really enjoy, but the early off - particularly the Immortal cover - don't stack up to Hell-O)))-Ween or My Wall.

I do like the cd art - both cover and absolute Spinal Tap-ish interior booklet. I.E. "none more black."
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.07.2006 - 23:02
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll

wasn't terrible though.

I agree a wee bit. I see what you mean, except for the fact that i havent heard White1. I think Black1 is the result of Greg Anderson being a huge BM fan (and then attempting to convert Stephen) - and me being one aswell, i highly enjoyed the album.
----
-Voltaire
07.07.2006 - 00:54
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I had my first contact with this band today actually, bought the "Black One" cd, the first impression was very good. Great atmosphere and lyrics. I will tell more when I listen to the cd properly.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.07.2006 - 06:28
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Black One was my favouritealbum of 2005... it's BY FAR my favourite by Sunn O))), with a stunning atmosphere that is overwhelming... well, I'm 100% a metalhead and Black One is certainly theor most "metal" album, and that helps... the Immortal cover is just over-the-top, and weird but happens to be my favourite Sunn O))) song hehehe...

About the Whites, loved them at first but I'm a bit bored after months listening to them... in White One I like a lot "My Wall", and also the third one, but the second song is totally unworthy techno shit... IMO White Two is much better, but not even close to the quality of Black One...

From their older stuff, I like the songs on "Flight Of The Behemoth" that were mixed by the noise master Merzbow, but not much more.
08.07.2006 - 00:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I love this band, actualy in Latvia its hard to get some CD, I had dounloudet them in net, because this band are great, great underground band, and seems this band are some kind I dunno influenced from 1000 thinks, because I never cant understand ewhat thay try to say, but why shood I, thay sounds great
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.08.2006 - 22:02
IgarTheTerrible
Account deleted
Ive got all their albums execpt OO Void, and they have to be one of my favorite bands. If you can only buy one of their albums go for Black one or White2...Damn I wish they'd tour Canada....
05.08.2006 - 17:30
SteTech
Hmm, I haven't listened to any Sunn O))) in a while, but then I'm kinda going off doom now. I bought Black One out of curiosity after reading an interview in Terrorizer magazine. I would've gone to see them in Leeds on their last UK tour if I wasn't working!

Their stuff is interesting, I really would like to see them live
05.08.2006 - 18:07
Zombie, M.D.
Written by ItalktotheWind on 06.07.2006 at 23:02

wasn't terrible though.

I agree a wee bit. I see what you mean, except for the fact that i havent heard White1. I think Black1 is the result of Greg Anderson being a huge BM fan (and then attempting to convert Stephen) - and me being one aswell, i highly enjoyed the album.

Greg trying to convert Stephen OMalley to listening to black metal? Dude, OMalley has actually been active in the black metal scene for years. He made the artwork to Hlidkjalf along side some other chick and a few other BM album covers.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
06.08.2006 - 06:15
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
got this from the Ulver myspace page... posted it on their thread, thought I'd share here as well.

"Ulver's next announced plans include a collaboration with doom/sludge/drone rock/metal band Sunn O)))"
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.08.2006 - 23:52
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Should be interesting.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.08.2006 - 23:50
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
Black 1 is an amazing album. Sunn O))) are not just any regular band. I really like their drone style, it's really amazing.
08.08.2006 - 04:50
Konrad
Mormon Storm
What the hell is up with all the O))) shit? What does all of it mean? I haven't heard this band yet, but they are annoying me already.
----
Brujerizmo!
08.08.2006 - 05:23
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Konrad on 08.08.2006 at 04:50

What the hell is up with all the O))) shit? What does all of it mean? I haven't heard this band yet, but they are annoying me already.

almost as annoying as your avatar..Shinobi Pwns Ninja Gaiden's Face
08.08.2006 - 17:16
Konrad
Mormon Storm
http://www.myspace.com/)))(90)__)((**&^^*&^(**_)*)(8

Check out my band plzlzlzlzl roflz pwns hehelollol
----
Brujerizmo!
08.08.2006 - 18:41
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
that was amusing.

Support!
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
08.08.2006 - 19:22
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Konrad on 08.08.2006 at 04:50

Tribute to their favorite amplification.

http://www.sunnamps.com/
----

08.08.2006 - 19:31
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Ah! Ok now I'll give them a listen.
----
Brujerizmo!
12.08.2006 - 17:59
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by BitterCOld on 06.08.2006 at 06:15

got this from the Ulver myspace page... posted it on their thread, thought I'd share here as well.

"Ulver's next announced plans include a collaboration with doom/sludge/drone rock/metal band Sunn O)))"

this is out now as part of the white boxset. its one side of a 12"

despite only being released 3 weeks ago, the boxset is out of print and going for high prices on ebay
----

Read Watchmen.
13.08.2006 - 20:05
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
D'oh. Hopefully some mp3's will circulate, then. Doesn't sound like I will be gettingmy greedy little fingers on it (and don't own a record player anyways...)
----

15.08.2006 - 21:46
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
----

Read Watchmen.
15.08.2006 - 23:16
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by -tom- on 15.08.2006 at 21:46

How stupid are die-hard sunn fans? find out in 6 days and 8 hours

Dude, that pic is awsome. Shure, it's pure madness to pay suh an amount of money for it, but still.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.

16.08.2006 - 01:14
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
theres 6 days left! it will undoubtedly go way higher
----

Read Watchmen.
16.08.2006 - 01:58
Basso
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 16.08.2006 at 01:14

theres 6 days left! it will undoubtedly go way higher

that is almost as crazy as the dood from Pure Pwnage that sold a bit of his hair for aprox 3000 bucks. no joke
20.08.2006 - 21:40
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 05.08.2006 at 18:07

Written by ItalktotheWind on 06.07.2006 at 23:02

wasn't terrible though.

Greg trying to convert Stephen OMalley to listening to black metal? Dude, OMalley has actually been active in the black metal scene for years. He made the artwork to Hlidkjalf along side some other chick and a few other BM album covers.

Wow, I didnt know that. I was going off of an interview I read with Stephen that said he wasn't really into black metal now as much as Greg, but he also did say they were really into the early 90's records.
----
-Voltaire
20.08.2006 - 21:58
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Damnated on 15.08.2006 at 23:16

Written by -tom- on 15.08.2006 at 21:46

How stupid are die-hard sunn fans? find out in 6 days and 8 hours

Dude, that pic is awsome. Shure, it's pure madness to pay suh an amount of money for it, but still.

It's gotta be said: an awesome pic. And also 1/10. But then again, 100 dollar. No fucking way.
----

21.08.2006 - 09:22
IgarTheTerrible
Account deleted
just thought i'd let you guys know that you can download The Ulver+Sunn track "CUTWOODed" from the new white1+2 vinyl from O'Malley's Website.
Here: http://www.ideologic.org/index2.html
(Click on "Words", and search the page for "cut" if you cant find it)
21.08.2006 - 23:09
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
meh. was getting a blank page when I tried.
----