Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody Of Fire - New Album, New Label, New Power

Official press release

Italian metal "heroes" Rhapsody Of Fire return with a fantastic new album that will be released on March 5th, 2010 by their new label Nuclear Blast, which is known for acts like Nightwish, Edguy or Blind Guardian.

"We are finally proud to announce to the world that Rhapsody Of Fire are stronger than ever and finally ready for their glorious come-back! We just signed a worldwide-level agreement with the legendary label 'Nuclear Blast', at this time the greatest choice we could have ever done. Wonderful people, a great business vision and the best organization possible, for a relationship that can be anything else but successful for the years to come.

In the last months we worked very hard and now all we can say is that a great new album, a real masterpiece of power/speed/symphonic metal, is finally ready!

It's title is The Frozen Tears Of Angels, it is produced by Luca Turilli and Alex Staropoli and it was mixed and mastered by our valorous friend Sascha Paeth at the Gate Studio in Wolfsburg (Avantasia, Epica and others).

This is not just a new album for us, but pure emotion carved in music.

Lyrically it's based on the 3rd chapter of "The Dark Secret Sage" and the long journey of five bravehearts to the frozen northern lands at the unexplored borders of the known world in order to find a way to stop the demonknight's prophecy. This album and its music will underline the feelings, hopes and fear of the main characters in this new epic adventure.

All the drama of this new part of the saga will be as always enchanted by the soundtrack oriented orchestral arrangements and the majesty of opera choirs, real trademark of Rhapsody of Fire's music, but surely this album will sound more powerful, speed and guitar oriented than in the recent past, in order to underline the dark and romantic rage of the lyrics too.

Every song will have its own character, as you will be able to fly with the angels of the crystal realms through the cold skies of the north on the notes of hit-songs like "Sea Of Fate" (song written for the first time together by Luca Turilli, Alex Staropoli and Fabio Lione), "Raging Starfire" or "The Frozen Tears Of Angels", and at the same time you will have a taste of the angels' holy rage listening to "Reign Of Terror", real gem of this new production.

The energy of more extreme metal applied to positive lyrics hymning to the victory of hope, truth and respect over the inner demons lying in the depths of our conscience for a unique contrast never heard before and that made us really excited while composing this song.

This new CD will include a great looking cover artwork, created this time by a new and incredibly talented artist able to turn the drama of our fantasy world into a serious, cinematic and realistic representation, and a complete booklet including all the details of the saga's new chapter. The album will be released as a special limited deluxe digipak (first edition) including two bonus tracks and an incredible 32-pages booklet, as well as a standard jewelcase and of course on vinyl.

We are looking forward to inviting you to the unexplored snowy and icy majestic landscapes of the north, that mystical dark frozen world where even the tears of our beloved angels can't be anything else but frozen!"

(Also thanks to [user_id]37403[/user_id], [user_id]32187[/user_id] and [user_id]100451[/user_id])

Source: rhapsodyoffire.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 19.11.2009 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 42   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 299 users
19.11.2009 - 18:28
Galluskas
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19.11.2009 - 18:32
annodomini
Oh YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't expect it so soon.. Cant wait.
----
the riddle wants to be...
19.11.2009 - 18:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Great bright news in murky day
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.11.2009 - 18:52
Enissa
And Finally, Great to see that they are free from the Manowar's label, Nuclear Blast is a legendary label indeed, stiil hope the new album is better than the last one!
19.11.2009 - 19:21
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Ah ah! finally out of Manowar's clutches! Now let's see if they'll do good music again...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
19.11.2009 - 19:23
Good good!!! Rhapsody is back!!! can't wait.. this should be an epic one
----
...SHADOWEDFIRE...
19.11.2009 - 19:33
Icedburden
Nuclear Blast is signing bands left and right... awesome.
----
Born Out Of Hate, Descending Upon The Earth
19.11.2009 - 19:38
Baz Anderson
Staff
I like a lot.
19.11.2009 - 19:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hahahaha! The title of the news made me giggle like a little girl, "...new power"!
----
19.11.2009 - 19:41
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
At last, for me this was like an eternity but now I'm extremely happy, because when they went on hiatus they cancelled a gig that was planned for Mexico and South America

So, a new phase begins now for them, I hope this means the best for the band. I'll wait patiently for the new album and for the new tour that will come with "The Frozen Tears Of Angels"

This is the best news of the year for me

I told you before: NUCLEAR BLAST WANTS TO CONQUER THE METAL WORLD!!!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
19.11.2009 - 19:53
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Helllllll yeah. bring on the epic symphonic hollywood metal!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.11.2009 - 20:13
EmeraldSword
WOO HOO!!!! Finally after the long legal battle with Joey DeMaio they've emerged victorious! Nuclear Blast is a solid label. Best news I've heard in a while. Can't wait for March 5th 2010! Rock on!
19.11.2009 - 20:35
PM
Hail Lusitânia
Holy Fuck...

Bring that power on !!!!

oh yeah m/

I was already wondering where were this guys hidden!!!
----
PM is a pink elephant, and can be found at the bamboo forests of Greenland...
19.11.2009 - 20:42
Glabrezu
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Rhapsody are back!!!
----
Exploring life
Without fear without feeling
I am one with my torment
And forever blind
19.11.2009 - 21:24
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
New poweeeeer!!!!
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
19.11.2009 - 21:25
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
This is good news indeed
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.11.2009 - 21:33
Costa
Good to know they are back
19.11.2009 - 22:14
Janne
Hugin
News of the year!!!
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
19.11.2009 - 22:45
Folkbill
Yeah!
----
--Non So Bill.
19.11.2009 - 23:29
Dargor
Holy Majestic and Glorious Shit! That's sooooo go to hear from them, at last!

Written by Janne on 19.11.2009 at 22:14

News of the year!!!

Indeed
19.11.2009 - 23:40
JÄY
Metal slave
Theyre freeeeeeeeeee!!!!
20.11.2009 - 00:08
opeth771
IN YOUR FACE DIMAIO! Finally free from crapowar!

Can't wait for this album, I was so disappointed by the last album, I hope this one is good!
20.11.2009 - 00:54
Symmachus
Well, it looks like that feud with Joey DeMaio is finally in the past. The album's title is an awesome one, I will admit that.
20.11.2009 - 00:57
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Alright! The epicness is back!
*air guitar*
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.11.2009 - 01:15
I just hope it's better than their last album, as it did nothing for me. I'm also curious to see if they put out a good album with Nuclear Blast, because a lot of well known bands that have recently signed on to Nuclear Blast just have been putting out okay albums (i.e. Suffocation).
20.11.2009 - 04:11
BMR Monkey
Nice the legendary warriors are bakc with mor power tha never
this come-back will be one of the best of all times and surely that album will be one of the best of the next
year!

cant fucking wait
20.11.2009 - 04:30
selken
Irreligious
Written by Irritable Ted on 19.11.2009 at 20:35

Cheesy as hell, too much talk about heroes and glorious victories, when will these guys grow up.

HOPEFULLY NEVER!

Will check this one out.

I second that, no matter how many bands are artistically superior to them, I cannot quit listening their music!!!!!

It made my day!!

PS: I want to express once more how much I hate and despise Manowar
----
20.11.2009 - 05:19
Dominus
The Shooter
20.11.2009 - 09:11
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Did I say this news really really made my day? sorry, my year And did I say I'm really really happy with this? Well If I did I'll say it again: THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING! Sorry, can't stop feeling great with this.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
20.11.2009 - 16:57
giok99
Cant wait, amazing, i love the world YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH they are back !!!!!!!!!!
----
Nothing is real

Hits total: 6130 | This month: 12