Metal Storm logo
Sarcofago

18.05.2006 - 12:22
^Necrolust^
I guess the Brazilian black/thrashers deserve a new thread too.So what do you think about them? My favourite album is I.N.R.I.I like their raw and agressive sound. But lately I realised I'm in love with Hate too,even if it's different than INRI.
----
Sin my soul,blesses with fire....
18.05.2006 - 12:35
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I.N.R.I.

All the songs are amazing ones on that album! Actually, the first few songs of Sarcofago I had heard were in fact from Hate. I had taken a liking to that album too. But I.N.R.I will always remain their best for me atleast.
They were a highly influential band, and I think one of the first few BM bands to wear corpsepaint.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
18.05.2006 - 18:46
LethargyMan
I only have I.N.R.I and The Laws of Scourge, but I intend on listening to more of them. I've probably listened to the latter album more though.

I also like reading the old interviews with Sarcofago, in which they're forced to answer a question about Sepultura (since the lead of Sarco used to be the lead in Sep) - it seems there was quite the rivalry between the two.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
18.05.2006 - 19:42
Varoth
Account deleted
One of my favourite bands
I.N.R.I is a real masterpiece. They have a very special sound, and I love the aggressiveness in it (I know there are more bands who sound like them, by IMO they set that whole sound). Their later works, which were more thrashy, are really good too. You can hear some of Sarcofago's sound in Sepultura's Morbid Visions too (probably because Wagner Antichrist used to be there). I love everything I've heard by them, but nothing beats I.N.R.I for me. Every song there is perfect.
19.05.2006 - 02:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
They are amazing, dunno but thay are like Possessed in USA, bouth bands has realised some albums and demos, thay was popular in same time, stop playing in same time and music was simmilar, well one are from USA, other from Brazil and bout play thrash/death/speed metal
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.05.2006 - 09:14
X-pert74
Account deleted
Sarcofago kicks ass I only have Rotting and Hate, but both albums are great, with my favorite being the latter. I've tried to get I.N.R.I. on Ebay a few times, but each time I tried I got outbid I hope I can own that album someday...
20.05.2006 - 20:10
^Necrolust^
Written by [user id=854] on 19.05.2006 at 09:14

Sarcofago kicks ass I only have Rotting and Hate, but both albums are great, with my favorite being the latter. I've tried to get I.N.R.I. on Ebay a few times, but each time I tried I got outbid I hope I can own that album someday...

You can get it from cogumelo records
----
22.05.2006 - 09:10
X-pert74
Account deleted
Thankee I will go order it once I get some more money :p
23.05.2006 - 23:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this is Sarcofago tread, but someone of you all had hear Holocausto Brazilian band, I had read yhay play similar and there are some coection whit those bands

How sounds Holocausto?
----

24.05.2006 - 00:15
^Necrolust^
They sound a little similar to Sarcofago,but if you want a band really similar to Sarcofago try Sextrash.
----
24.05.2006 - 03:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ^Necrolust^ on 24.05.2006 at 00:15

They sound a little similar to Sarcofago,but if you want a band really similar to Sarcofago try Sextrash.

I know thay are simmilar and bouth from Brazil, and Sarcofagoa nd Holocausto and 2 bands has realised one splith album
BTW Possessed are similar how Sarcofago too
Same time, same style, but Possessed locks mre metal band how panks
----

24.05.2006 - 07:18
Varoth
Account deleted
@K7, ^Necrolust^: Maybe adding Vulcano to that list would be appropriate as well
24.05.2006 - 08:27
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I thought Mystifier sound like Sarcofago too.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
24.05.2006 - 13:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=2416] on 24.05.2006 at 07:18

@K7, ^Necrolust^: Maybe adding Vulcano to that list would be appropriate as well

Vulcano never had hear it, thay are from Brazil
----

24.05.2006 - 17:44
^Necrolust^
Yeah,they are from Brazil.
----
24.05.2006 - 19:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ^Necrolust^ on 24.05.2006 at 17:44

Where can I getr mp3 or something, Thay had links?
I acn not open MA today so I can not find about them
----

25.05.2006 - 15:07
^Necrolust^
Written by Bad English on 24.05.2006 at 19:32

I can upload mp3s for you.
----
25.05.2006 - 15:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ^Necrolust^ on 25.05.2006 at 15:07

Written by Bad English on 24.05.2006 at 19:32

I can upload mp3s for you.

Yo can, I be glad if you do it.

But how can you uploud and how I get them
----

09.06.2006 - 09:17
TheKreator
Account deleted
hmm, i've found about Sarcofago here, on MS, and i must say...after i listened to the, i was quite impressed....quality black metal...nice thrashy influences...i have I.N.R.I. which indeed is great, and Decade of Decay some sort of "Best Of"
13.06.2006 - 10:08
Lord Exetheris
Account deleted
Old and really great band indeed! I.N.R.I. is a real masterpiece!
Nowadays their style is highly imitated :]
13.06.2006 - 10:19
Deathrash
Account deleted
Well as you could probably guess I am quite a big fan of the band - I hear they are practising again for some more gigs.
13.06.2006 - 15:37
ironmaiden_1
Account deleted
INRI kicks ass. Satanas is one brutal fucking song..Sarcofago aren't mentioned enough in the Thrash scene
27.08.2006 - 06:25
LethargyMan
I picked up their Hate album a good while ago - I busted out laughing at one point because the way they did the drum programming was so hilariously bad and extraordinarily cheezy.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
27.08.2006 - 08:18
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Yeah , i love them ... just for INRI , cant belive they release this album @ 1987 ... seriously pioneers of this kinda genre.The album 'Rotting' is also good.
27.08.2006 - 13:27
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i really like this band but have never actually got their cds. just mp3s. great stuff anyway.

also worth checking out anal vomit. sarcofago worship but ultra-fast most of the time.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
23.12.2006 - 08:21
Priest Of Hex
Account deleted
Sarcofago kick ass, seriously. They sound absolutely feral and I love it.
24.12.2006 - 11:50
SludgyBlack
Account deleted
Certainly one of the better thrash bands to come out of South America if not the best. I own all of their albums but The Worst.
INRI was one of the first metal albums I bought with my own money so it will always have a special place.
06.09.2008 - 09:17
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
wow.. so there is a Sarcofago's topic.. i could'n find because i wrote ''Sarcófago'' on the search.
Why this band doesnt have any profile (not even a hide profile) on MS?? They sure deserve a space here..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
09.07.2010 - 22:16
vezzy
Stallmanite
I.N.R.I. is classic. Sarcofago are actually responsible to some degree for the visual interpretation and sound of black metal, but aren't really recognized nowadays.

That and Hate's title track is so addicting, despite being a mediocre song technically.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
10.07.2010 - 16:13
worship_non
Account deleted
Nightmare (from INRI) is one of the best metal songs I have heard, fucking brilliant.