Metal Storm logo
Lordi!

21.05.2006 - 01:47
Ernis
狼獾
This has been done now. The temperature of minus 300 degrees has been finally achieved and the Hell has frozen.....for a while at least....the thing that everyone thought to be impossible is fulfilled.....Finland won the Eurosong competition....thanks to a band that enchanted our hearts with their lovely rough attitude and merry and powerful music....

Lordi, we should all thank them that they have been so good, that they have dared to make history, that they have dared to stay themselves and I really hope they shall always be as they have always been....full of positive energy and kindness.....

Let us open this thread in honour of their great victory which is also a great for their country.....

PRAISE THEM!!!!

HONOUR THEM!!!!

For you are worth it, Lordi!
May your dark and merciless light always lead our lives towards victories and bring us hope and good luck......
21.05.2006 - 02:00
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
well although i dont really like this band musicwise,
i like their image very much, and their show on the eurovision songcontest was simply awesome
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
21.05.2006 - 08:55
Lupas
Maximus
I'm not a big fan to thier music but the performance they have in Eurovision was amazing.
When last thursday, they win in the semi final, everyone here in my counrty wants to know them . My friends ask me several qeustions about them and what type of music do they play. Consider that most of my friends are sick minded with pop and disco music. These days all are talking about them. This type of music is not so important here in malta but we manged to give them 7pts which in my opnion is good.

Finally i would like to thank the band for their success and keep on rockin the whole world
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
21.05.2006 - 09:56
Hooded
Account deleted
I'm proud to say that i contributed to those seven points given from malta
\m/ well done lordi \m/
21.05.2006 - 11:07
deathmor
Account deleted
Lordi brought Metal/Hard-Rock to Eurovision ! It is a great victory of the metal/hard-rock community about the pop and softy community,
21.05.2006 - 13:25
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Yes they've done it and they scored amazing 292 points broke the old eurovision song contest point record by 32 points

and also largest victory margin ever 44 points
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
21.05.2006 - 14:30
Mev
I liked the show. Even if their music is average, they were far beyond anything else in the contest.

They had to win.

Next year, I want Meshuggah to enter
----
Simon
21.05.2006 - 15:28
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
To watch Lordi's semi-final performance on the Eurosvision Song Contest, go to this location. Their May 20th performace is expected to be online soon
----
Your favorite band sucks.
21.05.2006 - 15:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
This just prooves that everyone is fed up with the normal crappy Eurovision music. At least I hope it does.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.05.2006 - 15:42
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
congratulations to LORDI best eurosong winner ever
great song was
they rocked
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
21.05.2006 - 15:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
@Eddiegunner, we posted in the same minute. LOL.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.05.2006 - 17:25
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
40th time Finland was in and now we won. I just wanna see the faces of those, who thought Lordi was the wrong decision from Finland. Thanks to everyone who voted for Finland! I don´t really like Lordi´s music, but they were far better than any of those other songs.
----
You'll never walk alone.
21.05.2006 - 17:47
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Finally some decent music in that contest. Proud to be a part of the 12 points from Denmark!!
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.05.2006 - 18:45
Baz Anderson
Staff
yes - it was good seeing us in the UK give them a nice big 12 as well
i really wanted them to win - i thought they would for some reason

i have known them for quite a while
i like them quite a bit, but i have never taken the time to buy anything or anything
maybe i will soon. who knows
21.05.2006 - 22:04
adorina
Account deleted
It is great that after all these years a good song finally won. Maybe Eurovision is getting better by having such a variety of artists from blonde lovesick puppies to Hard Rock zombies. Anyway, Lordi deserved to win and I´m extremely glad they did.
22.05.2006 - 12:22
MetalGoddess
that was a big unexpected surprise Lordi are okay ... don't like their music so much ... but they are far better than all the others from Eurovision (Especially than THE GUY WITH NO BALLS... who made my country ashamed )
----
You can't keep this fast car out of the race \m/
22.05.2006 - 15:54
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Lordi - Eurovision Song Contest Single Released; Video Of Winning Performance Available :

Drakkar Records have issued Finnish monster rockers Lordi's new single - 'Hard Rock Hallelujah' - the track that won the annual Eurovision Song Contest at this year's final installment of the event in Athens, Greece this past weekend (May 20th). The track will be available in two formats: DualDisc and CD Single featuring 'Eurovicious' (Radio Edit) and 'Supermonstar - The Anthem Of The Phantoms'.

Lordi's performance of their song 'Hard Rock Hallelujah' racked up 292 points as voted by the viewers, 44 points ahead of second place Russian entry, Dima Bilan. To watch Lordi's performance go to this location. The Saturday showdown was broadcast live in 38 countries to a TV audience estimated at 100 million.

(Source : http://www.drakkar.de)
----
22.05.2006 - 20:49
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Lordi had a press conference in Finnish today and first it was announced that it would be shown live on tv, but later on Lordi didn´t want to let any cameras in there. I´m pretty sure he had the mask on, but he said that he would only talk, if he was allowed to sit back towards the audience. Strange, but it´s Lordi...
----
You'll never walk alone.
23.05.2006 - 01:09
Deus Ex Machina
The eurovision song contest doesn't mean much to me because there was never ever EVER a song on there that i liked.Mostly it's just a competition in pointless songs and a majority of women performers that pretty much all look the same,and males that look gay and can't sing shit.
However,i think Lordi winning is quite good.I didn't watch the contest cause i was out but i watched the semi-finals and their song was the only one that was memorable,and not only for their looks but because the song is pretty cool and stood out from the rest of the crap on there.
I don't know much about the band.I've only heard of them but didn't hear a single song before this eurovision thing.The song is,i think real eurovision material-fast and catchy.I even like the video,it's pretty decent.I actually saw it 2 times today so i haven't been able to get it out of my head and yes....i shouted Hard...Rock...HALLELUYAH a couple of times in public today.A friend that was with me then probably wishd she didn't know me And btw her mother voted for Lordi and is going to buy the CD So you see,Lordi are even gaining the 40+ crowd.
To conclude-even if it's obviously not the stuff i listen to.I think it's great that they won,and it's obvious that their song was by far the best in the whole contest to anyone who has ears.
23.05.2006 - 11:24
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
The question now is - what will the contest be like next year ?
Will everyone enter a metal band ?
Or was that the metal moment of glory ?
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
23.05.2006 - 12:59
Hooded
Account deleted
It would be really lame if a group with masks and lordi-stuff enter the eurovision next year. To win the eurovision, one needs to be original over the other songs. Lordi just gave proof of originality and apart from rockers, many people voted for their unique performance. Next year, we will probably see alot of countries experimenting in styles though not definetly entering with metal bands.
23.05.2006 - 13:03
AntaeusM
Elite
Lordi original? Didn't you notice their image is a complete Gwar-rippoff? :
23.05.2006 - 13:28
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Maybe you have noticed some newspapers have printed a picture of what they claim to be Lordi without masks...

The following message has been posted at Children Of Bodom's official website:

"Various newspapers (namely at least The Sun (UK), Daily Mail (UK) and Expressen (SE)) have today misused a Children Of Bodom photo on their articles on the Finnish Eurovision Song Contest winner Lordi. These articles claim to have an unmasked photo of the members of Lordi, a band known to perform in their unique monster outfits.

However, these newspapers have somehow mistaken an ancient Children Of Bodom photo - which features the ex-keyboardist of Lordi, Enary, who was replacing the Children Of Bodom keyboardist Janne Warman on their first European tour back in 1998 - for a photo of Lordi. We would like to make it clear that the persons on the image below, excluding ex-Lordi Enary on the left, are all current and former members of Children Of Bodom and have absolutely nothing to do with Lordi or their performance in the Eurovision Song Contest."

(Source : http://www.cobhc.com)

Idiots
----
23.05.2006 - 20:25
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Thryce on 23.05.2006 at 13:28

Maybe you have noticed some newspapers have printed a picture of what they claim to be Lordi without masks...

The following message has been posted at Children Of Bodom's official website:

"Various newspapers (namely at least The Sun (UK), Daily Mail (UK) and Expressen (SE)) have today misused a Children Of Bodom photo on their articles on the Finnish Eurovision Song Contest winner Lordi. These articles claim to have an unmasked photo of the members of Lordi, a band known to perform in their unique monster outfits.

However, these newspapers have somehow mistaken an ancient Children Of Bodom photo - which features the ex-keyboardist of Lordi, Enary, who was replacing the Children Of Bodom keyboardist Janne Warman on their first European tour back in 1998 - for a photo of Lordi. We would like to make it clear that the persons on the image below, excluding ex-Lordi Enary on the left, are all current and former members of Children Of Bodom and have absolutely nothing to do with Lordi or their performance in the Eurovision Song Contest."

(Source : http://www.cobhc.com)

Idiots

That is typical of UK newspapers - they never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
One Finnish group is as good as any other to them.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
23.05.2006 - 20:29
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Ridiculous! I don´t even get the whole idea of wanting to know how Lordi looks. If some paper reveals how he actually looks like, than what? People are like "Ok, so he´s an ordinary man". And even if the picture was released, only some people in his hometown Rovaniemi would know who he really is. All he wants is some privacy, is that too much to be asked from the idiot reporters around the world.

I´m really worried about what kind of pictures Finland is going to put to the inserts shown before every country´s performance next year, when the ESC is held here. Santa Claus? Reindeer? Mosquito killing World Cup?
----
You'll never walk alone.
23.05.2006 - 22:19
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@ Nervel
LOL
i didn't noticed

well is there any photo of LORDI members without those Masks ? ??
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
24.05.2006 - 10:12
Falcon
That is indeed so immensly ridiculous. It was in all the Belgian newspapers too and I thought only the Belgians paper could be that stupid, but I forgot they might had their inspiration from the (fucking) UK boulevard press, of course! I didn't immediately knew witch band it was, but I constantly had the strange feeling I've seen thhat guys before somewhere, and I think the picture too. Ghaha, of course it's bloody CoB! But I'm not súch a fan of Bodom, which may explain why I didn't immediately recognize them as being them
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
24.05.2006 - 10:12
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by EddieGunner on 23.05.2006 at 22:19

[...]
well is there any photo of LORDI members without those Masks ? ??

No there isn't... (so far)

Although (according to Wikipedia), on March 15, 2006, the Finnish tabloid Ilta-Sanomat published a photograph of Tomi Putaansuu (Mr. Lordi) in civilian clothing, with his face partially showing. Lordi has called this an insult towards them and an attempt to destroy the "monster image" they have worked for ten years to create...

In public, Lordi always appear with their masks on!

EDIT :
@ MetalFalcon : I had the same thing, I thought I knew these guys from somewhere else... And after I read the message on the COB-site, I knew for sure
----
24.05.2006 - 10:23
Falcon
I read they've even swum with those masks! And how about their flight home in the plane and so on...? It's almost incredible they always wear their masks! The more when you know it takes houres to make them
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
24.05.2006 - 13:32
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Thryce Yes there was a picture in Iltasanomat. Mr. Putaansuu was taking his dog Mörkö out for a walk and then someone took a picture. He was wearing sunglasses and he had hood pulled over his head, so not much of a revealing picture... Then someone drew a picture of how he might actually look behind all those masks and people actually believed that was how he looked. Pathetic!

@ MetalFalcon There have been pictures in Finnish papers from Lordi members without their masks on, but they all have had some kind of Donald Duck-masks on, so that nobody can see their faces. It takes three hours from Mr. Putaansuu to make his mask, so it certainly has been like a hell to wear those masks for two weeks now. And people all over the world are so interested in them that they´re gonna have to wear them even longer soon.
----
You'll never walk alone.