Metal Storm logo
Euro 2012

Original post

Posted by Angelic Storm, 09.06.2012 - 16:35
I seen that there is a football thread, but felt that a big tournament like Euro 2012 deserved it's own thread. So here it is!

I was really impressed by the Russians. The Czech Republic are no slouches, but Russia just seemed to have too much for them to cope with. They should definitely top their group. The Poland v Greece match was very exciting, even though controversy played a large part in that. I dunno what the referee was thinking, as both of the yellow cards which led to Papastathopoulos' sending off weren't even fouls, let alone yellow cards! The Greeks showed such spirit in the 2nd half to come back with 10 men, and I felt they deserved to win it, shame they only got a draw...

Can't wait for the 2 games today, they should both be great!
17.06.2012 - 22:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.06.2012 at 21:32

Written by [user id=1843] on 17.06.2012 at 13:48
Russia were poor, Arshavin did say they could randomly beat anyone an lose to anyone. Poland out, thats one bet down. Czechs consistantly a great tournament team. Greeces managed to win it in 2004 through defensive set piece play an still have most of that team.

Group of death today : Been greedy an been watching mostly from work on free-football.org, a site i cant recommend highly enough. Has lots with sopcast but even more embedded so you dont need to install any software to watch. Expecting goals but that means there'll two 0-0 draws.

Yep, Russia seem like a team that on their day, can beat anyone. But they can just as easily lose too. The Czech's have been very consistent in tournaments, and everyone was saying this was a weaker Czech team than the one with Poborsky, Koller, etc. But they're still doing pretty good! It's inconcievable really, that Greece could repeat what they did in 2004, but after last night's shock result, who knows!

The group of death will be starting it's last two games soon... just heard that Arjen Robben has said that there's too many egos in the Dutch team... now there's a surprise! lol I'm watching the game on ITV.com, so it's Holland vs Portugal for me. I really hope that the Dutch win! Ideally, the Danes and Germany will go through, but I'd also be happy for the Dutch to go through at the expense of Portugal.

Marcel says Rus is best so far hahahhahahhaha better how other teams in EC
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.06.2012 - 22:42
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Netherlands 1 Portugal 1 at half time...

The first ten-fifteen minutes, the Dutch were great, and finally seemed to playing as a team, instead of for themselves individually. And Van Der Vaart scored a great goal. For the last 20 minutes of the half though, Portugal were totally dominant, and the Dutch were lucky not to concede more than one goal. Ronaldo is an arrogant so-and-so, but he has played very well so far. There still hasn't been a dull game in this tournament yet! And that also appears to be the case in the other game, as Germany and Denmark are also 1-1. A tense second half to come, c'mon the Dutch! xD

@Bad English: Hehee...
17.06.2012 - 22:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.06.2012 at 22:42

Ronaldo is an arrogant so-and-so, but he has played very well so far.

If he hadn't played for himself thus far Portugal would be 4-1 ahead in this match.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.06.2012 - 22:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Willems, damn, that should have been red instead of yellow.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.06.2012 - 23:42
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Gah... Portugal 2 Netherlands 1!

There were 2 or 3 really bad decisions that went against the Dutch in the 2nd half, (mainly due to Portugal players diving) and the ref missed a Portuguese player kicking Schneider (aka Tim "Ripper" Owens ) in the ribs off the ball, but over the piece, I don't think the Dutch did enough to deserve going through. Portugal were the better side, and like Marcel said, if Ronaldo hadn't been so greedy, Portugal could have been out of sight a lot earlier. The Dutch were disappointing, especially with all the talented players they have... And to make matters worse, Denmark are also out. Ah well...

So the first 2 quarter finals are:

Portugal vs Czech Republic
Germany vs Greece

Should be another two great games in store hopefully. xD
17.06.2012 - 23:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.06.2012 at 23:42

Gah... Portugal 2 Netherlands 1!

There were 2 or 3 really bad decisions that went against the Dutch in the 2nd half, (mainly due to Portugal players diving) and the ref missed a Portuguese player kicking Schneider (aka Tim "Ripper" Owens ) in the ribs off the ball, but over the piece, I don't think the Dutch did enough to deserve going through. Portugal were the better side, and like Marcel said, if Ronaldo hadn't been so greedy, Portugal could have been out of sight a lot earlier. The Dutch were disappointing, especially with all the talented players they have... And to make matters worse, Denmark are also out. Ah well...

So the first 2 quarter finals are:

Portugal vs Czech Republic
Germany vs Greece

Should be another two great games in store hopefully. xD

Bad decisions against us? Willems should have been sent off and not just given a yellow card.

And talented players don't make a team. Problem is that the so-called talented players are scattered all over Europe and never play together and only play for their own ego.

Just before the EC started they asked Sneijder about the upcoming championship and he said "I hope I play a good tournament" wtf? he should have said'" I hope we as a team play a good toournament"
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.06.2012 - 23:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Groop B
Lviv
Denmark 1-2 Germany
Michael Krohn-Dehli 24 Lukas Podolski 19
Lars bender 80

I was watching this game, no i net I did not know result till comentators said(In mean in Ned vs Por game)
Good game, Den had chance 1th half till some minutes in secend, but slowly thay lost speed, fuel , thay shood not lost to Por and thay could beet Cz in quarters.
This is dispaointment because Den is not bad, good team, for such football level what is there if we comnpare whit Por, Es, It and so on, much better performance how in last WC, its pitty

Portugal 2-1 Nederlands
Cristiano Ronaldo 28, 74 Rafael van der Vaart 11

I didnt not watch it so dunno, but maybe Ned lost because somebody says greece play anti football, same do italy and attacking football is good hehe,
Worts think what can hepen, most hated player who shood go and organise pop concerts score 2 goals ehhhhhhh anoying

Standings
Germany 9 Points
Portugal 6

Denmark 3
Nederlands 0
----

17.06.2012 - 23:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
1th quarter final pairs known

Germany vs Greece (4-0 my prognoses)
I dont see a way hwo Gre can win this, besides it was luck and miricle thay even qual to quarters, but now I think Ger will march and us blizzkrieg tacktics and
get 3-0 and lil stop than in secend get easy 4th goal and game is done, no waste enegry
Crazy can bet and get rich on Greece I wont, Ger is way to good, its not France who sucked after 2000(and still does) so Ger is one of finalists and maybe winners

Portugal vs Czech Rep (my prognoses 2-1)

Cz did not show good game at all, 1th wa shorible, secend and last was agans same level teams + performance was not good, so I say Por will win 2-1 , cz will play good in defende, Por will open gates and get 2 goals, Cz get one beck in late minutes so
----

18.06.2012 - 00:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.06.2012 at 23:49
Bad decisions against us? Willems should have been sent off and not just given a yellow card.

And talented players don't make a team. Problem is that the so-called talented players are scattered all over Europe and never play together and only play for their own ego.

Just before the EC started they asked Sneijder about the upcoming championship and he said "I hope I play a good tournament" wtf? he should have said'" I hope we as a team play a good toournament"

Yep. There were several times that fouls were given against the Dutch that clearly weren't fouls, and a couple were given for Portuguese dives. As for Willems... well, I remember one of the recent world cups were the refs were told to clamp down on challenges from behind. If it had been in that world cup, Willems would have been sent off. Me... I dont think he could have had too many complaints if he had been sent off, but it wasn't a stonewall red. Schneider was kicked in the ribs off the ball, which didn't even result in a yellow card (though I don't think the ref saw it), so I guess it evened itself out in the end.

Well, since Euro '92, there's been a lot of infighting and problems with ego within various Dutch teams over the years, and they never seem to learn from their mistakes. I think if it weren't for that, they could probably have won at least one major tournament in the last 20 years. For a long time now, they've been a team with huge talent that has failed to deliver anything significant, which is a shame.
18.06.2012 - 01:49
Snake? Snaaaake!
Account deleted
Robben and Van Persie let the dutch down massively throughout the entire group stages.
18.06.2012 - 01:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
LOL

----

18.06.2012 - 12:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
We won and qualified with two goals from Ronaldo, could it have been any better?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
18.06.2012 - 15:34
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by BloodTears on 18.06.2012 at 12:52

We won and qualified with two goals from Ronaldo, could it have been any better?

Yes you could have lost and had Denmark go through
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
18.06.2012 - 15:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
^ This
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.06.2012 - 16:04
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Spirit Molecule on 18.06.2012 at 15:34
Yes you could have lost and had Denmark go through

Thank you. You said exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn't.
18.06.2012 - 16:15
Baz Anderson
Staff
Yep, I wanted Portugal out too.
18.06.2012 - 16:16
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.06.2012 at 16:04

Thank you. You said exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn't.

Haha I should be The Elephant, I just say what everyone is thinking, but are too afraid to say it
That would be my super power
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
18.06.2012 - 16:38
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Spirit Molecule on 18.06.2012 at 16:16
Haha I should be The Elephant, I just say what everyone is thinking, but are too afraid to say it
That would be my super power

Yep, I didn't want to appear as a meanie.

Hehe, I'm still trying work out what my super power is...
18.06.2012 - 17:56
kesh
Account deleted

Guy in the wheelchair
18.06.2012 - 17:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=115335] on 18.06.2012 at 01:49

Robben and Van Persie let the dutch down massively throughout the entire group stages.

Same for Van Bommel, Van Der Wiel, Huntelaar, Stekelenburg (during the first two matches), Heitinga, actually every player except for Sneijder.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.06.2012 - 18:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by BloodTears on 18.06.2012 at 12:52

Yes you could have won with bigger difference if Ronaldo had NOT played. He might have scored two times but squandered loads of chances when he went for his own glory whil;e there were others in front of a clear goal.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.06.2012 - 20:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I herad there is rising comflick in dutch team ..... well probobly players care about money and status and star possesion more how playing,.
----

19.06.2012 - 03:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Croatia 0-1 Spain
Jesus Navas 88

I get impresion Spain is afraid of win and Croatia is afraid of attacking, and Spain was better, even secret and safty tacktics every where but Spain was better
Cro just could swallow this fish and BTW Navas goal wasnt it ofside?

Italy 2-0 Ireland
Antonio Cassano 35
Mario Balotelli 90

Italy plays whit a firelike in Portugal when only in 90 +4 (wa sit casano= thay get winning goal aganst Italy, but I dont remeber if tahyw ould win 5-0 Swe and Den 2-2 wont count same this time 2-2 or higher didnt helped, but thay didnt help them selfs, in such game you need score 4-6 goals to hope get true and 1-0 because 2-0 who knows next time run out of time

Spain 7
Italy 5

Croatia 4
Ireland 0

BTW Germany is only team who can get get points non can get 9 points
----

19.06.2012 - 11:36
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 19.06.2012 at 03:03
and BTW Navas goal wasnt it ofside?

That one's tricky, but I think it was. The ball was played through to Iniesta who wasn't offside, so if he had scored himself, it wouldn't have been offside. Navas however, had used his offside position to gain an advantage during the same phase of play ( I can't see how it can judged as being a different phase of play), so the moment Iniesta passed to Navas, it was offside, as Navas had used his previous offside position to gain an unfair advantage.

I think Spain were very lucky yesterday, and definitely rode their luck a bit. Shortly before Navas scored, Croatia should definitely have had a penalty when Busquets dragged down Corluka in the box. Spain were slightly the better side, but certainly were nowhere near as dominant as they were against the Irish. They can count themselves lucky to still be in the tournament. I don't think England or France (or even Ukraine) will have anything to fear if they watched that performance.

As for tonight's game... well, I think France are a certainty to go through. Sweden at their best could easily cause an upset, but with them already being out, their heart probably won't be totally in the game. And France certainly showed their class against Ukraine. I think we are narrow favourites against the Ukraine, but I certainly don't see them as being the pushovers that most of our pundits seem to be suggesting. Ukraine could easily win if they feed off the crowd, and England are not switched on at all times...
19.06.2012 - 11:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.06.2012 at 11:36

and BTW Navas goal wasnt it ofside?

That one's tricky, but I think it was. The ball was played through to Iniesta who wasn't offside, so if he had scored himself, it wouldn't have been offside. Navas however, had used his offside position to gain an advantage during the same phase of play ( I can't see how it can judged as being a different phase of play), so the moment Iniesta passed to Navas, it was offside, as Navas had used his previous offside position to gain an unfair advantage.

TV was not ricxh whit replays and tV comentaors was also saying offside, but thay said thay need see replay and than ... game is over
----

19.06.2012 - 11:44
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite

And this in the group previously announced as the "group of death". Which means the underdogs are going to be the actual threat. I'm not as optimistic as you about the match versus Greece.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
19.06.2012 - 11:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 19.06.2012 at 11:44

And this in the group previously announced as the "group of death". Which means the underdogs are going to be the actual threat. I'm not as optimistic as you about the match versus Greece.

IMO UEFA wana Ger vs Espana in final and Greece ha sno chance aganst Gerv same wont Marcels lover Russia , get out of groop A is easy but stop Panzer Divsin Germania from martching to Kiev, you need a lot of panzerfausts , and Greece has non , and Löw is good coach he can cool of players and Ger ha sno such fuck upo situation how Ned has inside conflict so IO bewlive it will be easy
----

19.06.2012 - 11:50
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Bad English on 19.06.2012 at 11:48

stop Panzer Divsin Germania from martching to Kiev, you need a lot of panzerfausts , and Greece has non

They might not have the panzerfausts, but they definitely got Germany's money
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
19.06.2012 - 11:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 19.06.2012 at 11:50

Written by Bad English on 19.06.2012 at 11:48

stop Panzer Divsin Germania from martching to Kiev, you need a lot of panzerfausts , and Greece has non

They might not have the panzerfausts, but they definitely got Germany's money

----

19.06.2012 - 11:56
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I think Greece absolutely have a chance against Germany. The Danes put Germany through the grinder before they finally made it through, and after the Greek's houdini act of getting out from Group A after that horrendous sending off decision, and losing to the Czech's in the 2nd game, I certainly wouldn't be counting them out! 2004 proved that anything is possible, and every team in the last 8 has a chance of winning the tournament. Germany are absolutley the favourites though, no doubt about it! On paper, the Germans should definitely win it, but then again, nobody (including me!) gave Greece a hope of upsetting the much fancied Russians (and not just by Marcel either... ) but they did, so anything can happen!