Metal Storm logo
Favorite music genre outside metal

Original post

Posted by tulkas, 05.03.2007 - 04:41
It's obvious in this web page we are brought toghether by one music genre, but what about the rest?
I wanted to know which are your other favorite musical genres out side metal (if you have any), and if you may want to comment why.
I didn't create a poll so it could be more open, besides I wouldn't be able to fill all the possible genres, so...
Ok, so, just feel free to discuss this and tell what you think
05.04.2009 - 14:12
smcl369
Erm mine would have to be.....Trance or else Rock (Indie or Punk)
11.04.2009 - 19:25
aya
I don't care about genres(just I listen to good music)
But I like trip-hop and J-rock in particular.
24.05.2009 - 17:31
I like indie rock and alternative rock........sometimes I listen to techno..
28.05.2009 - 21:51
Thought.
A Dying God
PUNK! If ever there was a better aggresive outlet for fury and rage than metal or hardcore, its punk rock! The Exploited, GBH, DRI, The Adicts. I love punk.
----
There is no God but the one that dies with me. I have no life but the one I take with me to the grave. We come into this world alone. And we will die on our own. I live. I die. Ain Elohim.
31.05.2009 - 18:40
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
I like reggae and soul, and a bit of indie...some indie bands are terrible but bands like Muse or Radiohead are good. I love Tegan and Sara as well, they are so cute, and their music is very unique
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
01.06.2009 - 20:15
TheOwl
Ok After metal comes Hard & Progressive Rock..... I love ethnic music, especially from Latin American countries and mostly from CUBA! I like some reggae and everything related to DEAD CAN DANCE. Also I love many film/movie soundtracks, many Blues artists.... Finally I like to listen to soul and R&B when I am having sex (but not always though...)
I am generally open minded when it comes to other styles of music but METAL will always be on top
10.06.2009 - 17:44
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
EBM, Industrial, Psychedelic, Minimal, Techno, Reggae
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
19.06.2009 - 02:19
Bobby_Loggins
Account deleted
I love Psychadelic rock or anything from the 60s/70's. Anything thats not Metal in my cd collection is likely something folk/rock from this era! The Grateful Dead hold a special place in my heart, currently own 30+ albums from their back catalogue. My second love in life next to Heavy Metal!
19.06.2009 - 02:33
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Late 60s and 70s blues rock bands: Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Aerosmith, Bob Seger, Blue Cheer, Cream...
And punk: stuff like thw Ramones, Sex Pistols, Misfits, Clash, Rancid, Exploited...
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
01.07.2009 - 18:21
metalhead3
Rock,some punk,electric ambient music like kraftwerk,some classical
01.07.2009 - 18:37
cmusiclives
Account deleted
Jazz
11.07.2009 - 02:14
Evilquince
Rock (hard and indie), darkwave, ebm, trance...some good folk
----
Some suffer to the point when they grow numb.
Others are so numb they deserve to suffer.
11.07.2009 - 19:03
Abattoir
Staff
Well I listen sometimes also to some house/trance music (mostly well-known commercial staff, but only the good sounding one ). Than I give some minutes of course to ex-yugo songs and also to my first ever genre, which I have started to listen before metal...punk-rock staff (NOFX, Lagwagon, The Offspring...). That would be it.
07.08.2009 - 19:32
ArizhelKaltak
Account deleted
Techno/Ambient/Trance
Instrumental (movie scores & video game music)
Hard rock

But I like most stuff, except for rap and country.
08.08.2009 - 04:49
Ereinion
Account deleted
Outside of metal my heat beats for progressive rock (King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Marillion).... and all the other classical rock bands (Led Zeppelin, The Doors)....
08.08.2009 - 09:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am currently quite into folk - either to our local or especially to celtic-like music
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

21.08.2009 - 21:36
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Written by [user id=19866] on 08.08.2009 at 04:49

Outside of metal my heat beats for progressive rock (King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Marillion).... and all the other classical rock bands (Led Zeppelin, The Doors)....

Same here, but I'm also definitely into jazz too.
23.08.2009 - 02:35
Vent
I love anything involving unusual cellos. Like Rasputina, Julie Kent, Zoe Keating, Jorane, (insert the obvious here, although they are border-line metal I think.) Of course, anything that has a drone and sounds like it is trying to suck your mind out and sent it into space is great.
17.10.2009 - 18:24
GuitarVillian
Progressive Goa Trance.
07.12.2009 - 15:50
Andresopeth
I like classic rock bands like Led Zeppelin and Ac/Dc, and Grunge Nirvana, Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam
08.12.2009 - 05:35
Zuzuz0r
I guess it could be Post-Rock, some Progressive Rock bands(mainly bands like Pink Floyd, King Crimson and Porcupine Tree), Shoegaze, Post-Punk, some Dark Ambient artists, Videogame OST's, Neo-Folk(mainly bands like Nest, Tenhi, Neun Welten), etc... I guess those are the non-metal genres I enjoy the most.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
18.03.2010 - 05:14
Got Mayhem?
It's gotta be the blues. Followed by prog/classic rock, classical, and other weird avant-garde stuff.
----
18.03.2010 - 10:53
Hylia
Classical and ambient. I cant name specific artists because I usually listen to it on the radio, and rogers. But I usually go to sleep with ambient music. I also like some celtic music.
19.03.2010 - 00:42
whatsacow
I'm masssively into dark ambient and indie. also folk, blues, and jazz.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
19.03.2010 - 22:17
Don Martin
le fu-
Man, I like so much music I can't even fathom it I like Blues (Canned Heat, Hound Dog Taylor), Progressive Rock (Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Yes), Rock (Arctic Monkeys), Psychidelic shit (Wooden Shjips, ...) Hippie music (Woodstock!) sometimes a little Drum And Bass, ...
----
What a tackastrophe!
19.03.2010 - 22:35
Urs Blank
Progressive Rock (actually the biggest part of my cd collection) and Jazz for the most part, and classical music in a lesser extent.
24.03.2010 - 14:37
SerratedSyringe
I love Industrial/Aggrotech/Hellektro music. I also like some oldies stuff like Creedence Clearwater Revival, Ray Charles, etc.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
25.03.2010 - 12:50
Alphafemale
Ambiental, neo-folk, ethno, soundtracks...
----
'Proud forest rises towards the sky,
in awe I stand silent
Green path of life amalgamates
With my own belief'
10.04.2010 - 18:10
70s punk rock Oi!
11.04.2010 - 22:35
edoolin111
Folk and blues for sure
I like "creative" hip hop too (Aesop Rock, Brother Ali, Sage Francis)
----
I hope I'm not the only one who has headbanged myself right off the stage....