Metal Storm logo
Mayhem

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 01.11.2006 - 22:30
No official Mayhem thread? Weird.

You all know the band, no need for an introduction. Discuss all Mayhem stuff here.

First, I'd like to start off with a question. Is anyone of you familiar with their live album Live In Zeitz?
I came across it lately, and was wondering if it is good. No, I am not talking about Live In Leipzig. Live In Zeitz has Dead on vocals, so I thought it would be nice to have that one, since there is not much of Dead besides Live In Leipzig and the Morbid/Mayhem split 'A Tribute To The Black Emperors'. Thank you!
13.03.2007 - 11:57
Angelstorm
Account deleted
That interview was awesome. My favorite bit was "And we are inspired both musically and lyrically by the evil nature of the northern lands and the darkness and cold up here"

Also: "I have no spare time. All my time is dedicated to the WAR and everything concerned with it" Awesome interview!
14.03.2007 - 18:26
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
Its hard to get any Mayhem stuff where I live, but I've tryed my best and got some. Mayhem to me, is one of the most unappriciated bands. I dont know why people have an attitude towards them.
16.03.2007 - 08:12
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I was on YouTube and found a couple Mayhem video's from Wacken '04, and I've got to say that the singer suck's. It isn't the same vocalist who they used to record Chimera is it? The guy look's like a jackass, not just because of his short hair but he just seem's like a real cunt.
16.03.2007 - 10:32
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Bitter Dawn on 16.03.2007 at 08:12

I was on YouTube and found a couple Mayhem video's from Wacken '04, and I've got to say that the singer suck's. It isn't the same vocalist who they used to record Chimera is it? The guy look's like a jackass, not just because of his short hair but he just seem's like a real cunt.

Its maniac the guy that sang on Deathcrush and chimera and so on... His only good performance is on the deathcrush album all other efforts from him is embarrasing. LUckily they have Atilla on vocals now..
17.03.2007 - 01:39
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Hm, he's kind of been around for a while then. I do like Chimera though, but that live performance was just bad.. maybe because I haven't ever heard anyone but Atilla sing Freezing Moon before.
17.03.2007 - 07:33
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Quote:
Sorry for the long delay in my response.

Written by Daru Jericho on 03.03.2007 at 04:04

Written by Daru Jericho on 25.02.2007 at 04:23

Written by Darth Satanious on 24.02.2007 at 01:56

Curious that what you see as shyness I see as self-confidence. In the European Legions DVD you can see Blasphemer being reserved but the interpretation of this by me is not that he is shy about it, but more confident in an attitude of: "I don't have to answer to you" fashion. Look at how he keeps putting up that "make up" (I don't know how to call that powder stuff in English at the moment), in order to make his face look pale, without any problem of being caught in the camera. Look at how he interrupts the guy who was making the interview, when he was making one of his questions, without any hesitation. To me this is no demonstration of shyness.

Well, I haven't seen the European Legions DVD but if you check out the interview of Necrobutcher and him on the Headbanger's Journey documentary (you can find a bit of it on Youtube I believe) you will notice how he gets cut off by Necrobutcher and how he rarely looks up and sits in that anxious looking position. He does however, cut the interviewer out once but only to get the guy to repeat the question.

I looked for it at YouTube (I haven't bought the documentary yet) and I saw it. Isn't he just very drunk? lol We will have to also consider that Necrobutcher was making a scene there while being very drunk. I wonder if he was embarrassed by him to some extent. I think that you will have to see the European Legions interview in order to see what I mean better.

By the way, you said that you are being compared to Blasphemer in this that you describe as shyness, right? There are ways to display shyness and there are ways to display shyness. I think that there is a difference in how a man and a woman can get to express themselves physically. Men can get to display shyness, yes, but the way that Blasphemer does is special. Even if it is shyness, I don't display shyness that way and other men I have seen shy don't display shyness this way. It seems curious to me that your shyness, yours and Blasphemer's, are being compared since you are a woman and he is a man. I haven't seen how you express yourself physically so I cannot be certain about this so I can only guess that you, as many women, express yourself with your fragile approach, your way of moving hands and all, that comes to be characteristic of women. Thus, it seems to me that Blasphemer indeed has these mannerisms that what I see as typical women have and that are so related to homosexual behavior. That these mannerisms do not necessarily reflect his sexuality? I know that. I know that mannerisms can be acquired by other factors. I am just trying to see if the factor that makes Blasphemer to behave this way of expressing himself is his sexual orientation.

It is incredible how a single question can develop in this. lol Nevermind, I guess that what we all can do is nothing but speculate.

Ha, well, I think it's just Necrobutcher who's drunk Blasphemer looks like he wants to actually answer the questions (like before Necrobutcher cuts him out). Also, later on in the doc it shows more highlights of that interview and Blasphemer gets cut off a couple times more and when the interviewer asks Blasphemer personally if there is anything else he wants to say he says that there isn't (quite assertively though).

Well my shyness is more of an awkward looking shyness, I think. It's certainly not like that of Blasphemers. I think my friend was just drawing on the fact that we both seeemed shy, rather than our different methods of displaying it.

In the interview you posted, I got the impression that Blasphemer seemed quite modest initially and gets more comfortable as he's speaking about something he feels passionately about (hence why he almost cuts the interviewer out). I don't really see it as emphatic self-confidence. Maybe he feels more confortable because he's backstage getting ready for a show and is pumped on adrenalin? Also, notice that he doesn't really make eye contact at the beginning. In the interview with Necrobutcher he's eyes are on the ground for the most part and his hand is obscuring his face (also like in that Norwegian doc with all of Mayhem). This is actually pretty much the same sort of shyness that some guy at my primary school used to display, which is why I took it at a lack of confidence.

Damn, all this about Blasphemer's lack of confidence/sexuality....

Necrobutcher seems to be struggling to stay still in that interview and with a consistent smile on his face as if being in a trip or something; that is why I think he may be drunk. Perhaps he is just less drunk than Necrobutcher? I will try to find that documentary.

I understand.

The way Blasphemer took his time before answering the first question in the European Legions interview makes me wonder if that attitude he has can be really seen as modesty. Perhaps there are factors that made Blasphemer to feel more comfortable in this interview than in the one found in the Metal: A Headbanger's Journey one; however, if we return to the discussion that started all this, we have that in this interview he indeed seems confident and you can still see the gestures that I have been talking about. Therefore, can we still argue that Blasphemer's curious gestures are because of shyness?

Written by Himann on 05.03.2007 at 01:11

Written by Darth Satanious on 28.02.2007 at 05:05

Three against one, I'm in disadvantage here.

Written by Himann on 24.02.2007 at 21:15

Blasphemer can't be gay lol. He may be quiet and a bit odd but who among the Mayhem guys are not odd in some way or the other. Honestly after watching them live and seeing so much of them in shows I can almost definitely say that he's not gay lol. I've seen a few of his interviews and the language he uses and the image he portrays is definitely not a gay one. Its just an impression that you get cause he's shy and has a habit of pulling his beard while sitting hunched up.. Anyway I would rather consider Maniac to be gay rather than Blasphemer based on mannerisms..

I concur in your first point; in spite of Blasphemer being homosexual he is definitely not gay. I have seen live performances from Mayhem too and these physical expressions are not shown during his live performance. However, does this mean anything? The aggressiveness of this music can get to transform anyone, anyone that is into it of course. I have seen Metal musicians that are homosexuals and that go to the stage to put aggressiveness to the show. It isn't as if all homosexuals are bound to look fragile at every given time. I think there is more to his physical expressions than these you mentioned here and I can't see them as shyness at all, at least not in all the interviews I have seen featuring Blasphemer, such as in the European Legions one.

Obviously you'll be at a disadvantage in a discussion of whether Blasphemer is a homosexual or not lol. I looked at the interview you posted once more but I really dont see why you say that he is homosexual based on that lol. In the begining he is barely concentrating cause he's at work with the pre-corpse paint makeup but I've read and seen quite a few interviews with him and in each of those similar questions are asked and he always seems to enjoy answering those particular ones. As Daru Jericho mentioned I think, he starts warming up just cause of the topic. He just doesn't strike me as homosexual lol.

Anyway I think that one of the major reasons why he can't be is because he is from Mayhem. I've been a Mayhem fan for ages and I know the kind of band they are. I posted in this thread earlier abt a show which Necrobutcher turned up for. I played a bit of bass myself for this and a few of the guys even spoke to Necrobutcher a bit. He strikes me as the kind of guy who would roll around laughing if he heard that Blasphemer was homosexual lol. I think Angelstorm's point has some merit. The fact that he's from Mayhem makes it quite unlikely that he's homosexual.

Yeah, I know how some people regard homosexuals but I personally would not care at all if Blasphemer is homosexual or not, care in terms of changing my way of regarding his works. Homosexuals can kick some serious asses too, you know. I am not saying that he is homosexual because of those gestures, you know? I am just saying that he has this way of expressing himself that seems to be special and that I can relate to how some homosexuals express themselves. Both of you, Daru and you, are trying to reject the thought that he is homosexual and I am just trying to keep the possibility open. Likewise, I would easily be arguing against possible posters here that could assure that Blasphemer is homosexual out of any doubt; however, no one seems to consider that possibility here and so I am the only one defending this possibility.

Then again, if you agree with Daru here, I ask you the same thing: in spite of the reason for having Blasphemer confident or comfortable with the interview when in other interviews he may seem shy, why does he seem to keep those gestures if he is not shy in this interview?

I can't see why being in Mayhem must let out of any doubt the thought that a band member there must not be homosexual. If there was some straight anti-homosexual stuff going on there perhaps I would understand but as far as now I have not seen something clear about that. Homosexuals are people just like us and they can feel hatred, rage, aggressiveness, and beat the crap out of anyone as any other man. Maybe if you see Necrobutcher around there again you can ask him yourself if Blasphemer is homosexual or not, right? Just kidding. lol He would tell you to screw yourself or something.

Written by [user id=18410] on 09.03.2007 at 02:40

Who cares if Blasphemer is gay anyway?

Written by Judas on 09.03.2007 at 14:04

It makes no difference to any of us whether Blasphemer is gay, unless someone here wants to be his partner of course.

Written by Anathemani@c on 10.03.2007 at 15:42

And finally, anything concerning to the sexuality of band members, I think we should not think of that stuff at all. Just think about Rob Halford and rock star Freddie Mercury... Also, I dont think this is a good thread to talk about other really famous gays of pop/rock world scene...

Why can't we wonder about the personal life of a musician whose works we listen to? I wonder, when the time to make a proper biography of a musician is to come, what is meant to be written there? Should be written that "we should not intrude into a musician's personal life"? Should we write: even when there are rumors of X musician being related to drugs, to child molesting, to homosexuality, to Christianity, to Satanism, to asexuality, or whatever, we should never inquire about this so there is no answer to these rumors. Information, knowledge should always be welcomed and discussing this should not be any exception.

Moreover, I ask you: could we understand how Edgar Allan Poe came up with such works under the Gothic Literature without knowing the historical background of his life? Does the life of Edgar Allan Poe help us to interpret part of his works? Additionally, doesn't help in terms of interpretation knowing that that supposed usage of cocaine by some guys at Metallica may help in understanding what they are talking about in the Master Of Puppets song (among the other interpretations you can draw)?

The historical background of the creators of pieces of art such as literature, music, movies, etc. can help us to better understand or interpret the intentions and meanings behind those works. Perhaps, it can be argued if Blasphemer possible homosexuality may have had any impact in his works within Mayhem but we should remember that interpretations can be very personal and some aspects that we may not consider can earn the attention of someone who sees an influence where we see none. Also, Blasphemer has not finished from making music so knowing his sexuality (if he is an homosexual) and things that can be related to it, may help to better understand possible new works from him wherever he makes them: inside or outside Mayhem.

Additionally, knowing if he is homosexual and with the result of knowing that he is indeed homosexual, he then passes to become in a statistic or information that can result to be helpful. For example, I once had to make a reflection from an essay which was denouncing a supposed lyrical violence towards women in a "Rock" song. When I realized which song was the one that they were talking about, to my surprise, it was a song from Judas Priest which was allegedly written by Rob Halford. I was able to argue that those lyrics could easily be directed towards a man since the lyrics of the song do not address a woman directly and since Rob has let known his homosexuality and thus the sexual theme and violence in it could not be directed towards women necessarily. In this way I was able to cancel her argument or at least leave it open to interpretations and not be seen as a definite conclusion.

Written by Judas on 09.03.2007 at 14:04

Asides from him being a member of Mayhem, the other fact that makes his homosexuality highly improbable is that he is in Aura Noir as well, who are on Darkthrone's record label. Now, can you see our dear friend Fenriz allowing a gay person to come onto Tyrant Syndicate Productions?

Is there a reason for saying that Fenriz cannot be related to any homosexual person in any way? I ask because I have not heard anything about that. Moreover, I have found a supposed interview with Fenriz in which he seems not to have any problem with homosexuals and even jokes about homosexuality. They say something about Trey from Morbid Angel being homosexual (I ignore if this is true so some light by someone here would be appreciated) and Fenriz seems not to regard and once less how he considers Morbid Angel's music. He says that he is "not really that homophobic".

Here is the link:

http://www.thegrimoire.com/darkthrone.htm
----
Christless
17.03.2007 - 09:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Himann on 13.03.2007 at 00:36

I was reading through some of Mayhem's interviews over the years which I've accumulated in my hard and I came accross this statement from Hellhemmer:

Hellhammer: Well, maybe. The Amerricans invented the term blast beats, I have invented something new, it's called - hyper-blast-beats, this is twice as fast.

I'm not sure what he's talking about cause I'm more of a guitar guy really..

This is the URL if you're interested in reading the whole thing: http://www.metalkings.com/mayhem/mayhem-interview-rus.htm

Following is an interview of Euronymous in image format. I dont know or remember where i got it from. Its a bit huge so im crossing my fingers about the resizing and stuff..

They say its his last interview but im not sure.. Sorry for the huge file size but at least it fits lol..

Wow, that euronymous interview is really interesting, it clears alot of things up, but did he says Varg was on drums at the start of the interview?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.03.2007 - 21:04
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I actually saw this interview a couple of weeks back and read through it. It clears up a lot of questions that I had and it was really interesting.

It must just be a publishing error when he said Varg was on drums.
17.03.2007 - 23:54
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Yeah its probably a typo or something lol.. It could also be that they weren't still sure what Varg's contribution to the albums could be. Probably a publishing error like spirit_inblack said..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
18.03.2007 - 00:46
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Darth Satanious on 17.03.2007 at 07:33

Yeah, I know how some people regard homosexuals but I personally would not care at all if Blasphemer is homosexual or not, care in terms of changing my way of regarding his works. Homosexuals can kick some serious asses too, you know. I am not saying that he is homosexual because of those gestures, you know? I am just saying that he has this way of expressing himself that seems to be special and that I can relate to how some homosexuals express themselves. Both of you, Daru and you, are trying to reject the thought that he is homosexual and I am just trying to keep the possibility open. Likewise, I would easily be arguing against possible posters here that could assure that Blasphemer is homosexual out of any doubt; however, no one seems to consider that possibility here and so I am the only one defending this possibility.

Then again, if you agree with Daru here, I ask you the same thing: in spite of the reason for having Blasphemer confident or comfortable with the interview when in other interviews he may seem shy, why does he seem to keep those gestures if he is not shy in this interview?

I can't see why being in Mayhem must let out of any doubt the thought that a band member there must not be homosexual. If there was some straight anti-homosexual stuff going on there perhaps I would understand but as far as now I have not seen something clear about that. Homosexuals are people just like us and they can feel hatred, rage, aggressiveness, and beat the crap out of anyone as any other man. Maybe if you see Necrobutcher around there again you can ask him yourself if Blasphemer is homosexual or not, right? Just kidding. lol He would tell you to screw yourself or something.

Haha I can't believe you're still on the topic of Blasphemers sexuality lol.. I'll tell you why his being in Mayhem makes it not possible. Its because Mayhem have recorded a split with Emperor and have toured many times with Emperor.. Hell they played their music together with Emperor time and again. Faust stabbed a homosexual guy to death.. I'm sure Blasphemer would try and avoid this guy as much as possible if he was homosexual. Recording a split with him hmm highly unlikely. Besides Euronymous was always jealous that he himself didn't do something like Faust did and he was always looking to promote Mayhem through some sort of violent act or other. Thats typical Euronymous for you.. Its why all those church burnings and stuff started, its why he started all those rumours abt inner circles and stuff and its also why he says that Dead's death was really great for Mayhem (read the image interview I posted)

Anyway where did you come up with this idea.. I mean there is little or no proof at all that Blasphemer is homosexual.. Talking abt homosexuals is actually boring me to death right now ..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
18.03.2007 - 00:55
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Bitter Dawn on 17.03.2007 at 01:39

Hm, he's kind of been around for a while then. I do like Chimera though, but that live performance was just bad.. maybe because I haven't ever heard anyone but Atilla sing Freezing Moon before.

Actually many who were used to dead's vocals felt the same way when Atilla started to sing it.. It was originally sung by Dead and almost everyone thought that it sucked when they first heard Atilla's version. It was only after a few listens that it really sank in..

I really should figure out how to make multiple quotes.. Saves me the trouble of posting in different replies..
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
18.03.2007 - 01:20
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Himann: I can see how that would be, but wasn't "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" originally recorded with Atillas? Or am I mistaken?

Generally posting now.. In regard's to the whole homosexual thing, wouldn't homosexuality go against the ideology of black metal? Each BM band is a bit differant than one another, but let's say as far as it goes in term's of reviving Europe's pagan root's, and especially for those who are more along the line's of being nationalist (ie: keeping the bloodline's pure with fair skin, fair eye's and fair hair in Northern Europe) wouldn't it be counter productive to accept homosexuality?
18.03.2007 - 02:17
Himann
Orm KrigGud
@Scarrowed Muse, yes but Dead wrote the lyrics and stuff for the album and did most of those songs live on various bootlegs.. For instance, the 1991 bootleg "Dawn of the Black Hearts" which is the album dedicated to Dead with his dead body on the cover.. It had tracks like Funeral Fog, Freezing Moon and Buried by Time and Dust.. DMDS came out in 1994 which was well after this..

Officially speaking, Atilla recorded the vocals for the album but Dead composed and did a few of the songs much earlier..
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
18.03.2007 - 02:24
Himann
Orm KrigGud
By the way, this is the track listing for Ordo Ad Chao (Out of Chaos, Comes Order):

01. A Wise Birthgiver
02. Wall of Water
03. Great Work of Ages
04. Deconsecrate
05. Illuminate Eliminate
06. Psychic Horns
07. Key to the Storms
08. Anti

I think Damnated posted the last track of the album somewhere in this thread.. Check it out..

----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
18.03.2007 - 14:13
Skalden
Account deleted
DMDS was delayed for quite a long time since Euros mother wanted Hellhammer to take away the bas track and have it rerecorded by someone else then Varg. Extra delay also since Dead was... well dead they needed to find a new vocalis and have him rehears the songs and whatnot.

You can listen to the Anti song here:

http://soundworks.nerim.net/SeasonOfMist/Downloads/Mayhem/Mayhem%20-%20ordo%20ad%20chao%20-%20Anti.mp3
18.03.2007 - 15:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I think I'll buy the new one, and I'll have to catch up with their 'mid' recordings as well (i.e. after DMDS).
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.03.2007 - 15:43
Hyvaarin
Written by Bitter Dawn on 16.03.2007 at 08:12

Haha, no kidding. Those videos make me embarrassed for him.

Regarding that interview...hmm. I have a hard time believing everything Hellhammer says about drumming - I remember reading a while back that he claims to have done the 'Funeral Fog' drums in one take (ie. without any over-dubs). The bit where he's blasting and adds regular tom fills suggests otherwise pretty indisputably.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
19.03.2007 - 00:03
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Himann: Thanks for the info. I would like to say I've heard that bootleg but I honestly can't recall if I have. I downloaded a bunch of Mayhem but discarded
anything that was really poor quality and live. OT, but I do have the demo's for Darkthrone but since they're such poor quality I never listen to them.

As for Mayhem though, I wasn't impressed with the song they released on their site a couple month's ago. I enjoy Mayhem and all but I think that perhaps
they are a bit overrated, but maybe I am missing something. I'll have to check the disc I made but I think I have all their studio recorded stuff, and although
I am fond of Chimera, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is the only thing I truly enjoy by them, and aside from a few CoF tracks from their earlier day's, it was the
first BM album I listened to.
19.03.2007 - 12:06
Himann
Orm KrigGud
@Scarrowed Muse, well all Mayhem's albums are quite different from each other essentially so its quite possible that you like some and dislike others. Well as far as I'm concerned, Live in Liepzig was awesome. The Black Mass onstage and all.. (quoting that from someone who posted in one of the threads here). Its quite debatable how their new album will go though as I though Anti was quite promising. Well remains to be seen. Anyway if you liked Chimera then perhaps Grand Declaration would be more of your style. Also Wolf's Lair Abyss which is really quite good for me..

@Hyvaarin, yeah it confused me as well. Specially the hyper-blast-beats. I really dont have a clue what he's talking about.. Well we can never really know for sure can we lol..
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
20.03.2007 - 01:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Himann on 18.03.2007 at 02:24

By the way, this is the track listing for Ordo Ad Chao (Out of Chaos, Comes Order):

01. A Wise Birthgiver
02. Wall of Water
03. Great Work of Ages
04. Deconsecrate
05. Illuminate Eliminate
06. Psychic Horns
07. Key to the Storms
08. Anti

I think Damnated posted the last track of the album somewhere in this thread.. Check it out..

wow, I really like that album cover, too bad judging by that 'Anti' song, Im not gonna like the album.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.03.2007 - 09:35
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Waiting for the album
25.03.2007 - 01:36
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Himann on 18.03.2007 at 00:46

Written by Darth Satanious on 17.03.2007 at 07:33

Haha I can't believe you're still on the topic of Blasphemers sexuality lol.. I'll tell you why his being in Mayhem makes it not possible. Its because Mayhem have recorded a split with Emperor and have toured many times with Emperor.. Hell they played their music together with Emperor time and again. Faust stabbed a homosexual guy to death.. I'm sure Blasphemer would try and avoid this guy as much as possible if he was homosexual. Recording a split with him hmm highly unlikely. Besides Euronymous was always jealous that he himself didn't do something like Faust did and he was always looking to promote Mayhem through some sort of violent act or other. Thats typical Euronymous for you.. Its why all those church burnings and stuff started, its why he started all those rumours abt inner circles and stuff and its also why he says that Dead's death was really great for Mayhem (read the image interview I posted)

Anyway where did you come up with this idea.. I mean there is little or no proof at all that Blasphemer is homosexual.. Talking abt homosexuals is actually boring me to death right now ..

As far as I knew back then, the discussion had not ended. You are talking about a Split of Mayhem and Emperor? When was that? The question now here is: should every band be seen to share the same believes just because they tour along? It is more or less the same argument I brought when we discussed about the rest of the people in Mayhem having to share the same thoughts of Euronymous just because they played together, well, at least Attila and Hellhammer for we all know the line-up history of Mayhem.

What you have brought here concerning Faust killing a homosexual and the possibility that this could be a reason for having Blasphemer, in the case that he is indeed homosexual, not wanting to be related to Emperor should be further discussed, I think. First, we have to take in consideration the date in which Faust was convicted for this crime and the date in which Blasphemer joined Mayhem and toured with Emperor. Parting from this, Faust was not in the ranks of Emperor (in spite of Faust continuing communication with Samoth) and therefore it can be argued if Faust presence in Emperor may have a reason for staying away from the band when he was no longer playing with the band.

Secondly, we should ask ourselves if the rest of the guys at Emperor (more or less the same thing we have discussed with Mayhem) may share the same thoughts as Faust. In spite of Samoth keeping in touch with Faust after his conviction I believe that this doesn't prove that Samoth shares the same point of view that Faust does (unless of course Samoth or someone at Emperor has shown despise towards homosexuals to the point of discrimination). I mean, I have had friends that do things or believe in things that I don't do or believe and I still socialize with them. Also, being friends with them does not mean that I incur in the same acts or that I believe equally. Has this happed to you too at any point of your life? Perhaps then you would have an idea of what I mean. Thus, if Blasphemer didn't see any other demonstration of hatred within the band Emperor apart from Faust, then he may have had no problem of playing with Emperor, if he is homosexual.

hahah, do I have to repeat myself again? Blasphemer's gestures remind me of those that some homosexual people I have seen make. Watching him made me wonder about the possibility that he is indeed homosexual and thus I came here to know if someone knew something; I was looking for an answer like: "Dude, he already said that he is homosexual. Are you leaving in a cave or something?" or something like: "Dude, he is married and has children. What the fuck are you talking about?" (even though he could still be bisexual or something). Now, there wasn't any "clear-as-water" evidence here that could leave the possibility that he is homosexual either denied or accepted and instead the question developed into a discussion.

Nah, don't worry. If the topic bores you then just ignore the discussion for we are just speculating here since there is no proof or it has not been yet revealed here. It is as if this won't lead to any conclusion but just more question.

Written by Himann on 18.03.2007 at 02:24

01. A Wise Birthgiver
02. Wall of Water
03. Great Work of Ages
04. Deconsecrate
05. Illuminate Eliminate
06. Psychic Horns
07. Key to the Storms
08. Anti

When I saw that plain cover art I though: "Great! It seems that they are focusing all their creativity in the music". lol I haven't said anything in this thread regarding the new song "Anti" but it is because I already talked about it in the News Forum and I just don't feel like repeating myself.
----
Christless
25.03.2007 - 06:14
Trifixion
Account deleted
Anti sounded rather odd to me. Eh I've been waiting for this album forever and I still have hope for it, it sounds like a song that'll take a few listens to really catch on to. I think the cover art is cool too, here's to hoping the album is as well...
27.03.2007 - 09:13
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Darth Satanious on 25.03.2007 at 01:36

As far as I knew back then, the discussion had not ended. You are talking about a Split of Mayhem and Emperor? When was that? The question now here is: should every band be seen to share the same believes just because they tour along? It is more or less the same argument I brought when we discussed about the rest of the people in Mayhem having to share the same thoughts of Euronymous just because they played together, well, at least Attila and Hellhammer for we all know the line-up history of Mayhem.

What you have brought here concerning Faust killing a homosexual and the possibility that this could be a reason for having Blasphemer, in the case that he is indeed homosexual, not wanting to be related to Emperor should be further discussed, I think. First, we have to take in consideration the date in which Faust was convicted for this crime and the date in which Blasphemer joined Mayhem and toured with Emperor. Parting from this, Faust was not in the ranks of Emperor (in spite of Faust continuing communication with Samoth) and therefore it can be argued if Faust presence in Emperor may have a reason for staying away from the band when he was no longer playing with the band.

Secondly, we should ask ourselves if the rest of the guys at Emperor (more or less the same thing we have discussed with Mayhem) may share the same thoughts as Faust. In spite of Samoth keeping in touch with Faust after his conviction I believe that this doesn't prove that Samoth shares the same point of view that Faust does (unless of course Samoth or someone at Emperor has shown despise towards homosexuals to the point of discrimination). I mean, I have had friends that do things or believe in things that I don't do or believe and I still socialize with them. Also, being friends with them does not mean that I incur in the same acts or that I believe equally. Has this happed to you too at any point of your life? Perhaps then you would have an idea of what I mean. Thus, if Blasphemer didn't see any other demonstration of hatred within the band Emperor apart from Faust, then he may have had no problem of playing with Emperor, if he is homosexual.

hahah, do I have to repeat myself again? Blasphemer's gestures remind me of those that some homosexual people I have seen make. Watching him made me wonder about the possibility that he is indeed homosexual and thus I came here to know if someone knew something; I was looking for an answer like: "Dude, he already said that he is homosexual. Are you leaving in a cave or something?" or something like: "Dude, he is married and has children. What the fuck are you talking about?" (even though he could still be bisexual or something). Now, there wasn't any "clear-as-water" evidence here that could leave the possibility that he is homosexual either denied or accepted and instead the question developed into a discussion.

Nah, don't worry. If the topic bores you then just ignore the discussion for we are just speculating here since there is no proof or it has not been yet revealed here. It is as if this won't lead to any conclusion but just more question.

Ok man. I think I have some proof that can possibly send this theory temporarily to the recycle bin. Blasphemer has a girlfriend for over 3 years now. They live together in portugal. I have heard this from other forums and a few other die hard Mayhem fans whom I know here in Norway.. The girl is Carman Simoes. She does the vocals on projects like Aenima and Poetry of Shadows. More notably she is also the vocalist on Ava Inferi which is Blasphemers side project. More details of Ava Inferi and interviews of them together can be found linked to the official Ava Inferi website : http://www.ava-inferi.com/

I made a huge post yesterday and the fuse blew so I didn't want to repeat myself too much. I'll just make one quote from Blasphemer.. It should be enough..

Well, I met Carmen 3 and a half year ago in Lisbon. Ever since, she has been a part of my life.
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
27.03.2007 - 12:26
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Himann on 27.03.2007 at 09:13

Written by Darth Satanious on 25.03.2007 at 01:36

Ok man. I think I have some proof that can possibly send this theory temporarily to the recycle bin. Blasphemer has a girlfriend for over 3 years now. They live together in portugal. I have heard this from other forums and a few other die hard Mayhem fans whom I know here in Norway.. The girl is Carman Simoes. She does the vocals on projects like Aenima and Poetry of Shadows. More notably she is also the vocalist on Ava Inferi which is Blasphemers side project. More details of Ava Inferi and interviews of them together can be found linked to the official Ava Inferi website : http://www.ava-inferi.com/

I made a huge post yesterday and the fuse blew so I didn't want to repeat myself too much. I'll just make one quote from Blasphemer.. It should be enough..

Well, I met Carmen 3 and a half year ago in Lisbon. Ever since, she has been a part of my life.

That is the kind of proof I am talking about. Case closed. lol But, what about that Emperor/Mayhem split you were talking about? When was that?
----
Christless
28.03.2007 - 12:39
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Darth Satanious on 27.03.2007 at 12:26

That is the kind of proof I am talking about. Case closed. lol But, what about that Emperor/Mayhem split you were talking about? When was that?

Phew, I thought that might convince you lol.. It was released in 99 I think but I'm not sure when they performed it as there are very old tracks in it as well.. Also some of Wolf's Lair Abyss tracks.. More details are in the following link..

http://www.blackmetal.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?category=search&item=MAYEMPEROR001LP&type=store
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
29.03.2007 - 16:54
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Himann on 28.03.2007 at 12:39

Written by Darth Satanious on 27.03.2007 at 12:26

Phew, I thought that might convince you lol.. It was released in 99 I think but I'm not sure when they performed it as there are very old tracks in it as well.. Also some of Wolf's Lair Abyss tracks.. More details are in the following link..

http://www.blackmetal.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?category=search&item=MAYEMPEROR001LP&type=store

Oh, ok. Never heard of that one.
----
Christless
30.03.2007 - 23:26
Himann
Orm KrigGud
@Nerval, I finally notice that you actually ask about Live in Leitz in the original post. Maybe you have to be drunk to realize lol. Yeah as I said earlier, if you like Dead and his live albums then go for it. Anything by Dead is worth it in my openion but I'm a huge Dead fan so...
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
01.04.2007 - 22:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
@Himann.

Haha, better late than never man.

Though I wonder if it is still for sale, but I might check it out. Thanks.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.04.2007 - 09:52
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Himann on 30.03.2007 at 23:26

@Nerval, I finally notice that you actually ask about Live in Leitz in the original post. Maybe you have to be drunk to realize lol. Yeah as I said earlier, if you like Dead and his live albums then go for it. Anything by Dead is worth it in my openion but I'm a huge Dead fan so...

My alter ego

A bit off topic , just look at this guy ...

Its been more then 15 years , heared lot many black metal bands .... but still dead is dead. His vocals are still i think is GRIM. Unique and amazing .... thankfully we have one album of mayhem , with dead vocal. Anyone heared the album 'Morbid and Mayhem' .... its a brillaint album with 4 Morbid song ( band members being Dead , Uffe Cederlund (ex-Nihilist) , Petrov (ex-Nihilist) ) and 4 Mayhem song.