Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest

Original post

Posted by Demonizer, 17.05.2006 - 17:11
ha! now I've got the opportunity to open a thread for my fav band, I'll certainly take it!!

So who else is curious about the new album?? apparantly the band is hoping to start their next tour in early 2007
22.06.2008 - 19:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Hellish Star on 22.06.2008 at 09:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2008 at 03:07

Their latest is just PURE crap. If you suffer from insomnia then you should put this one oin cause it will put you to sleep within one to three songs max.

I've told you before; that's your meaning! A lot of other people adore this new disc... At least let the people decide for them self

@Lord TJ: Judas Priest didn't lose that much of their popularity and is still one of the most respected bands. The problem is that the metal scène is overcrowded nowadays and they have to share the popularity with a lot of other bands. About Tim Owens; bashing him ain't fair. He was there when Halford decided to leave Judas Priest and Owens did a fantastic job. "Jugulator" is a fantastic album... Same counts for Tim Owens and Iced Earth...

i agree man. i can't stand it when people beat the dead horse even more with posts like "OMG OWENS RUINED PRIEST AND ICED EARTH!!!2112K3N12" i have enjoyed all 4 albums he's made with those 2 bands just as the vocalist was Barlow or Halford.

@TJ watch 'Rising in the East' and then either 'Live in London' or listen to Live Meltdown. who is the better vocalist right now?

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2008 at 03:07

Their latest is just PURE crap. If you suffer from insomnia then you should put this one oin cause it will put you to sleep within one to three songs max.

dude, you need to calm down when you're arguing about something, and pretty please stop using those damn CAPSLOCK words!
23.06.2008 - 03:49
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Nostradamus isn't that bad... It's certainly too long, it would had been better one cd deleting some of the slower songs that indeed suck, but we've also got some very competent symphonic heavy metal here.
23.06.2008 - 06:50
Lord TJ

@Lord TJ: Judas Priest didn't lose that much of their popularity and is still one of the most respected bands.

I know, they have had halford back for quite some time, I was talking about back then when Owens entered the band.

About Tim Owens; bashing him ain't fair. He was there when Halford decided to leave Judas Priest and Owens did a fantastic job.

How was I bashing him?

Saying that when he entered the band it decreased their overall popularity is not bashing him, and its not an opinion either. It really did decrease their overall popularity.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
23.06.2008 - 22:30
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
I've only listened to the new Priest album once... and it bored me to tears. I've always praised Priest for sticking to their guns and making the EXACT SAME style of music for as long as they've been around and still being good. With this new album... it just seems like they are really trying to fit in with a lot of newer metal bands with all this symphonic BS.

... It makes me sad.:(
24.06.2008 - 14:21
Lord TJ
Check this out!

Its the early days that not very many people have seen. I will admit, its a really catchy song!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
25.06.2008 - 01:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Oh I saw that on TV. Rob looks hella creepy xD
25.06.2008 - 06:17
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
lol, rob's been bald so long, it's hard for me to imagine him with hair
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
25.06.2008 - 06:20
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I liked the new priest album just fine, by the way. It's got some good symphonic work and for a concept album it aint bad. coulda been alot better though..
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

25.06.2008 - 08:45
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Arian Totalis on 25.06.2008 at 06:20

I liked the new priest album just fine, by the way. It's got some good symphonic work and for a concept album it aint bad. coulda been alot better though..

Do you really think it fits Priest though?
25.06.2008 - 20:59
IronBlackZepp
I think that Nostradamus is a great album. It just proves that Priest can do anything metal. All of their albums are very different in stile. Try compairing Killing Machine (Hell Bent For Leather) with Stained Class. Or Sin After Sin with Painkiller. You cant, and those are just a few examples. This is a great concept album, and their are very few good ones out there. It took Iron Maiden fans years to warm up to Seventh Son, so it might be years until all Priest fans will recognise Nostradamus as one of Priests best albums.
25.06.2008 - 21:08
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i don't know what to say about the new album, the only really CRUSHING song on it is the title track(that double bass really kills! Scott should play a LOT more lightning-fast double bass like that), imo the only one maybe except War and Prophecy which are worthy to play live. i think Priest wanted too much to make the 'epicest album ever' and forgot all about Jawbreaker and other stuff like the Painkiller. the good thing though is that it seems that Rob got over the problem he had in Rising in the East where there's not enough INSANE SCREAMING.
26.06.2008 - 10:27
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 25.06.2008 at 21:08

i don't know what to say about the new album, the only really CRUSHING song on it is the title track(that double bass really kills! Scott should play a LOT more lightning-fast double bass like that), imo the only one maybe except War and Prophecy which are worthy to play live. i think Priest wanted too much to make the 'epicest album ever' and forgot all about Jawbreaker and other stuff like the Painkiller. the good thing though is that it seems that Rob got over the problem he had in Rising in the East where there's not enough INSANE SCREAMING.

I agree.

Written by IronBlackZepp on 25.06.2008 at 20:59

It took Iron Maiden fans years to warm up to Seventh Son, so it might be years until all Priest fans will recognise Nostradamus as one of Priests best albums.

Now, I haven't been growing up with 80's Maiden (and neither have you if your age is correct), but 7th Son was one of the last Maiden albums I listened to, and after one listen I loved it... so I can't really relate. I'm not really a huge Priest fan, but I've listened to enough of their stuff to say that I do not think that this is a good direction for Priest to be headed. There are so many other bands that have made even more epic symphonic stuff than this. Personally, I'd like to hear Priest do some stuff more Sad Wings of Destiny-ish.
26.06.2008 - 13:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 26.06.2008 at 10:27

Personally, I'd like to hear Priest do some stuff more Sad Wings of Destiny-ish.

yeah but SWOD was 32 years ago, i can't imagine them wanting to go back in time so far. they've always wanted to do something new, and except maybe for Screaming for Vengeance and Defenders, no 2 albums sound the same.
27.06.2008 - 07:57
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 26.06.2008 at 13:01

yeah but SWOD was 32 years ago, i can't imagine them wanting to go back in time so far. they've always wanted to do something new, and except maybe for Screaming for Vengeance and Defenders, no 2 albums sound the same.

Oh believe me, I would never expect them to do that, but I can dream... can't I?
27.06.2008 - 20:10
Candlemass
Defaeco
Classic heavy metal.
Nothing more to say, a big impact on the metal world, and they still rock.
27.06.2008 - 22:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I've been listening to them a lot lately again. I have Judas Priest's phases. Its great.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.06.2008 - 07:26
slayer_pwns
Account deleted
im gonna go see these fuckers on aug 30!
w/ HEAVEN & HELL
MOTORHEAD
AND TESTAMENT!
29.06.2008 - 08:18
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by BloodTears on 27.06.2008 at 22:41

I've been listening to them a lot lately again. I have Judas Priest's phases. Its great.

Yeah, reliving phases on any band you love can be great, really.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

29.06.2008 - 16:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
just got my ticket... i'm hardly waiting for the best gig of my life!!
29.06.2008 - 18:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Arian Totalis on 29.06.2008 at 08:18

Written by BloodTears on 27.06.2008 at 22:41

Yeah, reliving phases on any band you love can be great, really.

Ih happens a lot with me. I tend to move away from certain bands for a while and then I start listening to all their albums again, like in a rush of some sort.
----

My Instagram
01.07.2008 - 02:09
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=25762] on 29.06.2008 at 07:26

im gonna go see these fuckers on aug 30!
w/ HEAVEN & HELL
MOTORHEAD
AND TESTAMENT!

Im going to that on August 13th, Im taking a 4 hour flight about 3/4 across Canada for Motorhead alone. Ill be seeing Priest and Testament 3 weeks before that at Monsters Of Rock and Ive already seen Heaven & Hell. Should be an amazing show.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.07.2008 - 20:29
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
Written by Valentin B on 29.06.2008 at 16:38

You could wait a little longer since Priest´s guitar player is having some serious health issues and gigs in Zagreb and Belgrade were canceled, and whole tour could be canceled too.
02.07.2008 - 22:15
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Knightrider on 02.07.2008 at 20:29

You could wait a little longer since Priest´s guitar player is having some serious health issues and gigs in Zagreb and Belgrade were canceled, and whole tour could be canceled too.

Damn. I hope he'll be ok.
02.07.2008 - 23:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Whos having issues? Tipton or downing?
----

My Instagram
03.07.2008 - 13:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Knightrider on 02.07.2008 at 20:29

Written by Valentin B on 29.06.2008 at 16:38

http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=0EE176DE-187A-43E3-85F3-B038FC52A608

phew. the gig remains... i almost pissed myself out of anger

Written by BloodTears on 02.07.2008 at 23:07

Whos having issues? Tipton or downing?

tipton...
03.07.2008 - 21:24
VPeter
Written by Baz Anderson on 05.06.2008 at 01:00

Written by VPeter on 05.06.2008 at 00:44

Decided to give this band a chance again, I disliked them a lot in the past but recently I lisitend to their debut and kinda liked it.
so I downloaded Painkiller since everybody seems to praise that album and I must say.... damn! what a HORRIBLE album!
sorry to you priest fans, but Rob Halford's annyoing screams ruin it for me and the album is just plain boring.
then again most heavy metal is not my bag.

Try "Defenders Of The Faith".
"Painkiller" is a little full-on.

now that's more like it! so far I like Defenders Of The Faith the most, anything that comes nearby this album?
03.07.2008 - 21:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
what i agree does indeed suck about the new tour is that they don't play The Hellion as the concert intro.... fuck that songs moves me more than any national anthem! truly one of the best album intro's ever, and live it really is one of the high points of the show. i was walking on the street today and thought about this song...and the feeling you get when it starts and you know there's gonna be a kick-ass gig... and honestly there were tears in my eyes lol!
03.07.2008 - 22:48
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by VPeter on 03.07.2008 at 21:24

now that's more like it! so far I like Defenders Of The Faith the most, anything that comes nearby this album?

Defenders of the Faith is my favorite Priest album. The Sentinel is a killer track. I'd give Screaming for Vengeance a chance.
03.07.2008 - 23:03
Baz Anderson
Staff

Great!! Yep, "Screaming For Vengeance" is perhaps a little more aggressive in places, but "Defenders..." was considered to be "Screaming..." part 2 as far as I am aware.
"Ram It Down" and "Turbo" are both albums that have a lot of criticism, a lot of people don't like them - but I think they are still both great albums, you may like these as well.
So try these and see what you think.. Nothing they have done is as full-on as "Painkiller", so if you liked "Defenders..." you will probably like most of their stuff. Hopefully.. haha.
06.07.2008 - 00:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast

Written by Baz Anderson on 05.06.2008 at 01:00

Written by VPeter on 05.06.2008 at 00:44

Decided to give this band a chance again, I disliked them a lot in the past but recently I lisitend to their debut and kinda liked it.
so I downloaded Painkiller since everybody seems to praise that album and I must say.... damn! what a HORRIBLE album!
sorry to you priest fans, but Rob Halford's annyoing screams ruin it for me and the album is just plain boring.
then again most heavy metal is not my bag.

Try "Defenders Of The Faith".
"Painkiller" is a little full-on.

now you can get to Screaming for Vengance(check out the first 3 songs! what a combo!), maybe British Steel and Ram it Down.

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 03.07.2008 at 22:48

Defenders of the Faith is my favorite Priest album. The Sentinel is a killer track. I'd give Screaming for Vengeance a chance.

yeah i agree the Sentinel is absolute madness, but Love Bites imo is even better! basically Priest keeping it simple, though Sentinel is an example of technical-done-right.