Metal Storm logo
New year's Goals

06.01.2008 - 04:38
selken
Irreligious
I don't know about your country, but in most countries I know, people have the tradition of proposing goals, objectives or aims that you could go after in this new year. For example, finnish your studies, learn something important (to drive, to speak a language....) or change something in your life.
For example, I don't have any particular goals for this year except by keep improving my knowledge, what about you guys, do you have a special issue for this year?
----
06.01.2008 - 05:19
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
no not really
06.01.2008 - 05:21
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmmm....

1. drink more less
2. find a suitable midget

Same goals as last year
06.01.2008 - 05:39
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
1. Think of some goals to accomplish.

So far, I have not completed this goal.
06.01.2008 - 06:43
Fhuesc
@Pyro: why you want a midget?
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
06.01.2008 - 07:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Who wouldn't!
06.01.2008 - 08:14
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
u know who a lot of people are scared of clowns? well im scared of midgets. they freak me out man. also people with missing limbs freak me out as well. nothing against them, its just my phobia
06.01.2008 - 11:42
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
this topic is going VERY off topic...! I usually have 5 "goals" each year, if i meet 3 of them i'm happy. For 2008 it's these:

1. Get anna through her 2nd year of life in one piece!
2. Pay off the business debts and get off housing benefit completely
3. Get to Download Festival (i know, i know but i like the cheesy music! haha plus i don't know if i'll go to one if i don't go this year )
4. Make new friends and help some friends out of their problems
5. Meet a DECENT guy with a good taste in music, long hair and a car who likes me back! haha

I reckon 1,3 and 4 are probably most likely with 2 and 5 staying well out of reach for the minute! lol
06.01.2008 - 15:31
Nebel_Hexe
Account deleted
I don't really make any grand resolutions at the start of the year, don't think I ever had done, I find that throughout the year I make smaller more achievable targets which is good enough for me.
For starters at the moment I need to get into the rhythm of doing college work in the evening and stop procrastinating to the point I don't do my work thus end up doing it last minute.
06.01.2008 - 18:15
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I wouldn't call it New Years resolutions, but I have to go to Wacken this year. Other than that it must be something like doing good on my exams and becoming better at my job...pretty boring stuff but should be able to fulfil them
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
06.01.2008 - 18:26
Sunioj
1. Don't trust anyone
2. Leave this shithole
06.01.2008 - 18:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
1. Leave MS and get a life (yeah, right)
2. Start a serious relationship with this girl...
3. Move to my own place after graduation

The first will never happen, the third is nearly impossible but the second is very possible.
----
06.01.2008 - 18:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
1.pass the exams with good marks
2.a decent girl
3.have more fun
4.get into even better physical shape
06.01.2008 - 22:08
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
Written by [user id=24216] on 06.01.2008 at 15:31

I don't really make any grand resolutions at the start of the year, don't think I ever had done, I find that throughout the year I make smaller more achievable targets which is good enough for me.
For starters at the moment I need to get into the rhythm of doing college work in the evening and stop procrastinating to the point I don't do my work thus end up doing it last minute.

my resolutions never get achieved, so im not making them anymore
06.01.2008 - 22:25
b0000mst1ck
two years ago i set a goal to quit smoking, and was a non-smoker for well over a year.

unfortunately i get to repeat that goal for 2008 and quit again. i guess stress will do that to you?
07.01.2008 - 09:11
Fhuesc
Since i was 14 i only have a goal every year, create the T-Virus and with it, destroy mankind
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
07.01.2008 - 10:06
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Not drink for at least four months. Going good so far. Granted, it's only been a week.
----
07.01.2008 - 10:27
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
Written by Elijah on 07.01.2008 at 10:06

Not drink for at least four months. Going good so far. Granted, it's only been a week.

hey man, the first week is the toughest. keep going bro
07.01.2008 - 14:35
santiagomp
Waken Open Air! Iron Maiden & Avantasia are a MUST! :-)
07.01.2008 - 14:48
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I want to be more pure as a person and to meditate more often.
07.01.2008 - 16:29
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
See how long i can go without ejaculating. It's been since the 17th Dec.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
10.01.2008 - 18:04
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
- Get my dregree finally.
- Expressing my feelings better. I have been accused too often of being to inexpressive.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
11.01.2008 - 20:24
Hamird
Lieutenant
i must study for univercity's entrance tests which is in following summer. there are more than 100.000 students who give that test every year (in mathematics) and i should at least place myself in first 14.000 ... this is truely hard. i hope for you that never fall in this deep shit
12.01.2008 - 02:24
TDFX
I stopped making goals for the new year a long time ago. As practice shows I've never accomplished any.
----
Last.fm
12.01.2008 - 14:24
Omni
Account deleted
Get out more. But I've been out more than in this year so far. So thats ok.

Work harder. I'm too lazy and it needs to stop really.
12.01.2008 - 17:11
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by -tom- on 07.01.2008 at 16:29

See how long i can go without ejaculating. It's been since the 17th Dec.

Are you serious man? It would be physically impossible for me. Ehm... the hose would probably pump out the water by itself after a couple of days...
----
12.01.2008 - 18:34
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
My balls were starting to hurt so i had to lower the pressure, if you get what I mean.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
12.01.2008 - 23:47
APOHAKC
The Bard
1. Survive
2. Survive
3. Survive
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
12.02.2008 - 12:38
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
Written by [user id=27451] on 06.01.2008 at 11:42

this topic is going VERY off topic...! I usually have 5 "goals" each year, if i meet 3 of them i'm happy. For 2008 it's these:

1. Get anna through her 2nd year of life in one piece!
2. Pay off the business debts and get off housing benefit completely
3. Get to Download Festival (i know, i know but i like the cheesy music! haha plus i don't know if i'll go to one if i don't go this year )
4. Make new friends and help some friends out of their problems
5. Meet a DECENT guy with a good taste in music, long hair and a car who likes me back! haha

I reckon 1,3 and 4 are probably most likely with 2 and 5 staying well out of reach for the minute! lol

I just thought i'd see what i'd written as my goals for 2008 and see how close i was to acheiving them out of curiosity! haha

1. obviously not complete yet
2. i will have half paid off by June!
3. my friend's mum bought the tickets a few days ago in the pre-sale!
4. still making new friends. probably causing more problems than i'm solving! haha
5. don't even GO there hahaha
31.12.2008 - 19:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
This thread should be back to the top lol

people who are already in 2009, post your new year resolutions! i'll be back tomorrow

btw my resolutions for this year, so far:

Written by Valentin B on 06.01.2008 at 18:51

1.pass the exams with good marks
2.a decent girl
3.have more fun
4.get into even better physical shape

1 and 3 = accomplished lol