Metal Storm logo
Alternative

04.12.2009 - 19:07
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I want to know if any body likes other bands like the offspring or guttermouth or if anybody knows any other bands like this.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
05.12.2009 - 02:48
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Jane's Addiction, Beck, NIN, U2, The Pixies, Sonic Youth...all these bands are alternative rock/pop which I like...
23.12.2009 - 17:47
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Whats the ... for afraid to say you like any other genre other than metal? hehehehalthough cum on pop/rock!!! thats like katy perry and lady gaga ( but you like alternative which is good glad somsebody else likes it around heer!!!!)
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.12.2009 - 09:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I think you may have a typo in your title there, champ.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.12.2009 - 12:07
Met@1lurg
I listened to System of a down. My favorite album is toxicity. Some songs from others are good.
06.01.2010 - 23:57
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Doc G. on 24.12.2009 at 09:28

yeah i know sorry!! i got like a 68 in spelling
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
07.01.2010 - 00:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 24.12.2009 at 09:28

No, he doesn't
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.01.2010 - 01:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Offspring and guttermouth are punk...

Kap'n listed some starting points for alternative rock.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.03.2010 - 07:48
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Some nice Alternative rock band, with a little (veery little) hints of punk is Lit.

I've heard two of their albums, ''Atomic'' and ''A Place in the sun'' and they are a nice soft rock band like the ones playing constantly in the radio.

They get some recognizment after the success of the song Over My Head in the soundtrack of the movie TitanA.E. It's worthed for some light-hearted moments
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
26.12.2011 - 15:31
Slayer666
Here's some nice Alt/Industrial rock for yo' asses.
WARNING: Video contains some pretty hot pussy.

28.12.2011 - 23:58
IronAngel
"Alternative" doesn't even mean anything, really. Sounding like Radiohead today is not an alternative, it's the norm. It's the same as "indie": how many Pitchfork pets are actualy independent? Most of them are on medium-sized labels, which in today's splintered music business are kinda like major labels.

You will have to be way more specific. "Alternative" can refer to rock, pop, metal, hip-hop, whatever. And even specified like that, it's extremely vague. Like Bitter said, the bands you mentioned aren't exactly alt-rock anyway.
31.12.2011 - 07:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Slayer666 on 26.12.2011 at 15:31
WARNING: Video contains some pretty hot pussy.

Over three-and-a-half minutes of video and not a single cat being filmed.

As for alternative... alternative what? You want alternative rock, metal...?

You could try Matthew Good Band, Ween, or Weezer, or Watchmen, Blur, Placebo, Muse, Jane's Addiction, Jimmy Eat World, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Verve (not just the fucking Symphony song), Our Lady Peace, Live, etc. etc. etc.

I used to listen to a lot of alt-rock between 12 and 18. I go back and listen to some stuff every now and again but I'm usually too busy with metal.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
31.12.2011 - 13:00
Slayer666
Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.12.2011 at 07:04

Over three-and-a-half minutes of video and not a single cat being filmed.

You must be blind, dear sir. There are cats all 'round, you just can't spot them because your eyes are too preoccupied by those ugly hags licking each other, having pillow fights etc.