Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 17.05.2006 - 15:37
No extreme metal forum without Cannibal Corpse

I hope there's no introduction needed with this band. And I also hope I don't have to give more arguments that Cannibal Corpse has made some very interesting cd's.
05.12.2006 - 21:46
Necronomicon
Account deleted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iv3HqRJP3w watch this
17.12.2006 - 06:19
Mega-Slayer
I really like the energetic and catchy work of their debut,but "The Bleeding" is spectacular.The bass work for one is extremely audible and Chris's vocals are very unique,has those interesting high pitched vocals,experimented on this album,Also his vocals are rather easy to make out.I also like the fact that Rob Barrett is on here,as I am a big fan of his work with Malevolent Creation and Solstice.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
20.12.2006 - 02:17
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Cannibal Corpse was one of the very first death metal bands I ever listened to. Although I adore the first four albums, I have just placed their new album "Kill" at the top of my list. I placed this album at the top of my list because I believe that would be the only album my parents would allow me to buy, as they would probably be disgusted by the artwork on all of the other albums.
20.12.2006 - 10:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
The new album 'kill' definitly has to be the best of the corpsegrinder stuff,'sebmerged in boiling flesh' is my favorite song. But I still like the Barnes stuff better, and im a really big fan of his newest project 'torture killer' great album put out there.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.12.2006 - 13:51
Incubuss
Account deleted
"The Cannibals" will be here in Bulgaria soon - 4th of March. It will be musical massacre ha ha ha.
Great band. True metal forever!
20.12.2006 - 18:36
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Today i was listening to albums i hadnt heard in a while and put on the 'Butchered At Birth' album ... fuck the drums got borring. Theres not much change through out album on the drums, which kind of made the album drag on.

Think when i first got it 6-8 months back i said 'Its a great album' or something like that... i know i usually do when i first listen to an album thats within the genre i like.... But now ive had a long break from it and had a listen to it again, I have to say because of the lacky of originality in the drum dept. i'd only give this album a rating of 7/10. The riffs are good and Barnes' growls are awesome... but again, the DRUMS!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
20.12.2006 - 19:59
Mega-Slayer
Written by Xtreme Jax on 20.12.2006 at 18:36

Today i was listening to albums i hadnt heard in a while and put on the 'Butchered At Birth' album ... fuck the drums got borring. Theres not much change through out album on the drums, which kind of made the album drag on.

Think when i first got it 6-8 months back i said 'Its a great album' or something like that... i know i usually do when i first listen to an album thats within the genre i like.... But now ive had a long break from it and had a listen to it again, I have to say because of the lacky of originality in the drum dept. i'd only give this album a rating of 7/10. The riffs are good and Barnes' growls are awesome... but again, the DRUMS!!

Definitley agree,he just pounds on the snare throughout,but that is what you expect from paul,all albums lack variety."Vomit The Soul" is so fucking great,the riff and solos,and hey its has Glen Benton doing a little backing vocals.
----

21.12.2006 - 01:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Paul is definitely the band's weakest link. He's the biggest reason why CC isn't in my top favorite bands. However, I've said this before, his double bass blast beats are grand.
24.12.2006 - 01:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dangerboner on 21.12.2006 at 01:05

Paul is definitely the band's weakest link. He's the biggest reason why CC isn't in my top favorite bands. However, I've said this before, his double bass blast beats are grand.

I woud say time
When thay wa syoung and full whit energy band was amzing, I like maybe first 3 albums, its death metal, but its full whit energy and ideas and a lot of thinks, but leither I dunno, i dont wanna say tahy are my fav band but I can lsiten album maybe once in month or year, but IMO nowdays thay balance only becaus ename
I had seen them libe in 1996 IMO or something, it was amazing, nowdays ehh momney waste
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.12.2006 - 14:37
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
To some point I agree with you K7, time is a factor in the quality of Cannibal Corpse's albums. Their earlier albums are more enjoyable than their later one's (I havn't heard 'Kill' so i cant coment on that), but the druns are still borring and the same... I'd agree with more what pyroleprechaun said... Paul is the weakest link... and yes the double bass blast beats are good.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
27.12.2006 - 04:30
Mandrake Scream
I used to hate Cannibal Corpse...but now i have to admit that Eaten Back to Life is a great Death album... The shredding guitar work into it its awesome...it has also got some "thrashy" taste into it, it pretty amazed me.

I've heard awesome opinions about "Kill"..but never had the opportunity to listen to it carefully, hope i can get it soon.

And by the way...since its the CC forum can someone tell me in which freaking album does the song "The Exorcist" comes...i love it but cann't never find it...
27.12.2006 - 05:32
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Mandrake Scream on 27.12.2006 at 04:30

And by the way...since its the CC forum can someone tell me in which freaking album does the song "The Exorcist" comes...i love it but cann't never find it...

The track "The Exorcist" appears on the Hammer Smashed Face EP... its one of my top 10 favourite EP's released
----

Hellcunt Smurf
27.12.2006 - 05:38
Mega-Slayer
I had the same experience as Mandrake here,Didn't like CC one bit,heard "Skull Full Of Maggots" and "Shredded Humans" and I was hooked.
----

27.12.2006 - 18:54
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
My experience was a little but simular. I hadnt bothered getting into them because of the 'hype' about them being so gorey and brutal and extreme ... kind of gave me the impression that they were a corney or something.
But then i checked out some of their stuff and liked it. I didnt find if mind blowing or the best thing i had heard, but I didnt mind it.

I only listen to them now every once and a while. Nothing really appealing to me that id want to listen to them more. As i said, I find the drums a tad borring and seem to make them drag on.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
27.12.2006 - 20:23
Mandrake Scream
Written by Xtreme Jax on 27.12.2006 at 05:32

The track "The Exorcist" appears on the Hammer Smashed Face EP... its one of my top 10 favourite EP's released

oh thanks man...haven't really seen that EP but gonna look for it...hope it's worth it

;D
And yeah...I agree with you, i like them but they're not the big deal. As some people consider them the greatest Death band...well at least not for me. Altough I've heard awful opinions about the Wretched Spawn i cann't really tell, since i haven't heard most of Corpsegrinder stuff. But i would never consider them to be a "bad" band.
28.12.2006 - 11:47
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
Written by Mandrake Scream on 27.12.2006 at 20:23

Written by Xtreme Jax on 27.12.2006 at 05:32

oh thanks man...haven't really seen that EP but gonna look for it...hope it's worth it

;D
And yeah...I agree with you, i like them but they're not the big deal. As some people consider them the greatest Death band...well at least not for me. Altough I've heard awful opinions about the Wretched Spawn i cann't really tell, since i haven't heard most of Corpsegrinder stuff. But i would never consider them to be a "bad" band.

They are not the big deal now...but they were back in '89 till '94...they were kick ass...now they have fell amoung the ordinary death metal bands...too bad...
28.12.2006 - 16:43
Assuming Tomb of the Mutilated and the Bleeding are the two consensus favorites, what do you think would be the third best album of these guys, or do you think that there is another album that is better than these two?
29.12.2006 - 03:32
Mega-Slayer
Written by theflyingmachine on 28.12.2006 at 16:43

Assuming Tomb of the Mutilated and the Bleeding are the two consensus favorites, what do you think would be the third best album of these guys, or do you think that there is another album that is better than these two?

I would say their debut is definitley in the top 3.My # 1 favorite effort from CC is "The Bleeding",some of their greatest work is featured on that album,"Fucked With A Knife","Stripped,Raped And Strangled" and "Pick Axe Murderers".Also I am a big fan of Rob Barrett,so him being on there is another plus.
----

29.12.2006 - 04:10
Written by Mega-Slayer on 29.12.2006 at 03:32

I would say their debut is definitley in the top 3.My # 1 favorite effort from CC is "The Bleeding",some of their greatest work is featured on that album,"Fucked With A Knife","Stripped,Raped And Strangled" and "Pick Axe Murderers".Also I am a big fan of Rob Barrett,so him being on there is another plus.

From what I heard, Eaten Back to Life seems like a polarizing album...either you love it or don't. Is there a reason why the album is that way, or do you disagree?
31.12.2006 - 01:04
Mega-Slayer
Written by theflyingmachine on 29.12.2006 at 04:10

Written by Mega-Slayer on 29.12.2006 at 03:32

From what I heard, Eaten Back to Life seems like a polarizing album...either you love it or don't. Is there a reason why the album is that way, or do you disagree?

I am not quite sure,it could be the fact that there isn't a whole lot of variety in the riffs or the drums,or maybe the fact the lyrics are quite childish,who knows,I myself think there alot of great things to offer,sure a little recycled riffs here and there,but there are many catchy ones that overshadow that.It can get a bit repetitive,so I usually only listen to 2 or 3 songs off of it,at a time.
----

03.01.2007 - 19:04
What is everyone's opinion of the best album with Corpsegrinder?
04.01.2007 - 04:39
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
I like Vile, Galery Of Suicide and Bloodthirst...but i shall choose one...and that one is Bloodthirst...but still a close call...
04.01.2007 - 06:15
spirit_inblack
harshhead
For me from the Corpsegrinder era it would be Kill, Vile, or the Wretched Spawn. These releases aren't even that great, but George does but on a good vocal performance, but like it has been mentioned before, the songs get monotonous after a while. The best Corpsegrinder era song for me is probably I Will Kill You. It's catchy and has good vocals.
04.01.2007 - 13:27
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
Actually from the same album, Dismembered and Molested, was the first "Corpsegrinder" song i have listened to....and was also one of the first Cannibal Corpse songs that i have listened to...
05.01.2007 - 01:28
Etn_KlrJ
Account deleted
Kill is awesome, ma favourite into Corpsegrinder era
27.01.2007 - 22:39
Philaenas
Account deleted
Hm I prefer the album Kill. And I like "Make Them Suffer" or "Murder Worship" .
27.01.2007 - 23:02
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Guys, dont kill me for what im gonna say but.... I have tried so many times to like Cannibal Corpse, but i didnt manage to . I have some friends who are fans, ive really done my best to get into it, but i cant. Maybe im not ready or made for that, maybe i didnt listen to the right songs, dunno.

Help, anyone ?
28.01.2007 - 05:34
Written by [user id=18405] on 27.01.2007 at 23:02

Guys, dont kill me for what im gonna say but.... I have tried so many times to like Cannibal Corpse, but i didnt manage to . I have some friends who are fans, ive really done my best to get into it, but i cant. Maybe im not ready or made for that, maybe i didnt listen to the right songs, dunno.

Help, anyone ?

There are quite a few death metal bands out there that I heard good things about and have tried to get into...but if I'm still not feeling it after awhile, oh well...music is supposed to be enjoyable. Some death metal does take more than a couple listens to appreciate, although I'm not 100% sure whether Cannibal Corpse would fall into that category.
But, if you really want to try to get into the band, The Bleeding is probably the best album to start with.
28.01.2007 - 16:39
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Written by theflyingmachine on 28.01.2007 at 05:34

There are quite a few death metal bands out there that I heard good things about and have tried to get into...but if I'm still not feeling it after awhile, oh well...music is supposed to be enjoyable. Some death metal does take more than a couple listens to appreciate, although I'm not 100% sure whether Cannibal Corpse would fall into that category.
But, if you really want to try to get into the band, The Bleeding is probably the best album to start with.

Ok, thank you, im gonna try again. I think i already have some songs from that album. But if i really dont get into it this time, im gonna give it up. And maybe someday ill come back to it. Thank you anyway.
28.01.2007 - 20:08
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by [user id=18405] on 27.01.2007 at 23:02

Guys, dont kill me for what im gonna say but.... I have tried so many times to like Cannibal Corpse, but i didnt manage to .

*pointing gun at head*

Nah, just kidding. Don't force the band in yourself. As long as you give them a try it is alright. An idealized Metalhead seeks knowledge and thus giving chances to the different bands is imperative. However, once you get to know them, liking or not the band will part from your own taste in music and, with that, no one can argue. You just need to know their place, their importance (if any) within the Metal world.

If you have already heard from this band, especially works from their early (Barnes) and latter period (Corpsegrinder), I doubt that there is much to suggest from this band to you; it isn't as if there is a dramatic change of musical style that does not go far from personal appreciation of musical quality. Nevertheless, give a chance to whatever you have not heard from this band and let us see what happens. Perhaps you will like a song or two, who knows? Or, as you have said in the following post to this one, maybe with time you will get to like them, so giving them a chance in the future can turn out to have you liking that which you didn't like at first.
----
Christless