Metal Storm logo
Charon - Band Update

Finnish metallers Charon have issued the following update on their MySpace blog:

"New decade brings changes to Charon and now it's good time to update the situation. There have been rumours among Charon fans and followers about the future of the band. Playfully it could be said that Charon was not able to escape the cold grip of ongoing recession and had to go through re-organization and layoffs.

After taking some time out last summer we were not able to tune our engine to the needed pace for the studio sessions. We had written a bunch of new songs during the last couple of years but were not able to put them on record. After a long pondering and going through different alternatives, it was inevitable that we cannot output the next album in this mood of confusion. As a consequence guitarist Pasi Sipilä has left Charon.

Charon will continue playing and writing songs as a quartet. At the moment we are looking forward to new working methods and finding new ways to surprise our fans and to challenge bandmates with no boundaries on style or sound. We would like to thank Pasi for all his work for Charon during the years and wish him good luck with music!

We were glad to notice on our November gig that fans still believe in our work. It really kicks us forward and gives us a reason to continue. Hopefully we will meet again soon!

We wish all our fans and friends great and interesting new year 2010! Charon will be entering the studio in March to record couple of new songs. Brand-new track will be released in March at our website in free internet dowload!"

(Also thanks to MaSTeMa)

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Charon
Posted: 08.02.2010 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 75 users
08.02.2010 - 21:56
Abattoir

Well nice to hear that they are still alive

Looking forward to the new album...
08.02.2010 - 22:05
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Looking forward to the new song Charon has been one of those bands I've missed for far too long.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
08.02.2010 - 22:32
addiction

Yeah good to hear from them. i am glad! at the same time though, they are not going to be the same band without pasi...i am pretty sure the sound will change and that could be good for the band and they can finally get the break they so rightly deserve, but at the same time it could be a bad thing and the sound change could lead them to mediocrity as is the case with sooo many other suomi metal bands....hopefully the first will happen!

at least something is moving...which cannot be bad.
----
alive in the superunknown
11.02.2010 - 10:59
Italics

The Dying Daylights was fantastic, Songs for the Sinners seemed kind of uninspired and same ol' same ol'. Hope they make a strong return with the new material.
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One

Hits total: 5211 | This month: 5