01. Intro
02. Ominous Worship Of The Divine
03. A Graveyard Night
04. Vehicle Of Stone
05. Astute Sceptre
06. Impaled By The Fundaments Of Our Time
07. Killing The Human Mind
08. Arisen From The Ashes

The brigades of Hell are once again preparing to siege the gates of Heaven. 2005's Dodens Evangelium caused major harm amongst the angelic lines, five years later commander Ondskapt has Arisen From The Ashes, gathering once again his legions south of Heaven.

Once again, like on their previous effort, the guitars work as the main atmosphereric factor, an unearthly, threatening and dreary aura overruns all compositions like a moving mist, following every step you make. The railway, neverending guitar riffing plants the seeds of hatred while the furious rhythm section makes them bloom in explosive ways, forging an impenetrable wall of sound that marches on and on. This time though, one may notice a sense of ominous melody appearing quite often, this doesn't mean Ondskapt surrender while slowing down the attack, they're misleading the enemy, like the calmness before the next bombardment. Acerbus howls in trance, cursing the heavenly tranquility, with his vocals floating all over the place as if they are flowing from one of the pits of Hell; “fire!”

With all these having been said, I find Arisen From The Ashes a pretty strong black metal album with the compositions succesing one another harmonically . Yet, Dodens Evangelium placed the peak at very high levels despite being only their second full-length and in my humble opinion this third release doesn't surpass it. And this is the only reason for someone to be disappointed, but apart from that the audience will pretty much enjoy Arisen From The Ashes, after all, it's pretty good. And so as to conclude, I'll say only one thing, "A Graveyard Night"!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written on 26.09.2010 by "It is myself I have never met, whose face is pasted on the underside of my mind."

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 118 users
26.09.2010 - 06:22
Thanntos

This album is a disaster compared to Dodens Evangelium. Just not that good at all :/
----
I will kill you so hard you will die to death.
26.09.2010 - 12:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Nice man, in fact yesterday I suddenly thought to myself: 'fuck eh, I still need to review that one!' Glad you did it though, cuz I didn't really have time for it. Sums my thoughts on it up pretty nicely.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.09.2010 - 12:45
Rating: 8
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Written by Lucas on 26.09.2010 at 12:40

Nice man, in fact yesterday I suddenly thought to myself: 'fuck eh, I still need to review that one!' Glad you did it though, cuz I didn't really have time for it. Sums my thoughts on it up pretty nicely.

Glad i was helpful and in thought manner as well
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
26.09.2010 - 19:53
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Nicely written review dude, some of us could learn from it
26.09.2010 - 20:11
Rating: 8
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Written by Carl Berg on 26.09.2010 at 19:53

Nicely written review dude, some of us could learn from it

*shy* thanks duderino!
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.

Hits total: 6253 | This month: 13