10. Crucifier Avenged
11. Rabid
12. Torn Through
13. Death Walking Terror [live] [German edition bonus]
14. Make Them Suffer [live] [German edition bonus]
15. Disfigured [live] [German edition bonus]

Additional info
Released in the following editions:
Limited box edition including Digipack & Zombie puppet.
Limited Digipack CD, including 4 bonus tracks.
Standard jewelcase edition.
LP + 7" on red vinyl, lim. + handnumbered to 500 units, the 7" includes the 4 bonus tracks.
LP, black vinyl, undisclosed number of copies.

The vinyl versions have a different artwork.

The Japanese edition includes 2 bonus live tracks.

A music video was made for "Encased in Concrete".

Engineered and mixed by Erik Rutan.
Additional engineering by Robert Caldwell and Brian Elliott.
Assistant engineering by Charles Godfrey, Jerry Ordonez, and Adrian Lozano.

Produced by Erik Rutan.

Recorded at Sonic Ranch Studios and Mana Recording Studios.
Mixed at Mana Recording Studios.
Mastered by Alan Douches at West Westside Music.

Artwork by Vince Locke.

Staff review by
Doc G.
Rating:
N/A
Wow! What a step forward Cannibal Corpse has made! Synthed orchestras, accordion, even some female operatic segments thrown in! This is clearly the dawn of a new era for this band, reinventing themselves into something far more intricate, dynamic and delicate than we've seen from them - or metal in general - for ages.

Read more ››
published 13.03.2012 | Comments (42)

Found in 45 lists
Top lists

Comments page 4 / 5

Comments: 128   Visited by: 1330 users
16.03.2012 - 14:31
sandisrd
Written by Author on 16.03.2012 at 14:21

Written by sandisrd on 16.03.2012 at 14:09

Just one thing remain!, next time try to spell words correctly (stupified, deliever, ules, frist), what is that?, your own language!...

amaiznig?

20.03.2012 - 09:52
Rating: 9
raymond2349
Best CC album so far!
23.03.2012 - 01:20
Rating: 8
Butters49
Damn, this album is actually pretty good!
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
24.03.2012 - 20:14
DeathMetal
I approve of this.
26.03.2012 - 00:19
Winterthrone
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.03.2012 at 08:24

Written by Author on 16.03.2012 at 08:21

Hey Marcel keep your negativity I will listen even more to Cannibal Corpse they proved themselves with cool riffs, drums, everything! If you dont like their style please leave!

You could have been blown away by them and apparently were. No problem there. To each their own. But to call their live show groundbreaking is totally ludicrous. What do they do live no other band has done before? They play live like any other band so there is no innovation there.

What the fuck...Their shows may not be groundbreaking, but they are just plain awesome...Thight as fuck, energetic and here in Quebec City the crowd always goes totally nuts everytime they play...Torture is a very good Death Metal album, I appreciate the rawer sound and songwriting this time around while Evisceration Plague sounded more polished.
26.03.2012 - 02:16
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Scourge of Iron = one of the most unholy riffs I've heard for some time
26.03.2012 - 02:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Winterthrone on 26.03.2012 at 00:19
Their shows may not be groundbreaking, but the rest of my post is irrelevant to the argument.

They're talking about a technicality. Someone stated Cannibal Corpse is a groundbreaking live act. Marcel questioned what about their performance is groundbreaking. The rest of us have yet to see a legitimate response.

I respect your opinion or whatever, but you're kind of pouring a line of fuel from one fire to another here.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.03.2012 - 12:42
MyNameJeff
It can be groundbreaking for some people. it's all about perspective. i hate that word
26.03.2012 - 20:06
Winterthrone
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.03.2012 at 02:38

Written by Winterthrone on 26.03.2012 at 00:19
Their shows may not be groundbreaking, but the rest of my post is irrelevant to the argument.

They're talking about a technicality. Someone stated Cannibal Corpse is a groundbreaking live act. Marcel questioned what about their performance is groundbreaking. The rest of us have yet to see a legitimate response.

I respect your opinion or whatever, but you're kind of pouring a line of fuel from one fire to another here.

And I like it that way baby!
Anyway, I was just pointing at the fact that CC live shows are awesome and I think Marcel likes to provoke arguments being anal about some words like groundbreaking. To me a band needs not to be groundbreaking to be a damn good live act. CC doesn't fit the groundbreaking category but he said CC were boring live, I said they were not boring at all...I don't see where your problem with my post lies , every single body on this forum does that...Pouring a line ofg fuel from one fire to another...LOL
31.03.2012 - 19:20
Rating: 10
Big-Al
Yeah, this is a great album... This is what the fans want from one of their all time favourite bands.. yeah, this is brutal... and a step forward for our old favourites, this is: TORTURE.

well worth buying.
----

I drink moosepiss
01.04.2012 - 22:57
Holy shit! This fucking album has crucified my soul and made my head explode with lust for more gore! Hell shit yes! Bought the last one at Best Buy today and wow, I must say its just amazing and godly!
02.04.2012 - 13:28
musicalkaratekid
I didn't really mind the last few cannibal corpse albums, but on 'Torture' the band seem to be fully revitalised, shredding and writing excessively brutal material like it's 1989. My particular highlights include 'Caged...Contorted' and the epic closer 'Torn Through', but you could really pick any song to support the fact that CC are still masters of what they do best. Sure, there is little variety here, but to me everything seems heavier, faster and nastier.
06.04.2012 - 12:11
Rating: 7
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
''The Strangulation Chair'' is really great .
----
Stop seeing things and people in a binary way. Everything has its own spectrum and complexity. Be patient and learn about the world.
18.04.2012 - 22:33
Zombie94
Torn Through is the best track on the album imo. As Deep As The Knife Will Go is another awesome one too. Really good, technical turn out from 'Corpse.
30.04.2012 - 00:15
eschaton
Account deleted
Fuckin great! the old school is back!!!
04.05.2012 - 20:02
ruiaqf
Account deleted
More of the same
14.05.2012 - 00:32
deityassassin
Account deleted
Only really heard Encased in Concrete and Demented Aggression off of it. Reasons arose that meant iTunes royally arse fucked me so I can't listen to it for virtually 4 weeks. I therefore have decided to boycott MP3 music and get this on LP. Loved the two tracks I heard though, real facemelters. Just got to get the vinyl past my parents now...
07.06.2012 - 03:49
I_Die_Often
I like it, but nothing has really stuck in my head after 3 spins.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
02.07.2012 - 20:32
Mattybu
I'm going to have to take back everything bad I've said about this album, now that I own it and it's getting some play time, I really like it. Cannibal Corpse is crazy consistent.
10.07.2012 - 10:49
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I dont like this one that much... almost no song is really great..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
10.07.2012 - 11:31
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Deadmeat on 10.07.2012 at 10:49

Then I suppose you would have despise "Evisceration Plague" incessantly. Or not? Well, Torture is a great release from over-weight guys and sounds much better than Plague. But, then I won't even deny your opinion claiming that you didn't like a single song because I think if you go for a more spins, probably, you will like to shift from your banter conclusion.
11.07.2012 - 10:41
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.07.2012 at 11:31

Written by Deadmeat on 10.07.2012 at 10:49

Then I suppose you would have despise "Evisceration Plague" incessantly. Or not? Well, Torture is a great release from over-weight guys and sounds much better than Plague. But, then I won't even deny your opinion claiming that you didn't like a single song because I think if you go for a more spins, probably, you will like to shift from your banter conclusion.

well i gave this album at least 10 spins. maybe 15 or 20 even. i just dont like it. i like riffs here and there as on demented aggression, as deep as the knife..., followed home then killed and caged contorted but when it comes to a whole song i dont like the other parts of them. on the other hand i like very much evisceration plague. it's a bit unconsistent but it contains some songs i like a lot. so the summary goes with plague... i also dont like that much the production of the album... it sound to me "we did it raw cause we had to".
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
11.07.2012 - 15:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Deadmeat on 11.07.2012 at 10:41
well i gave this album at least 10 spins. maybe 15 or 20 even.

This is the definition of a waste of time. You're not going to suddenly find new intricacies upon further listens - at least not that many. I mean it's Cannibal Corpse... probably the most digestible death metal band of them all.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.07.2012 - 00:19
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.07.2012 at 15:18

Written by Deadmeat on 11.07.2012 at 10:41
well i gave this album at least 10 spins. maybe 15 or 20 even.

This is the definition of a waste of time. You're not going to suddenly find new intricacies upon further listens - at least not that many. I mean it's Cannibal Corpse... probably the most digestible death metal band of them all.

well i disagree. i remember evisceration being very digestible to me but kill needed many spins cause at first sight i found it not that good. also, technicality is a huge factor of making an album not that digestible and CC have a lot of it. the fact that they are very predictable doesnt mean that they are also digestible...
----
16.10.2012 - 23:00
Rating: 10
cannibalhead
SCOURGE OF IRON!!!!!!!
17.10.2012 - 04:23
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I think part of really enjoying this album is listening to the lyrics.
01.02.2013 - 16:15
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
The same good old Cannibal Corpse, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Yes, it doesn't sound fresh and gets repetitive closer to the end of the album but it still contains some pretty good death metal songs, such as "Scourge of Iron", "As Deep as the Knife Will Go", "Intestinal Crank"...
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
02.02.2013 - 06:28
squidrick420
I first got this album expecting yet another Cannibal Corpse album, and that is what I got... kinda. They are showing signs of musical ability on this album finally, and I love the switch-up sound on Scourge of Iron. I saw them live about a week after the album came out, and their really long set was fine tuned and spot on to the album, only a bit better.
02.02.2013 - 07:35
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by squidrick420 on 02.02.2013 at 06:28

I first got this album expecting yet another Cannibal Corpse album, and that is what I got... kinda. They are showing signs of musical ability on this album finally, and I love the switch-up sound on Scourge of Iron. I saw them live about a week after the album came out, and their really long set was fine tuned and spot on to the album, only a bit better.

They have long had great musical ability, both in creating catchy, and at times, highly technical death metal. The small difference with this album is that vocals aside, the songs sound like they could have been created by different bands. For instance, "The Strangulation Chair" is a very different song sonically to say, "Demented Aggression". And "Scourge Of Iron" sounds very different compared to something like "Crucifier Avenged". That's what I love about this album, it still sounds like Cannibal Corpse, but there's much more variety on offer in terms of sonics between the different songs.
06.03.2013 - 22:44
nille
It was a very good album ... In my opinion much better than the previous album was composed of several ... It was also an excellent track record .....

Hits total: 28007 | This month: 3