Metal Storm logo
Band Profiles: Report Mistakes

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 15.03.2011 - 18:14
This is your place to report mistakes with our featured bands, in the same way as the last thread:

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3137
23.07.2023 - 19:02
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Roman Doez on 23.07.2023 at 18:42

I just added a bunch of Moonblood releases that were missing and most of them don't have a genre tag, as they were released after the band split up

Done.
Friendly reminder that you should always provide a source. There is no exception to this rule.
----
signatures = SPAM
23.07.2023 - 20:54
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by Starvynth on 23.07.2023 at 19:02

Done.
Friendly reminder that you should always provide a source. There is no exception to this rule.

Sorry for that, all my infos are from discogs. Should I put the source in the "comment on changes" box ? Because the "source of informations" box doesn't show up anymore when I add albums, which is what led me to believe it wasn't necessary anymore
23.07.2023 - 22:33
Zap
Written by Roman Doez on 23.07.2023 at 20:54

Sorry for that, all my infos are from discogs. Should I put the source in the "comment on changes" box ? Because the "source of informations" box doesn't show up anymore when I add albums, which is what led me to believe it wasn't necessary anymore

Don't be sorry, I thought the same thing like ten years ago.
It's confusing and of course people will assume a source isn't necessary anymore when the box for "source" disappears once you have enough points.
23.07.2023 - 22:35
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Roman Doez on 23.07.2023 at 20:54

Should I put the source in the "comment on changes" box ?

Yep. Just paste the URL there.
----
signatures = SPAM
06.09.2023 - 11:14
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Thorns are incorrectly labelled as industrial black metal on their first 2 demos, which were just regular black metal
06.09.2023 - 12:40
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Roman Doez on 06.09.2023 at 11:14

Thorns are incorrectly labelled as industrial black metal on their first 2 demos, which were just regular black metal

Fixed.
----
signatures = SPAM
08.09.2023 - 06:14
Nejde
CommunityManager
I don't know if this is a mistake or not but Gama Bomb are listed as being from Ireland. In truth they're from a town called Newry in Northern Ireland close to the Irish border. This would make their country of origin the UK. If they consider themselves Irish or British or specifically Northern Irish I don't know. So maybe leave them as being from Ireland?
----
Bow to the King Hercules!
08.09.2023 - 08:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Nejde on 08.09.2023 at 06:14

I don't know if this is a mistake or not but Gama Bomb are listed as being from Ireland. In truth they're from a town called Newry in Northern Ireland close to the Irish border. This would make their country of origin the UK. If they consider themselves Irish or British or specifically Northern Irish I don't know. So maybe leave them as being from Ireland?

Before your time here like 10 years ago we had same, but all Ulster bands was under Ireland. So all was refixed to UK.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.09.2023 - 11:09
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Nejde on 08.09.2023 at 06:14

Good catch. You're right that the band was formed in Northern Ireland and I have corrected the profile accordingly. However, only two of the founding members remain and the two most recent additions to their lineup are of Irish origin. More over, the band is Irish according to Facebook and Bandcamp, and vocalist Philly Byrne has publicly identified as Irish several times.

We can't ignore all that, and that's why the option to specify Ireland as the current country comes in handy.
----
signatures = SPAM
19.09.2023 - 21:48
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Art of Propaganda Records and AOP Records are the same thing. But, some bands like The Spirit list only "Art of Propaganda" while Finsterforst only lists "AOP". These two label categories need to be merged.
https://artofpropaganda.bandcamp.com/
19.09.2023 - 23:17
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by F3ynman2000 on 19.09.2023 at 21:48

Art of Propaganda Records and AOP Records are the same thing. But, some bands like The Spirit list only "Art of Propaganda" while Finsterforst only lists "AOP". These two label categories need to be merged.
https://artofpropaganda.bandcamp.com/

We're aware of this, but it's just the tip of the iceberg. As long as people fail to understand the principle of selecting a name from a list and prefer to add alternative spellings, there will be mistakes. A good example is the five different versions of 'WormHoleDeath' currently floating around the database...
Fixing this manually is not an option. I did this once trying to get rid of Bad English's creation "Unsinged", and it took countless hours.
Anyways, sooner or later we'll have to eliminate all the duplicates by means of an allocation table, so thanks for the heads-up.
----
signatures = SPAM
19.09.2023 - 23:52
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Written by Starvynth on 19.09.2023 at 23:17

We're aware of this, but it's just the tip of the iceberg. As long as people fail to understand the principle of selecting a name from a list and prefer to add alternative spellings, there will be mistakes. A good example is the five different versions of 'WormHoleDeath' currently floating around the database...
Fixing this manually is not an option. I did this once trying to get rid of Bad English's creation "Unsinged", and it took countless hours.
Anyways, sooner or later we'll have to eliminate all the duplicates by means of an allocation table, so thanks for the heads-up.

Sorry to hear that it's such a widespread issue. I wish you good luck sorting that all out someday!
20.09.2023 - 00:05
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by F3ynman2000 on 19.09.2023 at 23:52

Sorry to hear that it's such a widespread issue. I wish you good luck sorting that all out someday!

Thanks man!
BTW, your issue should be solved now. I tried a quick fix by merging both names into 'AOP Records (Art of Propaganda)', but I cannot guarantee that I included each and every band profile. Invisible profiles sometimes behave a little strange...
----
signatures = SPAM
20.09.2023 - 00:13
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Written by Starvynth on 20.09.2023 at 00:05

Thanks man!
BTW, your issue should be solved now. I tried a quick fix by merging both names into 'AOP Records (Art of Propaganda)', but I cannot guarantee that I included each and every band profile. Invisible profiles sometimes behave a little strange...

Neat! Thanks!
11.12.2023 - 09:57
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
There are two versions of Bumblefoot's album Uncool listed on discogs, and they have a different tracklist and cover art. The version we currently have on MS is the second one, so I'm wondering what we should do about that release
Link to each version here and here
11.12.2023 - 11:10
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Roman Doez on 11.12.2023 at 09:57

There are two versions of Bumblefoot's album Uncool listed on discogs, and they have a different tracklist and cover art. The version we currently have on MS is the second one, so I'm wondering what we should do about that release.

Having a re-release in our database was indeed totally uncool...
Artwork, release date and tracklist are now based on the original 2000 version.
----
signatures = SPAM
17.01.2024 - 18:45
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Any pettiness aside, why is Drowning The Light getting a Nazi pass? We nuked Abyssic Hate and Silencer for less. I don't get it.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.01.2024 - 20:21
nikarg

Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.01.2024 at 18:45

Any pettiness aside, why is Drowning The Light getting a Nazi pass? We nuked Abyssic Hate and Silencer for less. I don't get it.

It's not getting a pass, we are discussing it. Sorry if things don't happen automatically.

Patience is a virtue.
17.01.2024 - 21:04
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by nikarg on 17.01.2024 at 20:21

It's not getting a pass, we are discussing it. Sorry if things don't happen automatically.

Patience is a virtue.

Yeah for sure, just didn't seem that way by the way some albums/demos we're being deleted while the profile remained.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.01.2024 - 05:35
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
Drowning The Light's profile has been deleted for the aforementioned reasons.
----
"Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
18.02.2024 - 17:48
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Ved Buens Ende has the release Those Who Caress The Pale listed as both an EP and a demo, when the EP version is simply a reissue of the demo with an additional track
18.02.2024 - 18:37
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Roman Doez on 18.02.2024 at 17:48

Ved Buens Ende has the release Those Who Caress The Pale listed as both an EP and a demo, when the EP version is simply a reissue of the demo with an additional track

One can argue whether this is really a mistake. Technically, the bonus track is a new recording, and besides, we're talking about two different formats. Moreover, if it is a mistake at all, it's a very old one that I am reluctant to correct because for 15 years, no one has been bothered by it.
Deleting the demo or the EP would inevitably also erase the ratings. Additionally, there are quite a few users who have one or both versions in their collection and I would rather not change that.
----
signatures = SPAM
18.02.2024 - 21:28
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by Starvynth on 18.02.2024 at 18:37

Moreover, if it is a mistake at all, it's a very old one that I am reluctant to correct because for 15 years, no one has been bothered by it.
Deleting the demo or the EP would inevitably also erase the ratings. Additionally, there are quite a few users who have one or both versions in their collection and I would rather not change that.

Yeah that's why I brought this up here instead of filing the deletion form, wasn't sure what to do about the situation, but I can get behind your decision
11.03.2024 - 13:06
nonZero

The recently-added band Solipsist should have the genre tag 'Groove Thrash Metal' rather than 'Metalcore'. I enjoy both genres and have listened to them quite a lot, so can definitely say they don't have much in the way of Hardcore in their sound.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)