Metal Storm logo
In Flames - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed

Official press release

Last week we showed you the amazing artwork to the first single Deliver Us. Today we can for the first time show the artwork for the new album Sounds Of A Playground Fading which is also made by Dave Correia (http://www.playwithknives.com/):

We can also announce the tracklist for the new album:

01. Sounds Of A Playground Fading
02. Deliver Us
03. All For Me
04. The Puzzle
05. Fear Is The Weakness
06. Where The Dead Ships Dwell
07. The Attic
08. Darker Times
09. Ropes
10. Enter Tragedy
11. Jester's Door
12. A New Dawn
13. Liberation

Sounds Of A Playground Fading will be released on the following dates around the world:

June 15 - Sweden
June 17 - Germany, Austria, Switzerland & Norway
June 20 - UK, Benelux, France, Greece, Denmark, Portugal & rest of Europe
June 21 - North America, Spain, Italy
June 22 - Finland, Hungary
June 24 - Australia, New Zealand

The first single Deliver Us from the upcoming album will be released on the following dates around the world:

May 06 - Sweden, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, Australia & New Zealand
May 08 - UK
May 09 - Benelux, France, Greece, Denmark, Portugal & rest of Europe
May 10 - North America, Spain & Italy
May 11 - Finland & Hungary

More details about the single Deliver Us were previously reported over here.

Source: inflames.com
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 13.04.2011 by Sepulchre

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 39   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 408 users
13.04.2011 - 23:37
MechanisT
Account deleted
It just gets worse and worse and worse...
14.04.2011 - 00:01
malaikat
Well, the song titles are... uh... nice?
14.04.2011 - 00:34
Elio
Red Nightmare
Lol they are still talking about this Jester
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
14.04.2011 - 00:39
LoudBoy26
THIS SUCKS
14.04.2011 - 00:39
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Elio on 14.04.2011 at 00:34

Lol they are still talking about this Jester

A sly reference to Jesper, perhaps?
14.04.2011 - 02:07
iMorphball
Man, people are so critical!

I don't doubt that they'll put out good music. It's obvious that it won't be the next Jester Race or Clayman or anything like that, but, it'll be good music nonetheless!

I'm personally excited. \m/
14.04.2011 - 02:49
bluegreengod
Account deleted
That's some really badass album artwork! I just wish that us north america folks wouldn't have to wait until almost a whole week after the initial release. That's gonna be torture!
14.04.2011 - 02:51
The Voyager
The Table
I like the artwork. Who knows, this might be good. You guys really shouldn't judge things so quickly, without hearing absolutely anything from the album.
14.04.2011 - 02:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by The Voyager on 14.04.2011 at 02:51

I like the artwork. Who knows, this might be good. You guys really shouldn't judge things so quickly, without hearing absolutely anything from the album.

There wouldn't be a need for an update from the band every time something like artwork is unveiled if fans didn't judge it. The point is to create hype for the upcoming album, and if the artwork is generally considered to be a piece of crap, that's what people will talk about until they hear the music.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.04.2011 - 03:01
Lonniehaskel
A band doesn't have to write their pinnacle album in order for me to enjoy it (I'm a Keep of Kalessin fan, still), but seriously, In Flames hasn't written anything I've enjoyed in a decade.
14.04.2011 - 03:23
MeloDeathViking
As much as I hate the artwork and and song titles, I am still looking forward to this album.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
14.04.2011 - 04:31
Kuroboshi
Most of the titles smell really rancid, but "Jester's Door" seems interesting. I guess just that they chose to have the word Jester in some song title, gives me some hope.
14.04.2011 - 04:43
Crème fraiche
I actually kind of like the artwork. As for the song titles, I don't think In Flames has ever had cool song titles. Them, Dark Tranquility, and other Gothenburg bands have always had lame sounding song titles in my opinion.

One question, what is with the Jester theme in most of the albums? I'm not a real hardcore In Flames fan, but I'm just curious what its about.
14.04.2011 - 04:48
flamesoficarus
I was expecting a swing set in there somwhere
14.04.2011 - 05:35
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Well, at least there's no playground on the cover. No hope for this album though. We we we not so excited.
14.04.2011 - 06:15
Swietowit11
*waves magic wand and turns this post into the single and album release dates for Wintersun's "Time".
14.04.2011 - 06:34
silenius
Boring
14.04.2011 - 07:09
The Voyager
The Table
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.04.2011 at 02:53

There wouldn't be a need for an update from the band every time something like artwork is unveiled if fans didn't judge it. The point is to create hype for the upcoming album, and if the artwork is generally considered to be a piece of crap, that's what people will talk about until they hear the music.

Yeah, I get that, but drawing some kind of correlation between your like/dislike of the album art to your potential like/dislike of the music has never made sense to me.
14.04.2011 - 07:27
Crème fraiche
Written by The Voyager on 14.04.2011 at 07:09

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.04.2011 at 02:53

Yeah, I get that, but drawing some kind of correlation between your like/dislike of the album art to your potential like/dislike of the music has never made sense to me.

+1
14.04.2011 - 08:37
Fitlhy_Camel
WTF is up with people?? The song titles? Come one.. What have they got to do with anything?? And who can honestly say that the artwork isn't amazing? That's one of the most beautiful covers I've seen in a long time - art!
----
If my balls were on your chin, where would my dick be?
14.04.2011 - 09:09
Aeonfrost
Artwork ain't bad, i dunno why some people didin't like it. The song titles.....atleast they are better than COB's new album.
14.04.2011 - 09:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The artwork is nothing mindblowing, but it's certainly far from being amongst the worst album covers I've ever seen. As for the song titles, I never place to much emphasis on them without hearing the songs. I remember seeing the tracklist to Helloween's new album last year, and thinking a lot of the titles sounded stupid, but I love the album, so song titles alone rarely give an indication of overally song quality. Still, "Where The Dead Ships Dwell" is a great song title, Im also very intrigued by "Jester's Door". Even though I know it probably won't be about the band's mascot.
14.04.2011 - 10:03
Eeric
Account deleted
The artwork is very atmospheric, first thing that came to my mind is a poem, written by no other than Edgar Allan Poe, entitled The Raven. and that's a good thing. and for music, i know they will do a great job
14.04.2011 - 11:34
DarkSwan
Nice artwork.
14.04.2011 - 12:30
FeskarN
Cool artwork. Let's hope it's better than the previous album.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
14.04.2011 - 14:12
fazzeh
Oh well. I've come to love every album In Flames has made in its own way. The quality is open for discussion but I don't really care that much; it's a different band nowadays and I respect that.
14.04.2011 - 17:34
nilzardo
Account deleted
I wish they'd do a post-rock/ambient/crust/powerviolence/death metal/doom/stoner/psych/shoegaze/black metal/drone record.
14.04.2011 - 17:54
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
I like the artwork but I think I'm gonna hate the songs, the Jester thing is a desperate attempt to bring back old days IMO
14.04.2011 - 18:11
iMorphball
Concerning the album artwork, at least it doesn't feature a random Mexican dude running a muck in a dark forest wearing a pink warrior costume and wielding a plastic sword.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZTInxdsRKgc/S-9uKfmLSOI/AAAAAAAABjs/K6B271x1NA8/s1600/black+sabbath+paranoid.jpg

And, as for song titles, as long as they looking nothing like this, it'll be fine!
http://metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=36540&band_id=4430&bandname=Bakteria
14.04.2011 - 19:31
X5452
Account deleted
I love this artwork, it's simple yet detailed.

Hits total: 9923 | This month: 9