Metal Storm logo
Dragonland - New Album Details Revealed

Swedish power metallers Dragonland will release their new album - the third part of the "Dragonland Chronicle" trilogy - on November 18th via AFM Records. Musical actor Fred Johanson will play the role of the antagonist, with all three singers from Amaranthe - Elize Ryd, Jake E. and Andy Solveström - also set to make appearances. The visual artist from million-selling PC game "The Witcher", Damian Bajowski, will provide artwork for the album. He will be responsible for the cover and also make illustrations for the various locations in the saga.

Guitarist Olof Mörck commented: "To say I am excited about this album is a grave understatement! We were more than thrilled when both Damian Bajwoski and Fred Johanson accepted to contribute to this album. To have the album fully illustrated with majestic scenes and vistas from the story, and to have such a powerful and convincing voice in the role of the antagonist will lend a lot of credibility and depth to the final project! Our singer friends from Amaranthe also appear in minor roles, further developing the universe the story is set in."

"We really feel that our ambition to give our fantasy story a touch of depth, credibility and maturity paid off well! Lending influences from classical mythology, the best fantasy movies, video games and books, we feel that fans of the style who normally finds fantasy power metal to be too over the top and ridiculous could wholeheartedly enjoy this. We also have some further surprises for you before the actual album release, to keep your eyes open and your senses wary!"

Dragonland recently parted ways with guitarist Nicklas Magnusson and bassist Christer Pedersen. Taking over bass duties is Anders Hammer (Nightrage) and sitting behind the drums is Morten Lowe Sorensen (The Arcane Order, Submission, Amaranthe). Previous drummer Jesse Lindskog will handle second-guitar duties in the future.

Dragonland's fifth album was recorded at several different studios, with Jacob Hansen adding his magic touch to the mix at Hansen studios in Ribe, Denmark. Twelve songs were recorded during the sessions, and the music itself is based on a deep and emotional story, picking up where the band's second album, Holy War, left off nine years ago. The effort also includes a guest appearance by the legendary musical stage actor Fred Johanson.

Song titles set to appear on the new album include "The Tempest", "A Stranger I Know", "The Shadow Of The Mithril Mountains" and "A Thousand Towers White" and you can listen to the trailer of the album and a full-length demo of the song "The Shadow Of The Mithril Mountains" below.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Dragonland
Posted: 21.09.2011 by TheNordicGamer

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 96 users
21.09.2011 - 22:08
FeskarN
I'm really excited about this album. Hope it will be as good as "Astronomy", that album is a truly masterpiece.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
21.09.2011 - 22:45
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Written by FeskarN on 21.09.2011 at 22:08

I'm really excited about this album. Hope it will be as good as "Astronomy", that album is a truly masterpiece.

Yea, that album was pretty dope.

If this one's even close I'd be happy.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
21.09.2011 - 23:11
Enissa
Awesome news, and double awesome to know that Amaranthe members are gonna guest in this album...
22.09.2011 - 00:12
Minkaro
What about the instrumental sagas? They're my favourite thing about the band <_<
22.09.2011 - 01:26
Claus
This is great news. I hope I can get my hands on this!
22.09.2011 - 10:15
btbamfan20
Im so excited! now my insomnia won its battle to keep me up haha
----
Gerald Massey: "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
22.09.2011 - 11:38
Felezion
Finally! Most anticipated album of the year.
23.09.2011 - 03:25
Darkblazer
Wating... waiting!!.. Im too excited about a new epic album of this great band lml
01.10.2011 - 12:20
Luneth
Account deleted
Sounds good, Holy War was my favourite album of theirs, so I have high hopes for this. Been waiting forever

Hits total: 3524 | This month: 11