Metal Storm logo
Into Eternity - Announce Touring Replacement For Stu Block

Canadian progressive metallers Into Eternity have recruited the services of Amanda Kiernan (from The Order Of Chaos) to fill in for Stu Block, who joined Iced Earth, on the band's upcoming tours.

Tim Roth explained the choice: "I had all these guys who told me they could do the songs and hit the notes Stu could. So I had them try out and it was like, 'No way.' Nobody could do it. But Amanda's got this great voice... none of the dudes could hit the notes Stu could, so maybe it makes sense that only a chick can do it. Besides, she already fits in like she's one of the guys."

Amanda Kiernan commented: "At first, I was pretty intimidated. These guys are rock stars to me. There were times when I was sitting around with the guys, and then all of a sudden I'd get this little burst of energy because I reminded myself that I was sitting with Into Eternity. I couldn't pass up on the Into Eternity thing because I could never sit at home and wonder what could have been."

[Thanks to psykome?al? for the tip!]

Source: leaderpost.com
Band profile: Into Eternity
Posted: 13.02.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 99 users
13.02.2012 - 14:36
beyondtehdarksun

The idea of IE with female vocals makes me VERY curious.
----
"We are blind to the world within us, waiting to be born"
13.02.2012 - 14:44
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I found this story to be hilarious. Just proves how awesome Stu Block is. No man can replace him, so we need a woman!
13.02.2012 - 14:51
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by WorpeX on 13.02.2012 at 14:44

I found this story to be hilarious. Just proves how awesome Stu Block is. No man can replace him, so we need a woman!

Just what I was thinking His notes are pretty hard to hit even for girls... I mean, sure, I could hit them, but I don't think it would sound very good
----
7.0 means the album is good
13.02.2012 - 15:32
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Intriguing news
wonder how it would develop haha
----
loves 小巫
13.02.2012 - 17:40
strade

Very strange choice.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
13.02.2012 - 18:26
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by WorpeX on 13.02.2012 at 14:44

Lol. I thought the same thing when Scar Symmetry had to hire 2 guys to replace Christian. Man that's gotta be a huge ego boost for guys like Stu and Christian to realize how invalueable they are as vocalists. Can't wait to hear how well she does...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

13.02.2012 - 20:04
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
I have a bad feeling about this...
13.02.2012 - 20:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Introspekrieg on 13.02.2012 at 20:04

To be honest, I don't know what to think about this. I knew the Stu thing with Iced Earth would be bad...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.02.2012 - 00:19
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by BloodTears on 13.02.2012 at 20:10

Written by Introspekrieg on 13.02.2012 at 20:04

To be honest, I don't know what to think about this. I knew the Stu thing with Iced Earth would be bad...

Well, it's good for Stu's career... who knows what might happen with Into Eternity and how many more good albums are in them, this way he made a little bigger name for himself that might be useful for future projects when Iced Earth retires... if, in the meantime, he quits Into Eternity too.
----
14.02.2012 - 00:22
Skorcher

... weird. I wonder if Stu is gonna end up just doing Iced Earth. He seems to enjoy it and now they seem to be touring a lot more then with Matt.
14.02.2012 - 02:39
Wyrd

Maybe the band needs to take a step back and get Chris Krall back in and have him and Tim take over the vocals just like in the bands most outstanding "Buried in Oblivion". Lets face the truth, ever since Stu came, the music is just not as moving as albums like Buried or even "Dead or Dreaming". Stu quitting is not the end of the world.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
14.02.2012 - 04:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Milena on 14.02.2012 at 00:19

if, in the meantime, he quits Into Eternity too.

He's done with Into Eternity. I spoke to him yesterday about it. You'll have to wait for the interview for details though...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.02.2012 - 04:06
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Doc G. on 14.02.2012 at 04:04

He's done with Into Eternity. I spoke to him yesterday about it. You'll have to wait for the interview for details though...

I was hoping you wouldn't say that... but oh well, what can you do.
----
14.02.2012 - 05:00
psykometal
A staff guy...

I knew it. It was pretty obvious when he said in this news announcement that he is willing to help her whenever he is not busy with Iced Earth. Honestly I don't care, Into Eternity's last album was crap, maybe having a new female vocalist will help them and maybe not. I absolutely love Scattering of Ashes and Stu definitely brought an interesting aspect to the band but there was no way he was going to risk losing face with Iced Earth because his other band needs him back.

And Skorcher I'm pretty sure the reason they're touring more than with Matt is because Stu is much more free than Matt; Matt had a lot of family stuff and what not, which was the reason he left Iced Earth again.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

14.02.2012 - 09:37
Giza

Damn that's really sad news... The moment I heard that he was joining Iced Earth I just felt that this is bound to happen sooner or later.
It's just isn't possible to be in two bands and tour at the same time.
14.02.2012 - 10:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema

Written by Milena on 14.02.2012 at 00:19

if, in the meantime, he quits Into Eternity too.

Can't say I'm too surprised with that. To be, joining Iced Earth meant just that.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.02.2012 - 02:48
TrollandDie

After several thousand auditions to try and replace Stu Block:

''Into Eternity wil be changing their style from melodic death metal to ''tr00 kvlt Canadian black metal''.

Their first tour will consist of themselves, Deathday 666 and The Blackest of Black Satans''
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
15.02.2012 - 08:19
Purgatori☠

I've heard the new female vocalist. It's not that she's terrible, but I'm not going to like how different I.E. is going to sound with her. They should just rename the band since they're going in such a different direction.
28.02.2012 - 08:08
BuriedInOblivion

There's footage of Amanda preforming on Youtube and of the songs they play her pitch is off in like the high notes a fair bit. Also Tim is singing really of key a fair bit too.

Hits total: 3159 | This month: 2