Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - Update On 'Time II'

There's finally some news addressing the future release(s) from Wintersun. Even if we don't get a date, mastermind Jari Mäenpää felt the need to at least talk about some of the reasons why there's no release date confirmed for Time II now but the initial plan was to release it in early 2014. Time I was released back in 2012, of course.

Here's what he has to say: "Here's the reality. Time I & II and even couple of the next albums would have been out already, if I would have a studio. BUT I don't have a studio. Studio is like an instrument of making music and I don't have that instrument, so it's pretty fucking hard to make albums, especially as complicated as the Time albums are.

"Time II is in good place mixwise, it's sounding pretty damn spectacular, but there are still some difficult obstacles I'm battling with. Tuska Festival weekend is coming and I'm gonna get wasted! I've been working nonstop since January (and not just the Time II, new material and there's some other new things boiling under as well). So don't come ask me at Tuska 'when's Time II coming out?' hahah! Unless you buy me a beer!"

So, who knows when the next album will be out?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 25.06.2014 by FreddeSwede

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 78   Visited by: 637 users
25.06.2014 - 22:10
mz
Stop lying you shitty dishonest musician.
"Here's the reality. Time I & II and even couple of the next albums would have been out already, if I would have a studio" What a joke.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
25.06.2014 - 22:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
What a lying c**t at the time of Time I he said Time II was already finished but it turns out it wasn't. And btw a studio is not used to write music it is used to record the final version of an album.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.06.2014 - 22:14
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Hahahaha, people are still getting frustrated with Wintersun?
25.06.2014 - 22:18
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Asshole of the month! Haha. Angel Reaper where are you.
25.06.2014 - 22:19
X5452
Account deleted
This is getting a bit ridiculous, if he´s trolling everyone the fun is definitely over.
25.06.2014 - 22:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
This guy's even dumber than he thinks his fans are.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.06.2014 - 22:27
Erik M.
Holy shit, I've literally read all the updates on Time I a few years ago and couldn't believe he came up with all those ridiculous excuses.

What a total joke of a musician this guy is. He's got to be one of the greatest procrastinators ever lived. And talk about coming up with lame attempts to try to shift your attention from the real problem (his never-ending delay) by saying stuff like "Tuska Festival weekend is coming and I'm gonna get wasted!" and "Unless you buy me a beer!"

What a total loser, a disgrace as a musician and totally unworthy of his fans and the money he's making by selling his CD's and live shows.
25.06.2014 - 22:29
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
He probably has some mental problems, especially with his EGO.
25.06.2014 - 22:29
EmeraldSword
The George R. R. Martin of metal?
25.06.2014 - 22:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Hex_Omega on 25.06.2014 at 22:29

He probably has some mental problems, ...

He does come across as a compulsive liar.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.06.2014 - 22:34
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Hex_Omega on 25.06.2014 at 22:29

He probably has some mental problems, especially with his EGO.

In all seriousness, he might have some mental illness that's affecting his progress on the album.
25.06.2014 - 22:36
With all of these empty promises he keep making, he would have a successful career in politics
25.06.2014 - 22:41
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
He's definitely a pathological liar or has a massive inferiority complex. Jari is one of the biggest piece of shit musicians I can think of. What an unbelievable ass
25.06.2014 - 22:43
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Alex F on 25.06.2014 at 22:41

He's definitely a pathological liar or has a massive inferiority complex. Jari is one of the biggest piece of shit musicians I can think of. What an unbelievable ass

If he really suffers from such conditions, wouldn't they be the cause of his behaviour, rather than him being a piece of shit?
25.06.2014 - 22:49
Windir2010
What a bunch of whiny bitches you all are. How about this, get the fuck over it. It will come out when it comes out. He does not owe you anything ,least of which a rushed album that you all will also bitch about for being pushed through. Listen to something else ffs, there are PLENTY of other great bands to tide you over. You all make it seem like he is the only fucking musician in the world and you are being deprived of something necessary to live. What a joke
25.06.2014 - 22:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Windir2010 on 25.06.2014 at 22:49

What a bunch of whiny bitches you all are. How about this, get the fuck over it. It will come out when it comes out. He does not owe you anything ,least of which a rushed album that you all will also bitch about for being pushed through. Listen to something else ffs, there are PLENTY of other great bands to tide you over. You all make it seem like he is the only fucking musician in the world and you are being deprived of something necessary to live. What a joke

I think the issue here is not that people are being made to wait, it's that he's demonstrated that he's lied in the past and is in all likelihood lying again. If he owned a set of testicles he would just admit that he hasn't made the damn thing yet instead of making lame excuses.
25.06.2014 - 22:54
Windir2010
Written by [user id=4365] on 25.06.2014 at 22:51

I think the issue here is not that people are being made to wait, it's that he's demonstrated that he's lied in the past and is in all likelihood lying again. If he owned a set of testicles he would just admit that he hasn't made the damn thing yet instead of making lame excuses.

Every single person on this thread sounds like a baby. Who gives a shit, this isn't your girlfriend lying and saying she was out with friends when she was with some guy. If Time 1 was so good then you can afford to wait for the next,and if not then who gives a fuck anyway. Seriously, for being metal fans I have never encountered such lame fans as wintersun fans. You need to put your big boy pants on and stop being a bitch.
25.06.2014 - 22:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
@windir2010 most of us complaining and saying he is a lying f******d are people who have never given a flying fuck about WIntersun at all and don't even like the music.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.06.2014 - 22:56
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I agree with Windir - there are plenty of dishonest people in the world, and frustration doesn't change a damn thing.
25.06.2014 - 22:58
Sword_Chant
Kickstarter, anyone?! At least then he'd have a studio.
25.06.2014 - 22:59
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker

Man... Seriously? Time2 could be released in 2020 I don't care. What Im upset with are LIES. Time2 was supposed to be ready in 2012... suddenly he changed his mind and divide album to 2 parts, first part in 2012, second in 'EARLY 2013', now we have middle 2014 and this news... Come on man, this is REALLY unfair because we are being trolled since 2007 (yea Time2 was supposed to be out in 2007 or even earlier...) This whole situation is just ridiculous and because of that we are upset, that's all. What is the truth? Is this album ready? Is the studio a real problem? We don't know. Jari is not honest with us. The way he treat his fans is just wrong.
25.06.2014 - 22:59
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Sword_Chant on 25.06.2014 at 22:58

I guarantee Wintersun fans would pay to have Jari build his own studio
25.06.2014 - 23:06
Windir2010
Written by Hex_Omega on 25.06.2014 at 22:59

Man... Seriously? Time2 could be released in 2020 I don't care. What Im upset with are LIES. Time2 was supposed to be ready in 2012... suddenly he changed his mind and divide album to 2 parts, first part in 2012, second in 'EARLY 2013', now we have middle 2014 and this news... Come on man, this is REALLY unfair because we are being trolled since 2007 (yea Time2 was supposed to be out in 2007 or even earlier...) This whole situation is just ridiculous and because of that we are upset, that's all. What is the truth? Is this album ready? Is the studio a real problem? We don't know. Jari is not honest with us. The way he treat his fans is just wrong.

You do realize that Time was split into two albums because of the unrelenting fan pressure right? So you can blame the fans for that. Things change,unexpected events occurr. Are you really going to hold on to such a silly grudge over that? How does anyone know the circumstances of this? He is obviously a perfectionist but I remember him having multiple issues with gear and shit breaking down. I understand frustration, but seriously..hes a piece of shit musician? A arrogant asshole whos out to "troll" his fans? What a bunch of nonsense. Maybe this band attracts too young a fans, because I can't imagine anyone but 14 year olds getting this upset about a goddamn album being released. Grow up people.
25.06.2014 - 23:07
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.06.2014 at 22:12

What a lying c**t at the time of Time I he said Time II was already finished but it turns out it wasn't. And btw a studio is not used to write music it is used to record the final version of an album.

Ou,you know it better than himelf
25.06.2014 - 23:07
Sword_Chant
Written by LeKiwi on 25.06.2014 at 22:59

Written by Sword_Chant on 25.06.2014 at 22:58

I guarantee Wintersun fans would pay to have Jari build his own studio

Oh man, on second thought, maybe the Kickstarter thing is not such a good idea
25.06.2014 - 23:13
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Windir2010 on 25.06.2014 at 23:06

You do realize that Time was split into two albums because of the unrelenting fan pressure right? So you can blame the fans for that. Things change,unexpected events occurr. Are you really going to hold on to such a silly grudge over that? How does anyone know the circumstances of this? He is obviously a perfectionist but I remember him having multiple issues with gear and shit breaking down. I understand frustration, but seriously..hes a piece of shit musician? A arrogant asshole whos out to "troll" his fans? What a bunch of nonsense. Maybe this band attracts too young a fans, because I can't imagine anyone but 14 year olds getting this upset about a goddamn album being released. Grow up people.

I'm not saying he is a piece of shit or something like that but IMO he isn't a a perfectionist either. Perfectionist isn't acting like that. I think that there might be something bigger behind all of his problems with gear, cash, studio, etc but we simply don't know that and we probably won't know it.
25.06.2014 - 23:17
Ilham
Giant robot
25.06.2014 - 23:18
Eternity'sChild
I don't understand that bitching here at all, but I don't want to defend him. It's just some guy, somewhere in the world lied to you and it does .... actually nothing. But yeah, when he thinks this is the best way to tread his fans, he does not deserve the big support from his fans. In fact this is ridiculous, but at the same time, it doesn't really matter at all (at least I don't have to get a next Windersun album, because, like someone else here said, there's a big variety of other great and better music out there).
25.06.2014 - 23:20
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Eternity'sChild on 25.06.2014 at 23:18
Windersun

I'm not sure if that was an intentional pun or not
25.06.2014 - 23:23
Mattybu
Written by Erik M. on 25.06.2014 at 22:27

totally unworthy of his fans and the money he's making by selling his CD's and live shows.

I disagree with that, if the fans were really that upset by the dates of the albums being pushed back, I don't think they would buy them. Since a large number of MS users hate Wintersun, saying how horrendously despicable Jari is should be expected, but those people wouldn't have been interested in the album if it came out on Time (get it) anyways.

And especially as far as live shows go, getting up on a stage in front of hundreds/thousands of people is not an easy thing to do in and of itself, but you have to realize that the people going to those live shows aren't the MS users who think Jari is the human embodiment of Satan, they are fans and probably have an awesome experience there.

Not that I would defend him for constantly being shady and contradictory regarding album releases, that is very unprofessional. But at the end of the day there are people who love Wintersun for the music and saying he is unworthy of them doesn't make a lot of sense.

Hits total: 16992 | This month: 6