Metal Storm logo
Old Man Gloom - Recorded Fake Album, Two New Albums

It seems like Old Man Gloom trolled us all. It turns out The Ape Of God is two different albums. Confused? The Ape Of God is actually two new albums with the same album title but each a different album with their own tracklist. They are to be treated as two separate albums. Both albums are their own entities. The confusing part is that they recorded a fake version of the album for the press. Well, that's commitment! If you have the promotional version, you might end up with three different albums in the end. This should bring some publicity to the record.

Here is what the band posted on their Facebook page: "Guess what, assholes. The Ape Of God is two entirely different albums. If you downloaded some leaked shit, you don't have either. You have some bogus version we gave to press, cuz we knew those jerks would leak it (if you reviewed that fake record positively, thank you. We're just THAT good). We will always trick you. We will always trick you. We will always trick you."

About the fake version of the album: "To be fair we, Old Man Gloom spent a lot of time on the music and putting together the 'fake' version of the album. It is still music we believe in and 100% stand behind. We're not punishing anyone, and if you had fun with the record as we have with everything that has gone into it, then we've done our job. And also, anyone that did their research on Old Man Gloom should know that we're pranksters who are going to fuck with everyone all the time."

The albums are coming out on November 11th on vinyl via SIGE Records and on CD via Profound Lore Records.

Source: profoundlorerecords.com
Band profile: Old Man Gloom
Posted: 09.11.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 107 users
09.11.2014 - 14:21
Ilham
Giant robot
Wow. Who is their PR man? This is some A-level communication.
09.11.2014 - 15:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
In some way I hate such bands what fools, use names as A, B, C, bio is weird like ''all begins in the autumn when cosmos storms did something'' not form in years, and so on, its hard and pain in the ass for ms editing users and staffers/permers ... but such joke, fool all, besides fake leaked album its awesome, I don't like leaked, I like hear when its out like ''streaming in deciber magazine one week'' but leak and YT, download I don't like it before its out
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.11.2014 - 17:31
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
What....this is a lot of effort to put into a prank. That's pretty cool though I guess
09.11.2014 - 17:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I have a feeling these guys are going to be amongst the Temples announcements tomorrow.
09.11.2014 - 17:47
Ilham
Giant robot
I don't know. I don't care. What I read didn't make me want to care.
09.11.2014 - 17:55
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.11.2014 at 17:38
I have a feeling these guys are going to be amongst the Temples announcements tomorrow.

I'll kill you if those feelings are wrong.
09.11.2014 - 18:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.11.2014 at 17:55

I'll kill you if those feelings are wrong.

I better not bring a knife to a gun fight, then.
09.11.2014 - 18:46
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.11.2014 at 18:39
I better not bring a knife to a gun fight, then.

I was going to bring a bag of potatoes, actually.
09.11.2014 - 19:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.11.2014 at 18:46

I was going to bring a bag of potatoes, actually.

Oh, you play dirty do you? In that case I'm going to bring the wet celery and the cuckoo clock.
09.11.2014 - 20:01
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.11.2014 at 19:58
Oh, you play dirty do you? In that case I'm going to bring the wet celery and the cuckoo clock.

It's like one of my Japanese animes!
10.11.2014 - 00:38
Wukk

So they put a lot of effort into making a convincing and enjoyable fake, then said "haha joke's on you for leaking the fake, there are two real ones". The way I look at it, they made three albums and only told people about one. How is that a prank?
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
10.11.2014 - 05:44
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Wukk on 10.11.2014 at 00:38

So they put a lot of effort into making a convincing and enjoyable fake, then said "haha joke's on you for leaking the fake, there are two real ones". The way I look at it, they made three albums and only told people about one. How is that a prank?

Yeah, they kinda fucked it up with that part. After saying "Ha, we pranked you, we pranked you!" they ended up saying "to be honest, this is music we stand behind 100%". So yeah, three albums (or two? kinda confused with that) and they gave just one to the press.
The real prank would have been quickly recording an electro-pop album or sth.
10.11.2014 - 13:08
Zap
It would have been better if they either
1) purposefully made a bad album out of the "fake one"
2) put almost no effort into the "fake one"
Now they kinda failed the prank since some people still enjoyed the "fake album"

Hits total: 2747 | This month: 5