Metal Storm logo
Thurisaz - Announce Live Album/DVD

The Belgian atmospheric metal band Thurisaz are proud to announce their upcoming live album Live & Acoustic, due out January 24th through Sleaszy Rider Records. The CD/DVD was recorded and filmed in front of a live audience and with live strings on the 1st of March 2014 at a sold-out show in 'GC Forum' in Wervik, the band's hometown. Wrap yourself in and enjoy their cover of Anathema's "A Natural Disaster" below.

About the release, the band comments: "Thurisaz has always been more than just heavy songs with distorted guitars, growls and screams. There has always been a more softer and emotional side to Thurisaz. Often acoustic songs with mainly clean vocals and emotional lyrics. We never wanted to play those songs live before, because we felt that playing them amongst the heavier songs wouldn't do them justice. But throughout the years we realised that a lot of the fans also appreciate this other side of Thurisaz. That's why, in September 2013, we decided it was time for a new challenge: an acoustic show with all the songs we didn't play before. We didn't want to bring the songs too literally, we wanted to add something special that would raise the songs a few levels. The aim was to bring a total experience, in a cool venue, with live projections, an awesome lightshow and of course additional strings. It was also a chance to pay hommage to the bands that influenced us throughout the years. It took us 9 months of hard work, but in the end we gave birth to something beautiful that made it all worthwhile."

Live & Acoustic tracklist:
01. Symbols
02. Interlude I
03. Years Of Silence
04. Finality [Woods Of Ypres cover]
05. Never To Return
06. A Natural Disaster [Anathema cover]
07. Inner Voices
08. Interlude II
09. Broken
10. Fading Dreams
11. My Kantele [Amorphis cover]
12. Past Perfect

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Thurisaz
Posted: 16.12.2014 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 32 users
16.12.2014 - 22:11
Gothmog_Motsham
Oh man I will definitely be getting this one. Sounds incredible!
17.12.2014 - 11:09
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Cool Anathema cover. Not a big fan of the female vocalist but it got better with the male vocals. I like the arrangement.

Lovely song, obviously.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 2325 | This month: 6