Metal Storm logo
More creative during the day or during the night?

Original post

Posted by BloodTears, 10.04.2007 - 13:11
I was wondering if there is a specific pattern in your artistic productions, i mean if you have a certain period where you tend to be more inspired or with that urge to write/paint/play (whatever it is your artistic release). I just thought it would be interesting to know. In my case, for instance, is usually during the night that I tend to write more.

Share your thoughts on this please

Poll

When are you usually more creative?

during the night/evening
during the day

Total votes: 141
14.02.2011 - 22:59
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Night. Night. Night. My favorite period of creation was three summers ago. I had just recently purchased some metal albums (Mother Earth by WT, Oceanborn by Nightwish, The Black Halo by Kamelot and Consign To Obvlivion by Epica) and I would listen to them, while drawing or writing. I was a huge fan of manga back then and I practiced like crazy. I was still at school back then and didn't have to do anything during summer (could've worked, but fk that shit!), I felt so young, so hopeful and so free. I can still feel the warm breeze coming in from the window, as I sit behind the table with a pen and tens of pages of drawings. It was actually the best time I've ever had in my life, just myself, my art, my favorite music and the warm Estonian summer night. Life was great back then...
05.03.2011 - 00:03
Bulletdodger
During the day , since I mostly wander around at nights .
I write very rarelly , but when I do , I do it all day ( my record is 6 hours straight without any breaks ) . I ussually harbor an idea for months before writting the story down .
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
06.03.2011 - 01:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I definitely do most of my writing (poetry, not music) at night or at the very least in the evening. If I don't work the following day, I'll usually stay up until 3 or 4, which is when I'm able to really get in the zone.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.03.2011 - 22:33
Wilkinson
Definitely at night. I can't seem to do anything during the day save for sleeping. Plus the night is when (most of) the world shuts up so I can actually Listen and think without exterior disturbances.
----
Can you hear the Tales from the Ocean
Submerged cities and haunted wrecks
Can you hear the Tales from Nowhere
The wind will tell you, if you listen

After the Rain.. http://running-after-the-rainbow.blogspot.com
09.03.2011 - 11:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Wilkinson on 06.03.2011 at 22:33

Definitely at night. I can't seem to do anything during the day save for sleeping. Plus the night is when (most of) the world shuts up so I can actually Listen and think without exterior disturbances.

I agree but here in summer if you go to the forest its same feeling besides there no diference between night n day winter its dark at 14:00 , in summer sun never sets(ok 1h it is gone, but its day light) so there non diference for me anymore
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.03.2011 - 14:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I've been more creative during the night lately. That has somehow shifted over the years. It's usually during the night that I have more time as well to focus on the things I want to do outside of work.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.03.2011 - 21:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 09.03.2011 at 14:04

I've been more creative during the night lately. That has somehow shifted over the years. It's usually during the night that I have more time as well to focus on the things I want to do outside of work.

Work yyou mean work wher eyou go at day time and earn money?
In that case if I need go to work I need a sleep, I need maybe 16h per day to sleep and I can be up 20 , when I move out and be free days I will practice it and besides after any work , I need sleep, so Im criative at free time, I hate anykind a work, I just need million pounds to liove hapy life
----

apos;'
[image]
10.03.2011 - 14:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 09.03.2011 at 21:44

Written by BloodTears on 09.03.2011 at 14:04

Work yyou mean work wher eyou go at day time and earn money?
In that case if I need go to work I need a sleep, I need maybe 16h per day to sleep and I can be up 20 , when I move out and be free days I will practice it and besides after any work , I need sleep, so Im criative at free time, I hate anykind a work, I just need million pounds to liove hapy life

Yes, that kind of work lol

I have my work and so my free time is during the nights, that's when I try to be creative.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.03.2011 - 14:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 10.03.2011 at 14:04

Yes, that kind of work lol

I have my work and so my free time is during the nights, that's when I try to be creative.

where dop you work?
After such work I need sleepl, I need sleep 16 even 19 h per day
at monday I go sleep at 20:00 and next mnorning I hardly , YES hardly woke up at 10:00 and go sleep day time sleep 3 h at 14:00 and still I dont feel like Ive been sleeping enought
----

apos;'
[image]
10.03.2011 - 14:28
Yavanna
During the day I am creative with usefull things, and some of them make some sense. when I get home at night, I am too tired to think about anything, and when I go to bed the only thing that comes to my mind are morbid things
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
12.03.2011 - 19:28
Gathering Storm
Account deleted
It HAS to be night, it's my favorite time anyways, it just makes me more relaxed and it makes it easier for me to know everyone's asleep to be alone with myself and my thoughts. Day is just to hectic and active for my taste
16.03.2011 - 17:23
I prefer evening, when sun doesn't bright so strongly so you can relax without the annoying heat. In the Spanish summer it's quite difficult to be creative while you're trying to survive the weather!
16.03.2011 - 18:23
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by [user id=9761] on 12.03.2011 at 19:28

It HAS to be night, it's my favorite time anyways, it just makes me more relaxed and it makes it easier for me to know everyone's asleep to be alone with myself and my thoughts. Day is just to hectic and active for my taste

Exactly that^
20.03.2011 - 18:34
Yasmine
Night and winter get my thoughts going. A cold winter night is the best time.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
21.03.2011 - 12:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by consign2oblivion on 16.03.2011 at 17:23

I prefer evening, when sun doesn't bright so strongly so you can relax without the annoying heat. In the Spanish summer it's quite difficult to be creative while you're trying to survive the weather!

well in mine case its even harder in eve and night when T are much much colder and specely this winter when you cant stop put fire woods at fire place to heat a house
----

apos;'
[image]
21.03.2011 - 14:35
Written by Bad English on 21.03.2011 at 12:45

well in mine case its even harder in eve and night when T are much much colder and specely this winter when you cant stop put fire woods at fire place to heat a house

Wow! But that sounds like the perfect atmosphere! With wood burning and the fire crackling... >.<
21.03.2011 - 14:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by consign2oblivion on 21.03.2011 at 14:35

Wow! But that sounds like the perfect atmosphere! With wood burning and the fire crackling... >.<

and freezing specely like this winter, who was extremly cold -30¤C even more whole time ... not nice , but midnight walks in the forests is nice, also darkness come at 13:30 sun is no longer shine after it is awesome for poetry
----

apos;'
[image]
21.03.2011 - 14:54
Written by Bad English on 21.03.2011 at 14:45

Written by consign2oblivion on 21.03.2011 at 14:35

and freezing specely like this winter, who was extremly cold -30¤C even more whole time ... not nice , but midnight walks in the forests is nice, also darkness come at 13:30 sun is no longer shine after it is awesome for poetry

Awwwwwwwwww!! Maybe I'm really tired of sun here and that's why I see cold so perfect!! xDDDD
21.03.2011 - 14:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by consign2oblivion on 21.03.2011 at 14:54

Awwwwwwwwww!! Maybe I'm really tired of sun here and that's why I see cold so perfect!! xDDDD

ppl need sun, there no way we can live whit out it , more farer north sun never shines at winter and ppl are so depresed , it never sets on summer, but still we need sun even at winter and I hardly se eit since I cant wake up early at winter I sleep till 12:00 something
----

apos;'
[image]
21.03.2011 - 15:19
I agree with you... I love nordic countries, but I'm not sure I could feel ok in a country where sun doesn't shine so strongly... I'm used to this kind of weather...
Even though, in summer I'd prefer to go to such countries. Have you ever been in Spain in the summer? u.u
21.03.2011 - 17:40
Yasmine
The less sun the better for me. lol
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
24.03.2011 - 14:55
Himann
Orm KrigGud
I think I'm fairly creative in the night and also in the morning when I take a shower. Get all the best ideas during those times.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
24.03.2011 - 16:32
Yasmine
Written by Himann on 24.03.2011 at 14:55

I think I'm fairly creative in the night and also in the morning when I take a shower. Get all the best ideas during those times.

You get the best ideas taking a shower? I suppose for a man there's some freedom involved in that. HAHAHA
----
24.03.2011 - 20:10
Ragana
Rawrcat
Hey, I have the same thing. XD I always solve problems or simply decide what to wear when I take a shower.
24.03.2011 - 21:11
kokosho
Well maybe it's not about day or night maybe it's just about relaxing and ppl usually relax at night cuz it's usually hard to think when ppl is around that's why my vote goes for the night
26.03.2011 - 13:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 24.03.2011 at 20:10

Hey, I have the same thing. XD I always solve problems or simply decide what to wear when I take a shower.

I hate shower, It paralise my mussles and make sme so week, specely bretahing is hard, there is moitser like in sauna, werry hunit I hate it, I prefere shower if there like a room not those cabins, it doesn meen I dont wahs, but simply I need 30min to rets after it ...Im weird
----

apos;'
[image]
27.03.2011 - 23:33
whatsacow
I prefer night. There's just a certain atmosphere to it. I do all my writing (well typing) in the dark with something like coldworld, Ahab, or Earth on in the background if I'm writing the darker bits of a story, while anathema, or Maudlin of the Well for more tranquil, or surreal passages.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
31.03.2011 - 23:57
Yasmine
Written by whatsacow on 27.03.2011 at 23:33

I prefer night. There's just a certain atmosphere to it. I do all my writing (well typing) in the dark with something like coldworld, Ahab, or Earth on in the background if I'm writing the darker bits of a story, while anathema, or Maudlin of the Well for more tranquil, or surreal passages.

I've been working on songs right here while talking to you guys, I even thought about posting a GPro file fresh and we could all write a song, haha did it once before way way back on the Kamelot forum.
----
01.04.2011 - 02:59
wormdrink414
Elite
I think early morning and late night creativity might have something to do with the subconscious poking through more easily when sleep is close. Don't know though. Don't even know if I believe that subconsciouses exist. Haven't done much reading on the subject. Freud is... impenetrable.
01.04.2011 - 03:44
whatsacow
Written by Yasmine on 31.03.2011 at 23:57

Written by whatsacow on 27.03.2011 at 23:33

I've been working on songs right here while talking to you guys, I even thought about posting a GPro file fresh and we could all write a song, haha did it once before way way back on the Kamelot forum.

You should! I'd be very interested to hear it. I'd do the same, but I only have the demo of GPro 6, so I can't save anything
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?