Metal Storm logo
Adagio

24.05.2006 - 03:22
#~|CoP Return|~#
Account deleted
Well I search into the engine and I was stunned to see that no Topics have been created about Adagio!

What is Adagio would you say? In few words Adagio is for me the best metal band from France!

They play a great Symphonic prog/power inspired a lot by Symphony X known as to be their mentors. They released three album 'Sanctus Ignis' 'Underworld' and 'Dominate'.

The leader and spirit of the band is a french genius called Stephane Forte and is the guitar player of the band and composer!

Recently Adagio sacked David Readman (singer) and replaced him with Gus Mosanto a brazilian singer for IMO the best because Gus i just awesome in the new album...

Well let's here what you all people have to say about this band and please just don't post 'I Like Them' or 'They Are good'
09.06.2006 - 05:31
MetalSpider
Cant believe no one has responded! What an excellent band. All of their albums kick ass. Stephane Forte is a genius. They are, like you said, similar to Symphony X (the influences are clear) but they are also more aggresive. Stephane even does some death vocals (and some pretty good death vocals for that matter) in the later albums Underworld and Dominate. Its a great addition.

Anyone who likes Symphony X will definitely like this. They are all excellent musicians. Just listen to the solo's that Forte does...amazing! Definitely France's best metal band.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
10.06.2006 - 00:43
Dam3k
I have just one song T_T I cannot reach more stuff by them, anyway it's awesome!! And YE, very similar to Symphony X and that's one of my favourite bands so I think I could like this one a lot, it's a shame I cannot get so much stuff could u share or something PLZ?? =)
----

10.06.2006 - 19:07
Horlequism
Account deleted
Adagio is an amazing band...I love how they mix orchestration with power metal and progressive metal...I know that they borrowed the whole neo-classical progressive power metal thing from previous bands, but they've made the sound their own...their best album was their first one...Sanctus Ingus...they're new album is alright...not the best...
10.06.2006 - 20:03
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
well, their music doesn't really work with me... As much as I love Symphony X, I find Adagio boring after a few tracks. I agree it's amazing music, with technicity, talent... I respect them because of their musical skills (in particular Stephane Forte) but I don't enjoy their music... I guess it can't work with everyone :
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
07.09.2006 - 22:12
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i have their two first albums, both masterpieces, and i've heard the third is alot more agressive?
please tell me more about it
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
29.09.2006 - 20:59
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i´v heard it now, and i must say that i was happier before i did,

the growls just really dont fit in in my opinion,
apart from them being absolutely boring and average they distract from the wonderful rest of the music

there are some passages (the ones that sound like the first two albums) that i enjoy alot,
however the "newer" sound certainly isnt for me :/
----
30.09.2006 - 02:29
Bitch Boy
I agree with Bas2, the earlier works were amazing, the newer aren't that good though. But, I saw a couple of live videos and they have very good sound, I would say that their live sound is better than Symphony X (anyway, I still prefer SX).
01.10.2006 - 14:20
KUFFAR
Account deleted
Great prog band.

I love the Album: Sanctus Ignis

That album kicks ass!@

The last one wasnt as good as this one (2001)
03.10.2006 - 11:58
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
The first album shits on the second album, i love Sanctus Ignis, had that album for a long time now, still love it. I havent heard Dominate yet.
03.10.2006 - 12:48
Hellish Star
I really like this band. They released three good albums. I had the chance to see them once at stage and they were very good...

@dark cornatus: what does it mean: Helstar - 20 plays?
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
04.10.2006 - 23:56
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Hellish Star on 03.10.2006 at 12:48

I really like this band. They released three good albums. I had the chance to see them once at stage and they were very good...

It means thats how many Helstar songs i listened to on my computer on that week (it updates every week)
05.10.2006 - 00:03
Hellish Star
Written by Dark Cornatus on 04.10.2006 at 23:56

It means thats how many Helstar songs i listened to on my computer on that week (it updates every week)

Great to see you like Helstar Watch out for the new Vicious Rumors album, which will be released this month. James Rivera is on vocals and he did (again) a hell of a job!
----

05.10.2006 - 00:07
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Hellish Star on 05.10.2006 at 00:03

Written by Dark Cornatus on 04.10.2006 at 23:56

Great to see you like Helstar Watch out for the new Vicious Rumors album, which will be released this month. James Rivera is on vocals and he did (again) a hell of a job!

I will check it out man, James has an amazing voice, im looking into it now!

Apologies to the thread for going offtopic.
06.10.2006 - 08:42
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
The sound on the new album does become quite monotonous after a few listens, imo it was a bad move from their original approach. My favourite tracks would have to be their demos that were available on the limited edition of Sanctus Ignis and the cover of "Immigrant Song".
13.11.2006 - 21:32
Hellish Star
I'm listening to "Dominate" once again. This must be the best progressive (power) metal album ever released in Europe...
----

14.11.2006 - 03:13
danzig111
Account deleted
I'm hearing them for the first time now! They're not bad......they remind me of Evergrey in some ways. I like their music
14.11.2006 - 06:26
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
If they remind you of Evergrey, then Adagio would be a better version of Evergrey...
14.11.2006 - 18:53
Hellish Star
Evergrey????? I don't hear Evergrey in it. What I hear is Symphony X and Cacophony....
----

14.11.2006 - 23:43
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
well i suppose it's compareable to Evergrey if you only know Dominate because it's more of a "dark" album, and Evergrey also make "dark" progressive music... but further i don't see that much simialarities either... both are great bands anyway though
----
15.11.2006 - 01:13
danzig111
Account deleted
I was actually leaning more towards the guitars when I made that comparison.

Well I'm downloading some MP3's from their "Sanctus Ignis" album right now.
15.11.2006 - 13:54
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
that's my favourite of the three, check out The Stringless Violin, in my opinion one of the best songs i ever heard in progressive music
----
15.11.2006 - 14:34
danzig111
Account deleted
@Bas2: i got that song. I like "The Inner Road" much though, nice instrumentation !
09.01.2007 - 23:52
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Underworld is a masterpiece is my favorite of them , Sanctus ignis and Dominate are really good too but i think the first singer is better
----
Stay Metal !!!
28.03.2007 - 08:49
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Hellish Star on 13.11.2006 at 21:32

I'm listening to "Dominate" once again. This must be the best progressive (power) metal album ever released in Europe...

Absolutely agree with you, man.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
29.03.2007 - 20:06
Bash'
:)
hmmm... I dunno if anyone else me feel even they play really good music .. but I never could complete lsning a complete album at once!! I just feel my ears needs to take a break from the tone they always play on..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
29.03.2007 - 23:15
Bitch Boy
Written by Bash' on 29.03.2007 at 20:06

hmmm... I dunno if anyone else me feel even they play really good music .. but I never could complete lsning a complete album at once!! I just feel my ears needs to take a break from the tone they always play on..

Well, in my case Adagio is a band that sometimes I really love, but sometimes I get bored of them, especially because they aren't that original and sound pretty close to Symphony X, one of my top fav bands. But I think I can deal with one whole album without turning it off.
24.05.2008 - 12:15
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I guess very few people like Dominate. That's probably because everyone got used to the old sound and everyone loves them just for that. As for me, the last album just kicks ass. And just love every innovation in the sound on it.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

31.05.2008 - 13:47
KMR
They'll release another album this year.. I heard there were some line-up changes, I'm really courious the effect, I hope Stephen won't fail - anyway he never failed so I'm looking forward for this album.
----
Nothing is sacred.
01.02.2009 - 10:39
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
The new album has leaked out... to be frank I wasn't impressed after the first listen. Gonna give them a try again this evening maybe.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner