Metal Storm logo
The Car Thread

16.08.2007 - 22:55
Remus
Ok, so i looked for a car thread and found nothing. So here it is. (if there actually is another one i haven't seen, well, then the "search" feature sucks, or i'm just a pooh pooh!).

So you can talk about what brands you like, if you own a car, describe it and just talk about anything related to cars.

Post away petrol/metal-heads!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
16.08.2007 - 23:20
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Im gonna get license in few weeks i hope, if I pass the driving exam, and for a first time, I will be driving Yugo LOL, if you dont know what like is that car, than youre a lucky man!!
----
16.08.2007 - 23:29
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Written by Stalker on 16.08.2007 at 23:20

I will be driving Yugo LOL, if you dont know what like is that car, than youre a lucky man!!
But you can always make it to look like this:

16.08.2007 - 23:35
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by UnholyMenace on 16.08.2007 at 23:29

Written by Stalker on 16.08.2007 at 23:20

I will be driving Yugo LOL, if you dont know what like is that car, than youre a lucky man!!
But you can always make it to look like this:

LOL man, LOL!!!! If that one is yourse, Id like to borrow it, hahaah! Its almost same as mine though, just hqave bigger wheels!
----
16.08.2007 - 23:36
Remus
Yes lucky i am! Fortunately i passed my driver's last year so i don't have to worry. I passed mine second time round tho, the first time they said i wasn't checking my blind-spots sufficiently!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
16.08.2007 - 23:41
UnholyMenace
Psycho
@ Ed Hunter - No, it's not mine. I don't even have my own car at the moment (don't have the right amount of free resources).

I also passed my driving test after the second try.
16.08.2007 - 23:42
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Remus on 16.08.2007 at 23:36

Yes lucky i am! Fortunately i passed my driver's last year so i don't have to worry. I passed mine second time round tho, the first time they said i wasn't checking my blind-spots sufficiently!
OK, Ill use that as a tip!! Hope I will pass first time, cos its pretty expensive if you must do it more times...
----
17.08.2007 - 00:14
Remus
Hey, if metal players could be cars, what models would they be?

Angela Gossow - Maserati Quatroporte

Angela is quite pleasing to look at, as is the Maserati, yet she can really deliver mindblowing performance just like the 4.3 V8 in the italian sports car.

Cristina Sccabia - Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2

Both Italian, both posses superb shapes, yet when performance is on demand the Alfa's puny 2.2l engine struggles to pull the body around, just like Cristina's voice is totally not in the same league as her appearnce.

Lars Ulrich - Ford Mustang

Lars is renowned for being such an awesome heavy metal drummer, still he only displayed skill in MoP and ...And Justice for All. The same goes for the Mustang, there is such a big hype about it, but when it comes to power output per litre it is outgunned even by the Honda Prelude V-TEC.

Herman Li - Bugati Veyron

The Dragonforce lead axe-man has tremendous skill - shredding, sweeping, pinching, trilling/tapping - still he writes music which ultimately lacks soul. The Bugati also has tremendous skill - 16 cylinders, 0-100 in 2.5s, max speed 407 km/h - still, it lacks the aural charisma of an italian V12 screamer or soul of a german high performance coupe (Porsche 991t).
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
17.08.2007 - 00:26
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by UnholyMenace on 16.08.2007 at 23:41

@ Ed Hunter - No, it's not mine. I don't even have my own car at the moment (don't have the right amount of free resources).

I also passed my driving test after the second try.

How come you know about Yugo?? Was there some import in Estonia, or Internet is responsible to that??

@Remus - hahah, nice man, you showed knowledge both in cars and metal music, but im not expert at all, to continue your list!
----
17.08.2007 - 02:31
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I don't have a car, or even my liscence, but I hope to get my liscence in a few months, after I turn 18. I can't really get a car yet because I am unemployed, which really blows. But as for what kind of car I want, I would like a Shelby Viper mustang, that would be pimp as hell.

As for what my first car will ACTUALLY be, however, I probably will get a full sized van, so I can transport Music equipment and stuff for my band, which also has yet to come into being. lol.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
17.08.2007 - 02:35
tulkas
el parcero
i belive there was another thread like this... bah!
anyway, my dad's car, which is the car i drive when i need it and my dad allows me is a Renault Logan, which in europe i belive its sold under the Dacia brand. it's not the fastest and best looking car out on the road, but i like it and it works just fine, and that's all i care about
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
17.08.2007 - 10:05
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Written by Stalker on 17.08.2007 at 00:26

How come you know about Yugo?? Was there some import in Estonia, or Internet is responsible to that??
Actually I have never seen one in real life. I know the car because I have seen pictures before and the name sounded very familiar - and yes, internet is also a very powerful instrument.
17.08.2007 - 10:28
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
@ Ed Hunter - they used to sell Yugo's in the UK , before your war.

But now we have too many regulations on dangerous emissions etc and they can't be sold here .

When I get my computer working properly again I will post a pic of our car - a Ford Sierra Cosworth.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
17.08.2007 - 12:44
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by hanna of steel on 17.08.2007 at 10:28

@ Ed Hunter - they used to sell Yugo's in the UK , before your war.

But now we have too many regulations on dangerous emissions etc and they can't be sold here .

When I get my computer working properly again I will post a pic of our car - a Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Hahah, yes they were exported to USA too, even can be seen in few movies LOL, one is that with Bruce Willis, when he drives one LOL , and other is somrthing "who killed Mona" - the woman had 2 or 3 yugos, and if i remember correct, died in one because of brakes failure LOL.

And also during communist regime they were imported in Egypt, some sare still on the strets....
----
17.08.2007 - 21:38
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
I have somewhere heard that in USA if you have bought some expensive car you get one Yugo for free, I don´t know if that is true so you who are from USA and if you know more about that correct me if I´m wrong, and i also think that Yugo got the tittle of the worst car ever made.
19.08.2007 - 22:05
Remus
Written by Arian Totalis on 17.08.2007 at 02:31

But as for what kind of car I want, I would like a Shelby Viper mustang, that would be pimp as hell.

Ok, i don't have much knowledge about American cars but i do know that Ford makes the Mustang and Dodge makes the Viper. The Shelby was a hotter version of the Mustang if i recall...
Anyway the Mustang has a V8 engine while the Viper has an 8.something L V10 - so you see, they are 3 quite different cars, you can't just say i wish for a " Shelby Viper mustang " ! But u probably knew that
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
20.08.2007 - 01:18
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Guys!!!! My driving license test is in TWO DAYS!!! Hahaha... I'm so afraid... I drive well though, compared to my friends and other people I saw driving... I am still quite nervous. It gets worse and worse every day. I didn't worry much before my final highschool exams, but I am now, for this stupid license. Wish me luck!!!

And if I get the license, I'll be driving this next year, as soon as I save 1500 euros, I will buy it from my aunt :

26.08.2007 - 18:36
Remus
^^ Good Luck!

Let's see, that's a Renault, right? Now what model is that...
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
26.08.2007 - 21:25
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
Written by Remus on 26.08.2007 at 18:36

^^ Good Luck!

Let's see, that's a Renault, right? Now what model is that...

It´s a Renault Twingo
26.08.2007 - 22:11
Remus
^^I see. Here we only get the Clio, Megane, Laguna and Vel Satis passanger vehicles. It looks quite funky, like it was designed to be a "city car".
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
26.08.2007 - 22:14
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by [user id=18405] on 20.08.2007 at 01:18

Guys!!!! My driving license test is in TWO DAYS!!! Hahaha... I'm so afraid... I drive well though, compared to my friends and other people I saw driving... I am still quite nervous. It gets worse and worse every day. I didn't worry much before my final highschool exams, but I am now, for this stupid license. Wish me luck!!!

And if I get the license, I'll be driving this next year, as soon as I save 1500, I will buy it from my aunt :

AND?? Did you have any succes???
----
27.08.2007 - 03:11
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
And yes, It's a little Twingo . The cheapest and best car for poor students . And guess what.... I GOT MY LICENSE! I EVEN HAD THE BEST GRADE! I OWNED EVERYONE!
31.08.2007 - 01:00
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by [user id=18405] on 27.08.2007 at 03:11

And yes, It's a little Twingo . The cheapest and best car for poor students . And guess what.... I GOT MY LICENSE! I EVEN HAD THE BEST GRADE! I OWNED EVERYONE!

Congratulations!
----
31.08.2007 - 01:06
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Written by Stalker on 31.08.2007 at 01:00

Congratulations!

Thank you . I'll take everyone for a ride in my car, when I get it . Interested? I'll go to Serbia just for that.
31.08.2007 - 01:11
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by [user id=18405] on 31.08.2007 at 01:06

Written by Stalker on 31.08.2007 at 01:00

Congratulations!

Thank you . I'll take everyone for a ride in my car, when I get it . Interested? I'll go to Serbia just for that.

Really? Than be my guest!
----
31.08.2007 - 18:25
Baz Anderson
Staff
I've just started learning to drive myself..
it was a week ago I first got in a car in the drivers seat. hahahaha
it was awful at first, I didn't enjoy it and was very nervous but my last lesson I spend driving around everywhere and it was much better..
so hopefully I am learning..

if I do learn to drive I will be able to DRIVE to Nottingham and DRIVE back after shows instead of getting a train there and a taxi costing the earth back..
31.08.2007 - 18:26
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Written by Stalker on 31.08.2007 at 01:11

One day, I'll travel all around Europe, and visit every Metalstormer that wwants to meet me . Shall I write your name on the already very very long list?
01.09.2007 - 21:17
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by [user id=18405] on 31.08.2007 at 18:26

Written by Stalker on 31.08.2007 at 01:11

One day, I'll travel all around Europe, and visit every Metalstormer that wwants to meet me . Shall I write your name on the already very very long list?
Yes,of course!!
----
01.09.2007 - 23:04
Ernis
狼獾
We started producing semi-biological fuel now....it's basically spirit brewed from potatoes and other plants mixed with some fossil fuel diluted in it....this fuel emits much less CO2 than ordinary gas and the excess CO2 will be consumed by the plants which grow to produce more biological fuel of them....this fuel can only be used by specially designed vehicles and this can be bought only in certain petrol stations......at least it's a start.....
01.09.2007 - 23:41
Baz Anderson
Staff
There are also hybrid cars that run half on petrol and half on electricity - these are the best for distance and fuel consumption
it's just I bet they are expensive.. not in the budget of someone my age