15 images in 1 set

User: Ivor
Date: 23.09.2021
Linked article: -
Linked event: Amenra: European Acoustic Tour 2021

Amenra

Posted on 23.09.2021 by I shoot people.

Sometimes, I also write about it.

And one day I'm going to start a band. We're going to be playing pun-rock.

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 51 users
03.10.2021 - 15:44
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
staff
So... How was it?
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
03.10.2021 - 17:02
Ivor
Staff
staff
Written by RaduP on 03.10.2021 at 15:44

So... How was it?

I've never seen them live before. Nor really heard any of their albums. However, it was one of the most intimate atmosphere's I've witnessed at such concerts. The only other that readily comes to mind is when Danny Cavanagh form Anathema was doing a solo show with his guitar and guitar loops. Or maybe a similar Antimatter show. Would say it was a blast though that'd be an unfortunate choice of words... but you get the gist.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
03.10.2021 - 17:44
nikarg
staff
Nice photos, Ivor. Amenra is one of the most compelling live bands I have ever seen. Their audience cannot help but be completely absorbed by the show. Regardless whether you like their music or not, if they play near you, go watch them.
03.10.2021 - 18:12
Ivor
Staff
staff
Written by nikarg on 03.10.2021 at 17:44

Nice photos, Ivor. Amenra is one of the most compelling live bands I have ever seen. Their audience cannot help but be completely absorbed by the show. Regardless whether you like their music or not, if they play near you, go watch them.

I wasn't planning on going. Discovering that it's acoustic is was what triggered me. Now that I've witnessed the total silence of the show and the performance they put in, I'll likely visit their full show if one comes my way.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
03.10.2021 - 20:22
Zap
Written by nikarg on 03.10.2021 at 17:44

Agreed. I rarely listen to their studio albums, but have seen them live like ten times at this point. Not one dull show. If there is an opportunity to see them, I take it.
06.10.2021 - 17:08
Deadsoulman
elite
Interesting. I think I mentioned in another thread that my last Amenra concert was a rather underwhelming experience because the vocals distracted way too much from the rest and sort of killed the atmosphere. Seeing everyone praise their live shows makes me wonder if that was maybe the venue's fault (it is not exactly renowned for its perfect sound).
30.10.2021 - 19:59
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Deadsoulman on 06.10.2021 at 17:08

Interesting. I think I mentioned in another thread that my last Amenra concert was a rather underwhelming experience because the vocals distracted way too much from the rest and sort of killed the atmosphere. Seeing everyone praise their live shows makes me wonder if that was maybe the venue's fault (it is not exactly renowned for its perfect sound).

Where did you see them last time? Cos' I did dislike my first Amenra show, couldn't stand the vocals, but it was at Hellfest in 2012 or 2014. When I saw them afterward at Hellfest 2018 or at the (old) Rex in Toulouse, it was awesome - almost as good as a Year of no Light show (a band I still do prefer )
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
04.11.2021 - 15:21
Deadsoulman
elite
Written by Darkside Momo on 30.10.2021 at 19:59

Written by Deadsoulman on 06.10.2021 at 17:08

Where did you see them last time? Cos' I did dislike my first Amenra show, couldn't stand the vocals, but it was at Hellfest in 2012 or 2014. When I saw them afterward at Hellfest 2018 or at the (old) Rex in Toulouse, it was awesome - almost as good as a Year of no Light show (a band I still do prefer )

Last time was that Rex show you mentioned. It's funny, I was pretty sure you agreed with me at the end of that show. I must have mixed things up, but who the hell approved my views on CHVE's vocals that evening then?
10.11.2021 - 12:31
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Deadsoulman on 04.11.2021 at 15:21

Last time was that Rex show you mentioned. It's funny, I was pretty sure you agreed with me at the end of that show. I must have mixed things up, but who the hell approved my views on CHVE's vocals that evening then?

Memory probably smoothed things on my part? I'm still not a fan of the vocals, so I probably did criticize them a bit, but I'm sure that I enjoyed the Rex show much, much more than the first Hellfest one (where the vocals ruined it, which wasn't the case in Toulouse)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"

Hits total: 1053 | This month: 9