Metal Storm logo
The Black Dahlia Murder - Vocalist Trevor Strnad Dies

Michigan-based The Black Dahlia Murder shared tragic news about the loss of their vocalist and founding member Trevor Scott Strnad. He was 41 years old. Rest in peace.

The band's statement is the following: "It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Trevor Scott Strnad. Beloved son, brother, and Shepard of good times, he was loved by all that met him. A walking encyclopedia of all things music. He was a hugger, a writer, and truly one of the world’s greatest entertainers. His lyrics provided the world with stories and spells and horror and whimsy. It was his life to be your show."

While no official cause of death has yet been revealed, the band shared the phone number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at the end of their post.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Black Dahlia Murder
Posted: 12.05.2022 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 310 users
12.05.2022 - 08:26
Derelict Earth

Devastating... RIP
12.05.2022 - 08:56
Khold Baroness

Rest in peace
12.05.2022 - 09:01
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Sad news RIP
12.05.2022 - 09:16
MahoDM
Dumbass
He was so young
Rock with Dio, Chuck and the others
Rip
12.05.2022 - 11:59
kam1kaze

Damn shit, I still can't believe it. DEP
12.05.2022 - 14:07
Nejde
CommunityManager
What a horrbile night to have a curse... RIP Trevor.
12.05.2022 - 15:51
MarlKarx

So damn sad. This dude was not only a great guy but also helped up and coming bands a lot. He will be missed.
12.05.2022 - 15:54
Majohadica

RIP Travor
12.05.2022 - 17:01
Grouch Douglas
Enigma
I'm so damn upset about this. TBDM was one of the bands that got me into extreme metal when I was 13. This is the worst news to me since when Alexi of Children Of Bodom died. RIP Trevor.
12.05.2022 - 19:31
A Real Mönkey

I always thought Trevor had one of the most distinct voice in death metal, so much so that I could even pick him out when he guessed on an Aborted song or even a freaking Kanonenfieber song. RIP one of the best.

"To my brothers who've fallen before me, I will walk with you again."
----
"Change the world. My final message. Goodbye."

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
12.05.2022 - 20:28
Qualeen

I'm in shock. I just got into TBDM in April. I listened to them a ton. I was thinking to myself "how dope it would be to attend a show of theirs". At no point did I consider that something like that could happen so soon. As others above pointed out, he was so young. Rest in peace man
----
So imminently visible - this cloaked innocent guilt
Sentenced to a lifetime, a second of structured chaos
Trampled by the ferocious, raging crowds of solitude
I'm the soil beneath me soaking up the sustenance of my own death.
[Meshuggah]
12.05.2022 - 21:02
s(AINT)

This is tragic news, especially considering the alleged cause of death.. The amount of outpouring from his fellow metal musicians goes to prove what a great and genuine guy he was, but even the best guys aren't protected from mental health issues..

Please check on your friends and family who struggle because that phonecall/message can make a huge difference to them and potentially save a life.

Rest in power, papa Trev \m/
12.05.2022 - 21:28
MyNameJeff

Rest in peace, this is tragic.
13.05.2022 - 00:30
IBlackened

Sad news. I remember the first time I listened to Unhallowed/Funeral Thirst. I was just getting into death meta/deathcore and it blew my mind.
----
Their old stuff is better.
13.05.2022 - 01:18
OpethFlames

Wow, I just seen TBDM in March and did they kick ass! Trevor looked like he was having a great time while performing and interacting with the audience. Crazy seeing him two months ago and now he is gone, RIP.
13.05.2022 - 02:48
Ocean Sage

What a tragedy. He was a killer vocalist. I've always heard these guys were all really nice too.
13.05.2022 - 08:15
VikinkiQc

Whoa this is shocking news ! Met him one time after a show in Québec City and seems to be à great guy ! Thoughts to his family ! Rip man !
13.05.2022 - 09:08
koob

RIP... the sound of my 20ies
13.05.2022 - 10:23
simone

Just read about it and i am shocked. Saw them a bunch of times before the pandemic and was looking towards seeing them again in the future. Listened to them since Unhallowed. He was such a sweet and open guy. Thinking about his friends and family too.
13.05.2022 - 18:17
VikinkiQc

Whoa this is shocking news ! Met him one time after a show in Québec City and seems to be à great guy ! Thoughts to his family ! Rip man !
31.12.2022 - 22:01
Starvynth
i c deaf people
When I look back at 2022 with all its horror stories, the death of Trevor Strnad was probably the biggest shock for me personally, at least within the heavy metal world. I always had the feeling that Trevor was "one of us" and not an aloof rock star. Trevor was a true metal fan who, despite his personal fame and success with TBDM, always remained down to earth and could still get really excited when there was a new underground band somewhere in the world to discover and support. I'm sure no American death metal musician has done as much for the underground scene in the last 10 years as he has, his numerous guest appearances and countless tweets are witness to his endless dedication to the music.
The fact that he did not die of natural causes but ended his life by his own hand makes everything even sadder. How desperate must he have been in his last hours that he saw only this one and final way out?
What a terrible loss...

I don't want to sound too sentimental, but there was a time when TBDM had a pretty big impact on the development of my musical taste. When I stumbled upon Deflorate in 2009, melodeath had degenerated into the most boring music genre ever. The Gothenburg scene was only a shadow of its former self, and most bands were copying each other and courting sales and MTV airplay with a sound watered down by cheap keyboard noodling and way too much clean vocals.
The Black Dahlia Murder, however, had a very different approach. They brought fresh energy and spontaneity back into the scene and reached a whole new level of aggressiveness through their hardcore influences that I hadn't heard since At The Gates' Slaughter Of The Soul. They definitely helped me find fun in melodeath again.

Thanks for that, Mr. Strnad!

RIP
----
signatures = SPAM

Hits total: 3336 | This month: 11