Metal Storm logo
The Last Concert You Attended

Original post

Posted by Deadsoulman, 16.10.2007 - 09:33
Ok people, like the old one, this is the place to tell us your latest concert experiences!

I'll start by pasting my last message in the old thread:

I saw Behemoth, Kataklysm, Aborted and Lyfthrasyr on Sunday.

As I may write a report about this one, I won't say much. Just that Kataklysm, and above all Behemoth, were amazing. Really. Absolutely amazing. I've been blown away, even if it was the third time this year I was seeing Behemoth live (after the No Mercy fest and the Hellfest). But, as headliners, they are even better.

Ok, I'll just give you the setlists of the last two bands, for those who care
Setlist Kataklysm:
Like Angels (Weeping The Dark)
Let Them Burn
Ambassador Of Pain
The Resurrected
Crippled & Broken
Serenity In Fire
1999:6661:2000
Where The Enemy Sleeps...
Beyond Salvation
As I Slither
Face The Face Of War
Manipulator Of Souls
In Shadows And Dust

Setlist Behemoth:
Rome 64 C.E.
Slaying The Prophets Of Isa
Antichristian Phenomenon
Demigod
From The Pagan Vastlands
Prometherion
Conquer All
Christgrinding Avenue
Drum Solo
Slaves Shall Serve
As Above So Below
Summoning Of the Ancient Gods
Christians To The Lions
Decade Of Therion
Chant For Eschaton 2000

Encore:
I Got Erection (Turbonegro cover)

To reply to another post in the old thread, both bands played approximately 75 minutes.

Next to come is Enslaved and Keep Of Kalessin tomorrow
15.11.2014 - 12:43
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Alcest and Opeth yesterday, very good show! Happy with the setlist from both bands
14.12.2014 - 15:14
Wukk
Maybeshewill, with support from Flood of Red and Waking Aida. I'd always had this preconception that post-rock wouldn't be enjoyable live, but a friend of mine convinced me that this would be worth going to. Turned out to be one of my favourite shows in recent memory (although I'm always saying that after a concert) - a breath of fresh air from the standard metal concert. Everyone in the room was loving every moment and there wasn't really any disconnect between the stage and the crowd, or any sense of ego whatsoever. Felt like what live music should really be about.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
14.12.2014 - 16:44
Risto
Wandering Midget
Ghost Brigade at sold out Nuclear Nightclub last night. Solid gig, even though Electra Complex still needs some time to properly translate the vibe to a live setting. Also, Elämä on tulta is as killer a live song as I expected. Go see them if they come near you!
14.12.2014 - 20:25
Totenlieder
Cannabis Corpse and Mammoth Grinder
At a place called the Loading Dock.
Which is literally an actual loading dock.
Other than it being really cold it was a rad show.
----
Blut & Krieg
17.12.2014 - 13:36
toxx
Supreme being
Haven't been to any concerts lately. Last concert i attended was Orange Goblin at Parkteateret in Oslo. (When St. Vitus was supposed to play, but Wino got caught with meth on the border).

Orange Goblin is a pretty good live-band! They delivered the goods, playing a longer set of almost 1,5 hours!
20.12.2014 - 04:56
Wukk
Written by Risto on 14.12.2014 at 16:44
Ghost Brigade at sold out Nuclear Nightclub last night. Solid gig, even though Electra Complex still needs some time to properly translate the vibe to a live setting. Also, Elämä on tulta is as killer a live song as I expected. Go see them if they come near you!

I'm sold. Really want to see them now. Trouble is, nobody I know is into them and I don't really want to go alone. Looks like it's time to spam my friends with GB.
----
21.12.2014 - 12:59
Angry Chair
Went manchester academy on a couple of days ago and saw Shining and Marty friedman open for Arch Enemy and Kreator, the shining and friedman played together and did an epic cover of king crimsons "21st century schizoid man" it was amazing. Arch Enemy did an amazing set and prefromed fantastic with the new singer and Kreators set was immense, they played all the best ones pretty much. Kreator even did a cover of "number of the beast". Overall incredible show. Has anyone else been to see the Kreator/Arch enemy tour?
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
21.12.2014 - 19:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
I saw At the Gates, Grave and Morbus Chron about a month ago.

Morbus Chron has released one of the best albums of 2014 and they really delivered a great show with it. Grave, well, I have respect for their cult status and all. But I actually prefer Grave's later albums, think the first ones blend into the same song and that's also my opinion about their show. Can't believe that other countries got Triptykon instead of Grave...

At the Gates were just awesome. They're so fucking tight, you can really tell that these guys have played with each other for a couple of years, albums and tours. I'm so glad I got to see them finally.
----
21.12.2014 - 19:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Angry Chair on 21.12.2014 at 12:59

Has anyone else been to see the Kreator/Arch enemy tour?

I've never seen them together but I've seen them on their own. Although it was a long time ago. I saw Arch Enemy 2006 and Kreator 2007. But I still remember both shows as being some of the better I've attended. Although I have a hard time seeing those two on the same tour. But I saw Kreator with Watain and Celtic Frost opening, and I guess that's a pretty odd combo too.
----
22.12.2014 - 13:01
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Wukk on 20.12.2014 at 04:56

Written by Risto on 14.12.2014 at 16:44

I'm sold. Really want to see them now. Trouble is, nobody I know is into them and I don't really want to go alone. Looks like it's time to spam my friends with GB.

If this isn't convincing enough, I don't know what is

22.12.2014 - 16:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 21.12.2014 at 19:47

Written by Angry Chair on 21.12.2014 at 12:59

Has anyone else been to see the Kreator/Arch enemy tour?

I've never seen them together but I've seen them on their own. Although it was a long time ago. I saw Arch Enemy 2006 and Kreator 2007. But I still remember both shows as being some of the better I've attended. Although I have a hard time seeing those two on the same tour. But I saw Kreator with Watain and Celtic Frost opening, and I guess that's a pretty odd combo too.

AE whit old singer, somehow I don't like Alica , I dunno why
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.12.2014 - 20:27
Wukk
Written by Risto on 22.12.2014 at 13:01

That video makes me sad. Sad that I'll never see that live in a crowd of Finnish people who know all the words.
----
23.12.2014 - 16:41
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Not metal but I saw Steve Hackett (Genesis) on December 6th at the Orpheum Theater in LA.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
13.02.2015 - 14:13
Wukk
Written by Risto on 22.12.2014 at 13:01

They're playing in London tonight. I forgot. Oops.
----
18.02.2015 - 07:49
Deathmaster
Machine Head, @ a venue called Woolys. The turnout was great, Excellent pits, no openers, and Machine head played for two and a half hours. It was a great show, although Rob Flynn's vocals were definitely rather weak. Other than that no complaints here.
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard
27.02.2015 - 03:22
jenniferum
Heh, this is a good one - I went to see a symphony orchestra a couple weeks ago - Stratovarius' bassist had written a song and they played it together. So it was not the typical classical concert - at all! But they also performed some...well, stuff not to my liking. However the stuff with the bassist was very cool. The concert was videoed (?) too and they released it online so can be watched free, not the full thing though, just the song Lauri Porra wrote. So anyone into a weird mix of classical and metal, or just die hard Strato fans like me, you can check it at http://www.classiclive.com/porra-entropia

(the concert was in Finland btw, and I believe Lauri is the grandson of a classical composer, so that might have affected his decision to do this).

Besides this, my last concert was as long ago as last October - went to see HIM!
07.03.2015 - 10:53
Totenlieder
I wasn't able to see Jucifer in Salt Lake so I went to the show in Ogden the next day.
They only played a few songs because they were taking so much electricity it almost shut the whole bar down.
A short but one of the most memorable shows I've been to so far.
Really nice people as well. Picked up their latest album and a shirt.
----
Blut & Krieg
30.03.2015 - 13:37
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Yesterday I was at a Sabaton + Avatar show. Avatar was first out; not very familiar with them but they did play pretty good live actually! Pretty energetic liveband.

Yesterday was actually the sixth time I saw Sabaton (was a huge fan of them before), not very into them anymore but decided to go when they came to town. It was a fun evening, however, I could instantly feel something was missing during the first song of their set "Ghost Division". They now use a keyboard backing track, which was recognizable. Sounded very "machine-y" and everyone had to follow the keyboards. IMO, I've seen better shows with them. But all in all we had a fun evening
06.04.2015 - 23:25
Krankheit
Account deleted
Misþyrming, Sinmara and Svartidauði at the Inferno festival club night in Oslo.
09.04.2015 - 07:37
Mad Arab666
The last band I saw was behemoth, decapitated, grand magus and Winterfylleth. It was on December in 2014. Really not had much opportunity to see any live bands due to work.

On a side note I wish more bands would come to the midlands instead just coming to London. (I really need to learn to drive)
----
Bring up the wolves head!
23.04.2015 - 10:34
Ganondox
Nightwish in Salt Lake with Delian and Sabaton as openers, and the first metal concert I've actually attended. Now I finally see why people like Sabaton so much, they're are an absolutely fantastic live band. At the end of the show this 10-year old girl tossed them a poster saying "Sabaton is awesome" and then they invited her up on stage for their final song.
05.05.2015 - 19:43
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Karmøygeddon 2015, awesome stuffs.

I saw:

In Mourning
Taake
Swallow The Sun
U.D.O
Wintersun
Kvelertak
Kalmah
Equilibrium
Jorn Lande / Trond Holters Dracula Swing Of Death
Hammerfall
Arch Enemy

Best for me was Kalmah as I've been a fan of them for quite some time now, and finally they came to Norway for their first time. Was so lucky to meet them afterwards as well, amazing experience for me
13.05.2015 - 17:34
Kristiko
I watched Slipknot with KING810 at Budapest in the beggining of February. I watched Slipknot for the second time and it was ok, I was in a stands so I couldn't really be active except for a headbang or two.
24.05.2015 - 14:10
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Yesterday I saw The Ocean, and they played through the whole Pelagial album, all I got to say is: WOW! What a live band, incredible performance. The singer had a great stage presence and was really crazy, like there weren't that many people at the show but he jumped right out to the crowd, trusting all the drunktards in the public that he wouldn't fall to the ground (he was extremely close sometimes hah!). Really great musicians as well, they just gained a new fan! Also bought Pelagial digipack and a t-shirt
14.06.2015 - 20:50
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I just went to see Steven Wilson last night at the Wiltern in Los Angeles. Really fantastic show and it was my second time seeing him perform (last time was with my ex-girlfriend back in 2013).
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
18.06.2015 - 10:23
Krankheit
Account deleted
Susanne Sundfør and Röyksopp at Bergenfest. The Susanne Sundfør gig was pure magic! Last metal band I saw live was Earth.
23.06.2015 - 03:15
Totenlieder
Written by Ganondox on 23.04.2015 at 10:34

Nightwish in Salt Lake with Delian and Sabaton as openers, and the first metal concert I've actually attended. Now I finally see why people like Sabaton so much, they're are an absolutely fantastic live band. At the end of the show this 10-year old girl tossed them a poster saying "Sabaton is awesome" and then they invited her up on stage for their final song.

Another Utahn on here? Hell yeah man.

Saturday I went and saw Willie Nelson and was surprised at the lack of weed there.
Good show though. Dude still has it for being 82.
----
Blut & Krieg
23.06.2015 - 07:15
Guib
Thrash Talker
- Amnesia Rockfest 2015 - 19-20 June

What I have actually watched:

-Carcass
-System Of A Down
-Cro-Mags
-Insurrection
-Mononc' Serge
-Linkin Park
-Flogging Molly
-Slayer
-Rob Zombie
-Beyond Creation
-The Dillinger Escape Plan (without their singer lol)
-Melvins
-Rancid
-The Dookies
-Deftones
-Ministry
-Thrice
-Groovy Aardvark
-The Offspring

t'was a good year, lots of fun, great lineup... bunch of good performances too.
Sadly I missed -Bolt Thrower- because of schedule conflicts
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
23.06.2015 - 17:12
Ganondox
Written by Totenlieder on 23.06.2015 at 03:15

Written by Ganondox on 23.04.2015 at 10:34

Another Utahn on here? Hell yeah man.

Saturday I went and saw Willie Nelson and was surprised at the lack of weed there.
Good show though. Dude still has it for being 82.

I go to school there, but right now I'm with my parents in Virginia.
26.06.2015 - 03:04
Totenlieder
Saw Jungle Rot last night.
Pretty rad show. Really cool dudes as well.
----
Blut & Krieg