' Jotunspor 'Gorgoroth Side-Project

05.06.2006 - 13:52
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
New band featuring Gorgoroth bassist
'King ov Hell' and ex-Gorgoroth drummer 'Kvitrafn'
have uploaded a track entitled "Gleipnirs Smeder" to their
MySpace.com account, http://www.myspace.com/jotunspor
The song is the title track of the group's upcoming debut album.

Whats ur opinion about their music ?
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
05.06.2006 - 16:37
Kurzag
Account deleted
Well, it is a side-project. The album is made in honour of their norse heritage. It sounds really cool, I will buy the album if I come over it.
05.06.2006 - 17:14
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Leecher as I am I already downloaded the album and it's among the best Black Metal shit I had heard this year... At first I thought it would be some kind of Viking Metal stuff but no, it's pure dirty Black Metal in the purest style of Gorgoroth's "Incipit Satan"... vocals are very ethereal, kind of distorted, riffs simple straight-to-vein and very corrosive and the drumming is very blasting... I hope Jotunsport becomes something more than a simple side-project, because I liked this shit much more than Gorgoroth's last.
05.06.2006 - 18:22
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
^ ^
I hope so!
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
13.06.2010 - 00:53
Got Mayhem?
Back from the grave....

It's decent. That basically sums up the release to me. Pretty average, yet well done, black metal with some ambient/slightly industrial elements. There isn't really a reason to not give it a try, unless you absolutely abhor the sparse description I just gave.
----
16.06.2010 - 21:27
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Got Mayhem? on 13.06.2010 at 00:53

Back from the grave....

It's decent. That basically sums up the release to me. Pretty average, yet well done, black metal with some ambient/slightly industrial elements. There isn't really a reason to not give it a try, unless you absolutely abhor the sparse description I just gave.

Agreed. An alright release, with a few decent tracks. Hopefully King will just eventually give up.
28.06.2010 - 01:45
Vndergrovnd
I really like Gleipnirs Smeder. Simple, dark, and creepy atmosphere. The concept isn't the greatest, but the end result gripped me.