Roel Van Helden - drums
Charles Greywolf - bass

Found in 9 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 22   Visited by: 191 users
26.07.2024 - 20:29
Rating: 10
Why the low rating. This has to be the heaviest and fast paced album they have ever released. I was not booring as previous one where i would skip seconds on each song. If Powerwolf makes albums of short but fast songs like these, they ROCK
27.07.2024 - 12:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dont get me wrong its not bad album, but band did copy rip of their last few albums, same sound, song writing, singing style, lyric themes even its best. No new blood and ideas, they need it but then again I dont listen from first to last so it works better as new album.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.07.2024 - 18:30
Rating: 8
miekka18
Really good album (again). The riffs and symphonics, choruses, and vocalist overall so really good.
30.07.2024 - 22:53
kingeryck
Their worst album in a long time. Probably my least favorite. It just seems like they're going through the motions and had no inspiration. Usually the puns and alliteration are somewhat clever and the songs still kick ass despite the shtick but something's just lacking with this one.
31.07.2024 - 02:22
Rating: 3
Ghost79
Most disappointing album they ever released. Not a single song that stands out. Just boring and uninspired made album. I don't know what happened to these guys.
31.07.2024 - 20:04
Why you guys compare with previous releases? compare with whatever albums were released this year.
31.07.2024 - 21:26
Nejde
Written by flammeimwind333 on 31.07.2024 at 20:04

Why you guys compare with previous releases? compare with whatever albums were released this year.

Because that's what you do when a band releases a new album. You compare it to their previous ones to begin with. Then you might compare it to other releases of the same year and same genre.
----
Liebe ist für alle da.
01.08.2024 - 08:59
Redel

Why you guys compare with previous releases?

Dont you do so as well in your opening comment?
"This has to be the heaviest and fast paced album they have ever released. I was not booring as previous one where i would skip seconds on each song."
01.08.2024 - 18:09
Yes, I did. But my rate was given compared to what was released this year so far. And this album is in top 5 amongst the albums from Caligula's Horse, Chelsea Wolfe, Infected Rain and Necrophobic
01.08.2024 - 18:11
Written by Nejde on 31.07.2024 at 21:26

Because that's what you do when a band releases a new album. You compare it to their previous ones to begin with. Then you might compare it to other releases of the same year and same genre.

That is wrong. It is bullshit to compare, for example, Master Of Puppets with 72 Seasons. Different mentality, evolution. I compare 72 Seasons with Depeche Mode - Memento Mori for instance or Zunge from Lindemann or with Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd from Lana Del Rey. Music has no boundaries in comparing albums from the same year
01.08.2024 - 19:29
Cynic Metalhead
Ambrish Saxena
Written by flammeimwind333 on 01.08.2024 at 18:11

Written by Nejde on 31.07.2024 at 21:26

Music has no boundaries in comparing albums from the same year

Sure.

You can compare Ulcerate's Cutting The Throat Of God with Taylor Swift's The Tortured Poets Department.
01.08.2024 - 21:00
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 01.08.2024 at 19:29

You can compare Ulcerate's Cutting The Throat Of God with Taylor Swift's The Tortured Poets Department.

Funny thing. I listened to both albums released by the two and while Swift's songs have deep meanings the instrumental part lacks feelings. Ulcerate, on the other hand, fucking amazing on instrumental parts and vocals and lyrics. Although, to me, Charlie XCX is the female goddess.
01.08.2024 - 21:11
Nejde
Written by flammeimwind333 on 01.08.2024 at 18:11

That is wrong. It is bullshit to compare, for example, Master Of Puppets with 72 Seasons. Different mentality, evolution. I compare 72 Seasons with Depeche Mode - Memento Mori for instance or Zunge from Lindemann or with Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd from Lana Del Rey. Music has no boundaries in comparing albums from the same year

First of all, I definitely compare Master Of Puppets (their masterpiece) with 72 Seasons (which is average at best) and all other Metallica albums for that matter, since it's the same band. Secondly I might compare it to similar albums in the same genre if there are other albums I find worth comparing it to. But comparing 72 Seasons with Depeche Mode is like comparing a toaster with a seagull. They have nothing in common, it's completely different genres, just like all five albums you mention as your top 5 of 2024. What's the point in comparing Caligula's Horse with Necrophobic? There's not similiarities between the albums so there's nothing to compare with. But if it was the same band that did a complete turnaround changing genres completely then it's natural to compare since you might like one era and not the other or maybe you like both.

And comparing Lindemann with Lana Del Rey is the most ridiculous thing I've heard and I can't take anything you say serious.
----
Liebe ist für alle da.
01.08.2024 - 21:33
Cynic Metalhead
Ambrish Saxena
Don't emphasis too much on your justification, Nedje. Lately, we been clowned with likes of I Kill Whoever and flame333.
01.08.2024 - 22:06
Nejde
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 01.08.2024 at 21:33

Don't emphasis too much on your justification, Nedje. Lately, we been clowned with likes of I Kill Whoever and flame333.

Each to their own I guess. What is apples to someone obviously can be oranges to someone else.

Just to get some credibility here I tortured myself and listened to (half) "We Don't Wanna Be No Saints". The vocals are drowning in the symphonics. It also reminded me of why I don't like power metal. Think I'll give 72 Seasons a spin instead... Comparing Powerwolf to Caligula's Horse and Necrophobic especially is an insult to those bands.
----
Liebe ist für alle da.
02.08.2024 - 09:12
Written by Nejde on 01.08.2024 at 22:06

Comparing Powerwolf to Caligula's Horse and Necrophobic especially is an insult to those bands.

You say it is an insult but when making TOP albums of 2024 IS COMPARING THE ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2024. And why the hell not comparing Depeche Mode with Metallica? Both bands were created in the 80s at the begining. Both were pivotal in creating genres. Depeche Mode influenced so many amazing rock/metal bands just like Metallica did. Paradise Lost, Moonspell, Lacuna Coil, Rammstein, HIM, Linkin Park or Nine Inch Nails - all credit Depeche Mode to some degree. And their live performances are metal as fuck.

And when making an overall top best 2024 albums you compare all the albums you listened in that year. Depends on the open mindness. Hell, I am not an Armin Van Buuren fan but his album Imagine is number 1 in 2008 for me.

For example. I love Necrophobic but when listening to their album and afterwards Caligula's Horse album, I love more CH album because it sounds way better. Or, for instance, Rammstein - Zeit in 2022. Very good and very catchy album but Halo from Amorphis was epic. And We Are the Apocalypse from Dark Funeral or number 1 album of 2022 - The Death of Peace of Mind from Bad Omens.
02.08.2024 - 10:40
Nejde
Written by flammeimwind333 on 02.08.2024 at 09:12

You say it is an insult but when making TOP albums of 2024 IS COMPARING THE ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2024. And why the hell not comparing Depeche Mode with Metallica? Both bands were created in the 80s at the begining. Both were pivotal in creating genres.

They did, but completely different genres. Do you compare The Beatles with Marduk too? And an annual top list is not a comparison between the bands on that list, it's a list of the most popular releases of a specific year, whether it's a personal list you make or a public top list where several hundred users vote for their favourite albums. So please, stop making a fool of yourself.

Depeche Mode influenced so many amazing rock/metal bands just like Metallica did. Paradise Lost, Moonspell, Lacuna Coil, Rammstein, HIM, Linkin Park or Nine Inch Nails - all credit Depeche Mode to some degree.

Can we get sources where these band has stated Depeche Mode is a big influence? For the sake of credibility.

And when making an overall top best 2024 albums you compare all the albums you listened in that year. Depends on the open mindness. Hell, I am not an Armin Van Buuren fan but his album Imagine is number 1 in 2008 for me.

No I don't. I list my favourite albums. Take my top list of 2023 for example. These are my favourite albums of last year. The only bands I would compare on that list are Tailgunner and Ritual Fire because they both play very similar heavy metal. I also compare Dead Soma and Poltergeist (UK) with Meshuggah since they play the same kind of tech/math metal. But I don't compare Dead Soma with Tailgunner because they play completely different genres. But at this point it seems that you're to dumb to fathom what I'm trying to say to you so I give up. Enjoy comparing toasters with seagulls.
----
Liebe ist für alle da.
02.08.2024 - 13:12
Written by Nejde on 02.08.2024 at 10:40

You say it is an insult but when making TOP albums of 2024 IS COMPARING THE ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2024. And why the hell not comparing Depeche Mode with Metallica? Both bands were created in the 80s at the begining. Both were pivotal in creating genres.

They did, but completely different genres. Do you compare The Beatles with Marduk too? And an annual top list is not a comparison between the bands on that list, it's a list of the most popular releases of a specific year, whether it's a personal list you make or a public top list where several hundred users vote for their favourite albums. So please, stop making a fool of yourself.

Ofc I do not compare a lame ass over-rated band as beatles with Marduk. Different eras. I compare beatles with rolling stones, led zepp, pink floyd. And Marduk I compare with both Behemoth or Coldplay at the same time.

Depeche Mode influenced so many amazing rock/metal bands just like Metallica did. Paradise Lost, Moonspell, Lacuna Coil, Rammstein, HIM, Linkin Park or Nine Inch Nails - all credit Depeche Mode to some degree.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/are-depeche-mode-metals-biggest-secret-influence-56191/ you have to subscribe. Or in Rammstein's case, check making of Stripped.

Or listen to Paradise Lost albums Host, One Second. Or check how many metal bands covered Depeche Mode
02.08.2024 - 13:19
Nejde
Written by flammeimwind333 on 02.08.2024 at 13:12

lame ass over-rated band as beatles

You just lost all credibility and respect so I'm out of this pointless discussion.
----
Liebe ist für alle da.
02.08.2024 - 13:21
When you make a top of best football players, this means comparing Messi with Ronaldo with Lewandowski, Bellingham or Haaland. When at Oscar for best movie ever, it is comparing. You do not see best thriller, drama, horror (like Emmy's). Same as music. I compare, as voices, Till Lindemann with Shagrath, Tarja, Satyr or Floor Jansen (gender equality). In my eyes, best voice ever is Dave Gahan followed by Bad Omens' Noah Sebastian and in third place is Simone Simons

THIS IS THE LOGIC WAY ON HOW TO MAKE TOP BEST OF ANYTHING
02.08.2024 - 13:24
Written by Nejde on 02.08.2024 at 13:19

Written by flammeimwind333 on 02.08.2024 at 13:12

lame ass over-rated band as beatles

You just lost all credibility and respect so I'm out of this pointless discussion.

Oh f off. butt hurt much. beatles suck. like yeah, had influence on metal bands just like kraftwerk had. or Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones or Queen (but those were Gods)
02.08.2024 - 13:29
Nejde
Written by flammeimwind333 on 02.08.2024 at 13:21

When you make a top of best football players, this means comparing. When at Oscar for best movie ever, it is comparing.

THIS IS THE LOGIC WAY ON HOW TO MAKE TOP BEST OF ANYTHING

That's enough! You don't compare a football player and a hockey player and you don't compare a striker with a goalkeeper. And at all awards they vote for their favourite and the one with the most votes win, they don't compare the nominees. Every album/movie/TV series is nominated on its own merit, not compared to the competition.

This is the end of this discussion. If you continue to post on this matter you will get a temporary ban from posting.

----
Liebe ist für alle da.

Hits total: 4004 | This month: 50