Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
28.06.2006 - 15:25
kackbratze
I am with samael06 here. Megadeth have more good albums, I don't really enjoy anything from Metallica after "And Justice for All"... And Dave Mustaine wrote many riffs on the early Metallica albums we all love so much. Therefore my vote goes to Megadeth.
28.06.2006 - 15:57
Avenant
Profane Seraph
Megadeth hands down... I've always prefered them, even when Metallica used to be a good band.
Dave Mustaine is a bit mad but I still like the music... besides, it's not like the metallica people are any better
29.06.2006 - 23:33
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Metallica!!! I don´t like the new material but I still like their old stuff. I never really got into Megadeth. I mean, I do enjoy some of their music but I find Dave´s voice to get annoying at times.
30.06.2006 - 00:04
Valmont
Metallica have always been better than Megadeth. So what if they cut their hair and toured with some crappy bands? Point is that they have always been a cult band and their older recordings are still there and worth a lot more than Megadeth to listen.
30.06.2006 - 01:55
nick35
Account deleted
there isnt one of them that id rather see more. I dont care if metallica sold out they are still cool(Jaymz is anywayz) Megadeth is awesome Dave is an awesome guitarist one of the best on my list. If it all came down to it though id go see megadeth
30.06.2006 - 02:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Valmont on 30.06.2006 at 00:04

Metallica have always been better than Megadeth. So what if they cut their hair and toured with some crappy bands? Point is that they have always been a cult band and their older recordings are still there and worth a lot more than Megadeth to listen.

How?
30.06.2006 - 03:01
Valmont
Written by Dangerboner on 30.06.2006 at 02:06

How?

What exactly do you want me to explain? It's just my thought.
30.06.2006 - 03:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
What about Metallica do you like better than Megadeth? I've still not read any valid points by people as to why Metallica is better. It's been said in earlier posts, but Megadeth songs progress in almost every older song and there are way more guitar solos in Megadeth than Metallica.
01.07.2006 - 15:43
X-FrEaK
i voted for Metallica..the only think i know from Megadeth is the greatest hits...it has some good musics " A tout le Monde", "SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION"(PLAIN DESTRUCTION!)

im not THAT Metallica fan but i love Black Album for instance
----
01.07.2006 - 20:03
Remus
Quote:
Quote:

about a week ago a kid in my class said he listened to Metallica and told me his fav. album was "St.Anger",and I simply said are you joking.I told him my favorite was Master of puppets and he said it was gay.

U should have punched that kid in the face, twice, and say Remus from metalstorm told me to do so! About the band battle, i only own two Megadeth albums "Risk" and "Countdown to Extinction" so i don't know them that well but from these two cd's that i own i have to say that in my opinion Metallica are waaaaay better!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
01.07.2006 - 20:24
Warman
Erotic Stains
Metallica is my favorite band, I love Megadeth too. Metallica is better than Megadeth cuz James Hetfield is a better vocalist than Mustaine, Metallica has more epic songs, Metallica are better live and they are a band! IMO Megadeth is just Dave Mustaine as the other band members tend to disappear all the time.
----
01.07.2006 - 21:18
Trifixion
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Remus on 01.07.2006 at 20:03

about a week ago a kid in my class said he listened to Metallica and told me his fav. album was "St.Anger",and I simply said are you joking.I told him my favorite was Master of puppets and he said it was gay.

U should have punched that kid in the face, twice, and say Remus from metalstorm told me to do so! About the band battle, i only own two Megadeth albums "Risk" and "Countdown to Extinction" so i don't know them that well but from these two cd's that i own i have to say that in my opinion Metallica are waaaaay better!

Haha yeah that kid should be hit, several times. But about the Megadeth albums you have, I don't know too much about their discography but I do know that Risk is considered one of their worst albums, if not their worst. I haven't heard it myself but you should check out their better releases
03.07.2006 - 01:09
Valmont
Written by Dangerboner on 30.06.2006 at 03:11

What about Metallica do you like better than Megadeth? I've still not read any valid points by people as to why Metallica is better. It's been said in earlier posts, but Megadeth songs progress in almost every older song and there are way more guitar solos in Megadeth than Metallica.

I'm sorry maybe i didn't get the point of people posting here. This is a personal thought i never liked Megadeth, i don't hate them but i like Metallica more. Maybe Megadeth is not my thing. I don't feel any responsibility to write anything like "Metallica is better because..." or "Megadeth sucks because..." Because both bands rock but my choice is Metallica.
05.07.2006 - 02:36
]M[egadet]H[
Account deleted
my vote has gone to Megadeth i like their new n old stuff, Ive got 6 albums ( peace sells, rust in peace, countdown, youthanasia, the system has failed and greatest hits ). what ive heard of metallica i didnt like it at all.
05.07.2006 - 22:02
Doc Sooty
Account deleted
I would have to say Megadeth for me, the albums they've released over the years have been pretty solid I feel.

Metallica's latest album was diabolical.
"Hey Trujillo, we got these awesome metal barrels you can use as drums for the new album. It'll sound great, trust me."

I think I introed the whole album, not good in my opinion.
06.07.2006 - 16:54
lordz
IzZo
You Cant compare diffrent parts of the body!!!! a hand is not a leg and your ass is not your dick !!!
If you dont understand this sentence smoke a spliff and keep on reading

Ok where shall I start
Yah the Vocals... Dave sucks in vocals, he is annoying sometimes. But James can rock the mic.
Guitars, Megadeth proved to be better in solos thanks to marty (hanger 18) and rythem is equily prefected by each band in diffrent ways.
On other instruments both bands have good talent backing up drums and bass but still their not the best in the field.

Its hard to say whos better but I will go with Mettalica as the better band
07.07.2006 - 01:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
James has a very generic voice which appeals to most people, while Dave actually has a personality to his vocals.
07.07.2006 - 02:33
lordz
IzZo
Written by Dangerboner on 07.07.2006 at 01:42

James has a very generic voice which appeals to most people, while Dave actually has a personality to his vocals.

yah sure!

you know what!! looking at your avater made me think... Phil Anselmo from panera kicks both dave and james asses... Actually Pantera is way better then both megadeth and metallica.... atleast Pantera was always true to the game...
07.07.2006 - 02:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't even want to try and think which band I like more because it'll give me a headache, but I agree that Phil is the better vocalist.
07.07.2006 - 05:25
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I prefer Metallica. Both are great, but Megadeth will never be as big as Metallica, sorry.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
08.07.2006 - 11:00
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
This thread is the most common thread , can be easily found in every metal forum/communtiy. Mustaine use to be a part of Metallica and thats why this fight is interesting

Any ways i will go with Megadeth , agree that Metallica's first four albums is masterpiece , but Megadeth is my all time favorite band. They are still ruling the world.
10.07.2006 - 06:01
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted

Cult Band?.... hearing enter sandman blasting everytime walking by any Redneck bar or Trailer Park makes a band Cult? interesting...anways Megadeth for me.....Rust in Peace is one of The Best Thrash Albums ever that shits all over anything Metallica Puts out...not to mention Megadeth had smart/ Political Lyrics ....Metallica doesnt exactly have the Most Intelligent lyrics..
10.07.2006 - 17:11
Valmont
Written by Author on 10.07.2006 at 06:01

Cult Band?.... hearing enter sandman blasting everytime walking by any Redneck bar or Trailer Park makes a band Cult? interesting...anways Megadeth for me.....Rust in Peace is one of The Best Thrash Albums ever that shits all over anything Metallica Puts out...not to mention Megadeth had smart/ Political Lyrics ....Metallica doesnt exactly have the Most Intelligent lyrics..

Lol at least Dave is a Metallica spit out. And who said being politic is smarter, there alot of shit in music business that is politic and purely stupid nonesense... It's just a way that a band can choose. Should every band go politic to make themselves a good image in your mind? Then the legendary Manowar would be a shitty band if we look through this perspective. I don't need to argue that Metallica is a cult, big, extraordinary of a gay metal band. When you ask someone anywhere in the world Metallica they will know it but i'm not sure about the same with Megadeth. And that is the difference.
10.07.2006 - 23:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Valmont on 10.07.2006 at 17:11

Lol at least Dave is a Metallica spit out. And who said being politic is smarter, there alot of shit in music business that is politic and purely stupid nonesense... It's just a way that a band can choose. Should every band go politic to make themselves a good image in your mind? Then the legendary Manowar would be a shitty band if we look through this perspective. I don't need to argue that Metallica is a cult, big, extraordinary of a gay metal band. When you ask someone anywhere in the world Metallica they will know it but i'm not sure about the same with Megadeth. And that is the difference.

So, by your standards, a band is better if they are more popular? That just proves that Metallica sold out more.

Oh, and Manowar is a shitty band.
12.07.2006 - 01:11
Valmont
Written by Dangerboner on 10.07.2006 at 23:35

Written by Valmont on 10.07.2006 at 17:11

So, by your standards, a band is better if they are more popular? That just proves that Metallica sold out more.

Oh, and Manowar is a shitty band.

Yes and do you ever stop to think why they sold out more or why are they more popular in the world than Megadeth or everywhere in the world when you spell the word "metal" almost everyone would say Metallica even that person is not a metel music listener. See that's a phenomenon. Metal music audience is not stupid like other people in my opinion they are well aware of what is good and what's not and i trust that. Metallica is a legend, Dave is! from Metallica. The only bad thing is their current situation. I don't have anything to say about that. They truely suck now. Anyways, There's no need to argue this in my opinion, you obviously are a Megadeth fan so we will not be able to come to a certain decent point in our argument. Best to leave it here.
12.07.2006 - 05:31
Bitch Boy
Obviously Metallica. Nowadays they're not as good as they used to be, but "memory remains", and the good old Metallica is much better, for me, than Megadeth. I prefer Lars' drums, Kirk's kind-of-progressive guitars, and even James vocals are better than Dave's. It might be a very subjective opinion, but that is it.
13.07.2006 - 04:54
Darryl/2112
Account deleted
metallica should just release the no life till leather demo on cd,that was the shits back in ' 82.
megadeth has pretty much stuck to thier guns as far as style of music.while metallica has drifted off the beaten path.
16.07.2006 - 10:14
Staylow
Account deleted
This is a really tough call. While I enjoy both of them equally, I had to go with Metallica just on the strength of the first four albums, as they are my favorite albums of all time, hands down. ...And Justice for All was my intorductory to real metal, and Master of Puppets blew my mind at a young age. I also enjoy the black album, but not in the same way. When it comes to Megadeth, they've had more quality releases than Metallica, and the Rust In Peace album is the next closest competitor to those early Metallica albums.
16.07.2006 - 16:42
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Ill go with Megadeth, they kept a consitent sound, didnt change over time, the lyrics are better so is the riffs (talking about new metallica)
----
17.07.2006 - 16:44
lordz
IzZo
Written by 4look4rd on 16.07.2006 at 16:42

Ill go with Megadeth, they kept a consitent sound, didnt change over time, the lyrics are better so is the riffs (talking about new metallica)

which part was about metallica?
cause I think both bands changed over time
When you talk about music Megadeth probibly didnt change that much but Metallica did change obviously
lyricswise both bands have changed IMO