Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
16.02.2007 - 09:20
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
Of course Megadeth Is better...Megadeth Is still Running on Metal Bridge whereas Metallica Have Fallen From The Bridge of Metal...St.anger Is Is a Nu-metal album..not even deserves to be a metal..
upcoming album Will be a Pop..haha..They'll sing "billie jean" ..tribute to Jackson.
19.02.2007 - 03:31
Thought.
A Dying God
clearly, metallica has died. Black Album was the line. they've crossed it, and are no more. Megadeth is still metal!! Still... i voted metallica because the hits they've had, i love much more. Taking Megadeth's album "Rust In Peace" and comparing it to say, "Ride the Lightning", I'd choose Metallica in a heartbeat. "And Justice for All" was another reason. I won't compare "Kill 'em All" because Mustaine WAS that album. That's Metallica's best.
----
There is no God but the one that dies with me. I have no life but the one I take with me to the grave. We come into this world alone. And we will die on our own. I live. I die. Ain Elohim.
19.02.2007 - 04:14
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Thought. on 19.02.2007 at 03:31

clearly, metallica has died. Black Album was the line. they've crossed it, and are no more. Megadeth is still metal!! Still... i voted metallica because the hits they've had, i love much more. Taking Megadeth's album "Rust In Peace" and comparing it to say, "Ride the Lightning", I'd choose Metallica in a heartbeat. "And Justice for All" was another reason. I won't compare "Kill 'em All" because Mustaine WAS that album. That's Metallica's best.

that is kinda funny because if I were to compare "Rust in Peace" to "Ride the lightning" I would choose "Rust in Peace" because while I love both albums, the instrumentation in "Rust in Peace" is far more to my liking and the lyrics, are far more intelligent and politically based
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
19.02.2007 - 04:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Arian Totalis on 19.02.2007 at 04:14

that is kinda funny because if I were to compare "Rust in Peace" to "Ride the lightning" I would choose "Rust in Peace" because while I love both albums, the instrumentation in "Rust in Peace" is far more to my liking and the lyrics, are far more intelligent and politically based

yeah, same here. I would also choose Peace Sells over anything Metallica has ever done.
19.02.2007 - 04:32
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Dangerboner on 19.02.2007 at 04:24

Written by Arian Totalis on 19.02.2007 at 04:14

yeah, same here. I would also choose Peace Sells over anything Metallica has ever done.

well, I would choose peace sells over anything BUT Ride the lightning because quite frankly, Ride the lightning is my favorite metallica album, and rust in peace is my favorite megadeth album, so it was plotting the two albums that I like best by those two bands, and Megadeth is my favorite thrash band. But pretty much any other album Metalica has done is Pwned by peace sells and well....pretty much any of megadeth's first five albums.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

20.02.2007 - 19:44
Angelstorm
Account deleted
Its quite obvious that Metallica's current albums really suck but for me Metallica died after their earlier era. I definitely prefer Metallica's old stuff to Megadeath. Metallica's earlier albums are just too good and was the reason that I voted for them.
23.02.2007 - 19:36
Martinikuss
I vote for Megadeath, because they never make album sounds like St.Anger
24.02.2007 - 02:25
Oracle
Orcinus
I think Megadeth are so much better than Metallica because they have better albums.
05.03.2007 - 02:45
Enur
Account deleted
Written by Martinikuss on 23.02.2007 at 19:36

you took the words straight from my mouth dude
05.03.2007 - 05:46
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Martinikuss on 23.02.2007 at 19:36

Well You know I voted for Megadeth as well, and yeah I can agree that Megadeth never made an album that sounds like St. Anger But........well have you ever listened to Risk? I don't know which album is worse St. Anger or Risk. Ug! Both horrible horrible sellout albums. :shiver:
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

06.03.2007 - 17:02
Spooks
Account deleted
Just voted for Metallica because of their 80's albums...so much better than Megadeth's i think...
And that's the point. I prefer them because of RtL, MoP...Such amazing masterpieces coulnd't be released by Megadeth.... So don't tell me about what they did and you don't like .. i don't mind
07.04.2007 - 12:14
jotty
Account deleted
Written by [user id=17687] on 10.11.2006 at 17:23

why is better megadeth??
1. Mustaine more than Hetfield ( guitar skills) point to Megadeth
2. all drummers of Megadeth more than Ulrich point to megadeth
3. bass guitar players are equilibrated Ellefson = Trujillo=Burton..more Trujillo point to metallica
4. Friedman MUCH MUCH MORE than Hammett Friedman with more time will be one of most talent guitar player of history. Hammett is pentatonic fucking player. point to megadeth
5. voice better Hetfield point to Metallica.
6. better of metallica was composed by Mustaine...Orion, Four Horsemen and may of better songs of Metallica was writed by Mustaine...
point to Megadteh
Better Megadeth

You are fuckin' right man... I think MEGADETH is better than metallica,too.Hetfield is as good as Mustaine(singer)but Mustaine is better guitar player I also think that MEGADETH have better drumers and guitar players...so I vote for MEGADETH!
08.04.2007 - 07:13
A Kat Person
Account deleted
I'm not going to analyze this but Megadeth just never grabbed me, don't know why. Sure, Metallica sucks now, but I have always loved everything up to and including the black album. They were one of the early bands that got me into metal. It's unfortunate what they have become, but that doesn't detract from the great albums they released in the past!
08.04.2007 - 15:45
>DeStRoYeR<
Account deleted
Everybody has a different point of view, so it is too difficult to say which band is better. My vote goes to Metallica, although in a past few years they are really sucks but I love them since that 80's period. So Metallica is better band.

p.s. I also like Megadeth
08.04.2007 - 16:15
APOHAKC
The Bard
Why am I only person in whole Serbia to like Megadeth more????
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
08.04.2007 - 20:23
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Megadeth easily. I never really liked Metallica too, too much to tell you the truth, but I love Megadeth. Megadeth has more classic albums than Metallica and I like Megadeth lyrics and solos way more.
08.04.2007 - 23:38
Dan066
Account deleted
Has anyone else watched the special features of "Some Kind of Monster" (Metallica's movie) where they did some songs with a bunch of rap guys for a rap/metal album?
Megadeth is a lot better than Metallica musically and I like Mustaine's lyrics a lot better. Plus Rattlehead is awesome!!!
09.04.2007 - 06:25
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
Metallica can't even compare to Megadeth musically. There is a definate difference in the attention to little things in Megadeth, and really anything Dave Mustaine writes.

In Megadeth, yes you have amazing solo work, but pay attention to the little things, the ways Megadeth will end a verse or how they structure their chords.

Take Leper Messiah, that song was supposedly written by Dave Mustaine, and you can tell it was. The breakdowns in the intro and the instrumental section in the middle of the song are just too advanced for Metallica. The way the instrumental harmony changes rythmn, and other things like off beat changes are just to plain advanced for Metallica to write. Compare what you hear on Leper Messiah to Battery or Disposable Heroes and tell me you can't find a different method of writing within early Metallica albums.

In short, Megadeth are quality musicians, Metallica are good businessmen.
----
Proud owner of many erased pages.
14.04.2007 - 22:04
Reverie
I think Megadeth is better because it has more "quality", for example, in the composition of the songs viewed from the guitar and drumms. I met a Profesional drummer and he said to me that Metallica is not too original in this aspect.

Then, what I like more is Megadeth, it's more metal metal... Trash is not my thing xP Anyway, I'll always say that european metal is better than yankee metal... all the life.
----
In the corner beside my window...
There hangs a lonely photograph...

There is a wound that's always bleeding...
There is a road I'm always walking...
15.04.2007 - 12:07
Illusionist
Account deleted
"Metallica sucked balls since Ride The Lightning"?

You wot? You fucking wot?

Puppets sucked balls? Justice sucked balls?

I mean, if you didn't like the Black Album, fair enough, but never, ever insult Puppets or Justice.
16.04.2007 - 11:33
manic_metal_head
Account deleted
Megadeth right now are the better band. Untill Metallica releases a killer album it will be Megadeth at the top.
Metallica reigned supreme from 1983 untill 1993.
16.04.2007 - 11:49
Nixx
Account deleted
I voted Metallica 'cos of 5 simple reasons:

1. Kill èm all (yes mustaine was in it, but it was still Metallica).
2. Ride the Lightning.
3. Master of Puppets.
4. ..And justice for All.
5. I have more respect for Metallica in the way of what they are and how they do things.
Sure, their late albums sucks, but they've always done what they wanted to, and to be honest, don't you think the chance of Metallica being sell-outs would be as huge if they only did "Master"ish albums?
Ive met more ppl that only like the 4 first albums than the 4 latter ones.

And I loved "SKOM", the DvD is not about "whining", if anyone's whining in that movie, it's ironically Dave Mustaine, still not getting over the fact that Metallica did well without him (awhile), and always saying stuff like "oh metallica hsa always been nr1 but megadeth nr2.".

Boohoo! if I were in Megadeth, I would never say that Metallica was nr1, I would neither have made any attempts on "becoming better" than metallica.
Sure, maybe he didn't try, but he sure as hell makes us believe that with all that whining about it, no offense, I really love Megadeth, but Dave can be as big an "ass" as Lars and James most times.

And if anyone made metallica good, it was Cliff, (R.I.P.).

Well, that's just my personal opinion, feel free to "ditch" it :p

(And I listen to both bands, actually megadeth more at the moment than metallica, but the 4 early metallica albums owns megadeth anytime in my opinion).
17.04.2007 - 09:43
Agaatho
Both are great, but i listen Metallica more.
17.04.2007 - 19:45
MaX
Account deleted
My vote goes to Megadeth since they stayed on track and they were always less commercial band - making music for sake of it not for money - money is always there in a game but it seems Megadeth was less affected by it..
17.04.2007 - 21:44
Meh'U'
Account deleted
I like Megadeth better then Metallica because you never get tired to lisen to their songs.
18.04.2007 - 03:07
MaX
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 08.04.2007 at 16:15

Why am I only person in whole Serbia to like Megadeth more????

you are not only one that is a fact

comparison is a bit unclear it should be in about early fork of both bands otherwise Megadeth is clear winer and I was not clear enough either I preferred Megadeth over Metallica in their earlier stages as well..
18.04.2007 - 09:47
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
Written by [user id=20369] on 16.04.2007 at 11:49

I voted Metallica 'cos of 5 simple reasons:

1. Kill èm all (yes mustaine was in it, but it was still Metallica).
2. Ride the Lightning.
3. Master of Puppets.
4. ..And justice for All.
5. I have more respect for Metallica in the way of what they are and how they do things.
Sure, their late albums sucks, but they've always done what they wanted to, and to be honest, don't you think the chance of Metallica being sell-outs would be as huge if they only did "Master"ish albums?
Ive met more ppl that only like the 4 first albums than the 4 latter ones.

And I loved "SKOM", the DvD is not about "whining", if anyone's whining in that movie, it's ironically Dave Mustaine, still not getting over the fact that Metallica did well without him (awhile), and always saying stuff like "oh metallica hsa always been nr1 but megadeth nr2.".

Boohoo! if I were in Megadeth, I would never say that Metallica was nr1, I would neither have made any attempts on "becoming better" than metallica.
Sure, maybe he didn't try, but he sure as hell makes us believe that with all that whining about it, no offense, I really love Megadeth, but Dave can be as big an "ass" as Lars and James most times.

And if anyone made metallica good, it was Cliff, (R.I.P.).

Well, that's just my personal opinion, feel free to "ditch" it :p

(And I listen to both bands, actually megadeth more at the moment than metallica, but the 4 early metallica albums owns megadeth anytime in my opinion).

I have a few reasons why Megadeth is better.

1. Rust in Peace (which is the best album by far of either band)
2. Countdown to Extinction
3. Youthanasia
4. Cryptic Writings
5. The World Needs a Hero

It wasn't Cliff that made Metallica good, not by a long shot. Cliff never really played the creative role in the band that he should have. It was Mustaine that made Metallica good musically. The songs that Mustaine wrote on Kill 'Em All are on just a completely different level musically, and that goes for other songs on Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets.

You respect the way Metallica operates but not Megadeth. Metallica are business men, Lars stole the name from his friend, and had a record deal lined up before he even formed Metallica. Metallica are businessmen that play music. Megadeth are at least just musicians.
----
Proud owner of many erased pages.
05.05.2007 - 04:34
Porkypine
Account deleted
I am basing this response strictly on personal opinion, because alot of people have bad taste, and yes Metallica are more popular. I vote Megadeth all the way. There would be no Metallica without Dave, or they wouldn't be where they were at. Dave owns James big time. Get over it, James can't sing. Dave has come out with intelligent, political based lyrics that actually makes sense and fit into his songs like butter. The riffs in Daves songs are amazing, (I cant even play some of his rythm (and hes singing while playing).). Check out Rust in Peace... Polaris... In my opinion, "Risk" Megadeths worst sellout album, takes out most of Metallicas abums. And thats saying alot. MEGADETH FOREVER, MEGADETHS STILL GOING STRONG, UNITED ABOMINATIONS OWNS! MEGADETH 4 LIFE!

(PS. I registered just to say this.) Go buy some Megadeth albums, listen to real Metal!
05.05.2007 - 04:34
Porkypine
Account deleted
I am basing this response strictly on personal opinion, because alot of people have bad taste, and yes Metallica are more popular. I vote Megadeth all the way. There would be no Metallica without Dave, or they wouldn't be where they were at. Dave owns James big time. Get over it, James can't sing. Dave has come out with intelligent, political based lyrics that actually makes sense and fit into his songs like butter. The riffs in Daves songs are amazing, (I cant even play some of his rythm (and hes singing while playing).). Check out Rust in Peace... Polaris... In my opinion, "Risk" Megadeths worst sellout album, takes out most of Metallicas abums. And thats saying alot. MEGADETH FOREVER, MEGADETHS STILL GOING STRONG, UNITED ABOMINATIONS OWNS! MEGADETH 4 LIFE!

(PS. I registered just to say this.) Go buy some Megadeth albums, listen to real Metal!
06.05.2007 - 03:59
The Pharaon
Account deleted
Metallica for me. There's no Megadeth song which could give me sensations that I feel when I listen songs like master of puppets, the unforgiven, sanitarium...