Metal Storm logo
Metal Band You Hate The Most

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 08.08.2011 - 03:22
Which metal band do you hate the most and why?
For me, it's Behemoth. I hate the way these guys blaspheme. You read their lyrics, you find nothing, you ask about them, they're blasphemous! I hate Nergal too. He's very overrated. Behemoth's very overrated. They're crap and then they make four death metal albums and become number 20 on the popularity index! Overrated. That's my opinion though.
03.11.2013 - 18:07
Mercyful_Kate
I have a new one: The Butcher Babies (if you can even call them metal).
17.11.2013 - 04:17
DyingWorld
Not exactly metal but every time I see a picture of David Drainman from Disturbed, I feel like slapping him repeatedly with a 12 inch rainbow colored dildo. I hate his stupid face piercings almost as much as his shitty band and generic vocals.
17.11.2013 - 23:51
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by DyingWorld on 17.11.2013 at 04:17

David Drainman from Disturbed, I feel like slapping him repeatedly with a 12 inch rainbow colored dildo.

How specific. Have you already procured said dildo?

It would probably be a good idea to be prepared just in case you ever meet the man.
18.11.2013 - 02:14
DyingWorld
Written by Azarath on 17.11.2013 at 23:51

Written by DyingWorld on 17.11.2013 at 04:17

David Drainman from Disturbed, I feel like slapping him repeatedly with a 12 inch rainbow colored dildo.

How specific. Have you already procured said dildo?

It would probably be a good idea to be prepared just in case you ever meet the man.

Believe me, I'm saving up for it and only for this special occasion too. I'm also investing in a jar of wasabi to go along with it.
19.11.2013 - 21:47
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by DyingWorld on 18.11.2013 at 02:14

I'm also investing in a jar of wasabi to go along with it.

I'm not sure if I want to know what you plan on doing with that.
19.11.2013 - 22:29
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I should probably also address the topic. I don't hate any band. Even if we were to go to silly extremes and bring up nu metal stalwarts Limp Bizkit, the aural equivalent of vomit, I still couldn't muster up any "hate". It just seems like a waste of time and energy, focusing on something negative instead of channeling it towards something you enjoy.

Damn, there's no hippie emoticon to be found here...
20.11.2013 - 10:03
Uldreth
Written by Azarath on 19.11.2013 at 22:29

I should probably also address the topic. I don't hate any band. Even if we were to go to silly extremes and bring up nu metal stalwarts Limp Bizkit, the aural equivalent of vomit, I still couldn't muster up any "hate". It just seems like a waste of time and energy, focusing on something negative instead of channeling it towards something you enjoy.

I think something more personal thing is needed than simply bad music to "hate" a band. For example there are two bands I mainly hate, Manowar and Def Leppard. The former because they pretty much pioneered some elements of the metal subculture that I really really hate and on top of that they are a bunch of fucking hypocrites that also make inexcusably bad and bland music. The latter because due to some friends who go crazy about that band I was exposed waaaay too much to it even though I want to stay as far away from that genre as it is possible.

If I just simply encountered either of those bands without having to connect them to these stuff, I'd just be like, "ok, this sucks, I'll just ignore it".
20.11.2013 - 15:25
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Azarath on 19.11.2013 at 22:29

I agree, you don't need a hippie emoticon for that. Your thought on the matter is just common sense to me.
22.11.2013 - 00:36
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Uldreth on 20.11.2013 at 10:03

I think something more personal thing is needed than simply bad music to "hate" a band. For example there are two bands I mainly hate, Manowar and Def Leppard. The former because they pretty much pioneered some elements of the metal subculture that I really really hate and on top of that they are a bunch of fucking hypocrites that also make inexcusably bad and bland music. The latter because due to some friends who go crazy about that band I was exposed waaaay too much to it even though I want to stay as far away from that genre as it is possible.

If I just simply encountered either of those bands without having to connect them to these stuff, I'd just be like, "ok, this sucks, I'll just ignore it".

I see. So Manowar represents something you despise and in Def Leppard's case it's negative connotations because of past experiences. Still, isn't "hate" a bit extreme? That's a pretty intense, active emotion.

Oh, and there are actually people who go crazy about Def Leppard?

Written by Guest on 20.11.2013 at 15:25

I agree, you don't need a hippie emoticon for that. Your thought on the matter is just common sense to me.

Thank you, but as you'll notice from this thread "common sense" is not so common. People apparently do hate certain bands.
22.11.2013 - 12:18
Uldreth
Written by Azarath on 22.11.2013 at 00:36

I see. So Manowar represents something you despise and in Def Leppard's case it's negative connotations because of past experiences. Still, isn't "hate" a bit extreme? That's a pretty intense, active emotion.

Oh, and there are actually people who go crazy about Def Leppard?

No I don't spend active time "incarnating" said "hate" in any shape or form, so I don't mean hate in an extreme way at all. Dunno how to express it any further what I mean.

And yeah, there are some people who do. Basically his girlfriend is totally crazy about 80s glam metal and similiar stuffs so when I hung out with them and some other people they often played that sort of music and coupled with my already strong dislike of said genre, that just really went on my nerves hahah. I probably prefer hearing the nowadays prevailent dance-pop crap than what they used to play :/ .
22.11.2013 - 20:34
Not many Metal bands I flat out hate, but Waking the Cadaver is one of them. Horrible band made worse by the fact that they're full of assholes who are homophobic (in the lead singer's case), violent, and disrespectful. Also, Limp Bizkit, in what is a surprise to no one.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
23.11.2013 - 00:49
no one
Account deleted
Wow man, like "hates" just way to stronger word man, try channeling that negative energy in to something positive maan.

Even one of the definitions in the dictionary says it could just mean "To feel dislike or distaste for". No need to get all hating on the word hate, it is ok to hate a band without actually wanting to kill them or something
25.11.2013 - 03:46
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 19.10.2013 at 00:28

Magrudergrind. Tried their debut, and it is probably the first album I've ever outright hated on first listen. Absolutely annoying at points.

Really? how so?

Have you tried their newer stuff? It's a bit different.

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.11.2013 - 03:52
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 25.11.2013 at 03:46

Really? how so?

Have you tried their newer stuff? It's a bit different.

Shit, I meant their self-titled. That's the one I tried.

Not sure why I hated it. I think they're trying to hard to sound original, but it comes out like a big jumbled mess. The sound samples are used lousily and the grind itself is pretty dull.
07.12.2013 - 05:23
Alan R
Any metalcore mainstream band really
07.12.2013 - 07:20
Get_thrashed
Poser bands, mainstream bands, most gothic female-vocal bands, and ofcourse metal-core and the bands that go from thrash to metal-core
----
http://www.last.fm/user/em_eldeen
14.12.2013 - 15:51
Sentinel65
I really despise bands that "try" to be metal. I also really do not like any Power Metal bands, just the general sound and atmosphere of the music annoys me.
14.12.2013 - 23:43
no one
Account deleted
^ all of the above apart from metalcore, i don't like it, but i don't hate it like the others mentioned
08.01.2014 - 18:36
In Bone Factory
Not hate but dont like Meshuggah
----
The End Is Nigh ...
19.01.2014 - 15:02
me<3mertl
Bring Me The Horison
20.01.2014 - 08:45
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Don't really hate any bands, but if I had to, I'd say Children Of Bodom. And not for the usual reasons. If Bodom hadn't gotten so big then Sinergy might still be around. (whoops, nearly posted with bosom instead of bodom)
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
26.01.2014 - 13:29
Metallica after Cliff's death (R.I.P.)
Sepultura without the Cavalera bros
All the deathcore shit.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
16.05.2014 - 05:46
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
God, where to even start?

I guess I'd say that most of all I hate all the pseudo pop metal bullshit with whiny vocals designed purely to sound more like radio music and get metal fangirls' pussies wet. Special mentions to In Flames, Moonspell (modern), HIM, Dimmu Borgir (modern), and especially Avenged Sevenfold. And yeah, as other people have said, all the scene kid -core subgenres (excluding grindcore, obviously) can fuck off and die.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
16.05.2014 - 07:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I love when people make generalizations about -core genres and popular metal music. Not everyone wants to write experimental avant-garde ambient drone.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.05.2014 - 09:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I think I enjoy at least some bands in virtually every field, including pop and other ultra hated genres by the metal masses. My eyes glaze over a lot of stuff, like the Insomniums, the standard modern thrash output and so on, but sooner or later something gets put out that I'll probably appreciate.

Music is too good to be hatin'

17.05.2014 - 18:16
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I guess is as close to a hippie emoticon as were gunna get.

I dislike a few bands, Summoning is definitely one. Get out of your mom's basement already.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.05.2014 - 18:19
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.05.2014 at 18:16

I dislike a few bands, Summoning is definitely one. Get out of your mom's basement already.

what the hell does that mean.
17.05.2014 - 18:36
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Alex F on 17.05.2014 at 18:19

what the hell does that mean.

They play synth black metal based on Lord Of The Rings. Put two and two together

No, they just bore me to death. Not a fan of the vocal work either.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.05.2014 - 23:45
no one
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 17.05.2014 at 18:16

agree, same with the post after this one
18.05.2014 - 23:57
Lurker of Chalice.
I hate that band, their music creeps me so much
----
Hey there, tiny wench !