Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2013

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 31.12.2012 - 18:09
You know the drill. Here's some rather fine sounding Cthulhu driven death metal that's not due for release until 2013, with extraordinarily beautiful cover artwork (check out the detail in the full image):

(Full image here)
24.03.2013 - 00:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Uploaded Ash Pool's side of their split with Akitsa, because I love it so friggin' much:

24.03.2013 - 21:29
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Well, I may be a bit nationalist lately but it's just coincidence. The most well-known and quite successful extreme metal act of Argentina just released their latest album which consists of re-works of old Argentine hard rock/heavy metal classics.

All songs can be heard in that youtube channel.
I don't like it a lot since these are songs I've been submitted to all my life and feels kind of weird, but I'd surely be interested in what you guys think
24.03.2013 - 21:36
Góral
Combo Breaker
Psychedelic mix of doom, sludge, grind, black and more. Quite tasty.

Bandcamp
25.03.2013 - 02:50
Edmund Fogg
Thy shall love the Crust!

Ramlord - Crippled Minds, Sundered Wisdom

Bqandcamp
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
25.03.2013 - 08:10
The Turbanator
Written by Edmund Fogg on 25.03.2013 at 02:50

Thy shall love the Crust!

Ramlord - Crippled Minds, Sundered Wisdom
Bqandcamp

Good stuff man, this! Thanks.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
25.03.2013 - 14:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
New Antediluvian album sounds like absolute intense fucking Hell. I was nice enough to upload a track:

Blackened death of the Über kind.
25.03.2013 - 21:21
The Turbanator
Written by Guest on 25.03.2013 at 14:07

New Antediluvian album sounds like absolute intense fucking Hell. I was nice enough to upload a track:

Blackened death of the Über kind.

Fantastic. So damn evil.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
26.03.2013 - 05:27
Edmund Fogg
Nature driven Pagan BM anyone?

----
26.03.2013 - 14:10
The Turbanator
Njiqahdda released two new EP's. One of them is "Firmaments And The Upper Air".

And another one is called "Initiation".

----
26.03.2013 - 15:49
Edmund Fogg
^ Yes! and Yes! two amazing albums.

Now anybody looking after the new Ghost album?

And premiere NSFW video of Year Zero here

Fresh out of the oven! Guy's been busy!

When Woods Make Graves - Consuming Darkness

Bandcamp
----
26.03.2013 - 23:24
togo95
Have you heard of this band? They play some unusual afro/grind/jazzcore stuff. I found it quite interesting on the first listen.

Bandcamp
26.03.2013 - 23:58
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by The Turbanator on 26.03.2013 at 14:10

Great stuff! Don't want to steal your thunder, but there are also two new Oaks of Bethel recordings out, both of which can be listened to at the EEE Recordings bandcamp.

Other new releases I've learned of: Lake of Blood has a new album coming out later in the year, and according to Austin of Panopticon, it is a killer record.

There's also the Stellar Descent/Aylwin split "Farallon" which was posted for download on Aylwin's bandcamp today.

Additionally, another project related to the Cascadian scene, Evergreen Refuge, has released an album, "Weminuchia," recently. The music reminds me of Fauna and Fearthainne, but with more variation (speaking of which, the new Echtra album "Sky Burial" is also going to be out soon).
27.03.2013 - 00:31
Edmund Fogg
Written by spirit_inblack on 26.03.2013 at 23:58

Other new releases I've learned of: Lake of Blood has a new album coming out later in the year.

That made my day! Thank you.

Now That's one hell of a split LP. Psycho Sludge Huata meets down tempo and ritualistic Sludge Bitcho

Huata/Bitcho - Split LP

Bandcamp
----
27.03.2013 - 07:57
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Anup Sastry - Ghost [Progressive Metal, Djent]

Available for free/name your price: Bandcamp
27.03.2013 - 08:39
The Turbanator
Written by spirit_inblack on 26.03.2013 at 23:58

Written by The Turbanator on 26.03.2013 at 14:10

Great stuff! Don't want to steal your thunder, but there are also two new Oaks of Bethel recordings out, both of which can be listened to at the EEE Recordings bandcamp.

Other new releases I've learned of: Lake of Blood has a new album coming out later in the year, and according to Austin of Panopticon, it is a killer record.

There's also the Stellar Descent/Aylwin split "Farallon" which was posted for download on Aylwin's bandcamp today.

Additionally, another project related to the Cascadian scene, Evergreen Refuge, has released an album, "Weminuchia," recently. The music reminds me of Fauna and Fearthainne, but with more variation (speaking of which, the new Echtra album "Sky Burial" is also going to be out soon).

Haha awesome. I might check them out soon. Echtra's new album is also named "Sky Burial"? Nice!
----
27.03.2013 - 18:36
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
First up we have Reflection Nebula with their latest Ekhar. In interesting mix of Funeral Doom and ambient music that makes for a very soothing journey.

bandcamp

Next is the band Zozobra. This album isn't out yet, but two of the songs can be streamed on bandcamp. Really groovy sludge/hardcore type music.

bandcamp

Pulsar Colony play an interesting mix of genres, all enveloped in a nice coating of black metal. These styles range from avantgarde sections to organ intros. Not too good, but i'm sure some people will enjoy it.

bandcamp

Finally, one I've been anticipating. Like Zozobra, there are only two songs streaming on bandcamp, but you can find an (illegal) download link if you search. Pensees Nocturnes, need I say more?

bandcamp
27.03.2013 - 19:21
Edmund Fogg
Written by Alex F on 27.03.2013 at 18:36

Pulsar Colony play an interesting mix of genres, all enveloped in a nice coating of black metal. These styles range from avantgarde sections to organ intros. Not too good, but i'm sure some people will enjoy it.

What the hell? I thought I followed the guy on Bandcamp and never heard anything after Snowball Earth. Thx will check it out later today.
----
28.03.2013 - 00:45
Paz
Elite
That Zozobra's full stream here.
28.03.2013 - 00:55
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Steak Number Eight has a new record coming out. One of my favorite bands. Post/sludge metal.

----
rekt
28.03.2013 - 04:52
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Searched the topic, and no one mentioned the Svn Okklt 2xCS compilation released by Fallen Empire earlier in the year. The comp. is obviously a manifestation of the blog of the same name and if you are familiar with the content of the blog, the music found in this compilation should have some familiar faces. It features some new and/or overlooked, albeit ingenious, underground black metal artists including recent Profound Lore signees GEVURAH, the Hate Forest-inspired DEATH FORTRESS, and astral black metal stalwarts XOTHIST. Really, every band featured on the comp. is great and has been cranking out the goods in recent times. You can stream it at bandcamp.
28.03.2013 - 10:55
AlexiusElf
Find #1: Xanthochroid

Xanthochroid is an American (Californian) symphonic black metal band who relies on folk influences as well as musical motifs to give their late 2012 release of the full length "Blessed He With Boils" a unique black metal experience for those more geared towards the technical side of the extreme music subgenre. They also have tons of great cover videos on their youtube channel including an impecable folk cover of Wintersun (DAMN the drummer can play the flute and sing, PIPES!). They certainly are a unique music group, and young as hell to boot. They are definately the Pink Frothy AIDS of modern black metal.

Quick album rating: 9.8/10

Find #2: Dawn Of Dementia

Dawn of Dementia is another extremely young band, this time attempting technical death metal. While they aren't reinventing the genre, Dawn Of Dementia's bassist has to be one of the most competent ones currently active in metal. He plays very crisply and cleanly with excellent tone, his 6-string bass material includes some very cool jazz and neoclassical aspects. It sure can get lost in its own technicality, but this band is brutal and has some very versatile music due to its supreme rhythm section. Make sure to check out the epic bass riffing at the 2:08 minute mark. Their E.P. Risiduum came out in the fall of 2012 and it definitely made it on my top 5 list for technical death metal albums

Quick album rating: 8.5/10

Find #3: The Odious

This band is hard to pin down subgenre wise, they are out of Portland, Oregon and are also extremely young. They tend to create really crazy progressive death metal riffing heavy on groove and having riffs enacting styles of multiple genres at once. They released an LP the 18th of last december entitled "Joint Ventures." Its rare for me to give a fuck about lyrics, but the vocalist is a lyrical genius. The album has tracks ranging from just under one minute (mimicing Death-Grind stylistically) to progressive pieces up to just over 10 minute conceptual progressive death metal songs. These guys might not spark your interest in just one song, the album is a must buy though, it will have something to tickle your pickle. This is my favorite song off the album, its very progressive, agressive and has some WILD hooks (the clean vocalist sounds like layne stanley of alice and chains... wut? ).

Quick album rating: 9.5/10

Find #4: Pomegranate Tiger

Weird name, I know, trust me. Not to sound hipster, but these guys' fan page increased its likes 10X after i began following them. This instrumental prog group is not unlike Scale the Summit or Animals as Leaders, and centers around Windsor guitarist Martin Andres (in my eyes, he just blows his contemporaries out of the water). Just goes to show how tight music can get with proper training. This band, however is not a clinic in songwriting, just in raw talent, so at times riffs are played to death, and transitions could be more seamless. But, like i said, this is a clinic in raw talent.

Quick Album Rating: 8/10
28.03.2013 - 17:59
Benjy
I heard a demo by a band called The God Create I liked. I think you can download the demo on their twitter @thegodwecreate I think. Might be worth checking out!
28.03.2013 - 21:13
The Turbanator
Liar In Wait debut release called "Translations Of The Lost". According to their official Facebook page, their genre is Coldwave/Goth/Post Punk.

BANDCAMP

FACEBOOK
----
28.03.2013 - 23:42
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I just found this band Eloa Badass Vadaath, some extreme avant-garde sounds pretty damn awesome.

A track:
https://soundcloud.com/noiseheadrecords/eloa-vadaath-a-dead-end

EDIT: Sorry, it's super pretty fucking damn awesome.
29.03.2013 - 00:30
The Turbanator
Written by Edmund Fogg on 26.03.2013 at 15:49

Fresh out of the oven! Guy's been busy!

When Woods Make Graves - Consuming Darkness

Bandcamp

I fucking love this man. He's probably the most productive metal artist around right now.
----
29.03.2013 - 12:39
The Turbanator
I've been listening to a few Blackened Crust bands, and came across this one. It's a demo but well worth listening.

BANDCAMP
----
29.03.2013 - 13:57
The Turbanator
Funeral doom band from Moscow released a 2 part album.

PART ONE

PART TWO
----
30.03.2013 - 00:12
SShapiro2011
Dude, you guys have to check out Device's new album! Device is David Draiman's new band and it's so good! I can't stop listening... especially to this one track called Vilify. I'll post a link so you guys can hear it here: http://bit.ly/devicevilify
30.03.2013 - 13:14
The Turbanator
Blackgaze/Post Metal from Poland

BANDCAMP
----
31.03.2013 - 06:21
Misfit74
Not quite my usual cup of tea, but this is some seriously heavy stuff. And by that I mean the music.