Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2013

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 31.12.2012 - 18:09
You know the drill. Here's some rather fine sounding Cthulhu driven death metal that's not due for release until 2013, with extraordinarily beautiful cover artwork (check out the detail in the full image):

(Full image here)
08.03.2013 - 13:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Nice creepy shit... I should check out that Nekrasov fella for sure!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.03.2013 - 14:22
Abattoir
Staff
Written by The Turbanator on 13.02.2013 at 05:51

Blackened Sludge from France. Really good but only two tracks

Bandcamp : http://rlht.bandcamp.com/

Nice, very solid tracks. Will keep eye on this release.
09.03.2013 - 09:59
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Ukraine pagan black metallers Zgard released their 2nd full-length album after much-hyped-turned-mediocre-opus "Reclusion".

Streaming.
09.03.2013 - 16:38
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
Greg Chandler, of Esoteric fame, new experimental black metal side project featuring members of Lunar Aurora, and Omega Centauri.

This is the only song online so far, but the album drops in May. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. Came across this when using bandcamp's 'discover' function. God, I love that site.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
09.03.2013 - 16:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Nefarious on 09.03.2013 at 16:38

Greg Chandler, of Esoteric fame, new experimental black metal side project featuring members of Lunar Aurora, and Omega Centauri.

That sounds rather damn fine I have to say. Will definitely look out for that when it's released. That artwork is spectacular too.
09.03.2013 - 16:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
This is also rather nice. A strange sounding atmos-black album. Lazy, trudging and lethargic sound. Good stuff.

09.03.2013 - 17:52
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
Written by Guest on 09.03.2013 at 16:54

That sounds rather damn fine I have to say. Will definitely look out for that when it's released. That artwork is spectacular too.

Yeah the artwork was what initially caught my attention and made me check the band out, before I even realised Greg Chandler was involved I'm glad we only have to wait until May to hear the whole thing
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
09.03.2013 - 17:57
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Guest on 09.03.2013 at 16:56

This is also rather nice. A strange sounding atmos-black album. Lazy, trudging and lethargic sound. Good stuff.

I also checked this out today. Doesn't it seem we are on the "same page" an awful lot? I have been on an atmospheric black binge lately so yea, digging this. Speaking of atmospheric black, have you checked out that Encircling Sea album yet for god's sake? I am waiting to hear what you think about that one. It's one of my favs so far this year!
----
rekt
09.03.2013 - 18:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Haha, sorry, I had the Bandcamp page open the other day as I was going to listen to it I promise I'll give it a going over soon.
09.03.2013 - 23:40
skrog1
Skrog - Dark Metamorphosis -- from the upcoming album The Global Elite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2urLeKilV1A

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
09.03.2013 - 23:52
Sunioj
Imperium Dekadenz - Meadows of Nostalgia

one of my favorite black metal bands from germany, they've had a few great albums in the past and now come with a new release this year. they've taken a new, more etherial approach to the sound which is new for my ears because i've loved their desolate atmosphere, so im still digesting it. definitely worth a shot if you are a fan and even not, but definitely check out their prior releases if you like this:

10.03.2013 - 02:45
Edmund Fogg
New Howling Void fresh out of the oven. Less stellar then his previous relese, but still mighty good.

The Howling Void - Runa

Bandcamp

Old School! Black Thrash meets Black Folk! Dare I say Kvlt az Fvck!

Abigail / Akashah - Axis of Evil

Bandcamp
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
10.03.2013 - 07:46
The Turbanator
Written by Sunioj on 09.03.2013 at 23:52

Imperium Dekadenz - Meadows of Nostalgia

one of my favorite black metal bands from germany, they've had a few great albums in the past and now come with a new release this year. they've taken a new, more etherial approach to the sound which is new for my ears because i've loved their desolate atmosphere, so im still digesting it. definitely worth a shot if you are a fan and even not, but definitely check out their prior releases if you like this:

Ha this is good!
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
10.03.2013 - 12:01
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4W7spPmaVk

Norwegian progressive deathmetallers In Vain have released their new album "Ængima" in Norway, and will release it in the rest of Europe tomorrow. I've heard through it all, and the album is amazing. I've already rated it to a 9, and this is definitely going in in my CD collection.
10.03.2013 - 16:04
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by Fallen Ghost on 10.03.2013 at 12:01

Norwegian progressive deathmetallers In Vain have released their new album "Ængima" in Norway, and will release it in the rest of Europe tomorrow. I've heard through it all, and the album is amazing. I've already rated it to a 9, and this is definitely going in in my CD collection.

Been addicted to this the past few days, great stuff! I'll definitely need to check out their other ones as well.
10.03.2013 - 18:35
The Turbanator
Skagos added 18 minutes of new music to their "Anarchic" album.

Bandcamp

You can pre-order it HERE too.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
10.03.2013 - 20:06
Edmund Fogg
Daemon Worship just keeps pumping out records by talented artists.

Monte Penumbra - Heirloom of Sullen Fall

Bandcamp Cover art is a courtesy of.... Yes! Mories.
----
11.03.2013 - 01:47
Saiyanity
Written by Fallen Ghost on 10.03.2013 at 12:01

Great stuff, love me some Progressive Death Metal.
11.03.2013 - 05:13
Edmund Fogg
Progressive Black Metal anyone?

In Human Form - Earthern Urn

Bandcamp
----
11.03.2013 - 17:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Edmund Fogg on 11.03.2013 at 05:13

I recall trying this a while ago as I thought the cover was badass, I'm pretty sure the music didn't do anything for me though.
11.03.2013 - 20:09
Edmund Fogg
Written by Guest on 11.03.2013 at 17:19

I recall trying this a while ago as I thought the cover was badass, I'm pretty sure the music didn't do anything for me though.

Weird, For me the music is great, kinda jazzy at times, but the cover is hideous. Looks like bad photomanip from the 90's.
----
11.03.2013 - 20:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Edmund Fogg on 11.03.2013 at 20:09

Weird, For me the music is great, kinda jazzy at times, but the cover is hideous. Looks like bad photomanip from the 90's.

I love it. It looks like a paper cut-out collage. Very organic feeling. I love how innocuous looking the spiders are; not doing anything special in particular, and the colour scheme is great.
12.03.2013 - 05:59
Edmund Fogg
Intronaut has made their newest release available for sytreaiming on this weird dutch website. Sounds great!

Intronaut - Habitual Leviations (Instilling Words With Tones)

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/luisterpaal/albums/Intronaut.html
----
12.03.2013 - 13:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Female fronted (and bass-ed) industrial death metal. Vocals are a tad on the screamy side but the music is pretty decent, and the most important thing is that the women are hot.

12.03.2013 - 14:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the Magic Circle debut s/t has been picking up popularity it seems. Trad-doom. Personally I think it's the epitome of bland and uninteresting with no personality of its own, but it seems to be getting good reception.

However, the new Amenta song sounds wicked. Can't wait for the album.

12.03.2013 - 15:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Magic Circle: Snoooooooooooooooore

The Amenta: Yey.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
12.03.2013 - 15:49
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I'm in agreement with Rod and Joe. Why anyone would find the Magic Circle album to be even vaguely interesting is a mystery to me.
13.03.2013 - 04:34
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Necrocurse. Good ole Swedish death metal with that OSDM-style production and kick ass leads and solos.

----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

13.03.2013 - 06:43
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Edmund Fogg on 10.03.2013 at 02:45

Old School! Black Thrash meets Black Folk! Dare I say Kvlt az Fvck!

Abigail / Akashah - Axis of Evil

great stuff. checked it out couple of days back through "Darker Than Black Records" on Facebook. New album soon.
13.03.2013 - 15:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Holy crap, bat-shit insane avant-garde death grind anyone?