Horrorscope
From The Underground And Below
Necroshine
Immortalis

Total votes: 30
29.10.2008 - 14:14
Yossarian
Hi metalstormers.

I have never been a fan of the band. However I enjoy a lot with their first 4 albums. This band was a strong promise on the time and I thought that their musical evolution will rank it eventually among the best known metal bands. Unfortunately, it never happened. So this poll will be my tribute for their great work.

Besides, I did not like very much "Horroscope" and "I hear black" so then I decided not to care for this band any more. -So many bands, so little time". Therefore, I will like to know your votes for their albums after "I Hear Black".

I NEED TO STATE THAT THERE ARE MORE ALBUMS FROM THIS BAND THAT YOU CAN VOTE IN OTHER. My filter for choosing with 8 albums to include in the poll has to do strictly with their "percentage" here at MS.

My vote is for "Taking Over", since it was a clear evolution in technique and the punk style from "Feel the Fire". They were "taking over" a post in the metal scene. Unfortunately they repeated the same format in their previous albums IMO, except in "The Years if Decay", another masterpiece for me.

Well, what do u think?

Bye,

Ross
29.10.2008 - 14:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like almoust each album from ''Feel The Fire'' till ''Horoscope'' so I cant vote, those are best albums IMO, from all 80's thrtsh bands who's survive and realise records till nowdays best are 80's like Metallica, Megadeath, Testament, Overkill, Kreator(expermental are good too) , Sodom, no metter what band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.11.2009 - 19:15
Certainly the years of decay.
29.11.2009 - 00:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
"Under The Influence". That was the first Overkill album I heard, and still the one I like best.

Though Overkill have never made a bad album in my eyes. Even the one I like least, "RelixIV", has some songs I love on it.
29.11.2009 - 19:21
Hellish Star
Taking Over
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
29.11.2009 - 19:21
Hellish Star
Taking Over
----

17.07.2011 - 17:30
JD
Account deleted
I only heard Immortalis, Coverkill , and Horrorscope, between these albums, Horrorscope is the best one by far!, but am not goin to vote, till I hear more stuff by Overkill.
22.07.2011 - 08:44
Void Eater
Account deleted
I vote for other, with the album being Ironbound. An extremly impressive comeback after some mediocre releases for their standards. The production is one of the best I've heard on a thrash album, the riffs are all great, and I'd place the title track on par with the title track for Master of Puppets. Horrorscope would come next, with it's darker mood than their other albums, followed by what Feel the Fire, which while adding nothing new is just a damn good album. Bloodletting, Years of Decay, Taking Over and Under the Influence are on par with each, maybe Taking Over and Under the Influence being slightly below. Necroshine and The Killing Kind are the best of the albums I haven't mentioned yet, and all their other releases are sadly nothing special. Decent, but not great.
22.07.2011 - 13:17
Hellish Star
One of the best live bands ever!
----

20.08.2011 - 02:55
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
The only album I heard by them is The Years Of Decay. Great album, but I'll keep my vote for later.
24.08.2011 - 15:02
For me it was between Taking Over and Years of Decay, Very Tough Choice but I went with Taking Over, First Overkill I owned back in the day. I Actually Saw Overkill last year in Late November/Early December (Forbidden Opened), put on a great show,overall a very fun night.
25.08.2011 - 20:16
Sean 79
Feel the Fire. But none suck. Fantastic band.
14.03.2012 - 04:14
Codera the Great
Account deleted
I'm a newcomer to this band, however I have heard Ironbound, thought it was good, so i voted for that (chose other).
14.03.2012 - 23:03
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Feel The Fire. Its the first album i ever heard from them and is the best i think, even though none of thier album are bad.
17.03.2012 - 12:17
The Years Of Decay is IMO their best album.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
17.03.2012 - 14:10
Branzig
I love all their "classic" period albums, but to me "The Years of Decay" is their quintessential opus. Hands down my fave.
----
In Grind We Crust