Metal Storm logo
Fastest melodic-metal song ever ?

24.06.2007 - 22:34
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
from those i hear so far are really fast Knightraider of Doom by Rhapsody and Operation Ground and Pound by Dragonforce and propably the fastest is Happy Little Boozer by Korpiklaani

and what are your oppinions (and maybe even suggestions for me, because i really like such a super-speed songs sometimes when i'm not in mood to listen to Stratovarius' or Nightwish's ballads

p.s. and please try really only songs from melodic-metal genres, because i belive many extreme and alternative metal bands have fast songs too, but i'm not interested in them too much, rather some speed-power or strong folk metal ;-)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.06.2007 - 22:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hahahah from Melodic I woud say all 80ties heavy metal bands fast songs and I think heavy metal are melodic and speed metal
i would say all Blind Guardain songs are fats, werry fast i love them all so I can choose one
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.06.2007 - 22:51
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
so choose some and give me an example ...i know well only their songs from Nightfall in Middle-Earth and And Then There Was Silence...and none of those seems really fast, definitely not as fast as Happy Little Boozer...
----

24.06.2007 - 23:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 24.06.2007 at 22:51

so choose some and give me an example ...i know well only their songs from Nightfall in Middle-Earth and And Then There Was Silence...and none of those seems really fast, definitely not as fast as Happy Little Boozer...

Try all previusly albums of band all songs are good specely 'Run For The Night' I like live verse of song, ist fast also man someyimes i think BG was fastest melo band in world
----

24.06.2007 - 23:24
Bitch Boy
There are lots of DragonForce really fast songs. I think they're among the fastest, for example "Through the fire and flames".
25.06.2007 - 16:30
Sunioj
Stratovarius - speed of light

What I consider one of the fastest song if not fastest. from the bands I listen to from that area of metal.
25.06.2007 - 19:46
Abattoir
Staff
DragonForce - Through the Fire And Flames or Fields of Despair
27.06.2007 - 07:55
Eternal Flames
Fastest would definitely be something from Dragonforce as already mentioned. I'd say either Through the Fire and Flames, Operation Ground and Pound or Body Breakdown. Body Breakdown isn't a very fast song all the way through, however it's got some pretty fast sections throughout it.
27.06.2007 - 11:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sunioj on 25.06.2007 at 16:30

What I consider one of the fastest song if not fastest. from the bands I listen to from that area of metal.

Nop Startovarius - Against The Wind
----

28.06.2007 - 16:03
Sunioj
Written by Bad English on 27.06.2007 at 11:38

Written by Sunioj on 25.06.2007 at 16:30

Nop Startovarius - Against The Wind

Yup that also a great song...I think the greatest song by strato ever made is twilight symphony...though pretty damn fast in the beginning. Also phoenix is a fast ass song.
28.06.2007 - 16:37
Warman
Erotic Stains
Probably some DragonForce song I guess, I don't listen to them so I can't say which one really...
----
28.06.2007 - 17:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Sunioj on 28.06.2007 at 16:03

I think the greatest song by strato ever made is twilight symphony...

it's a bit OT but i have to disagree with you and claim, that the Stratovarius' best piece is Destiny
----

28.06.2007 - 18:00
Sunioj
Written by Ellrohir on 28.06.2007 at 17:55

Written by Sunioj on 28.06.2007 at 16:03

I think the greatest song by strato ever made is twilight symphony...

it's a bit OT but i have to disagree with you and claim, that the Stratovarius' best piece is Destiny

Fair enough The reason why im Biased for twilight symphony is the string accompanyment thats added at the end of the song...I used to play cello, and I must its a great way to end a song!
28.06.2007 - 20:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
Helloween - Ride The Sky, Gods, that is fast. After that breaking riff everything is chaoticly fast, there is little slower chorus and after that those guitar duo solos, but that is also pretty fast, oh yeah

Stratovarius - Speed Of Light as Hellraizer said, oh, that is really fast, but not that agressive like Helloween, Stratovarius have many fast songs, it is hard to say which one is fastest

From Blind Guardian, Batallions Of Fear is very fast song, Majesty have some real fast parts, and Run For the Night is pretty fast too, from new Blind Guardian songs I really don't knwo any song that can be compared with old one, by speed of course

Running Wild's Diabolic Force is also one of the faster melodic metal songs, Grave Digger have many fast songs, and they are even faster when they are preforming them alive..
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
29.06.2007 - 12:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
dragon.force.through.the.fire.and.flames. i just said it all!
29.06.2007 - 21:32
Robstar
Well I must say Stratovarius - Father Time among many others...
----
Nothing is unreacheable
02.07.2007 - 02:41
Varegan
Hamranakara
some symphony X (i think) musics have real fast and long solos.
but I choose _trough the fire and flames_ by dragonforce.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)

02.07.2007 - 04:52
selken
Irreligious
DragonForce's Fields of Despair features blast beats that were exclusive for Death/Black
and Through the Fire and Flames has IMO the fastest guitar melodies, and DragonForce in general IMO is the fastest, Stratovarius also have fast songs, Speed Of Light, Find Your Own Voice...
----
02.07.2007 - 16:33
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Its so hard to find just one but if i were left with just one, itd be The Drapery Falls by Opeth.
04.07.2007 - 00:02
RavenLord
Written by [user id=5315] on 02.07.2007 at 16:33

Its so hard to find just one but if i were left with just one, itd be The Drapery Falls by Opeth.

Uhhh, what? FASTEST? That song is mid-tempo, especially when compared to the other bands mentioned.

Myself, it'd be something by DragonForce. The trouble is...this isn't a poll, or a 'battle'. There can be no discussion, as one band which plays 'melodic' metal will have played the fastest song; it's most likely DragonForce.

This doesn't change the fact that they such complete ass, though...some people seem to equate playing fast with being good. ¬_¬
----
19.09.2007 - 20:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i will add Nightwish - Nightquest...pretty fast and of course very nice rhymes
----

05.03.2012 - 04:35
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
DragonForce's "Through the fire and Flames."
Slayer's "Angel of death" is faster as hell too, but...
06.03.2012 - 18:46
Branzig
Would, I Am The Black Wizards count?

I know that as far as BPM it isn't as fast as some that you guys have listed, but it is melodic as all fuck, and it's better than power metal haha. (MHO of course )
----
In Grind We Crust