Sound of White Noise
State of Euphoria
Volume 8: The Threat Is Real
We've Come For You All
Stomp 442

Total votes: 69
10.07.2011 - 07:18
king_matt
Out of their 9 studio albums, which one is your favorite?

I'll have to go with the most obvious one, Among the Living, it's just a masterpiece. It's got incredible riffs and Belladonna just nails those vocals. I also really like Spreading the Disease, there's some awesome songs on there.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
10.07.2011 - 11:57
Huntteri
I have to say Sound of White Noise, best John Bush era-album ever! and in my opinion the last classic album from Anthrax. The music is just great heavy metal with a twist and those vocals! *drool*
10.07.2011 - 12:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
"Persistence Of Time" for me! It's incredibly heavy, but also very intelligent, and melodic at times too. I think this was where they really perfected the style they started with "Among The Living".

"Sound Of White Noise" is definitely the best John Bush-era album, and the only one from that era I'd call a classic. Brilliant album! xD
10.07.2011 - 14:12
Huntteri
We've come for you all is also a good album, and in my opinion that is the second best bush-era album, but nothing beats Sound!
10.07.2011 - 14:16
JD
Account deleted
Definitely...Among the Living, it's the only perfect album they made IMO.
10.07.2011 - 16:30
Huntteri
Who voted for Volume 8 :O it's ok if you ask me but saying it's the best is bothering me :O Not saying I'm having a problem with it, I'm just curious
10.07.2011 - 17:49
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Definitely and Exceptionally........."Among the Living"
10.07.2011 - 22:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I always have been fan of 80's albums but every leither after Fistyfull of Metal gets weirder, so I vote for it but I do not like Anthrax after Persistence of Time
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.07.2011 - 22:04
metalmike
SOWN is my favorite followed by PoT, either one are, to me, amazing slabs of metal awesomeness.
10.07.2011 - 23:34
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Only heard Among. Kicks ass really, and it's probably their best, so I'll wait for the vote.
11.07.2011 - 05:06
Arcticus
Among the Living is a clear winner for me - I love Disease and Persistence as well, but AtL pips them in terms of sheer consistency and quality of songwriting. Not really a fan of the Bush era, although I need to listen to those albums more.
11.07.2011 - 06:31
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
It's a toss up between Among The Living or Spreading The Disease. at the moment i'd lean towards "STD" as it seems to have a little more bite to it thanks to sloppier production. i also really dig the "Greater Of Two Evils redoing their best material with Bush.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
14.07.2011 - 17:02
For me it's definitely Spreading The Disease. It's essentially been my soundtrack to life thus far haha
----
Love The Bomb
14.07.2011 - 17:43
Guib
Thrash Talker
LOL obviously Among The Living will win
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
16.07.2011 - 21:10
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
What an easy question.
Go go go Among the Living.

And I'm sure people who voted for other stuff just wanna look different. Not all of them, of course.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
17.07.2011 - 05:15
Void Eater
Account deleted
One of the few bands where the vocalist switch actually did fuck up the band. As for this topic, it would have to be Persistance of Time. It may not be as thrashy as ATL, but has far better songwriting, and is much darker.
17.07.2011 - 17:46
Mattybu
I would say Among the Living. It was the best album for the classic mix of Anthrax of heavy thrashing, but also not be too serious and having a fun side at times.
18.07.2011 - 20:45
T_s_T
It's a tie - Among the living and Fistful of Metal!!! The first one being the best they could be in their own genre, but the latter really lives up to it's name - it's so in the face trash metal!!!
18.07.2011 - 21:08
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by [user id=111774] on 17.07.2011 at 05:15

One of the few bands where the vocalist switch actually did fuck up the band. As for this topic, it would have to be Persistance of Time. It may not be as thrashy as ATL, but has far better songwriting, and is much darker.

disagree. it was the Charlie-Scott show. the vocalist change didn't fuck up the band as much as their declining songwriting did. and their constant personnel changes didn't help... but that extends beyond the vocalists and also includes the lead guitarist and even bassist.

Greater of Two Evils shows that Bush could execute the old stuff. and quite well. unfortunately Scott VH-Ian and Charlie cannot execute like they did in the early to mid-80's.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.07.2011 - 13:20
Hellish Star
Fistful of metal!
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
25.07.2011 - 23:00
Huntteri
No one has voted for Stomp... Why am I not surprised?
11.08.2011 - 00:43
NamwobYnda
Account deleted
Spreading The Disease. That album was more like European speed/power metal with a strong dose of thrash (at least compared to anything else they've done onwards). Plus, Joey Belladonna used high-pitched vocals similiar to Rob Halford or Geoff Tate on that album and I actually prefer his vocals that way.
11.08.2011 - 19:53
Steelreaper
1. Among The living,
2. Soreading The Disease
3. Fistfull Of Metal
4. Persistence Of Time
5. State Of Euphoria

Everything else is either ok or sucks. Now that I have heard the second single off of Worship Music I am doubting it is going to be very good either.
----
"I see the world's bones, I see the world dead" Max Cavalera
05.09.2011 - 17:44
edgethrasherx
Amoung the living, and Persistence of time Just love the heaviness on those albums, and Joey's voice is amazing!
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine
09.09.2011 - 19:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Spreading the Disease

SSC/Stand or Fall, Armed and Dangerous, and Gung Ho are my favorite Anthrax songs. The only song on that album I don't like is Medusa.
09.09.2011 - 22:05
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Spreading the Disease. Nothing beats A.I.R. or Gung-Ho. Among the Living was very close in quality though.