Poll

which is the best?

Priest's original
Slayer's cover

Total votes: 22
26.10.2007 - 13:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
the priest version of this song is the most heavy as shit thing to beautifully pound my ear drums until venom's debut in 81, but the slayer version is also very good, with a great groove metal touch to it, though i choose priest, almost just because of that SCREEEEAAM at 0:30 or so, and for the fact that it's like you took a goregrind album and released it in 84, it was that heavy for it's day
26.10.2007 - 13:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmmmmm about what song you talk?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.10.2007 - 13:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bad English on 26.10.2007 at 13:42

obviously, the song called "dissident aggressor" on priest's "sin after sin" and slayer's "south of heaven"
26.10.2007 - 13:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 26.10.2007 at 13:47

Written by Bad English on 26.10.2007 at 13:42

obviously, the song called "dissident aggressor" on priest's "sin after sin" and slayer's "south of heaven"

Ok I see but I cant coment because I had only fiew times hear it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.10.2007 - 15:16
Charly546
Although Slayers cover is pretty good, it just can't match the original version.
27.10.2007 - 04:06
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
slayer for me - the added aggresssion and brutality gets it for me
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.10.2007 - 06:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I prefer Judas Priest's version for one big reason - you know the part where Halford sings Stab! Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwl! Punch! Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl!? Well, in the Slayer version, they just play a high note instead of singing Baaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwl! and Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl!.

That's what ruined the Slayer version for me.
27.10.2007 - 17:50
Sonsofsabbath
I also prefer priest's version. Priests music in general has more colour than Slayer's. I find slayer's music one deminsional, and deviod of melody. For heaviness it works, but I bore of it quickly, because I need melody to hold my interests. Judas priest are masters of blending melody with heaviness, take Beyond the realms of death as an example, it uses a trraditional progression of chords, the same progression you find in Styx's Miss America, but adds the heaviness by way of metal fiffing. Moreover, Halford's voice exhibits colour and varied emotion, not just anger and hate, Halford can actually sing, go figure hey. Is growling , yelling and screaming musical ? at times it can add emotion to the music, but as the only form of vocals does it add or detract from the song??
13.06.2009 - 14:21
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I don't like tha slayer cover so....
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
09.07.2009 - 10:44
IronBlackZepp
Written by Sonsofsabbath on 27.10.2007 at 17:50

I also prefer priest's version. Priests music in general has more colour than Slayer's. I find slayer's music one deminsional, and deviod of melody. For heaviness it works, but I bore of it quickly, because I need melody to hold my interests. Judas priest are masters of blending melody with heaviness, take Beyond the realms of death as an example, it uses a trraditional progression of chords, the same progression you find in Styx's Miss America, but adds the heaviness by way of metal fiffing. Moreover, Halford's voice exhibits colour and varied emotion, not just anger and hate, Halford can actually sing, go figure hey. Is growling , yelling and screaming musical ? at times it can add emotion to the music, but as the only form of vocals does it add or detract from the song??

You are very right about the fact that slayer is very one deminsional. I love the Priest version, it is a classic. What about the Slayer version? Well what about it. it is lacking. The thing you must realise though is that Slayers stile of metal deos not call for melody like some other stiles of metal. They are great for what they do, all though I am not a fan, its all about aggressive playing and vocals. Priest on the other hand can play almost or mabey even any stile of metal they want. Why, because of Halford and the range of his vocals. So you can look at it any way you want, but the original is best either way
19.08.2009 - 01:25
Razorback
Both versions kick ass,but this time priest
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
22.09.2011 - 19:52
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Priest's original. For Dangerboner's reason mainly.