Metal Storm logo
Ministry - To End Career On Masters Of Rock

Industrial metal legends from USA Ministry announced they will end their long and successful career this year. They are currently preparing for their last tour which will end 10th of July in Czech Republic at Masters Of Rock 2008 festival, where they will play their last concert. And then? Nothing more...

Masters Of Rock Official Homepage :

"Americans MINISTRY gained during their long music career enormous success. They were nominated for Grammy Awards several times, in 2000 they lost only with Black Sabbath. The last nomination is from 2007! Yes, Ministry is still very actual band and real legend! It's a cult of industrial metal. Ministry released a new album called "The Last Sucker" and goes on their last world's tour."

Source: mastersofrock.cz
Band profile: Ministry
Posted: 17.01.2008 by Ellrohir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 36   Visited by: 109 users
17.01.2008 - 22:17
Existenzangst
Account deleted
wow this was unanticipated, at least to me.
17.01.2008 - 22:18
iaberis
Advice Troll
I never liked this band... they were more into punk than metal...
----
Bitch! Please
17.01.2008 - 22:44
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by iaberis on 17.01.2008 at 22:18

they were more into punk than metal...

therefore they gain those Grammy nominations
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.01.2008 - 22:46
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Ellrohir on 17.01.2008 at 22:44

they were more into punk than metal...

therefore they gain those Grammy nominations

this doesn't tell me anything... Britney Spears had some of these awards too!
----
Bitch! Please
17.01.2008 - 22:58
Asitis

I saw them at Wacken (accidentially) while waiting for Amon Amarth, and dude, they were pretty damn metal!
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
17.01.2008 - 23:06
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Asitis on 17.01.2008 at 22:58

I saw them at Wacken (accidentially) while waiting for Amon Amarth, and dude, they were pretty damn metal!

Yeah, live, they may be a lot better, but form what I judge from their CDs, I don't like it...
----
Bitch! Please
17.01.2008 - 23:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What a good news sint it lay lady lay, Stay lady Stay
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.01.2008 - 23:46
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by iaberis on 17.01.2008 at 23:06

Written by Asitis on 17.01.2008 at 22:58

Yeah, live, they may be a lot better, but form what I judge from their CDs, I don't like it...

I reckon you didn't listen to any of their last three albums?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
18.01.2008 - 00:18
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Gay Lussac: Only their attitude was Punk.

but anyway, wow, this is unexpected.
18.01.2008 - 00:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
yes, i too wasnt expecting this at all.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
18.01.2008 - 00:58
Walter Wolf
Account deleted

I saw your favourite songs list, gay, no wonder you don't like ministry
18.01.2008 - 01:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
wow, a couple clueless posters visiting the ministry news... perhaps you should stick to what you know before commenting, eh?

better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.01.2008 - 01:59
Vunts
Well, at least their career ended while not being in a drain. They probably did all they wanted. Always enjoyable to see bands that know they should end it before making an album that ruins their last days.
Or well something like that at least...
18.01.2008 - 02:45
HardSide
Unexpected? They kept saying that they last album was gonna be there last. And maybe you should listen to Psalm 69...tell me that isnt metal.
18.01.2008 - 09:42
Asitis
Written by [user id=27967] on 18.01.2008 at 00:58

Ghehe yeah, HIM, Rammstein, Sonic Syndicate...
No offence (well, maybe a bit) but this guy doesn't even seem to know what "metal" means!
----
18.01.2008 - 16:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Asitis on 18.01.2008 at 09:42

Written by [user id=27967] on 18.01.2008 at 00:58

No offence (well, maybe a bit) but this guy doesn't even seem to know what "metal" means!

Mmm HIM and Sonic Syndicate... I'm with you, for me those bands sucks really bad.
But the first three CDs of Rammstein,,, They are pure Industrial Metal without doubt.

Sad news... At least their last era is facking awesome!!!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.01.2008 - 18:06
Stigma
Account deleted
Well, it's always better to stop before it's too late.

But what I'm surprised is that some of you guys were surprised about Ministry quitting, pretty old news if you ask me.
18.01.2008 - 18:25
iaberis
Advice Troll

Well, how the fuck do you know how metal am I? Do you know me? Do you know what I've been listening to??
Check my effin collection and then speak.
I know far more bands than you do.
I have an effin PhD in metal!
...fucking effin! grrr...
----
Bitch! Please
18.01.2008 - 18:33
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by HardSide on 18.01.2008 at 02:45

Unexpected? They kept saying that they last album was gonna be there last. And maybe you should listen to Psalm 69...tell me that isnt metal.

Actually I did buy that shitty album and it was the worst thing I've ever heard. That was pure industrial punk... NOT metal! I traded it with an Evanescence album to prove how shitty it was...
----
Bitch! Please
18.01.2008 - 18:36
Asitis
Written by iaberis on 18.01.2008 at 18:25

Well, how the fuck do you know how metal am I? Do you know me? Do you know what I've been listening to??
Check my effin collection and then speak.
I know far more bands than you do.
I have an effin PhD in metal!
...fucking effin! grrr...

Excuse me, but I don't get the meaning of "effin". Top that, I run my own metal webzine, and I get loads of cds from labels like Cruz Del Sol to Metalblade en Century Media, there's few I don't know
----
18.01.2008 - 18:44
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Asitis on 18.01.2008 at 18:36

Excuse me, but I don't get the meaning of "effin". Top that, I run my own metal webzine, and I get loads of cds from labels like Cruz Del Sol to Metalblade en Century Media, there's few I don't know

Hm... then you're probably quite metal too, maybe you reach my level!
Nice site, I write too reviews for a webzine, you know...
----
Bitch! Please
18.01.2008 - 21:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
oh please put your e-peen away and STFU about how metal you are. You're collection is not particularly impressive, nor is your command of metal if you still think Ministry is Industrial Punk.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.01.2008 - 22:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by iaberis on 18.01.2008 at 18:33

Actually I did buy that shitty album and it was the worst thing I've ever heard. That was pure industrial punk... NOT metal! I traded it with an Evanescence album to prove how shitty it was...

If you think the last couple of albums or even Pslam 69 is industrial punk then you really need your ears fixed. This is pure unadultered industrial metal as industrial metal gets. It pisses all over that poor excuse for industrial metal called Rammstein.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.01.2008 - 22:49
HardSide
Written by iaberis on 18.01.2008 at 18:33

I'm glad somebody bought atleast one Evanescence album. Gotta support even the lowest of the low. Are we about done here? And whats wrong with punk? A lot of grindcore these days uses punk rifts and influences, from your posts all I see is that you "hate" bands/albums because they are not "Metal", which is fine by me, everybody has there own tastes and opinions, but you on the other hand just base a band on there genre classification, or the way you classify it.

You sir, with your "massive" amount of metal collection, with your 600 black metal t-shirts in your closet, with your army boots and spiked bands...are not metal. Let me guess you burned all of your metallica cd's when the band stopped being popular and you started to follow everybody else like a sheep.
18.01.2008 - 23:05
Deadsoulman
Elite
I gotta be with everybody here... Ministry is like the epitome of industrial metal. You have to be deaf to not get that. Saying the contrary shows how much you don't know, no matter how extensive (or not extensive, I didn't bother checking that) your collection is. It's easy to buy albums, much less to know what you're talking about.
19.01.2008 - 04:41
iaberis
Advice Troll
I never said I don't like something that's not metal. It's my right to say that I don't like something. And yes I hate this band for various reasons and I hate it because I have the right and it's my own opinion. And I'm far more open-minded in music than any other kid in this forum.
And because I like industrial I don't have to like Ministry too...
And no, I never liked Metallica for your information, HardSide.
Got that everyone? Now stop bashing me for my beliefs or go create your own webzine and call it Nazi Storm - The house of non-freedom of speech.

and P.S. I never said they suck. I only said I don't like them. There's a major difference in that.
P.S. II: I said shitty album in my opinion too.
P.S. III: Rammstein is 100 times more industrial metal than Psalm 69.
----
Bitch! Please
19.01.2008 - 12:55
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by iaberis on 19.01.2008 at 04:41

I never said I don't like something that's not metal. It's my right to say that I don't like something. And yes I hate this band for various reasons and I hate it because I have the right and it's my own opinion. And I'm far more open-minded in music than any other kid in this forum.
Got that everyone? Now stop bashing me for my beliefs or go create your own webzine and call it Nazi Storm - The house of non-freedom of speech.

and P.S. I never said they suck. I only said I don't like them. There's a major difference in that.

Well, everyone here mostly criticized you NOT about your dislike of Ministry (it's your right), but about your deafness and unwillingness to recognize that, whatever you might think of it, Ministry ARE industrial metal. Moreso, one of the founders.
And now, I'll add that I'm pretty pleased with the openmindedness of NaziStorm, thank you. Certainly more than yours and your little ego ("And I'm far more open-minded in music than any other kid in this forum.").
Also, you've been on MS for long enough to know that some metalstormers tease and taunt... Calm down, Iaberis ! And remember that each and everyone metalhead in this fucking world is intimately sure that he hold the truth about what is metal and what is not...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
19.01.2008 - 16:08
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Darkside Momo on 19.01.2008 at 12:55

Written by iaberis on 19.01.2008 at 04:41

Well, everyone here mostly criticized you NOT about your dislike of Ministry (it's your right), but about your deafness and unwillingness to recognize that, whatever you might think of it, Ministry ARE industrial metal. Moreso, one of the founders.
And now, I'll add that I'm pretty pleased with the openmindedness of NaziStorm, thank you. Certainly more than yours and your little ego ("And I'm far more open-minded in music than any other kid in this forum.").
Also, you've been on MS for long enough to know that some metalstormers tease and taunt... Calm down, Iaberis ! And remember that each and everyone metalhead in this fucking world is intimately sure that he hold the truth about what is metal and what is not...

You're right...
Fuck it, I won't argue any more for pointless things, especially with people who can't accept a different opinion...
----
Bitch! Please
19.01.2008 - 19:32
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
we can accept a different position - liking ministry or not - however your classification is flat out wrong. i am honestly sorry you are so wrapped up in yourself and how "metal" you are that you cannot admit you were wrong.

frankly, i couldn't really give a flying fuck at a rolling donut whether or not you like Psalm 69.

it's your "i know more than you" and "maybe you reach my level" cocky attitude. it's pathetic. even moreso when you are WRONG.

understand this, oh egotistical one, no matter how much you think you know about anything, there is always someone who knows more than you do.

learn to accept your errors, learn what you can from them, and move forward.
----

21.01.2008 - 00:36
Talvi
"Hm... then you're probably quite metal too, maybe you reach my level! "

You should have stopped arguing after reading that...
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi

Hits total: 3333 | This month: 6