Devildriver Vs. Lamb Of God

Poll

Which band is better?

Lamb Of God
Devildriver

Total votes: 102
26.01.2008 - 16:52
Olli
Both bands have a fairly similiar style, a mixture of metalcore, groove and trash metal. Both bands seem to be getting better and better and more melodic. I choose Devildriver out of the two because I prefer Dez's vocals, but I really like both bands
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
26.01.2008 - 17:33
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I was gonna say Lamb sucks slightly less because of their guitar/drum skill potential and the lyrics aren't as lame, but Redneck is pretty reprehensible so I don't know. Might vote after I've heard a couple more albums, Satan forbid I hear them.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to [url=../bands/album.php?album_id=28982]wind up[/url] on Sundays
26.01.2008 - 17:39
RockeRoy
Lamb of god is amaizing, devildriver is cool to, lamb of god gets my vote
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
26.01.2008 - 17:54
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
i've listen these two bands so long ago that i can barely remember... i just remember that i liked devildriver in the time that i was only a nu metal fan (love the song I Could Care Less).. never listen their newer albuns.
And Lamb of god... well... i'm just not a big fan.. never felt anything different in their songs.
so my vote is on devildriver.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
26.01.2008 - 18:49
In Chaos
both bands is really cool, but i have to say that i'm a bigger fan of Devildriver than Lamb of god. but i have listened to Lamb of god much longer than Devildriver. but anyways Devildriver gets my vote.
26.01.2008 - 23:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lamb of God because I like musicaly this band better even I dont like tham so much, cant stand DD
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.01.2008 - 03:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
LIKE OMG YOU GUYS ARE SO IGNORANT FOR LISTENING TO GAY POPULAR METAlllL!

Lamb of God is awesome Their drummer is crazy and they put on a great live show. I didn't even like them until I saw them live the day before they released As The Palaces Burn (when they still played Burn the Priest songs) and they blew me away. I don't really listen to their CD's anymore though.

As for Devildriver, I got tired of their first two albums, but their newest one is filled with groove and they are also pretty good live. I just don't listen to them very often anymore.
27.01.2008 - 05:07
b0000mst1ck
devildriver's latest CD is pretty impressive. other than that, i like one song from their first two releases (title track from fury of...).

and "redneck" just shows that any good band could become terrible. no offense, but it just isn't the lamb of god i grew up listening to. anyway, i'd still choose them over DD because of as the palaces burn.

btw, chris adler is THE MAN!!!
27.01.2008 - 20:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Devildriver, I have there 2 latest albums and think there great, and they put on an awesome show. I bought 1 Lamb Of God album and couldn't sit through more than 3 or 4 songs, so I went off and pawned it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
21.02.2008 - 16:02
IllNiñoSweden
I vote Lamb Of God. Because I like the singer: Randy Blythe. And the drums and the guitars too.
For me is, Devildriver is only OK band.

And I wish the latest album with Lamb Of God (Sacrament).
And I wish Lamb Of Gods album Ashes Of The Wake too.
22.02.2008 - 18:41
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Very hard to choose, bc i like both bands a lot. I chose Lamb Of God because I prefer Randy alittle more than Dez, but I love both bands.
23.02.2008 - 08:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
As far as seeing them live I heard they are both equally as solid (I haven't seen LoG personally but I've seen impressive vids and heard great things from some friends). So as far as live competition goes, depends what you like better gargantuan circle pits or the wall of death?
----
- George Carlin
23.02.2008 - 09:04
m3t4lh34d
Well, I guess they are somewhat similar... although in my opinion Lamb Of God's 'Ashes Of The Wake' alone puts Devildriver's entire discography to shame.

That coupled with the fact that LoG blows DD away live, I have seen both bands a few times.
05.04.2008 - 20:55
DIO Is God
Account deleted
I love both bands, but for this one, I'm going to have to go with Devildriver. Their debut album was killer.
06.04.2008 - 10:45
LoverOfDarkness3
Account deleted
I love both bands a lot, but I voted for Devildriver because atm they are probably my second favorite band, after Pantera.
09.04.2008 - 01:35
MorbidGod
Account deleted
For Fkn BelialSAKE....r u ppl really arguin this.....Lamb Of God has a long history of encountrin trash thrash metal bands....
i think we under-estimate lamb of god by comparin their kingdom of splendor by those suckerz"DevilDriver"
do the math....try to make some researches about the qualifications n history both bands have....MORTALZ....lamb of god Prevailz
09.04.2008 - 01:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=31947] on 09.04.2008 at 01:35

For Fkn BelialSAKE....r u ppl really arguin this.....Lamb Of God has a long history of encountrin trash thrash metal bands....
i think we under-estimate lamb of god by comparin their kingdom of splendor by those suckerz"DevilDriver"
do the math....try to make some researches about the qualifications n history both bands have....MORTALZ....lamb of god Prevailz

OK, well, the little sense I made of that nonsensical post was that you think DevilDriver sucks. But you can't try and tell me "Sacrament" was better than "The Last Kind Words".
----
- George Carlin
09.04.2008 - 08:52
Abattoir
Staff
Lamb of God. The Sacrament is amazing album for me
15.10.2008 - 09:01
Barbaydos
Account deleted
Lamb Of God for sure DevilDriver are amazing and are just as good but Lamb Of God is still better, mainly because they have more albums, more songs and more flexibility when it comes songs, song types and just general playing ability and creativity.
15.10.2008 - 12:20
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
lamb of gods drummer is nuts. most of their albums are good but their redneck video was hooribly mainstream. i dont find devil driver to be that good and i pick lamb of god simply because they make better music.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.10.2008 - 12:53
Demon Warrior
Account deleted
I picked Lamb Of God, because I prefer Randy's vocals over Dez's, not that DevilDriver are a bad band, I just like Lamb Of God more especially after Sacrament
16.10.2008 - 10:02
Barbaydos
Account deleted
Written by [user id=35314] on 15.10.2008 at 12:53

I picked Lamb Of God, because I prefer Randy's vocals over Dez's, not that DevilDriver are a bad band, I just like Lamb Of God more especially after Sacrament

yeah, Lamb of God was already really good by the time that Sacrament came out but afterwards they were even bigger and better. that happened after the release of killidelphia as well
16.10.2008 - 22:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by [user id=34405] on 16.10.2008 at 10:02

Written by [user id=35314] on 15.10.2008 at 12:53

yeah, Lamb of God was already really good by the time that Sacrament came out but afterwards they were even bigger and better. that happened after the release of killidelphia as well

They were already big at that time too. Lamb of God shot into the mainstream before As the Palaces Burn was released - they were even on the Freddy vs Jason soundtrack lol.
29.10.2008 - 03:46
thesabbathfan
Devildriver, merely because it's more melodic

but I love both =]
----
29.10.2008 - 04:15
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I prefer Lamb of God. The sound is better overall and more technical. Willy is also a great drummer. Devildriver is great live but I think their boring as fuck on CD and lack any real depth. in my opinion
----
Coldgrits
11.12.2008 - 17:11
Frankenchrist
Gotta give it to Lamb of God. they're just a better band.
----
Blat Blat
11.12.2008 - 21:32
Luciferion
Lamb of God wins for me... They are the better of the two live (devildriver is still wicked live though). Album wise i prefer Lamb of God as well, ashes and palaces blow away devildriver's releases, but that being said, the new Devildriver album (last kind words) does beat out sacrament by a fair margin.
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
16.12.2008 - 14:53
Lemonyrhus
DEVILDRIVER!!! b***** à c** de p***** de m**** !!!
Ow sorry, I can't say it other than in french only, this is one of my favourite band ^^
----
http://www.lastfm.fr/user/The_cyrhus
27.12.2008 - 11:36
Chriss26
LAMB OF GOD gets my vote for sure ...
but devil driver is not bad ...
27.12.2008 - 19:19
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Now that i listen to these two bands properly, im sure to choose DevilDriver. Their last two works are very good, certainly better than Lamb Of God.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/