Metal Storm logo
Concert Going and Moshpit tips

28.05.2008 - 05:11
-Valhalla-
I figure we can compile some tips about going to metal concerts, because it can get rough, and that can stop you from focusing on the band. They may seem like common sense, but you'd be surpised.
Heres a few:
-Wear high laced shoes like boots or converse allstars so you don't loose em.
-Free water comes from the bathroom sinks. (if you're ultra dehydrated and low on money or you're saving to buy merch)
-Take the shit out of your pockets before your crowdsurf (i have a collection of cellphones because of this)
-If you fall on the ground during a mosh, close your mouth, and bite down, my friends cousin has permanent jaw pain for the rest of his life from getting it kicked in at a pantera show.
-Take a shower right before a show and you wont sweat as much

Your turn
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
28.05.2008 - 07:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
get drunk so you can't feel pain
before the show, make friends with the biggest dudes you can find
always be the aggressor - don't just stand around like a jackass
try to be in the back of the pit
always flex
28.05.2008 - 08:39
b0000mst1ck
i only have one tip...

if the band starts trying to get a circle pit going, get the hell out of the pit. the singer always say to pick up anyone that falls, but no one ever does because they're too busy trying not to turn into a human floormat.
28.05.2008 - 11:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
You can give tips for moshpit? ahah

I just say, have fun dude
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.05.2008 - 04:39
-Valhalla-
Written by b0000mst1ck on 28.05.2008 at 08:39

i only have one tip...

if the band starts trying to get a circle pit going, get the hell out of the pit. the singer always say to pick up anyone that falls, but no one ever does because they're too busy trying not to turn into a human floormat.

Yeah, but if you run fast enough, you become the stampeder, and the guy infront of you becomes the doormat.
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
29.05.2008 - 05:37
b0000mst1ck
Written by -Valhalla- on 29.05.2008 at 04:39

Written by b0000mst1ck on 28.05.2008 at 08:39

i only have one tip...

Yeah, but if you run fast enough, you become the stampeder, and the guy infront of you becomes the doormat.

haha, yeah. i've only been in a few circle pits (when i was younger), but i was never in a small one where i had enough space to run freely. they were more along the line of "push the person in front of you to keep from falling" pit.

either way, i don't see the point in something like that. why waste 25 bucks to go slam people for a few hours and not remember hearing the band you wanted to see in the first place? if i want to kick someone's ass/get my ass beat i'll go to a bar and pick a fight for free.
29.05.2008 - 17:51
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
ah i never go in moshpits/circle pits or any of that shit. i go to see a band because i love the music not because i wanna be stamped on and pushed around. i would just say dont or keep to the edge
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
29.05.2008 - 18:08
TheBigRossowski
Moshpit was one of the highlights of my life before I had an accident. Now, I haven't moshed in...maybe two years (vertebrae), but I think given time I might get back in. Its a fuckin' rush! I've spent most of my time just headbanging because it doesn't make my back as sore the next day.

Here are just some of my thoughts though
-Keep your balance. Lot of people fall and there will be people to help you up. However, if you can just keep your balance and keep pressure in your feet, you might not be the one on the ground. (the last time I fell was because some dick pushed me while I was headbanging).
-Be polite. If you see that someone doesn't want too, don't push them because they might generally have a reason (LIKE A FUCKED UP BACK!)
-Don't be that gay ass emo kid swinging your arms because you're just going to punch someone and piss them off. If I got punched by someone, I'd be pissed and I'd probably punch you back....unless you buy me alcohol...

Enjoy the pit!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
30.05.2008 - 07:21
Herzebeth
FUCKING GREAT TOPIC!!!!

Yeah the large shoe laces or converse all-stars are a MUST, ok here are my tips.

-If you get tired just go for a beer and say you just want to get drunk so people don't see you as weak

-Always use light clothing, go naked if it's possible, less clothes means more confort and more chances to get laid

-ALWAYS TAKE A SHIT BEFORE GOING TO THE CONCERT....you don't want to sit on those toilets believe me...you don't :'(

-Buy merch AFTER THE GIG IS DONE...most times when they see there are few people left they'll surely low their prices....the bad thing is you won't have much merch left...

Written by Dangerboner on 28.05.2008 at 07:54

always flex

FUCKING LOL!!! Made me remember when a dude was all stiff and another dude fell on the stiff dude's back...he broke his right leg and I laughed so hard at him because he just wanted to look interesting and badass...he got owned instead...
----
30.05.2008 - 07:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
- never shower...the worse you smell makes you more grindcore and brutal in the pit
- focus on the little 14 year olds to make you look tougher
- get a boner so that people fear you more
30.05.2008 - 07:51
Herzebeth
-Get A Boner so girls feel you more!

-Try and look tough, if you're in a non metal concert bring the goriest tee you have...

-Don't throw kicks in the moshpit, that's so metalcore and someone will want to break your face in three different places...
----
30.05.2008 - 07:58
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I actually started a 101 Rules of Going to a Concert sometime in 2006, right after I wrote the 101 Rules of Being a Metalstormer, but it's still not done. Maybe I'll finish it sometime xD
03.06.2008 - 02:27
DorianGray
hehe good tips I guess ..

i will add one

- dont drink TO much
you dont want people to puke over you in the moshpit
or puke on them
----
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself, with desire for what its monstrous laws have made monstrous and unlawful."
03.06.2008 - 12:23
owl
Tip from one who prefers to attend concerts in order to pay attention to what's happening on stage, but has nothing against who'd rather mosh the whole time:

Try to keep to ONE moshpit. People who try to escape from it would appreciate if there weren't three or four pits in the audience.

Thank you so much.
----
03.06.2008 - 13:31
TheBigRossowski
Written by Dangerboner on 30.05.2008 at 07:24

- never shower...the worse you smell makes you more grindcore and brutal in the pit
- focus on the little 14 year olds to make you look tougher
- get a boner so that people fear you more

Or perhaps they'll laugh at you, haha! A boner? What the hell...

I have no new comments or tips! Have fun!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
03.06.2008 - 13:34
Charly546
Don't be an ass.

Don't pull people into moshpit. Remember, some people are there to see and hear the band.

If you are very drunk, don't mosh.

Don't take your shirt off. Unless you have a bodybuilders body. And even then, don't take your shirt off.
Nobody likes those shirtless sweaty guys.
03.06.2008 - 23:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I hate those fuckers who mosh without shirts. They're usually sweaty fat guys too
04.06.2008 - 04:48
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
This is what I always do, especially when there are a bunch of younger folk who are all about slam dancing and fighting the invisible ninjas monkeys.

1. Wear a kilt. I usually wear one of my Utilikilts, that has studs and chains on ir. You look like the Heavy Metal Braveheart and no one wants to mess with you.
2. Calmly and politely inform the small scene-core kids who talk to you that you are a martial artists and can paralyze them from the neck down in less than three seconds.
3. Inform them of my job. "Yeah, I'm a pastor." No one wants to get in a fight with the Jesus freak.
4. Pick out a target during the Wall of Death. He'll see you coming and hind behind his friends. Four victims for the price of one. Nothing like some good ol' Hardcore bowling.
5. Pound two beers down at the same time. We're not going for quality of the booze but quantity here.
----
(space for rent)
04.06.2008 - 09:32
b0000mst1ck
Written by DorianGray on 03.06.2008 at 02:27

hehe good tips I guess ..

i will add one

- dont drink TO much
or puke on them

i've actually seen that happen. up close, nonetheless. the first band hadn't played for 15 minutes before the dude stopped about 10 feet away from my sister and i, and just puked everywhere. although, it was more entertaining watching a huge, tattooed bouncer mop it up lol.
05.06.2008 - 03:57
-Valhalla-
Written by Dane Train on 04.06.2008 at 04:48

This is what I always do, especially when there are a bunch of younger folk who are all about slam dancing and fighting the invisible ninjas monkeys.

1. Wear a kilt. I usually wear one of my Utilikilts, that has studs and chains on ir. You look like the Heavy Metal Braveheart and no one wants to mess with you.

Thats a good idea, i would wear one to a lamb of god show if they didn't cost so much.

Written by b0000mst1ck on 04.06.2008 at 09:32

Written by DorianGray on 03.06.2008 at 02:27

or puke on them

i've actually seen that happen. up close, nonetheless. the first band hadn't played for 15 minutes before the dude stopped about 10 feet away from my sister and i, and just puked everywhere. although, it was more entertaining watching a huge, tattooed bouncer mop it up lol.

i remember there were like 2 fat 4 feet tall girls in the squeeze up front, and they couldn't breath and were about to die, and me and 3 other people pretty much forced them to crowdsurf so they could get out of the suffocating crowd
----
05.06.2008 - 06:17
ASiema113
Here's a tip if you want to get as close to the stage as possible, but the problem is that there's a horde of rabid fans just as willing to get to the front as you.

When you get caught up in one of those moments when the whole crowd begins to sway back & forth, not like a pit & not something that involves holding up lighters. But anyways, when this starts to happen start to push into the people infront of you & slip into their spot.

*This also works when people from behind you start to push & start the dominio effect(I've taken advantage of this & ended up next the right-front side of the stage during a Dimmu concert, so it works well if done right despite the turnout of the crowd.)

The key is to be quick about it & make it seem completely natural as if you had no intent of getting infront of anyone(Sort of like a pickpocket, but the only thing you'll be stealing is someone's spot.) I call it the 'bump & slide' or 'B.S.' for short.
----

Written by [user id=22888] on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
05.06.2008 - 23:16
Gordon Freeman
Written by ASiema113 on 05.06.2008 at 06:17

Here's a tip if you want to get as close to the stage as possible, but the problem is that there's a horde of rabid fans just as willing to get to the front as you.

When you get caught up in one of those moments when the whole crowd begins to sway back & forth, not like a pit & not something that involves holding up lighters. But anyways, when this starts to happen start to push into the people infront of you & slip into their spot.

*This also works when people from behind you start to push & start the dominio effect(I've taken advantage of this & ended up next the right-front side of the stage during a Dimmu concert, so it works well if done right despite the turnout of the crowd.)

The key is to be quick about it & make it seem completely natural as if you had no intent of getting infront of anyone(Sort of like a pickpocket, but the only thing you'll be stealing is someone's spot.) I call it the 'bump & slide' or 'B.S.' for short.

On the other hand...if someone where to attempt the Bump & Slide (TM) on you a good Elbow To The Face (Patent Pending) is the appropriate response!
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
06.06.2008 - 05:05
-Valhalla-
Written by Gordon Freeman on 05.06.2008 at 23:16

On the other hand...if someone where to attempt the Bump & Slide (TM) on you a good Elbow To The Face (Patent Pending) is the appropriate response!

You could also administer the Spinal Cord Removal Sodomizing© on some hardcore dancers who think they're tough. I've only had to use it once.
----
15.06.2008 - 05:30
ASiema113
Written by Gordon Freeman on 05.06.2008 at 23:16

Although if the 'bump & slide' should fall upon ill fortune such as the 'patent pending elbow to the face' then you could always counter with the popular 'liquer & flicker'. In which you take a bottle of vodka & smash it over the offender's head & then set them on fire...and if necessary continue to kick the living hell out of the offender, to the point of where people begin asking you "wtf are you doing?!". In case of this scenerio claim that you were merly trying to put out the flaming heap before the whole building caught aflame.
----

Written by [user id=22888] on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
15.06.2008 - 18:32
Sunioj
Written by Dangerboner on 03.06.2008 at 23:41

I hate those fuckers who mosh without shirts. They're usually sweaty fat guys too

Yeah, what the fuck is up with that? I know they like metal, but I don't want to get my hands sticky from pushing one of those greasy cunts off of me.

Tip #1: Don't get stoned before going in the pit. Alcohol. ALCOHOL!
15.06.2008 - 22:27
Dagorwen
just as an introduction, two lines about my first moshpit (and also my first concert), friends told me we were going to a "rock" frestival, so I thought of Woodstock and wear boatshoes (very light shoes) instead of my usual army boots and a girly top... and I discovered an army of metalheads, of course, as I'm crazy, I pounced in the moshpit and enjoyed it, but lost a shoe and end up with a skined feet, then I get hurted in the mouth an bled, and finaly I got a beer shower... it was awsome!!!!

so, my tips
_ don't wear armour rings, you could blind somebody or catch some dude's hairs (I once was linked to a fellow metalhead's ring by the hair in a moshpit, it was very uncomfortable, for you can't shout: what if we get out of here to solve this little hair problem?)
_avoid the glasses, use lenses
_for a girl: have good bras, or no boobs (like me, hahaha! moshpit = the revenge of the boobless girls!)
_get a beer whil moshing, you pour beer on everybody, it's expensive but cool!
_if you wear a kilt and you do the wall of war, show your ass before like in Braveheart!
_as it was said before: don't be drunk, and above all, please, don't vomit!!!!!
_don't be fat, bumping against a fat belly isn't great and disminich the agressivity of the thing
_for a girl: don't crowd surf if you don't like hands... (I never did and don't want to)
16.06.2008 - 01:28
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Oh yeah, here is my biggest tip for everyone:

Get a bodyguard.

Here is this years model for me:

Vincent Humphrey, Destroyers of Worlds.

This large Blaxician feeds off of a steady diet of Emo kids and baby dragons. He also comes with a "Home Town Dallas Pantera Walk" upgrade that allows him to actually become the Mosh Pit.
----
(space for rent)
16.06.2008 - 13:05
Ernis
狼獾
I discovered at the last gig that I've lost the ability of headbanging for this causes discomfort and pain and I'll have a headache....(as if my small brains would be rattling and bouncing against the inside walls of my nearly empty skull)....that's why I try not to involve in headbanging any longer....

One tip....if you really wish to see and hear the band, occupy the front row with your friends as fast as possible and secure the place...hang on to the railing and stay there until the end of the show.....worked just fine at the Nightwish gig....
16.06.2008 - 15:48
Piro
Thats cause it was a nightwish gig... I'm probably going to see Nightwish and Sonata Arctica again later this summer, and at least last time, there wasn't really any big moshing at their concerts.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
16.04.2012 - 16:36
webbed_sin
NEVER!!! tell the fellow metal head next to you to stop pushing you hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha, mainly directed at chicks. if u dont to be pushed DO NOT! go to metal gig
----
Perfection or vanity