Poll

Which album do you prefer?

Megadeth - Endgame
Metallica - Death Magnetic

Total votes: 103
11.09.2009 - 02:54
Baz Anderson
Staff
So everyone always seems more than keen to compare Metallica and Megadeth. Within the last year both bands have released new albums that are a "return" to a thrashier sound. Now they are both released, it is of slight interest to see which of these albums people actually prefer.

Please explain opinions, thanks.
11.09.2009 - 02:56
Shogun
Megadeth just suprised me a lot more. All the songs seem to be really well put together. I only like a few from DM.
----
U.S.A. for Satan!
11.09.2009 - 13:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Megadeth - Endgame

I quote my self from news about 2 songs

''Maybe best Megadeth song after 1994 , much better hwo Die Death Enought, somehow remainds me thrash version about X Wild , fast, and powerfull, great vocals , if all album be like this its gonna rule , and yes this can be thrash metal, more how metallica's album''

''WoW I like pref new song and same I do like this, seems this album be prommsing and realy good not because of band name but because of music''

Well I love this album best thrash album in 2009 no doubt, Metallica was like drunk amatours who first time recording in thet album, this is faking masterpiece, I never espected Megadeth will re lease so good album.

Song 44 Minutes well I will overplay it soon, remaidns me old good street banging n heroin days, alians, democracy, crime, war old 80's megadeath was so political , this song remainds me those days , yeah AK 47 and you die, who knows maybe this was measigge to James Hetfield but no doubt this is best Megadeth album, after 1994 , well to be 100% they need powerfull videonow

Bodies song is good to, dunno what it remainds me, but its good

he Hardest Part Of Letting Go... - I like so much opeing minute, its calm, lol Testament ''Ballad''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.09.2009 - 05:20
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Hmm, ok lets see I rated both albums the same so this will be difficult. However, I voted for Death Magnetic. Musicianship points go to Endgame for sure. Each have a dud for a ballad (Unforgiven IIIII and Kiss), each have decent intrumentals, each have jacked up production. I enjoyed the opening songs on both albums. I give the very slight edge to DM, as I enjoyed a few songs from the album a bit more. "All Nightmare Long" and "Judas Kiss" are both stronger songs than anything on Endgame for me. Dave doesn't quite have the same snarl to give the songs the same bite, so I guess I'm giving the overall edge to James vocals. They may have been produced through about a billion pieces of equipment to sound the way they do, but they still sounded pretty good.

And I cannot get into "44 Minutes" like everyone else is for some reason. I'd take many a song on UA over it i think.
----
13.09.2009 - 05:22
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Although "Headcrusher" and "1320" are great, as is "This Day We Fight". Can we get a tie vote please?
----
13.09.2009 - 08:47
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I've listened to both of them...Death Magnetic is more creative...I think Mustaine has finally run out of ideas...Metallica had a few aces up their sleeves with Death Magnetic...
14.09.2009 - 21:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Heard them both and both are very mediocre but Endgame just beats out DM because of the songwriting whihc is generally better and the better production.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2009 - 10:51
dEAthB3D
The only song i like from death magnetic is the unforgiven 3.... so i vote for endgame
----
the ultimate use of treason is the treacherous use of reason
15.09.2009 - 16:50
Angel Of Mercy
Endgame all the way. I just think it's a perfect album

The only song I liked of Death Magnetic was " The Day That Never Comes"
----
Your time will come.
18.09.2009 - 02:42
Baz Anderson
Staff
Wow, seems pretty unanimous at the moment.
18.09.2009 - 12:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 18.09.2009 at 02:42

Wow, seems pretty unanimous at the moment.

14-1 well sees all like Endgame better seems in MA avards there be weerry hard choose who shood get best thrash album avard
----

18.09.2009 - 13:23
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I haven't listened to Endgame as much as I have to Death Magnetic, but even now I am pretty sure that I like Death Magnetic more, and this preference is very unlikely to change. So the second vote for DM is from me. And the reason why I like DM is the songwriting.

For me Metallica have always had better songs. Each song their write is just unique and there is no repetition while Mustaine has some kind of a particular style of writing, which is more predictable and shows itself more frequently. So it's all about the riffs for me here.

While most solos on DM are pretty generic and Endgame beats it in this category, still despite Chris Broderick being an amazing guitar player comparing solos on Endgame to those on RIP just doesn't work. Friedman's solos are unbeaten so far.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
18.09.2009 - 13:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by K✞ulu on 18.09.2009 at 13:23

I haven't listened to Endgame as much as I have to Death Magnetic, but even now I am pretty sure that I like Death Magnetic more, and this preference is very unlikely to change. So the second vote for DM is from me. And the reason why I like DM is the songwriting.

For me Metallica have always had better songs. Each song their write is just unique and there is no repetition while Mustaine has some kind of a particular style of writing, which is more predictable and shows itself more frequently. So it's all about the riffs for me here.

While most solos on DM are pretty generic and Endgame beats it in this category, still despite Chris Broderick being an amazing guitar player comparing solos on Endgame to those on RIP just doesn't work. Friedman's solos are unbeaten so far.

Sonwriting you mean all notes for instrument ?
Or lyrics, well Met always have been bette rlyrics, better think about how, why and how to do it let it sounds better, Dave simply even he wrote n explain good thinks about lyrics somehow its not like dunno how to say, its typical street lyrics, but James somehow use street lyrics and make lil art n ''poetry'' in lyrics
----

18.09.2009 - 21:45
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Bad English on 18.09.2009 at 13:30

Sonwriting you mean all notes for instrument ?
Or lyrics, well Met always have been bette rlyrics, better think about how, why and how to do it let it sounds better, Dave simply even he wrote n explain good thinks about lyrics somehow its not like dunno how to say, its typical street lyrics, but James somehow use street lyrics and make lil art n ''poetry'' in lyrics

By songwriting I mean the quality of music in general, riffs, and diversity in the song structures.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

21.09.2009 - 02:43
ToMegaTherion
I like Death Magnetic, Metallica finally seem to have turned a corner hopefully, but it just make you wonder how long it will last given their track record of turning down a bad road. Meanwhile Megadeth have been in pretty good for for the last six years now. TSHF was awesome, United Abominations was a very good album and Endgame has followed on very nicely from those albums with a still Thrashy sound, catchy Megadeth hook and irony. Endgame is probably one of the best old style thrash albums of the decade. While Death Magnetic is just another decent album.
28.09.2009 - 06:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Poor Metallica. They release their best album in 20 years and Megadeth just shit all over it.
28.09.2009 - 06:47
Derwood
Written by Dangerboner on 28.09.2009 at 06:36

Poor Metallica. They release their best album in 20 years and Megadeth just shit all over it.

ROFL

Although I like "All Nightmare Long" best of all the tracks on either album by quite a bit, my vote goes to Endgame as I like it more overall. The weakest track on Endgame ("The Hardest Part Is Letting Go...") is still better than the three weakest on Death Magnetic ("Cyanide,""The Unforgiven III," and "Suicide and Redemption").
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
28.09.2009 - 18:43
Demonmayonnaise
I'm gonna have to go with Endgame, it just has more of that old school vibe too it.
28.09.2009 - 21:07
Hellish Star
Endgame: a masterpiece, "Death magnetic" is just a good album
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
28.09.2009 - 22:18
terrorist
Hm...First of all if you think that Chris is better than Marty you're wrong.He is not and nobody is going to replace Marty ever.Endgame is good BUT the lyrics (in here i can use a phrase than americans use very often "O My God!") are awfull i don't recognize Dave at all.Solos are medium good there are no solos that can get in to your ear if you know what i mean.But on the other side we have Death Magnetic who is very refreshing and diffren from their previous release.The lyrics are fenomenal keeping in mind that James wrote the whole lyrics on this album.Very good riffs and sound of guitar.Endgame has also good sound od guitars but no specialy riffs that can blow you away.Now the bad side of DM for me are the drums,Lars could have done it much better.Now both albums have great melodies in some of the songs which is very good.And one more thing,on Endgame Dave could have done better the vocals from my point of view as James had done on DM.So my vote goes to DM and I am very critical when these two bands are mentioned because they can create fenomenal music and i hope they will.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
28.09.2009 - 22:20
terrorist

I agree, Marty is amazing guitaist and there is no replacement for him.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
29.09.2009 - 01:53
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
I can't remember Endgame at all even though I've listened to the entire album at least five or six times by now. I could probably name every riff from DM.
02.10.2009 - 09:46
His Eminence
Account deleted
I purchased Endgame a few days ago, and after a while listening to it, I can say it mops the floor with Death Magnetic. Don't get me wrong, DM is a good album, Endgame is just better. I really enjoy Chris Broderick's lead work...it's killer.
08.10.2009 - 04:51
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Anyone who is not a complete retard can figure out that endgame wins.
09.10.2009 - 12:24
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Thanks for sharing deeps thoughts 24>6.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

11.10.2009 - 18:38
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Thats tricky...........i think endgame better than the abominable United Abominations and Death Magnetic better than the even more abominable St.Anger.........:beer:
15.10.2009 - 00:06
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
DAVE MUSTAINE: Why MEGADETH's 'Endgame' Is Better Than METALLICA's 'Death Magnetic'

Fucking poser! I am sorry for using the f-word, but I just can't help it. A month or so ago Mustaine was saying he had no problems with Metallica and that he was happy and all that crap, and now he has to act like a douche bag. Unbelievable. When will he shut up?
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

15.10.2009 - 00:38
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by K✞ulu on 15.10.2009 at 00:06

DAVE MUSTAINE: Why MEGADETH's 'Endgame' Is Better Than METALLICA's 'Death Magnetic'

Fucking poser! I am sorry for using the f-word, but I just can't help it. A month or so ago Mustaine was saying he had no problems with Metallica and that he was happy and all that crap, and now he has to act like a douche bag. Unbelievable. When will he shut up?

You know he was asked the question - he was just responding. It isn't like he just came out with it of his own accord.
And if you are asked that question, who is going to say "oh, actually, I think their album is better..."?
15.10.2009 - 01:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.10.2009 at 00:38

Written by K✞ulu on 15.10.2009 at 00:06

You know he was asked the question - he was just responding. It isn't like he just came out with it of his own accord.
And if you are asked that question, who is going to say "oh, actually, I think their album is better..."?

If you read the entire interview you'll see he still has loads of problems concerning Metallica and Mustaine is still a douchebag (okay not as bad as when he was on drugs, but still a douchebag nonetheless). Why does he have to say that Hammett ripped him off? There was no need for that, and vtw Hammett did not rip him off, if he had done that at least Death Magnetic would have been a lot better. Imo Hammett as a guitar player comes nowhere near Mustaine's guitaring prowess. And then those pathetic jabs at Ulrich's druming for the millionth time.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.10.2009 - 01:29
Baz Anderson
Staff
Well, fair enough. The whole Megadeth/Metallica thing is a minefield.