Metal Storm logo
The Prodigy

08.08.2006 - 22:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Hello.

I have heard little about this band, my knowledge being limited to the songs: Smack My Bitch Up! and Firestarter. Could you guess recommend me more stuff from them, and in the meanwhile discuss what you think of them?

Cheers, Nervel.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.08.2006 - 22:59
Misantrophil
Account deleted
You must heard all songs because they dont have bad songs.I recommends you their album fat of the land to find it is awesome
08.08.2006 - 23:10
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ok, thanks. I am currently downloading 'The Fat Of The Land'.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.08.2006 - 07:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Nervel, you're making some threads about some pretty questionable acts of the 90s man hahaha....I know two songs by Prodigy....Firestarter and Breathe...both were huge when they came out I remember...we played them on a huge stereo once at a camp I worked at for some war game shit once hah...
10.08.2006 - 13:43
THE MASTER
Account deleted
This is one of the best bands in the WORLD!! Download anything you can get! Fuck downloading man buy the damn cds!
Get this cd aswell Music For The Jilted Generation this is one hell of a cd!

Enjoy!
10.08.2006 - 18:40
Lupas
Maximus
Written by [user id=1119] on 10.08.2006 at 13:43

This is one of the best bands in the WORLD!! Download anything you can get! Fuck downloading man buy the damn cds!
Get this cd aswell Music For The Jilted Generation this is one hell of a cd!

Enjoy!

The Jilted Generation is the best album from Prodigy. Every song from this album is a must to hear it It blow up your mind
My best songs are firesarter, Vodoo, and ....all songs
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
10.08.2006 - 19:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ok, thanks.

So far, I lke: Firestarter, Breathe, Smack My Bitch Up! and some other songs. Thanks all.
----

10.08.2006 - 22:16
Coldsmith
Account deleted
The Fat of the Land is a must. Not really into their other albums though.
12.08.2006 - 23:29
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "No Good" yet. It's probably the most known and most popular The Prodigy song and I'm sure everybody has already heard it somewhere.

Someone once recommended me "The Fat Of The Land" and "Music For The Jilted Generation", but they didn't captivate me much because I think The Prodigy has - aside some exceptions - a lot of bad songs that are rather weak compared to the few really good ones. The only songs I still have on my computer are "Baby's Got A Temper","Breathe", "Firestarter", "Smack My Bitch Up" and "No Good (Start The Dance)". And I consider these as the only good songs of The Prodigy, especially "Breathe".
To give an example, two songs I really can't hear are "Out Of Space" and "Voodoo People", they're just horrible...

The Prodigy do has some nice killer video clips though :
Smack My Bitch Up
Breathe
No Good
and of course Baby's Got A Temper
----
Your favorite band sucks.
14.08.2006 - 14:00
Misantrophil
Account deleted
Voodoo People rules it is one of my favourite Prodigy songs and they dont have bad songs
01.09.2006 - 18:42
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
I listen to "The Fat Of The Land" sincemany years ago, and never gets old... One of the strongest albums I know, all the tracks are unique.
01.09.2006 - 22:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
I listened a lot to Prodigy when I was about 6 years old, but I don't know what I would think about them today.
----
04.11.2006 - 17:52
Abys
Account deleted
i like prodigy!!!! it;s greeat when you're high!!!
11.11.2006 - 19:30
Remus
"No Good" used to be my favourite Prodigy song. I actually own "The Fat of the Land" and "Minefields" has a pretty cool intro. "Fuel my Fire"-when i first heard it i thought it was the heaviest song ever, this was back in '95. Voodoo people is good too. But try "Charlie" "Jericho" and "Poison".
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
22.11.2006 - 17:10
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Thryce on 12.08.2006 at 23:29

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "No Good" yet. It's probably the most known and most popular The Prodigy song and I'm sure everybody has already heard it somewhere.

Someone once recommended me "The Fat Of The Land" and "Music For The Jilted Generation", but they didn't captivate me much because I think The Prodigy has - aside some exceptions - a lot of bad songs that are rather weak compared to the few really good ones. The only songs I still have on my computer are "Baby's Got A Temper","Breathe", "Firestarter", "Smack My Bitch Up" and "No Good (Start The Dance)". And I consider these as the only good songs of The Prodigy, especially "Breathe".
To give an example, two songs I really can't hear are "Out Of Space" and "Voodoo People", they're just horrible...

Smack My Bitch Up
Breathe
No Good

Tks Thryce you have refresh my mind and remember those days

.One must add this video with them

Voodoo People
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
22.11.2006 - 22:48
gracie
Account deleted
i agree with what some other person said , jilted is amazing break and enter is one of my faves

and lupas,out of space is wickid too ... my sister used to listen to that over and over when i was little .... used to like it then too
24.11.2006 - 01:20
Grimmy
Account deleted
If your looking for a prodigy classic. Its got to be "their law" from jilted. Pure classic!!
24.08.2007 - 12:21
vusza
The only rave act I listen to is Prodigy, but the old one, the new one isn't very exquisite, in my opinion. I liked Prodigy ever since I was a kid, I remember having nightmares with Keith Flint in a tutu when I was 'bout 6 lol.
Anyways, "Breathe" is first-rate, the video makes you want to eat bugs lol, it's so bizarre, so uninhabited. They were breathtaking back 'then.
What do you think of the latest Prodigy?
----
No guts, no glory.
29.08.2007 - 16:21
APOHAKC
The Bard
I haven't heard anything from Prodigy for years, but I went to see their Serbian show few weeks ago, and since it was my third Prodigy concert I somehow, missed it. I prepared myself, went to the city, and met some friend and change my mind and finished in the park drinking some good Dutch beer, but anyway, point of my post is that there is no point. Yes, I like Prodigy, when I was younger I listened them more than any other non-metal music, but now, I am too annoyed with the noise they make so I can't listen to them anymore, still, their shows are awesome experience and I am sorry I missed them last time they came and drink beer instead.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
30.08.2007 - 08:55
vusza
The same for me, I mean I wouldn't watch the new one perform, I'd drink beer instead too, lol. If anyone's interested in covers, have a listen - Neglected Fields remaking a Prodigy classic - "Breathe".
----
No guts, no glory.
07.09.2007 - 23:17
Lupas
Maximus
Are they active ? Cause it is awhile since i hear something about them .
----
08.09.2007 - 15:58
vusza
As far as I know, they're still active.
Quoting from Wikipedia:
"In September there will be an new track tentatively titled "Shadow" on the Xbox 360 videogame Project Gotham Racing 4. This is their first recording under the new label. This track has also appeared in a slightly different form as "Shadow of the Devil" played over the end credits to the British horror movie Reverb. A third possible variation of the track titled "The Shadow" is included on the soundtrack to the Japanese anime Vexille released on the 8th of August."
----
No guts, no glory.
01.12.2008 - 09:01
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Thryce on 12.08.2006 at 23:29

Smack My Bitch Up
Breathe
No Good

Pendulum remixed "Voodoo People" and made it sound really good. check it out if you have a chance.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
07.12.2008 - 10:02
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by LeChron James on 01.12.2008 at 09:01

Pendulum remixed "Voodoo People" and made it sound really good. check it out if you have a chance.

Yes, that's very nice. In fact that's the best remix of Voodoo People. But there are some other great remixes of this song. One of the which I like is Paranormal Attack remix, which is a psychedelic trance remix of Voodoo People.
26.12.2008 - 16:22
Bulletdodger
Written by [user id=4035] on 14.08.2006 at 14:00

Voodoo People rules it is one of my favourite Prodigy songs and they dont have bad songs

Voodoo People and Firestarter are my favorite songs.
Prodigy is f**king awesome.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
30.12.2008 - 16:46
Winterstorm
Account deleted
I think the new single of The Prodigy is also a very good song. It's called "Invaders Must Die". Together with the Pendulum remix of Voodoo People, my two favourite songs of this act.
31.12.2008 - 20:48
Hamird
Lieutenant
I heard these days Dave Grohl is working with the band. Anyone have any information about this?

I haven't heard the new single yet, but I'm curious to see what they've done, however I prefer their old works! I didn't really enjoyed "Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned" but I'm in love their 1994 - 1998 singles and "Fat of The Land"..
25.02.2009 - 00:59
Hamird
Lieutenant
Recently I got the new album, "Invaders Must Die"... It very nice. After years they have released a well done album.. I liked the album hit, Omen very much.. And of course the rest of songs are very good.. It much better than "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned" in my opinion.
25.02.2009 - 15:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I have to disagree, the new album is pretty dire. There's a few decent tracks but overall it's cheesy, disco pap.
25.02.2009 - 15:58
Elio
Red Nightmare
Yup, the new album is pretty bad to me.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.