Metal Storm logo
Leviathan - Mainman Accused Of Assaulting Girlfriend

The Chicago Tribune is reporting that renowned tattoo artist and Leviathan mainman Jef "Wrest" Whitehead (also Lurker Of Chalice, Krieg, Twilight) was charged with criminal sexual assault and aggravated domestic battery Sunday and held on $350,000 bond after allegedly attacking his girlfriend.

Cook County prosecutors said an argument between the couple began about 12:30 a.m. Saturday at a home connected to a tattoo shop in the 1100 block of West Taylor Street. Whitehead allegedly used the tools of his trade to sexually assault his girlfriend after he slammed her head against a floor and choked her.

The woman was taken to the University of Illinois Medical Center in fair to serious condition, said Quention Curtis, a Chicago Fire Department spokesman. Her condition was not known Sunday.

Read the full story here.

Source: chicagotribune.com
Band profile: Leviathan
Posted: 10.01.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 37   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 197 users
10.01.2011 - 11:51
TheBigRossowski
Does this mean we'll see another Leviathan release... or...ugh, what's up...

lol
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
10.01.2011 - 12:37
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
"tools of his trade"? Wtf does that mean? He sexually assaulted her with a guitar/drumsticks/synths?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.01.2011 - 12:39
whitepawel
Yeah, hurting women is so fuckin' tru.
What a pussy
10.01.2011 - 12:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by LeChron James on 10.01.2011 at 12:37

"tools of his trade"? Wtf does that mean? He sexually assaulted her with a guitar/drumsticks/synths?

tattoo needles I guess.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.01.2011 - 14:26
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
His cellmate Bubba is going to used the tools of his trade on Leviathan....
----
Chef Metal Head
10.01.2011 - 14:37
JD
Account deleted
Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.01.2011 at 11:51

lol

Haha i guess so...
10.01.2011 - 14:50
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Shouldn't he be arrested instead of just paying a "little fine"? These laws make me confused... No wonder women are afraid to press charges in domestic violence and rape cases. These guys always get away with it.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
10.01.2011 - 15:44
King Bonzo
Written by Dark Blood on 10.01.2011 at 14:50

Shouldn't he be arrested instead of just paying a "little fine"? These laws make me confused... No wonder women are afraid to press charges in domestic violence and rape cases. These guys always get away with it.

I don't think being held on a bond is the same as a fine, altho I'm not familiar with american law I could be wrong.
10.01.2011 - 15:49
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by King Bonzo on 10.01.2011 at 15:44

I don't think being held on a bond is the same as a fine, altho I'm not familiar with american law I could be wrong.

Hmm I'm not too familiar as well. Maybe I'm wrong too and I'm talking non sense lol.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
10.01.2011 - 16:19
BudDa
Elite

lol

Haha. Not in the foreseeable future seeing as hes now discovered a new hobby in hurting women..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
10.01.2011 - 17:16
VPeter
What a coward and a douche.
10.01.2011 - 17:53
athena

lol

Um, yeah, not funny. He doesn't deserve the right to one, now. As far as the law goes around here, he technically should get jail time but probably won't. That always happens...Can't say I know why though.
10.01.2011 - 18:31
nilzardo
Account deleted
Ha! lol!
10.01.2011 - 18:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=100131] on 10.01.2011 at 18:31

Ha! lol!

I don't see anything funny going on here in this news item.
SO please enlighten us as what is so funny.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.01.2011 - 19:23
Jiri
Jiri shakes his head at Jeffy. This is not trve a black metal aggrivation assault. We are supposed attack and murder homosexauls and midget folk like Euronymous. Not women! Black metal is far to gay to even involve women! Sure they kill homos, but that is only to hide their own gayness. Shame on you Wrest, you son of a bitch!
10.01.2011 - 19:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin

bond is not a fine. he will remain in jail until his trial unless he can come up with $350,000 for a bond. basically, if he can come up with the money, he'll be free to stay around the Chicago area until the time of his trial. if he attempts to, say, flee to Canada the money is forfeit and he remains a fugitive. if found guilty in a trial, he'll do some serious time in prison.

and $350,000 is hardly a "little fine" (or bond) - as a tattoo artist/bm musician, he probably doesn't make that much in five to ten years.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.01.2011 - 20:17
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Aren't there senators or dirty politics (The active/"business as usual" form of gov't in the States as of the W. Presidency) the paper can make more of an issue out of than a musician?

Don't get me wrong domestic stuff is really messed up (If it's true... "alleged") but honestly where is an explanation or breakdown of things that're going on in the country instead of "Wild stories about individual occurrences" that the courts are there to decide?
----
10.01.2011 - 20:50
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by BitterCOld on 10.01.2011 at 19:37

bond is not a fine. he will remain in jail until his trial unless he can come up with $350,000 for a bond. basically, if he can come up with the money, he'll be free to stay around the Chicago area until the time of his trial. if he attempts to, say, flee to Canada the money is forfeit and he remains a fugitive. if found guilty in a trial, he'll do some serious time in prison.

and $350,000 is hardly a "little fine" (or bond) - as a tattoo artist/bm musician, he probably doesn't make that much in five to ten years.

Oh I get in now. So he'll be awaiting his trial in jail or pay the bond. I thought that was already his sentence. Sorry, I misinterpreted.

About the "little fine" I was being sarcastic and serious at the same time: of course that is everything but little for someone like him. But in my understanding, for someone who does such a thing any bond is a little fine compared to what he deserves. IF he's actually guilty of course.
----
10.01.2011 - 21:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Dark Blood on 10.01.2011 at 20:50
Oh I get in now. So he'll be awaiting his trial in jail or pay the bond. I thought that was already his sentence. Sorry, I misinterpreted.

About the "little fine" I was being sarcastic and serious at the same time: of course that is everything but little for someone like him. But in my understanding, for someone who does such a thing any bond is a little fine compared to what he deserves. IF he's actually guilty of course.

a bond is merely collateral that the accused can be let out of jail, will be good citizen, and until the trial. a bond has absolutely nothing to do with a fine or what "he deserves". bond values are set by a judge and determined by a combination of the seriousness of the crime and the flight risk of the accused. so forget everything you thought before reading this, as you were not even close...
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.01.2011 - 21:36
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Ph0eNiX on 10.01.2011 at 20:17

Aren't there senators or dirty politics (The active/"business as usual" form of gov't in the States as of the W. Presidency) the paper can make more of an issue out of than a musician?

Don't get me wrong domestic stuff is really messed up (If it's true... "alleged") but honestly where is an explanation or breakdown of things that're going on in the country instead of "Wild stories about individual occurrences" that the courts are there to decide?

First - Politics/politicans were corrupt well before the Bush administration, and are still every bit as corrupt now. I'd say even MORESO. That's the kind of stuff that makes the front page.

Second - "than a musician" - the paper, as i stated earlier, did not even mention his musical career. and it wasn't just domestic "stuff", it was alleged battery and sexual assault that apparently also involved a tattoo needle or some other piece of gear. the paper's job is also to report on local news items that might be of interest.

or are you actually stating papers should ignore everything aside from political corruption circa 2000-2008?
----

11.01.2011 - 07:19
Symmachus
I feel sorry for his girlfriend; such domestic abuse and violence against women is wrong and outlandishly indecent. And no, there isn't anything funny about it. Commments including the endlessly overused term "lol" I feel are inaprropriate here, especially being placed where it was, after the comment explaining that something relevant was unfunny.

Ha! lol!

To place "Ha! Lol!" as a response, direct or indirect, to news about a man assaulting his girlfriend is distasteful and inconsiderate. Also, as for an album being released by this man, that's not my concern at the moment; I felt disappointed seeing the misplaced concern being revealed in the first comment here, when future music material is ultimately irrelevant to this piece of news. Somebody was physically harmed here, and that is more important than an upcoming album of sorts. Well, those are my two cents.
11.01.2011 - 07:49
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I still hold true to the principle that he is innocent until proven guilty. If he really did sexually assault his girlfriend, then he deserves all the punishment and mockery he gets.
11.01.2011 - 08:50
Raging Dreamer
The bond he will actually pay will only be 1/10 of what the actual set bond is if he uses a bail bondsman. For example, if a person's bond is set at 50,000$, that person will have to pay $5000 up front to the bail bondsman and then they will pay the rest, so that the person will be free to remain in the local area until the trial.

Secondly, SOMETHING apparently happened to the woman, since she went to the hospital in serious condition. Several factors will determine his guilt or innocence in a court of law. There will be both her testimony and any physical or material evidence gathered before the trial by police and investigators, to include medical examinations and blood and tissue samples.

If he really did this, then I am terribly disappointed that he would do something like this. Unfortunately, it happens all too often in america and the laws are not tough enough on these bastards. A lot of women wind up dead because of abuse. While we may not be able to say if this was the result of a heated argument or continued abuse, in either case, it is inexcusable. Any abuse shows cowardice on the part of the abuser.
----
[url]www.mistressofpoetry.wordpress.com[/url]

[url]www.mymorningcupofsolitude.wordpress.com[/url]
11.01.2011 - 20:49
athena
Written by Symmachus on 11.01.2011 at 07:19

I feel sorry for his girlfriend; such domestic abuse and violence against women is wrong and outlandishly indecent. And no, there isn't anything funny about it. Commments including the endlessly overused term "lol" I feel are inaprropriate here, especially being placed where it was, after the comment explaining that something relevant was unfunny.

Ha! lol!

To place "Ha! Lol!" as a response, direct or indirect, to news about a man assaulting his girlfriend is distasteful and inconsiderate. Also, as for an album being released by this man, that's not my concern at the moment; I felt disappointed seeing the misplaced concern being revealed in the first comment here, when future music material is ultimately irrelevant to this piece of news. Somebody was physically harmed here, and that is more important than an upcoming album of sorts. Well, those are my two cents.

Worthy two cents
12.01.2011 - 18:43
skatmat
What a fucking prick. No longer welcome in my ears, Wrest.
17.01.2011 - 22:28
nilzardo
Account deleted
Written by Symmachus on 11.01.2011 at 07:19

snip

Wow dudes, what's with the attitude? People die every day. And being drunk on metalstorm is an important facet of my life.
18.03.2011 - 17:16
lemort
Written by skatmat on 12.01.2011 at 18:43

Nor mine!
18.03.2011 - 17:26
Culty
Written by lemort on 18.03.2011 at 17:16

Nor mine!

I'm still gonna listen to his music. He doesn't talk about beating women in it, as far as I'm aware.
----
Gfnttlr
22.07.2011 - 12:02
TheBigRossowski
This just sounds like a Massive Conspiracy Against All Leviathan if you ask me...

Too soon?...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
13.01.2012 - 20:34
EdguyAsFuck
Written by Culty on 18.03.2011 at 17:26

Written by lemort on 18.03.2011 at 17:16

Nor mine!

I'm still gonna listen to his music. He doesn't talk about beating women in it, as far as I'm aware.

Eh.....go look up the lyrics to "A Necessary Mutilation". Not "beating", so much as "viciously raping and killing with rocks"

Hits total: 4768 | This month: 15