Slayer of Light
Sword Chant
Lost in Despair
Ferrum Aeternum
Tears

Total votes: 120
08.03.2011 - 04:40
Sonic MrSumo
Keen to get an idea of the most popular track on this truly awesome album.

Note, I've not included the "Mourning Heart - Interlude" track, as this is not really a track, more of an interlude (as the name suggests). If you think this is the best, feel free to say so in your post.

"Into Battle" gets my vote. Amazing riffs, drumming and solos.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
08.03.2011 - 06:12
Vikcen
Metálico
Fuck, hard to pick one, but well, finally i voted for "Tale of Revenge" =)
08.03.2011 - 09:19
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
That is a hard vote. It's between Sword Chant and Into the Battle. I'll go with Into the Battle just because of all the shredding riffs lol.
08.03.2011 - 10:05
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Slayer Of Light, no trouble choosing it. There's so much power and anger in that song
----
08.03.2011 - 10:25
Starchild
Very hard to pick one, all songs on that album are amazing... i'll go with Iron.
08.03.2011 - 11:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Non of songs realy stand out so all are same IMO, cant find best
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.03.2011 - 12:22
Hard to decide. I like every song. but i´ll go with "Into Battle"... its simply one of the most epic songs i´ve heard so far
08.03.2011 - 12:23
CyberSymphony
Ollie
I love nearly all the songs on the album, I vote for Tale of Revenge, but also Iron and Into Battle are still awesome.
08.03.2011 - 12:34
FeskarN
One of my favorite albums so it will be hard to choose just one song of it but I think my choice will be "Lai Lai Hei" for now.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
08.03.2011 - 12:56
Gurth Bennas
It's hard! actually I like each track. but I voted for Lai Lai Hei. it's a beautiful folk metal masterpiece.
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
08.03.2011 - 14:22
barcano1
I think it is "Tears" because that is the first song I've heard from this album.
----
"Nothing lasts forever.
Everything is dust in the wind..."

For rock music: Siemens SL45 + Sony MDR-E737LP/Grado SR80 \m/
08.03.2011 - 17:11
Classic Bob G
Man... Don't make me decide. The title track is the first Ensiferum song I've ever heard. Into battle, Slayer of light, Lai Lai Hei

All these songs are amazing.
08.03.2011 - 18:38
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Lai Lai Hei! first song i ever heard of Ensiferums and still one of my favorite songs!
----
pewpew.. gotcha
08.03.2011 - 19:29
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Auch. Tough choice, but I'll go with Lai Lai Hei, as it's kinda more destinctive and uniqe
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
08.03.2011 - 22:38
virtual-x
Definitely best song for me is "Into Battle", great intro.
09.03.2011 - 00:16
Sjuk
Lord Of Jörg
Voted for Lai Lai hey ! The introduction is just amazing !
09.03.2011 - 00:54
Luneth
Account deleted
Wow, what a hard choice, I'm gonna be the oddball and say Ferrum Aeternum. I really do love that track, makes me feel like I'm in a medieval court during a ball. Besides that, Into Battle, Lost in Despair and Tears are my other favourites.
09.03.2011 - 17:51
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by [user id=107773] on 09.03.2011 at 00:54

Wow, what a hard choice, I'm gonna be the oddball and say Ferrum Aeternum. I really do love that track, makes me feel like I'm in a medieval court during a ball. Besides that, Into Battle, Lost in Despair and Tears are my other favourites.

Ferrum Aeternum also can remember to some western film =).
10.03.2011 - 00:03
caimanjosh
Easy choice...Lai Lai Hei's intro is just terrific, and the whole song's epic. Best song on the album by far if you ask me.
10.03.2011 - 04:25
Kevorkian
Into Battle. Very epic, and has a fantastic guitar solo.
10.03.2011 - 15:16
ImNotMetal
Of course INTO BATTLE,

This vote tells that all ensiferum song are good,
Not one or two songs as 'hero' in the album.
A good choice to spend money
11.03.2011 - 11:49
Grum
Between Into Battle and Sword Chant for me, I picked Sword Chant. Results were surprising O_o
11.03.2011 - 18:46
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Love the intro! but the best song for me is "Tale of Revenge"
12.03.2011 - 11:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I used to love this album, but lost any interest for Ensiferum after i found out they dropped Jari(who is now wasting his time and talent on Wintersun). my pick is Iron, it's fast and epic as a horde of vikings charging down a hill with axes and swords in the air screaming heathen battlecries.
12.03.2011 - 11:52
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Valentin B on 12.03.2011 at 11:16

I used to love this album, but lost any interest for Ensiferum after i found out they dropped Jari(who is now wasting his time and talent on Wintersun). my pick is Iron, it's fast and epic as a horde of vikings charging down a hill with axes and swords in the air screaming heathen battlecries.

I agree, effectively, it is clear that the change was noticed when Jari left the band, his talent was proved in the best albums (if we compared with last two albums from Ensiferum) "Ensiferum", "Iron" and "Wintersun", in my opinion 3 masterpieces of metal. I hope this guy can continue...
12.03.2011 - 14:31
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
"Tale Of Revenge" is the highlight of the album, after that one the album drops down a notch in quality. Ensiferum has always been about great melodies and some of the
longer and "epic" songs on "Iron" don't demonstrate Jari's melody-making abilities very well. Lai Lai Hei is actually one of the weakest songs on the album I think, it actually reminds me of Moonsorrow rather than Ensiferum's debut. For me, that's a bad thing, a very bad thing indeed.
16.03.2011 - 14:00
TheCryingOrc
Chose Lai Lai Hei even though any track on this album could be the highlight of any great album.
----
Amber streams from Sol
Are not unlike the waves of the sea
Nor the endless horizon of ice
18.03.2011 - 22:03
caimanjosh
Written by [user id=105293] on 12.03.2011 at 14:31

Lai Lai Hei is actually one of the weakest songs on the album I think, it actually reminds me of Moonsorrow rather than Ensiferum's debut. For me, that's a bad thing, a very bad thing indeed.

Interesting...I never really thought it sounded like Moonsorrow...but if it does, that would explain why I like it so much.
Now that I'm thinking about it, "Slayer of Light" is damn cool too. That riff is just cutting and wicked.
19.03.2011 - 08:40
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I also find Lai Lai Hei one of the weakest songs. The intro is nice, and it's a good song in general, but lacks the punch.
21.03.2011 - 18:41
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
I think that a real fun of Ensiferum could never answer such a question! hail !
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...