Metal Storm logo
Necrophagist

18.05.2006 - 05:10
Trifixion
Account deleted
Necrophagist is one very sick technical DM band. They have released two albums, Onset Of Putrefaction and Epitaph. Their first one (or should I say his), Onset, was made soley by the guitarist/vocalist Muhammed Suicmez.
For those of you who have never seen or heard Muhammed, let me assure you that he is a GOD
Evidence: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KA67UNstFWM&search=necrophagist
Sick band, sick player. What do you think??
18.05.2006 - 05:35
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i'm totally into the band...since i 1st listened them i liked them alot and wanted to hear more...i think onset of putrefaction is an amazing album and i guess very few can make such a good album alone like muhammed did...what can i say about epitaph?? no exact words to describe it, simply another amazing album...i can't pick one between them, each one has excellent songs and i'm looking forward to see them someday live...i've been told they are awesome at stage
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
18.05.2006 - 05:36
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Yes, very technical and very sick. I have heard both of their albums and they are phenominal. Some people don't like fancy playing and especially when there's a lot of it, they like to use the term "wanking" a lot, but I enjoy it. I listen and watch bands for both their ideas and technical ability. Necrophagist may not be the most original band ever, but they sure make up for it with their technical skills. Very entertaining band.
----
The force will be with you, always.
18.05.2006 - 05:39
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
Yes Necrophagist is an amazing band. I just can't believe how much talent Suicmez has. The riffs on both albums are simply phenominal. I also like the brutality that comes along with the technical stuff. This is one group that I hope that I will see live some day.
18.05.2006 - 06:45
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Necrophagist are awesome and I can't wait to see them when they come along in June with Arsis and Job For A Cowboy.
If you guys like Necropagist you will probably like these 2 bands as well, technical death madness!
18.05.2006 - 22:31
Nokkkkkkkkkkkkk
Account deleted
Necrophagist rule.

Anyone's who's reading this thread should probably understand that by now.
19.05.2006 - 09:45
TheGodOfGore
Account deleted
"Necrophagist are awesome and I can't wait to see them when they come along in June with Arsis and Job For A Cowboy.
If you guys like Necropagist you will probably like these 2 bands as well, technical death madness"

^^^^
Im goin to see that show in hamilton at the underground on june 9th !!! Cant fuckin wait, Best death/tech metal band ever, Suicmez puts Laiho to shame, Hes by far the most talented guitarist/lead vocalist i have ever heard, To play those riffs and scream like that is amazing.
19.05.2006 - 15:46
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I hadnt heard this bands stuff until i looked through some Psycroptic stuff and heard that Joe Hayley of Psycroptic with his playing style has been compared to Muhammed Suicmez playing technique. I just heard some of Necrophagist material then... Wow im very impressed. Very technical and i am going to keep an eye out for their albums from now on. Amazing band!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
20.05.2006 - 04:11
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
These guys are so awsome, they are so technical its not even funny, like if you listen to a song a see them play live you wonder how they even wrote that, cause its so technical, like everyone in the band has an equal roll in the band, like the drummer is amazing, hes always hitting a bunch of random symbols, the bass player sweeps and taps with his fingers, the guitarists do the same, and muhammad as the front man with an amazing growl, but i still cant believe Muhammed wrote all of "Onset of Putrefaction" its so great and he wrote it all by himself, hes one talented guy.
20.05.2006 - 06:06
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Immortal Plague on 20.05.2006 at 04:11

These guys are so awsome, they are so technical its not even funny, like if you listen to a song a see them play live you wonder how they even wrote that, cause its so technical, like everyone in the band has an equal roll in the band, like the drummer is amazing, hes always hitting a bunch of random symbols, the bass player sweeps and taps with his fingers, the guitarists do the same, and muhammad as the front man with an amazing growl, but i still cant believe Muhammed wrote all of "Onset of Putrefaction" its so great and he wrote it all by himself, hes one talented guy.

...i agree with u, every member in the band is talented and they do have skills...the songs they make are amazing and difficult!!...muhammed's growl is heavy, i like the way he plays and sings at the same time, he makes it seem so easy!!...i bet its not ...and yes, they r extremely technical...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
22.05.2006 - 08:12
Eternal Flames
These guys are amazing. Very technical. Their first album, Onset Of Puterfaction, was sensational. Muhammed Suicmez is indeed a genious, and the thought of knowing the first album was all written by Suicmez himself, is just beyond me. Although Epitaph was also a great album. It is a great combination of speed, technicality, brutality and mind blowing solos. The bass work on this album is the best I've heard in a long time also. Definitely one of my favourite (Technical) Death Metal bands. Not entirely original, although the talent within the band is brillaint.
24.05.2006 - 19:13
mvikred
totally love this band ... though many ppl say its a one man band ... and it was for the first album, they did come around very well in the second album .... epitaph is an absolutely amazing album ... i love it better than onset ... ......... though both are mind blowingly amazing .... favorite tracks being 'fermented offal discharge' , 'epitaph', 'seven' ... and almost all of them
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
24.05.2006 - 21:15
Richard
Elite
I really like Necrophagist, although I only have the second album 'Epitaph' so I may check out the debut at some stage too. They're so technical it's staggering at times, but importantly they manage to craft memorable riffs as well, and even during the moments with strange, awkward time signatures it somehow manages to have a certain groove to it without seeming overly jarring.
----
25.05.2006 - 05:23
mvikred
Written by Richard on 24.05.2006 at 21:15

I really like Necrophagist, although I only have the second album 'Epitaph' so I may check out the debut at some stage too. They're so technical it's staggering at times, but importantly they manage to craft memorable riffs as well, and even during the moments with strange, awkward time signatures it somehow manages to have a certain groove to it without seeming overly jarring.

if u ask me , they dont make much use of off time signatures
----
01.06.2006 - 22:34
Bartulus
Written by [user id=8232] on 18.05.2006 at 05:10

Necrophagist is one very sick technical DM band. They have released two albums, Onset Of Putrefaction and Epitaph. Their first one (or should I say his), Onset, was made soley by the guitarist/vocalist Muhammed Suicmez.
For those of you who have never seen or heard Muhammed, let me assure you that he is a GOD
Evidence: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KA67UNstFWM&search=necrophagist
Sick band, sick player. What do you think??

Yes in deed, Muhhamed is a GOD.
At first I enjoyed the second album more, but after listening to Onset for about 1000 times I think it's a true masterpiece. And after seeing them live I admire Muhammed for his guitar skills even more - it's a hole another experience to see what he can do with his axe!
I can't wait to hear their next album - though I don't when it will be released, as they didn't even started to record or plan to record it
02.06.2006 - 12:19
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
God i wish they would come down here to the deep south.....
02.06.2006 - 17:19
mvikred
i am still absorbing from there first 2 albums, and i aint ready for one more yet .... it would be nice though, but in a span of one year, i think they might be releasing their new album. its not good to keep their fans , waiting also ... right guys ?
----
03.06.2006 - 23:57
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
I'm listening to Diminished To Be right now... It's very technical death metal indeed, must be insane to play if you imagine. A very creative intro I must say
Nice band !
04.06.2006 - 10:32
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Written by mvikred on 25.05.2006 at 05:23

I concur. But their technicality is a lot more upfront and blatant rather than subtle. Beacause of this, many people without any knowledge of music theory, time shifts, scales etc. etc., think that Necrophagist are over-the-top technical, while they aren't that.
I'm just peeved that many people say that they are the most technical band ever.

Anyhow, I like this band a lot. I prefer the first album, Onset Of Putrefaction than the second one(even though Epitaph was more Martyr-esque). Muhammed Sucimez is one HELLUVA guitar player and I really like the riffs he writes.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
04.06.2006 - 20:00
Stigmatized
I don't know much about Technical DM and how Necrophagist fit into it. What I do know is that they are a good band. Very talented musicians and write some good stuff. I just got their first album not to long ago, Onset Of Putrefaction. Very cool to know that Muhammed did the whole album himself. Much respect...
05.06.2006 - 03:58
mvikred
Written by CrypticMyth on 04.06.2006 at 10:32

Written by mvikred on 25.05.2006 at 05:23

I concur. But their technicality is a lot more upfront and blatant rather than subtle. Beacause of this, many people without any knowledge of music theory, time shifts, scales etc. etc., think that Necrophagist are over-the-top technical, while they aren't that.
I'm just peeved that many people say that they are the most technical band ever.

Anyhow, I like this band a lot. I prefer the first album, Onset Of Putrefaction than the second one(even though Epitaph was more Martyr-esque). Muhammed Sucimez is one HELLUVA guitar player and I really like the riffs he writes.

i agree man , watever said and done .. i love the band and i love thier comps ... some inspiring stuff... and ppl seem to like onset more than epitaph .. i somehow love them both .. at an equal level. but onset is very raw and has my fav track in it ' fermented offal discharge ' ... can never get enough of it .. ever
----
05.06.2006 - 06:16
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Necrophagist is one of my favoritest bands! I have their album, "Onset Of Putrefaction", and I was blown away by their incredible level of technical grace. Their use of odd signatures and rhythms is quite astonishing, and Muhammed Suicmez's riffing and solos rival that of the great Trey Azagthoth. If you want a treat of technical death metal, then I demand that you check out Necrophagist.
15.06.2006 - 16:13
Stigmatized
I've decided...Muhammed may be the most amazing musician I've ever heard. Listening to Onset of Putrefaction and thinking that he played every instrument, it leaves me speechless. Incredible...
15.06.2006 - 16:43
Daru Jericho
I haven't heard much of their stuff but the material I have heard is plain awesome. Suicmez is a great guitarist and composer, he could easily be branded one of the best. They seem to have a unique flavour compared to other tech death bands but I might not have heard enough or the 'right tech death to make such a judgement.

They were supposed to be coming here this weekend but the cancelled because their passports got stolen I think this is the second time they've cancelled on London in a row.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

15.06.2006 - 18:13
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 15.06.2006 at 16:13

I've decided...Muhammed may be the most amazing musician I've ever heard. Listening to Onset of Putrefaction and thinking that he played every instrument, it leaves me speechless. Incredible...

Well he did use a drum machine on Onset, not sure if you know that or not, but either way he's damn amazing his guitar is enough for me.
15.06.2006 - 18:50
Stigmatized
Written by [user id=8232] on 15.06.2006 at 18:13

Written by Stigmatized on 15.06.2006 at 16:13

Well he did use a drum machine on Onset, not sure if you know that or not, but either way he's damn amazing his guitar is enough for me.

No , I did not know that, but either way....He's really good at what he does...
15.06.2006 - 22:22
Hylia
Great band, I haven't listened to them very long but they do have very amazing songs. Some of my favorites and Only ash Remains(amazing solo),Diminshed to be, Stabwound and Foul body autopsy.
20.06.2006 - 22:52
kackbratze
Oh yes, another one of those bands that are hard to get into. There are so many freaky riffs and solos, but once you get the hang of it, it's cool! Both great albums!
20.06.2006 - 23:55
JoeDoom
Account deleted
It is funny how a good 5 years ago a bit after Onset Of Putrefaction, this band was generally considered to be decent technical death metal, very skilled, but nothing great lacking mature song structure. This was a general consenus for a lot of death metal fans. Now after siging to Relapse, getting a full line up together and creating Epitaph, which is not really any greater than Onset Of Putrefaction other than a lot of added frails and sweeps, people seem to lose their shit over this band.

I do admit Necrophagist is pretty good just not nearly worth the hype. A hell of a lot better than Nile anyways.
25.06.2006 - 00:39
Stigmatized
Written by [user id=14224] on 20.06.2006 at 23:55

I do admit Necrophagist is pretty good just not nearly worth the hype. A hell of a lot better than Nile anyways.

What's wrong with Nile?