Metal Storm logo
Metallica - St Anger

Poll

What do you think of Metallica's St Anger album.

They should'venever released such an alb
disapponting album
It's not bad but not good either
it's just average
Great album
it's below average

Total votes: 151
22.10.2006 - 01:56
marillionfan
Account deleted
This is not an anti-Metallica poll. Their last album disappointed me big time; I'm new on this forum so I'd like to know what you think of this album.
22.10.2006 - 02:06
Dam3k
everyone say it sucks but half of them don't even know why..., it's not a great album, it's neither ride the lightning nor master of puppets, but for god shake it isn't THAT bad!!
----

22.10.2006 - 03:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I think you should check out people's comments in the St. Anger review thread.
22.10.2006 - 05:32
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Here, allow me to help:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=366&page=&message_id=

As for me, I think they never should have released such an album. They were already past their prime when they released the black album, and with the quality of their music decaying overtime, it should have been obvious that this album was bound to suck.
22.10.2006 - 10:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well i vote for ''disapponting album'' becaus eyou didnt make pool how I shood be its more then disapointed album, new drummer, new ehh its not even sped money to listen Metallica and talk about it
Its like listen Loud and Reloud, but in those albums are etliest fiew good songs
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.10.2006 - 11:44
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Bad English on 22.10.2006 at 10:13

Well i vote for ''disapponting album'' becaus eyou didnt make pool how I shood be its more then disapointed album, new drummer, new ehh its not even sped money to listen Metallica and talk about it
Its like listen Loud and Reloud, but in those albums are etliest fiew good songs

New drummer? Dont you mean Bassists
----

Hellcunt Smurf
22.10.2006 - 11:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Xtreme Jax on 22.10.2006 at 11:44

Written by Bad English on 22.10.2006 at 10:13

New drummer? Dont you mean Bassists

LOL Im a idiot Im total idiot, ye si mean bassist post in so early in morning are bad
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.10.2006 - 20:08
Warman
Erotic Stains
Without doubt the most underestimated album of all time! I love this album! Of course, it is not a MOP or RTL but still, this album rocks. Hetfield's voice makes me shiver, it pierces right through you with all the anger, the drums, the riffs ... amazing!
BTW is it just me that think this albums twin is Slayer's "God Hates Us All"? I think those two albums are similar in a lot of ways, Araya and Hetfield sound exactly the same and both albums are angry as hell.
----
22.10.2006 - 21:32
viimaneraud
Account deleted
well...i think...its good
23.10.2006 - 01:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
@Warman- dude, please don't insult Slayer like that
23.10.2006 - 02:54
Mega-Slayer
Written by Dangerboner on 23.10.2006 at 01:51

----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
23.10.2006 - 03:23
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Mega-Slayer on 23.10.2006 at 02:54

Written by Dangerboner on 23.10.2006 at 01:51

Oh, my sentiments exactly!
24.10.2006 - 15:05
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Oh great thread

*i think i should come up with some thread like Morbid Saint : Spectrum Of Death / Hellwitch : Final Approach , is it worth it ...or they are just other lame thrash metal album*

and yes i am serious.
24.10.2006 - 20:41
Hellish Star
It's bad, very bad... I was a big fan untill ."..and justice for all" and Metallica was so important for the scène but I don't consider them to be a part of the metal scène anymore...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
24.10.2006 - 23:57
Eight
Shapeshifter
It's a disapointing album, althought i'm just ignorin it, so in my mind there is no such mistake in metallica's discography.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
25.10.2006 - 04:24
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yes, it is a dissapointing album but they seriously could've done so much worse...
25.10.2006 - 15:37
Sunioj
First off, St. Anger HAS NO SOLOS, the drumming sounds like a bunch of trash cans put together and thrashed. Trujillo looks like an ape in all the videos of the overglorified MTV st Anger. St. Anger is almost a rap song, set in a jail? Do they really need to set their video up in a prision to boost their image? Thats sad.
25.10.2006 - 21:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I voted disappointing album. U've stated the reasons and this has been very discussed here so I really dnt need to explain why. The drums sound is awful, there are no solos (what a crime), the lyrics and music are inimaginative, in my opinion.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.10.2006 - 23:24
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 25.10.2006 at 15:37

St. Anger is almost a rap song

Ya flush it out, ya flush it out
26.10.2006 - 02:22
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I HATE this album, It really should have never have been released, just another Chapter in Metalicas Shame, But I hear that they will be releasing a new album and going back to their old style.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
26.10.2006 - 02:48
Winter Death
Account deleted
^^^ and then we will see how contrived the band sounds...
26.10.2006 - 03:05
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
^^^ I guess we will.....
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
26.10.2006 - 12:23
Edible Autopsy
It isn't the greatest album of all time but it's not exactly the worse either. The drums could've used a lot of work. The guitars weren't all that bad. On Some Kind of Monster they show you that Kirk wanted to do solos but Lars didn't want to because it was getting old and routine.

But from what I've heard of the newer material it's gonna be awesome.
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
26.10.2006 - 13:48
Endoftherainbow
They always say they're new materials going to be good they said St. Anger was going to be like Old School Metallica they're not going to do anything important ever again. They should have just stopped after Cliff died. This last album in particular was so bad that it should have never been released someone needs to go up to Lars' snare and just flip the peg so it doesn't sound like a trash can anymore.
26.10.2006 - 20:11
Twist
Twisted Kid
Well,the production is bad,but the music is not THAT bad. The album is not bad,but it isn't great either. Decent at best.
----
Is this where we suffer LOL
28.10.2006 - 16:53
Fear Of God
Account deleted
It's not just St. Anger.
Metallica shouldn't have been releasing anything after ...And Justice For All.
They lost their power, the anger, everything..Imo, even Master of Puppets was dissapointing.
Ride the Lightning is a god and 'kill em all is the head, and master of puppets is, yeah.
28.10.2006 - 17:20
Vunts
I bought the CD, liked it, time went on and i liked it less and less. Now i'm in the point where i can't listen to the CD. And i'm not talking about the drum sound or the "nu metal" sound. I just can't listen to it without being irritated. Something about the overall music keeps pushing me away. There used to be parts of songs that i really enjoyed, but fact is that as a full song, none of them are listenable anymore. And yes, i agree with the people who say that the CD should never have been made. As far as i know, the band had all sorts of problems at that time. Even communicating with each other or something. Now that things seem to be better, they seem to be more promising. I'm even looking forward to hearing their new album whenever it comes out...i think there might be...not sure, i'm not really a big Metallica fan. I want to hear some new songs simply to know if there is a band that can go from the top to dirt and then get out of the dirt and wash themselves "clean".

And for a closing sentence: the new bassist does look like an ape. I have had lots of fun imitating him.

EDIT: oh yes, i voted for "dissapointing", even though "They should'venever released such an alb" came rather close and according to my post, should have been a more appropriate vote.
28.10.2006 - 17:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well,st. anger...is crap
sure it's not the worst album in the world but it's fucking crap.i once tried to listen to the title track because i liked it when it first came out,but i just can't stand the full version
the only bearable song on the album is frantic,the rest being too much not to skip
29.10.2006 - 01:32
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I voted for really disappointing. I'm not gonna say they should never have released it, because well, releasing an album is their choice and so is making music. The only thing I semi-like is the song Some Kind Of Monster, otherwise it was really disappointing for me as Metallica has been one of my favourite bands ever.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
29.10.2006 - 14:10
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i cant stand st.anger, reasons:

there are no solos yet most songs are around 7 minutes long, they also use exactly the same riff throughout the whole songs, 7 minutes of one single riff? no thanks. and those riffs arent even good, they are horrible actually. the drumming sounds like someone hitting on trashcans and is just as technical as the riffing, that means, not at all. on top of those reasons the production is bad aswell and hetfields voice sounds like crap too.

those reasons only make st. anger bad, but the fact that its made by the once great metallica lets it drop from bad to horrible
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness